2013 Free Dining Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Johnnyry129

Johnnyry129 Earning My Ears

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. micknpluto

micknpluto DIS Veteran

I did not know this even existed ? Wow

4. Scootchu

Scootchu Earning My Ears

Yes, that's the goal. We go directly through WDW and last year made a couple of changes with no problem. You are right about releasing the room and having someone scarf them up while re-booking. My wife just spoke with an agent and said "basically it's not a guarantee to have the room booked that your place is saved, but leave it alone and re-book as soon as any info becomes available on FD" Sooooooo I guess we'll keep watch. Doesn't look all that promising to have the quantity of FD dates in 2013 as there was in 2013, but fingers crossed.

5. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

The debit used to earn .5% in Disney rewards, but the regulations for debit cards changed, so they got rid of it completely. It was reintroduced not long ago, but it earns no rewards. It does qualify for many of the other perks, though.

6. momto3gr8boys

momto3gr8boys DIS Veteran

7. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

That is why I suggested switching to a package now vs. later. If you wait to do it when FD is released, the call volume will be very high and rooms could go quickly. While it is no guarantee that you can get FD with your package already booked, the phone call will go much faster if they only have to pull up your existing reservation to add it than having to start from the beginning. Good luck! :goodvibes

8. dig311dug

dig311dug Earning My Ears

thanks! ;)

9. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Having a room only reservation is not saving a FD package room for you. There is absolutely no reason to keep that room only reservation. Cancel it, rebook under a package and when the November dates are released this summer, call and add the FD discount to your existing package reservation. Even if you ended up changed dates or rooms or resorts you would not have to cancel and rebook again and your package reservation number will stay the same.

10. micknpluto

micknpluto DIS Veteran

11. Scootchu

Scootchu Earning My Ears

Thank you!

12. tracydeech

tracydeech Mouseketeer

Okay! So excited. I really didn't want a Disney credit card BUT a debit card is a dif story! Just called and talked to a rep. You get discounts even with the debit card- 10% off stores of $50 or more spent. Free meet n greet with a complimentary photo at the parks! You can apply on phone or go straight to a chase location. I'm going to the location.

Thx for the great tip!!!!

13. Scootchu

Scootchu Earning My Ears

Just so I am on the same page with the help I have received, I should have the package ready to go (booked), Room, Park Tickets, Dining. Then when the dates are released I have them just apply the FD Discount to the package rather than re-create the whole thing from scratch after cancelling "just the room"? That sounds like what I was looking to hear.

14. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

You don't have to have dining added on, just room and tickets will work. :thumbsup2

15. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Yes, that is exactly what I meant :-)

16. nikkyluvsmickey

nikkyluvsmickey DIS Veteran

Sorry if my asking is annoying you but i was getting conflicting information so i was trying to get a more clear anwser..so sorry to annoy you

17. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

You are free to ask whatever you want to as often as you want to. :goodvibes

18. nikkyluvsmickey

nikkyluvsmickey DIS Veteran

:)

19. wisconsinmama

wisconsinmama Earning My Ears

If I use my Disney visa to book the entire package i get 6 months free financing correct? If this is true wouldn't it be a good idea to do that because then I get the reward dollars too?

20. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Yes and yes. :goodvibes

21. micknpluto

micknpluto DIS Veteran

do you guys think its worth it even if i dont have a branch close to where i live? How will I manage the account ?

I would really like to utilize this account as a savings for my disney vacations?