*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

I go on cruises so I'm used to communal dining. But at WDW, many people seem very uncomfortable with it. It seems to be hit or miss. I've been seated with people in the Biergarten as well as the Japanese restaurant who just glared at me when I tried to make idle chit chat.

I think I will stick with the top of a trash can if I can't find anywhere else...

So is that where you got the idea for your user id from?:lmao:

JK of course.

I'm very shy in person, but people always come up and talk to me. I guess I just have one of those faces. I don't mind Biergarten sharing but smaller tables (or trash cans) make me a bit uncomfortable.
I can't wait to taste all of the delights of the F&W this year so I'll even share a spot and not complain.

It is strange to me, but some people are simply anti-social and other are just icked out by eating with strangers. I do many events that require mass family style eating so I am used to sitting down with people I do not know. For the most part I rather enjoy the chance to meet new people although sometimes one does draw the short straw end up up sitting with less than desirable eating companions.
:banana:

Some people might also have anxiety disorders, like myself. I'm usually pretty good at Disney because it's a comfort zone, despite all the people, but eating around strangers can be a flare up for my social anxiety. Add strangers at the same table trying to talk to me and I become too anxious and uncomfortable to eat no matter how nice the people are.

The only info I have is last year's.

The Chase Lounge opened with the Festival center at 9 AM. It is in Future World, not the World Showcase. I think it closed when the Festival Center closed (I think that is at 9 PM).

It was a room in the rear of the Festival center. You could access it by showing your Chase credit card to a CM. The card holder could bring in up to 10 (!) guests. The room was furnished with cushy chairs and sofas and was generally a place to rest. For awhile they had chargers for cell phones but those disappeared about halfway through the festival. Bring your own charger if you want, there were a lot of outlets. Beverages (soft drinks, coffee, tea, water - filtered not bottled) were available, but you were supposed to use their cups and not your own. There was also a restroom and a touch screen where you could look up info on things like the Eat to the Beat concerts.

They offered wristbands each day for reserved seating at the concerts and for Illuminations viewing. The Illuminations area was between the two shops on the Future World side. The wristbands were first come, first get, and when they ran out there weren't any more.

If they offer the Chase lounge this year (and the special wristbands for Illuminations and concerts), I'd recommend going on a weekday. People would stand to get a better chance these wristbands won't be claimed as quickly as weekends, and the World Showcase Plaza viewing area might not be very crowded.

If they offer the Chase lounge this year (and the special wristbands for Illuminations and concerts), I'd recommend going on a weekday. People would stand to get a better chance these wristbands won't be claimed as quickly as weekends, and the World Showcase Plaza viewing area might not be very crowded.

Thanks. We've been to F&W 6 times and I never knew about the Chase lounge. We'll give it a try.

Thanks. We've been to F&W 6 times and I never knew about the Chase lounge. We'll give it a try.

We didn't either. I always wondered too why people were going into the building. I know they used to do some of the seminars and cooking demos in there.

We will definitely pop in and check out the lounge this year (if they have it)

We didn't either. I always wondered too why people were going into the building. I know they used to do some of the seminars and cooking demos in there.

'The building' is the Festival Welcome Center and seminars and cooking demo, affectionately known as deminars, are still conducted in the building.

The Chase Lounge has been a small room in the rear of the building by the restrooms.

Yes, I had to put a little disclaimer in there. You never know if Disney will continue something from year to year. I hope the Chase lounge continues. I liked it.

Not sure what 'blogs' etc you have been reading but there are a large number of hightop stand up tables added for this event.

Adding too many more would mean we would all just be dodging the tables.

Of course since a lot of Disney visitors won't share this is a problem. If people would share the tables it works better and lots of visitors do. But you always have the 'rude' groups who think "this is MY table and no one else can eat at it"

(If you really want to read about table shortages read reviews of the Party for the Senses!)

You did have to purchase that little plate. I never saw the need.

Honestly during the week I never have a problem finding a place to eat and drink

You're a lucky one! When WS first opened during the day, we could find a table or part of a table, but as the day progressed we were taking turns holding dishes for each other to eat. I do recall it is different in different areas though. We LOVED Morocco's offerings, and never had a problem finding a bit of a bench as not as many people ate there. But at Ireland, we had to walk past Hawaii just to get some elbow room to pick up the fork and eat!

I like the tray with glass holder idea... they didn't have that when we went years ago. We'd be totally willing to buy a couple -- doubles as a souvenir. :)

They were out when I went! So I got a package of 10 or so cute burgundy dishes very similar from Target during their after Christmas sale. Cost me 50 cents!

The Disney Food Blog is reporting new menu items for the marketplaces:

Venison Sausage — New Zealand
Lemongrass Chicken Curry — Singapore
New England Clam Chowder with a side of Tabasco — Hops & Barley
Braised Short Ribs in Cabernet with Mashed Potatoes — France

The Disney Food Blog is reporting new menu items for the marketplaces:

My mouth is watering! I am so excited - we are traveling with our usual family of 7 + 2 first timers! They have no idea what they are in for :)

They were out when I went! So I got a package of 10 or so cute burgundy dishes very similar from Target during their after Christmas sale. Cost me 50 cents!

Oooh... cool! Maybe I'll look for that type of thing ahead of time... come prepared! Thanks for sharing this idea!! :)

The short ribs in France sound like they may be a replacement for coq au vin this year. The coq has been a favorite of mine, but I'm looking forward to trying the short ribs. I can't see them ditching the escargot as they've had that year after year.

The short ribs in France sound like they may be a replacement for coq au vin this year. The coq has been a favorite of mine, but I'm looking forward to trying the short ribs. I can't see them ditching the escargot as they've had that year after year.

I have promised myself that if they have the Escargot, I will try it. I like to say I will try ALMOST anything once, and while the idea does not sound appetizing to me really, I would like to say I tried.

I have promised myself that if they have the Escargot, I will try it. I like to say I will try ALMOST anything once, and while the idea does not sound appetizing to me really, I would like to say I tried.

I felt the same way ... and actually really liked the escargot after I tried it. If they have it this year, and it's served similar to other years, it should have the taste and texture of a creamy garlic bread. The 'meat' almost has the same texture of roasted garlic cloves and melds very well with small bread bowl for a perfect bite.

We've gotten the Escargot from Chefs de France before and it was really really good. Mostly butter and garlic. Ha ha. Im sure its probably prepared the same way at the kiosk.

'The building' is the Festival Welcome Center and seminars and cooking demo, affectionately known as deminars, are still conducted in the building.

The Chase Lounge has been a small room in the rear of the building by the restrooms.

My family did F&W for the first time last year, and we weren't aware of the Festival Welcome Center. Of course, sampling the food and drink around World Showcase kept us busy during our day.

As for the Chase Lounge, I remember when it was the Metlife Lounge when Wonders of Life first opened. At the time, I worked for a Metropolitan Life subsidiary and was able to get access to the lounge during one of our Disney vacations. It made me feel like a VIP at the time. I've heard that there's a similar lounge in the Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter