*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

I'm brand new to the boards (first post) so I hope that I'm posting this correctly. My first trip to Disney World will be in October and this thread makes me so excited about the Festival! I can't wait. :banana:

I will be going down for a conference, and I was wondering if they give you recipes for the food. It would be nice to sample some of the food for dinner, but I also need to make sure that I get reinbursed.

I will be going down for a conference, and I was wondering if they give you recipes for the food. It would be nice to sample some of the food for dinner, but I also need to make sure that I get reinbursed.

Receipts yes you get a receipt from each booth. (You did mean receipt not recipe, right? guessing from the line about getting reimbursed). They do tear it when you pick up your food or drink just to show that you got what you ordered.

Hi all,

This will be our first trip to the FAWF and we're so pumped! I'm sure others have asked, but I didn't see the answer in the thread: do we know when the details will all officially be released? I know I'm not the only one in this camp, but I'm struggling with trying to plan the rest of my ADRs and trip details without knowing exactly what's happening when - the FAWF is the big priority for this trip, but we want to enjoy the rest of the resort as well. Since the reservations open on August 13th, how much advance time do they generally give us to do the figuring?

While I'm here... any random tips for a first-timer? We're in Orlando for a week, so will try to get to the kiosks on a weekday rather than weekend, but it seems like so many of the special events happen on the weekends, no? I'm struggling with making an itinerary that will include those events but also not have us doing Epcot on a Saturday. Also, are there some weekends during the festival that are more crowded than others? We'll be there from November 1-10.

Thanks for any help!! :yay:

I'm brand new to the boards (first post) so I hope that I'm posting this correctly. My first trip to Disney World will be in October and this thread makes me so excited about the Festival! I can't wait. :banana:

Hi all,

This will be our first trip to the FAWF and we're so pumped! I'm sure others have asked, but I didn't see the answer in the thread: do we know when the details will all officially be released? I know I'm not the only one in this camp, but I'm struggling with trying to plan the rest of my ADRs and trip details without knowing exactly what's happening when - the FAWF is the big priority for this trip, but we want to enjoy the rest of the resort as well. Since the reservations open on August 13th, how much advance time do they generally give us to do the figuring?

While I'm here... any random tips for a first-timer? We're in Orlando for a week, so will try to get to the kiosks on a weekday rather than weekend, but it seems like so many of the special events happen on the weekends, no? I'm struggling with making an itinerary that will include those events but also not have us doing Epcot on a Saturday. Also, are there some weekends during the festival that are more crowded than others? We'll be there from November 1-10.

Thanks for any help!! :yay:

Welcome to the DIS! We have done Food and Wine each of the past two years and are looking forward to another trip in October. We love going on a weekday and enjoy the low crowds and short lines.

We generally have not done seminars; considering whether we want to take in anything "extra" this year.

I am looking forward to some food booth favorites. Greek griddled cheese and Irish fisherman's pie. Mmmmm!

If anyone is interested, Disney Food Blog posted a list of the Flying Fish Wine Dinners today.

I'm hoping this means other special events, etc will be released in the next few days!

If anyone is interested, Disney Food Blog posted a list of the Flying Fish Wine Dinners today.

I'm hoping this means other special events, etc will be released in the next few days!

We happen to already have an ADR at Flying Fish on the night of one of the wine dinners. How does this effect the regular diners? Should I try to rebook my ADR for another night?

We happen to already have an ADR at Flying Fish on the night of one of the wine dinners. How does this effect the regular diners? Should I try to rebook my ADR for another night?

No reason to change your ADR. We've attended a few different Flying Fish wine dinners and they are held in the back of restaurant towards one side where there is a small, slightly private dining area. In fact we'll be attending again this year, so maybe we'll be there on the same night as you are.

when the details will all officially be released?

Special events to be booked on the 13th will be released to TIW members at the yearly special event this Saturday, July 27. It will be everywhere right after that.

Deminars - you probably won't see those until no sooner than a week before the booking date, maybe closer to the booking date than that.

Full booth menus - it'll be another week or so and maybe longer to get the prices.

Thanks for all the helpful info here!

Can anyone tell me where to find reviews of the cheapie seminars (the $14 - $15 ones?) If not, can anyone tell me the typical seminars they have and how long they last? We'd like to go to some specialty events, but don't went to spend the $70+ that most of the events cost.

No reason to change your ADR. We've attended a few different Flying Fish wine dinners and they are held in the back of restaurant towards one side where they are a small slightly private dining area. In fact we'll be attending again this year, so maybe we'll be there on the same night as you are.

Thanks! I didn't really want to rearrange our entire schedule. It is our first time at Flying Fish. I am really excited.

Special events to be booked on the 13th will be released to TIW members at the yearly special event this Saturday, July 27. It will be everywhere right after that.

Deminars - you probably won't see those until no sooner than a week before the booking date, maybe closer to the booking date than that.

Full booth menus - it'll be another week or so and maybe longer to get the prices.

Yay! Just a couple of more days and the planning begins!

Cool - always fun to choose...
Going the last week OCT first week Nov this year!

So, we can book this Saturday yet no dates/times for anything have been released? Interested in signature dinners, tequila lunch.

Wait, did you mean events announced on Saturday but boookable the 13th?

So, we can book this Saturday yet no dates/times for anything have been released? Interested in signature dinners, tequila lunch.

Wait, did you mean events announced on Saturday but boookable the 13th?
You can't book until August 13 but this Saturday is the TIW preview event so after Saturday there will be a lot more info available for the events. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Got it! Great news. Thanks.

My TIW card expedited a few mths ago but I wasn't going to buy a new one until August 22. And I have PAP but just a voucher right now. I am a DVC member-will I get the discount?

Thanks for all the helpful info here!

Can anyone tell me where to find reviews of the cheapie seminars (the $14 - $15 ones?) If not, can anyone tell me the typical seminars they have and how long they last? We'd like to go to some specialty events, but don't went to spend the $70+ that most of the events cost.

There are a few reviews on disneyfoodblog from past years events:

2012 Robert Irvine
2011 Xante Mixology Seminar
2011 Cake Boss Buddy Valastro
2011 Ming Tsai
2010 Andrew Zimmern

We've done a few in the past, including Robert Irvine and Andrew Zimmern and enjoyed them. We found them to be a good value (especially when they were only $10 or $12) as you got a wine sample and a food sample and the entertainment of the guest chef. Some obviously are better than others but if there is anyone you are interested in seeing I'd give it a shot.

I am a DVC member-will I get the discount?

if it works the same way as last year - yes, as long as you have your DVC member number to enter. Note that TIW/AP/DVC discounts were only available on weekday seminars. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays were excluded.

Excited to hopefully hear more tomorrow after the preview event! We will be there 11/1-11/11. :drinking:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter