2013 disneymoons

Although technically our 'honeymoon' is Jamaica straight after the wedding in April, we're having a 'DisneyMoon' on August 2nd-16th. The wedding itself is at home in the UK, but has a bit of Disney theming where I could get away with it, including hidden Mickeys in the stationary, and a few Disney touches to the cake. I wanted Dole Whips but it would have cost at least $1000 to import soft-serve mix and hire a machine!

It will be my 3rd time to WDW, having rekindled the Disney bug by marrying into a Mickey-obsessed family! We're staying with the in-laws in a 2 bed villa at OKW.

In terms of special experiences, I'd like to try an organise a private dinner like is described on disboards com/ showthread.php? t=3015826 (sorry I'm new, so can't post link)

Not sure what else. Any ideas?

I am just looking forward to wearing bride ears! :rotfl: I would also like to get a pin but I'm not sure how to do it.

I'm disabled so thinking of renting an ECV - I may even make a 'On DisneyMoon' sign to hang from the back! :rotfl:

Congratulations! I hear you on rekindling your interest in Disney by marrying into a Disney-loving family! I went once in high school for grad night and hated it.. didn't understand the big deal.

I'm no help on the private dinners but you could always just find a more intimate dining experience in the more upscale restaurants.

As for the pin, you can get them at the check-in desk or guest services in the parks. I love your idea of the Disneymoon sign too!

Disneymooning 8/19-8/26. Rented points and staying at Boardwalk with a Boardwalk view.

Dinners: V&A's (surprise) Le Cellier, Teppan Edu, Via Napoli, Spirit of Aloha, BOG and the Palm in Universal (also a surprise we eat there after we got engaged in Philly). We will just wing the rest of our meals. We have the DDP so we'll end up eating more than what we are use to.

Night life: we plan on going to Jellyrolls and that other pub (name escapes me not ESPN) at the Boardwalk, Raglan Road and City Walk after IOA. Also, we want to spend a night just relaxing in EPCOT after an early dinner listening to the ban in The UK. generally, we'll just wing it the other nights.

Looking for a couple additional surprises. Can anyone give me some good info on the wishes cruises and the behind the scenes park tours. Not interested in the horse and carriage ride at POR. We got engaged on a carriage ride around the historic park in Philly. POR cannot match. Also, have no interest in parasailing or daytime boat rides. Really just looking for suggestions for the things I was already thinking about. Any help would be great.

Our disneymoon will be at the Dolphin from April 20-April 28.

We will be wearing our wedding ears the entire time (his idea not mine!)

I think the only thing extra special we have planned (other than a nice dinner at Shula's) is hopefully to get a spot at a Wishes dessert party!

Our disneymoon will be at the Dolphin from April 20-April 28.

We will be wearing our wedding ears the entire time (his idea not mine!)

I think the only thing extra special we have planned (other than a nice dinner at Shula's) is hopefully to get a spot at a Wishes dessert party!

Congrats jkramer. Please let me know how Shula's is. Not sure whether to go there or Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Disneymooning April 22-27th (well, we arrive the 20th but I can't call it a honeymoon when the wedding's not until the 22nd I'd suppose!)

We're having our reception dinner at Citricos (mostly because the California Grille is closed for renovations, boo). We're having lunch at Le Cellier one day, my FAVORITE, and a dinner with the in-laws at Narcoossees mid-week, and we have a reservation Friday night for Be Our Guest. It will be my first time at Be Our Guest so I am excited about that!

We are going in oct 27, spend some days at the parks and after that we are going to DCL Fantasy :) 7 nights on the eastern caribbean!!!

:cool1:

We will be at Disney World for our wedding/honeymoon from Aug 28 to Sep 15, 2013 with a 4 night cruise on the Disney Dream on Sept 8 :) I am so excited! We plan on splitting our stay there at BW and BLT.

I am planning on making some breakfast and dinner reservations (that way we have free time to relax:) we also want to go to universal and discovery cove (not officially planned). I'm also hoping to surprise my future hubby with a few events while we are there (wild Africa trek, couples massage, and parasailing on Castaway Cay)!

I am so excited, I wish it was August already!!!!! :)

Hi, everyone! My fiance and I are honeymooning at the end of June...not my ideal time for a Disney trip but I'm a teacher and have to wait until we finish up the school year. (We're getting married in May)

We are staying for 8 nights, 9 days at POR Riverside. It's our first time staying there Originally I wanted the Polynesian but it's way too $$$ and we're in the middle of buying a house. We've also never been to DW together so we're super excited :cool1:

So far our planned things are: park hoppers for trip to maximize our time there, two days traveling to Universal (I'm a huge HP fan!) and reservations at Be Our Guest, Mama Melrose, Le Cellier, Kona, Narcoossee's and that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

I'm glad someone started a thread for the 2013 Disneymooners. I hope everyone has a wonderful wedding and enjoys their honeymoon! :bride:

We will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas with a Boardwalk view from September 29-October 7 and then hopefully switching over to Bay Lake Tower and staying there from October 7-October 12, for a total of 13 nights.

We know we will be eating at California Grill where we were engaged, getting a couples massage at Senses, drinking champagne in France, and going to spend a day at Discovery Cove.

My fiance and I are DVC members with annual passes, so we kind of come and go from the parks for a few hours at a time, and I think this trip we will spend more time relaxing then we usually do!!!

Our Disneymoon is so soon!! March 5th through 12th, 2013!

We are staying at Beach Club Villas, we love being able to walk to and from Epcot and the Studios!

Congrats jkramer. Please let me know how Shula's is. Not sure whether to go there or Yachtsman Steakhouse.

We chose Shula's because it seemed a bit more adult oriented. Yachtman looks great, but with Cali Grill closed, I was afraid they'd pick up some of that traffic.

Enjoy (I'm sure the steak will be delicious regardless!)

-Julie

Disneymooning April 22-27th (well, we arrive the 20th but I can't call it a honeymoon when the wedding's not until the 22nd I'd suppose!)

We're having our reception dinner at Citricos (mostly because the California Grille is closed for renovations, boo). We're having lunch at Le Cellier one day, my FAVORITE, and a dinner with the in-laws at Narcoossees mid-week, and we have a reservation Friday night for Be Our Guest. It will be my first time at Be Our Guest so I am excited about that!

That's when we'll be there! Enjoy your wedding (and a delicious meal at Citricos!) How fun that your honeymoon can flow right from your wedding!

Does anyone know when the California Grill will be reopening?
I'd love to do a dinner there on my honeymoon!

We will be getting married Oct 26th and off to our Disneymoon Oct 27-Nov 3 and staying at POR Royal room. To far in advance to make ressies but we will have the dining plan. We want to eat at Ohanas for dinner, Cape May Cafe seafood buffet, TRex, Tutto Italia, whispering Canyon, Be your Guest, and breakfast buffet at Chef Mickeys :)

Does anyone know when the California Grill will be reopening?
I'd love to do a dinner there on my honeymoon!

I saw August 2013. So hopefully they don't run behind on anything. I'm sad we'll miss it during our honeymoon so have a good time for us!

We just booked our Disneymoon! We were actually just thinking of driving to Disneyland for a day or two (we live in Arizona). But earlier this week, a co-worker told me that she had a time-share that was going to expire in June, and if I could use it for my honeymoon, I'd be welcome to it. After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I started looking at the timeshare company's website, and Orlando had a lot of options.

So, we started looking around at plane tickets, and found a way to make it work. We are heading to Orlando April 20 for a week! (so we'll be there when a few other people here are honeymooning there too!).

Now we just need to figure out what all we want to do there!

(background note, we got engaged on a Disney cruise last year!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter