2013 Free Dining Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.

1. ngchiro

ngchiro Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Interesting.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tracydeech

tracydeech Mouseketeer

They told me on the phone tht I could manage everything through the mail. By sending my cash in money order. She said it would take longer that way but can be done. She also put my zip code in her comp and brought up the closest chase branch to me.

And we get to pick from a few really cute Disney cards!!! ( cuz that's what really counts! Haha) :)

4. Tommyboy2529

Tommyboy2529 Mouseketeer

I went to the bank on Sat, and got one, I did not want the credit card as it could end up getting me in a lot of trouble. I went to the branch and opened an account, they set it up so that I can transfer funds from my regular checking account. If you call they will tell you that you can not do it over the phone, the chase that was near me was out of state but only 30 miles away. This way I will only spend what is in the account. Going in December hoping that we have free dining.:smickey:

5. micknpluto

micknpluto DIS Veteran

I would feel better if I had a branch close by. There are a lot of fees involved. One of the fees being $12 a month. There were options. Like the $500 deposit every month. With no fees. But I would have to utilize this as my main bank account. Like I said if it was closer. Oh well

6. tracydeech

tracydeech Mouseketeer

There is a fee for the debit card?

7. momto3gr8boys

momto3gr8boys DIS Veteran

That was my first reaction, then I went to the Chase site and if you don't have either direct deposit (of $500 or more a month), keep a minimum balance of $1500 in your checking account, or have other Chase accounts totaling $5,000 or more, there is a $12 monthly service fee for the checking account that that debit card is linked to.

Chase is my main bank, so I wouldn't have any fees, but I can see how this wouldn't work if you were only looking for it for the Disney discounts.

BTW, I literally can't walk a 1/4 of a mile without bumping into a Chase on Long Island. I didn't know they were so infrequent elsewhere.

As for managing it, their mobile app is great - you could deposit checks by phone and manage everything without having to go to a branch. And the ATMs in WDW are all Chase as well, so you'd save on fees if you withdraw money there. But again, to save 10% in a few places it may not be worth it. I haven't even changed my own debit card over because I need to see if I'd be giving up the perks I currently have (which are more than the Disney ones) by changing. I'm hoping they are in addition.

8. tracydeech

tracydeech Mouseketeer

That bums me out! :(

9. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

10. micknpluto

micknpluto DIS Veteran

If they opened a chase in south jersey near where i live, i would kick my other bank to the curb for sure.

11. jpessa

jpessa Addicted to Disney

In Canada we can't even get the Disney Visa. Boo! Hiss!

12. SadieG

SadieG Mouseketeer

Hello! :) It has been a long time since I have visited the boards. I would really like a link as to how the free dining usually works. Are the free dining plans based on the hotel you choose? Can you upgrade to a different plan by paying more money? Thanks! :)

13. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2771101

14. faindrops27

faindrops27 I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My

Hi Sadie!

Yes, for free dining value resorts receive Disney' quick service dining. Which includes one snack per person, two counter service meals per person, per night of stay, plus a refillable mug per person(refillable only at your resort home.) Moderates resorts receive the regular Disney dining plan which includes, one snack per person, one counter service meal per person, one table service meal per person, per night of stay plus the refillable mug. There is also the deluxe dining plan which includes two snacks pp, three meals per person per night of stay you can use any way you wish counter service or table service, plus the mug.

You can stay at a value resort, and upgrade to any dining plan for a nominal fee. Hope this helps, enjoy!!:dance3:

15. faindrops27

Disney 411 you beat me!:goodvibes

16. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original D

I don't know if things have changed, but I've NEVER paid a fee for my checking account. I don't comply with ANY of the things you mentioned either, so I'm a little confused.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

17. Li Li

Li Li Mouseketeer

Clarification question: it says you need to get a 2-day base ticket in package to get free dining. Is that 2 days per person? Or, 2 days total for the package? So, if it is me and hubby, can we each order a one day ticket, thus equaling two tix, or do we each need a 2-day ticket?

18. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Everyone needs their own minimum 2 day ticket. When you book a package, everyone in the room must have the exact same entitlements. You can adjust length of tickets once you have them in hand if someone needs more days than the others.

19. Li Li

Li Li Mouseketeer

Thanks smitch!

20. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

You're welcome! Happy to help! :goodvibes

21. faindrops27

My uncle is military sorry, no you cannot.

If I were you, I would cancel the room only and set up a package for your dates, and just call back to add free dining.:goodvibes: