*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

:cool1: Can't wait to get all the info tomorrow night and taste some of the new items!:banana:

There are a few reviews on disneyfoodblog from past years events:

2012 Robert Irvine
2011 Xante Mixology Seminar
2011 Cake Boss Buddy Valastro
2011 Ming Tsai
2010 Andrew Zimmern

We've done a few in the past, including Robert Irvine and Andrew Zimmern and enjoyed them. We found them to be a good value (especially when they were only $10 or $12) as you got a wine sample and a food sample and the entertainment of the guest chef. Some obviously are better than others but if there is anyone you are interested in seeing I'd give it a shot.

Thanks for these! Very helpful - we will definitely try to book a few when the phone lines open on August 13.

So now it looks like we are just missing this list for Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining. That is what I'm waiting on before I make my final selections for what I'm going to try for.

People with experience...what are the chances that Bryan & Michael Voltaggio would also sign their 2 year old cookbook while they're there? DH & I can't afford the $200+ for the seminar, but I would loooooooooove to meet them.

People with experience...what are the chances that Bryan & Michael Voltaggio would also sign their 2 year old cookbook while they're there? DH & I can't afford the $200+ for the seminar, but I would loooooooooove to meet them.

Generally, the chefs do book signings after the seminars. The key is to get to EPCOT right away in the morning, go to the festival center, and get your wristband. That's kind of like a "fast pass" for the signing - all those with wristbands (in my experience) will get their books signed and they have a disney cast member who will take a picture with your camera with the chefs during the signing. If you don't have a wristband, you aren't guaranteed to get your book signed. Similarly, even if you go to the seminar, you aren't guaranteed to get your book signed. The wrist bands are key!

Also, as a tip, we pre buy the books from amazon and bring the books with us - much cheaper than buying at Disney!

So disappointed that Robert Irvine is the week after we leave! Was really hoping we'd get to see him. I didn't get up early enough 2 years ago and his kitchen memories was sold out. We did run into him at Rose and Crown on our last day which was pretty cool. Oh we'll, maybe next year.

Can't wait to see the deminar details, mixology for me, beer for the boyfriend, and food for us both. We'll be there Oct 16-26 so we'll have plenty to choose from.

Any opinions on the grand mariner shake taste indulge? That's something the both of us agree on out of the more expensive stuff, but want to be sure it's worth it.

I'm afraid to do any of the more expensive experiences because I don't eat beef (or lamb or any red meat) so I'm afraid since menus aren't given in advance. Neither of us prefer wine.

Definitely going to do the 3d dessert party. Not sure if I should upgrade to sweet seats. Again, any opinions?

For those that do this every year, what is the best time to go? I would assume not first week or last week. I will be by myself. I've never done that before, but my daughter will be in school and it's her senior year so not missing school. Plus she will want me to ride rides with her instead of doing the festival. Plus she will criticize me if I get a few beers. This way I can go during the week, when I assume the crowds are a bit less. Is that correct? I will likely stay only 1, maybe 2 nights.

My mom & I have weekday passes so I'm only there on weekdays. Its not crazy crowded like I assume it is on weekends so its quite nice. The FWF is my FAVORITE time of year in Disney! We normally only do "walk-on rides" during the festival since eating & drinking is our main priority :)
I think you'd have a great time by yourself. The atmosphere in Epcot during the festival is very nice - everyone is so friendly asking each other "Where'd you get that dish? Is it good? OMG that drink looks fantastic! Where can I get it?"
My mom went by herself one night (I know! Without me! :guilty:) and had a great time relaxing and people watching.

I am so excited that the schedule is (mostly) out!!

A couple of questions for those who have been, as this is my friend's and my first time. I keep reading on Disney Food Blog that the French Regional Lunch (Frunch) is the best thing at FAWF. But when I read past reviews, I'm nervous about the food they're serving. I'll try anything when it comes to flavor combinations and fruits/vegetables/grain/dairy, but I'm picky when it comes to proteins. (I eat very little seafood and am not crazy about uncommon meats. I'm a poultry/beef/pork kind of girl.) What is it about the the Frunch that makes it so special? The speakers and atmosphere, or the food? It makes me nervous to gamble that amount of money on a meal I may not want to eat.

We're also thinking about doing the Mexican Tequila Lunch, the Italian Food & Wine Lunch (the one at Via Napoli), the Hibachi sake dinner (yay, new!), and Party for the Senses. Anyone have any advice on those? Worth it, not worth it? Also potentially the Grand Marnier event, but it seems to get mixed reviews. Man, are these all expensive. But it's why we're taking this trip, so it is what it is!

Finally, the cooking demos and signings. I know we're supposed to go to the desk first thing in the morning for a schedule and wristbands, but do they release the names of the chefs and details ahead of time, or only that day? The way my itinerary is looking now, we'll have one afternoon/dinner for kiosk food and one for a couple of demos. Not that it really matters, but I'd love to know in advance which will be which!

Thanks for any advice! :lovestruc

Generally, the chefs do book signings after the seminars. The key is to get to EPCOT right away in the morning, go to the festival center, and get your wristband. That's kind of like a "fast pass" for the signing - all those with wristbands (in my experience) will get their books signed and they have a disney cast member who will take a picture with your camera with the chefs during the signing. If you don't have a wristband, you aren't guaranteed to get your book signed. Similarly, even if you go to the seminar, you aren't guaranteed to get your book signed. The wrist bands are key!

Also, as a tip, we pre buy the books from amazon and bring the books with us - much cheaper than buying at Disney!

Thanks so much for the info. Now I'm just trying to figure out if it will all work. That's the day we're planning to go to Animal Kingdom, and we have reservations at Yak&Yeti, which is one of DH's favorites. We do have the parkhopper, so it could still be done. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes, I guess!

was there an early booking day for AP etc last year? I can't recall and not have an AP etc I'm wondering if anything will even be available for the general public as far as the deminars.

Where is the detail of the seminars, signature dinners, etc? When I click the links a few posts above, I just get taken to a blog that has a bunch of generic info, nothing specific.

Just wanted to know if you can book the food and wine special events online or if you have to call.
Thanks

Ohh.. i was waiting for this to happen. I have heard from my friends about the festival, wanted to participate last time, but couldn't. excited!!!

Finally, the cooking demos and signings. I know we're supposed to go to the desk first thing in the morning for a schedule and wristbands, but do they release the names of the chefs and details ahead of time, or only that day? The way my itinerary is looking now, we'll have one afternoon/dinner for kiosk food and one for a couple of demos. Not that it really matters, but I'd love to know in advance which will be which!

Thanks for any advice! :lovestruc

Disney should release the official schedule in the next couple weeks, possibly just before reservations begin. The official info usually includes a list of the daily deminars including the chef or restaurant and the type of food if known, such as fish, meat, savory etc.

For the folks down during the week of 10/14, keep an eye out for the Lasseter Winery demos. Although last year it was listed as hosted by Nancy Lasseter, I attended one last year, and not only did John show up, he pretty much ran the demo along with his wife.

was there an early booking day for AP etc last year? I can't recall and not have an AP etc I'm wondering if anything will even be available for the general public as far as the deminars.

according to this link: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013-...cost-seminars-events-and-food-demonstrations/

Booking begins on August 13, 2013. Booking opens for Tables in Wonderland members, Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members, and Golden Oak residents on August 9, 2013.

however, I think that is just for the Culinary Demos, Beverage Seminars, and Mixology Seminars - not sure if that goes for the special events too.

Also, the discounts that they get ($2 off the price) are only for weekday demos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter