*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

Can't wait... another year, another Sister Hazel show :) Got to love when 2 of your favorite things come together.

I have been reading blogs, looking at pictures and video and remembering my own experience.
I have come to the conclusion that the World Showcase need more tables/surfaces.
I have seen and experienced not having a place to set anything down. You get a sample and a beverage and it is nearly impossible to weild your fork without spilling you beverage.

Are people not tired of resting their food on a Trash can while they eat?

I realize that there are space limitation and they may not be able to put in much for seating.. but at the very least may-hap they could have a store of high top tables (the kind you can stand around) that they pull out for these festivals and such.

jq1n4700mm-250x250.jpg

There is a convention center near my house that holds bridals show and other expos and they have several of these that they scatter about in nook and corners so that people may set down their beverage and or plate and enjoy the goodies.

I should think it would not be all that difficult or impossible to do.

If not it would also be brilliant (yet easy) to start serving dishes on something more like this :
FW-2012-tasting-plate.jpg

Obviously these are not a standard, they look like something extra you have to purchase (anyone have any knowledge of this?, I just saw it on a blog)

Not sure what 'blogs' etc you have been reading but there are a large number of hightop stand up tables added for this event.

Adding too many more would mean we would all just be dodging the tables.

Of course since a lot of Disney visitors won't share this is a problem. If people would share the tables it works better and lots of visitors do. But you always have the 'rude' groups who think "this is MY table and no one else can eat at it"

(If you really want to read about table shortages read reviews of the Party for the Senses!)

You did have to purchase that little plate. I never saw the need.

Honestly during the week I never have a problem finding a place to eat and drink

I went last year (on weekdays/nights) and while it was busy it wasn't crazy.

We never had a problem copping a squat somewhere or walking and eating.

And I NEVER ate on top of a trashcan that is just :crazy2:

Tables seem like a non issue to me. I guess if you had multiples at one time it might be more of an issue. But usually my friend and I were sharing stuff to maximize our tasting chances so we could hand stuff off if we needed.

I think the plea for more tables and tables with chairs will be in vain.

WDW doesn't want guests parking in chairs and staying. They want them wandering. If they wander they will buy more food. It may be the same idea with not adding loads of tall tables. Although they do add some. They have to keep traffic moving, which is likely why you don't see any tables in the higher traffic areas.

and yes, they did sell a tray with a glass holder. Starting either last year or the year before that. But it had to be purchased. The only time you're given one to use (not to keep) is at Party for the Senses - and maybe the 3D Dessert Party, I don't remember if I was given one for that.

Yes, I do use the trash cans. Doesn't occur to me to object too vehemently to that but I understand that some do.

I have no problem walking up to a high-top with 2 or 3 people and asking if they would mind sharing their table for a few minutes! :)

I have not been turned away yet and I've met some really nice people I probably wouldn't have met otherwise! :thumbsup2

I have no problem walking up to a high-top with 2 or 3 people and asking if they would mind sharing their table for a few minutes! :)

I have not been turned away yet and I've met some really nice people I probably wouldn't have met otherwise! :thumbsup2

Anyone is welcome to share a table I'm at. I have met people from all over the world and had great conversations sharing tables. I encourage everyone to share the table.

And I've never been turned down when I've asked to share a table except for when 3 or 4 more were joining.

Last year I saw one couple at a table near the one I was at get very upset every time anyone tried to approach their table. The couple at the table with me and I started :rotfl2:at their act. One of them would LOUDLY announce that this was OUR TABLE and generally act like2 year olds.

We did hear them point out the "drunks" at our table. I guess that is why they thought we were:rotfl2:

I am glad to hear there are some tables and I am sociable enough to go up and ask someone if I may share theirs. I am a clutz and terrible at balancing my food and drink and confessed glutton so I see myself have to much to juggle :blush:
I have used trash can tops as a substitute table at many a festival.

Side note: I really hope I get to see some of you at the festival. Will anyone else be there during my dates?

Last year I saw one couple at a table near the one I was at get very upset every time anyone tried to approach their table. The couple at the table with me and I started :rotfl2:at their act. One of them would LOUDLY announce that this was OUR TABLE and generally act like2 year olds.

We did hear them point out the "drunks" at our table. I guess that is why they thought we were:rotfl2:

It is strange to me, but some people are simply anti-social and other are just icked out by eating with strangers. I do many events that require mass family style eating so I am used to sitting down with people I do not know. For the most part I rather enjoy the chance to meet new people although sometimes one does draw the short straw end up up sitting with less than desirable eating companions.
:banana:

I do remember the addition of high tops but very minimal. We usually just pop a squat wherever and balance the food. LOL.

Or balance and eat/drink as you walk to the next kiosk. LOL

I like the tray with glass holder idea... they didn't have that when we went years ago. We'd be totally willing to buy a couple -- doubles as a souvenir. :)

Side note: I really hope I get to see some of you at the festival. Will anyone else be there during my dates?

Must ask that there be no chatter on this thread regarding dates and whether anyone wants to meet up...if you'd like to find out if anyone can meet you at WDW, you are welcome to start a thread either in the main forum for dining or on the Meets board.

Someone mentioned the Chase lounge. Does anyone have info on it? Where, hours open, what it it?

The only info I have is last year's.

The Chase Lounge opened with the Festival center at 9 AM. It is in Future World, not the World Showcase. I think it closed when the Festival Center closed (I think that is at 9 PM).

It was a room in the rear of the Festival center. You could access it by showing your Chase credit card to a CM. The card holder could bring in up to 10 (!) guests. The room was furnished with cushy chairs and sofas and was generally a place to rest. For awhile they had chargers for cell phones but those disappeared about halfway through the festival. Bring your own charger if you want, there were a lot of outlets. Beverages (soft drinks, coffee, tea, water - filtered not bottled) were available, but you were supposed to use their cups and not your own. There was also a restroom and a touch screen where you could look up info on things like the Eat to the Beat concerts.

They offered wristbands each day for reserved seating at the concerts and for Illuminations viewing. The Illuminations area was between the two shops on the Future World side. The wristbands were first come, first get, and when they ran out there weren't any more.

It is strange to me, but some people are simply anti-social and other are just icked out by eating with strangers. I do many events that require mass family style eating so I am used to sitting down with people I do not know. For the most part I rather enjoy the chance to meet new people although sometimes one does draw the short straw end up up sitting with less than desirable eating companions.
:banana:

I go on cruises so I'm used to communal dining. But at WDW, many people seem very uncomfortable with it. It seems to be hit or miss. I've been seated with people in the Biergarten as well as the Japanese restaurant who just glared at me when I tried to make idle chit chat.

I think I will stick with the top of a trash can if I can't find anywhere else...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter