2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

Definitely a nice habit to have...:thumbsup2 Congratulations again on the engagement!

All - Even though it's almost a full year away, I've been thinking about the time in LA. We will be arriving a day early. I'm trying to think of things to do. Any suggestions that I can start researching? I've been thinking about the Farmer's Market, WB Tour, Universal...

We are going to likely come in on Saturday as well since we are coming from the East Coast and won't have a direct flight. I was thinking of doing the WB or Paramount Studios Tour on Sunday. I did the Paramount one many years ago (mid nineties), it was really good. The WB one might be more interesting thanks to all the Harry Potter stuff you get to see.

The bad thing about doing studio tours on Sunday is you have almost zero chance of seeing anything actually going on, the good thing is they can take you to see more working sets. I found these sites looking at a possible stop on our layover for our trip later this month, but I don't know if we will do it with our DD or not or try to go down to Legoland instead. At least I saved you a 30 second google search:

http://vipstudiotour.warnerbros.com/

http://www.paramountstudiotour.com/

Chropistopy said:
Definitely a nice habit to have...:thumbsup2 Congratulations again on the engagement!

All - Even though it's almost a full year away, I've been thinking about the time in LA. We will be arriving a day early. I'm trying to think of things to do. Any suggestions that I can start researching? I've been thinking about the Farmer's Market, WB Tour, Universal...

I'm a big fan of the Farmer's Market, a great place to spend a morning or afternoon (and relatively close to the hotel). One of my favorite places in the world is the Griffith Observatory in Griffith Park, beautiful views of the city and of the mountains surrounding you. I'm trying to plan how I am going to get both places in before the trip starts.

I'm planning on getting to Hollywood the day before the tour...most likely will be getting to CA a couple of days earlier, either staying in Santa Monica or going up to SF to see the Disney Family Museum.

Jason

Welcome Adam & Kat.
Pete, Congrats on the promotion!

We will likely fly in on Saturday too & rent a car from the on-site car rental place to explore some on our own on Sunday before the adventure officially starts. I want to tour Graumann's as we missed being able to do that last time & see a movie at the El Capitan. We will probably do some Walt themed exploring again like we did the last time we did this trip & that was great fun. We went up to the Griffith Observatory but were there too early to go in so I would really like to do that. Would also like to see the beach..........going to be so much to do with so little time.

Welcome Adam & Kat.
Pete, Congrats on the promotion!

We will likely fly in on Saturday too & rent a car from the on-site car rental place to explore some on our own on Sunday before the adventure officially starts. I want to tour Graumann's as we missed being able to do that last time & see a movie at the El Capitan. We will probably do some Walt themed exploring again like we did the last time we did this trip & that was great fun. We went up to the Griffith Observatory but were there too early to go in so I would really like to do that. Would also like to see the beach..........going to be so much to do with so little time.

There's an on-site car rental place? I was wondering how we would manage getting from place to place....but problem solved. Thanks for everyone's suggestions of things to do. I'm going to be researching. I think the Farmer's Market and Griffith Park may be at the top of the list for me.

JWren1234 said:
I'm a big fan of the Farmer's Market, a great place to spend a morning or afternoon (and relatively close to the hotel). One of my favorite places in the world is the Griffith Observatory in Griffith Park, beautiful views of the city and of the mountains surrounding you. I'm trying to plan how I am going to get both places in before the trip starts.

I'm planning on getting to Hollywood the day before the tour...most likely will be getting to CA a couple of days earlier, either staying in Santa Monica or going up to SF to see the Disney Family Museum.

Jason

Both are definitely worth checking out. We didn't get to spend much time at the farmers market last time we visited CA. We were behind schedule for something else and kind of rushed through it.
Personally I would recommend getting to the observatory just before sunset and checking out the view over LA as it happens. Looks incredible.

We're thinking of doing exactly the same Jason! Not quite sure how yet but want to spend a few days roaming San Francisco and check out the Disney Family Museum before our adventure begins!

Adam

My paperwork from Adventures by Disney arrived today. It's always exciting to get "Mickey mail." :goodvibes I have a feeling it's going to take awhile to read through everything. They certainly send out a lot of information.

ymxbfalcon said:
My paperwork from Adventures by Disney arrived today. It's always exciting to get "Mickey mail." :goodvibes I have a feeling it's going to take awhile to read through everything. They certainly send out a lot of information.

I need to get mine filled out. My mom has been visiting the past 2 weeks and I've been so exhausted. I was extremely excited tho when we got it!

We got ours too...though dissappointed that it was mostly...

"If you fall down the stairs or get caught in the rain,
We won't reimburse you for your suffering and pain."

(Can you tell I just kinda wish they wrote those legalese things all in verse. At least they would be entertaining to read.)

There's no real hurry to get these things back, is there?

(Can you tell I just kinda wish they wrote those legalese things all in verse. At least they would be entertaining to read.)

We need to get you on staff at the ABD legal department, Pete. Your version is much more enjoyable - and easier to follow - than the many forms which are now sitting around on my desk. ;)

ABD requests that you send them back as soon as possible. They are aware that no one has purchased airfare yet, so that can be left blank.

They very best reason to send them back now is because months from now, when ABD contacts me and says "Pete hasn't sent back his forms", I have to contact you and ask "Pete, ABD needs you to sign your forms now" and then you ask me "what forms?" and I'll say "the forms you received last July when you booked" and you'll say "I don't know where those forms are anymore" and I'll say "I'll ask ABD to send you new forms. Please do not hesitate to fax them back immediately".

Look at all the punctation in the last paragraph. Isn't it easier to just take two minutes and fill the forms out and stick them in the provided self-addressed envelopes now?

Now go fill out your forms.;)

Welcome Toni! I know Disney has a reputation for doing a great job of being wheelchair accessable, and the guides bend over backwards to make sure everyone has a great experience. I look forward to getting to know you and Chris as well!

Pete

P.S. Hope your planning on coming in a few days early to get used to the time change. I would think that would be the roughest part of doing an ABD trip coming from so far!

Hey Pete

sorry got busy at work - thanks for the lovely welcome.:) We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

yes we are planning to come a day early probably but will stay another week or so after at this stage instead. Just trying to decide where to stay - will have to be offsite after the GCH, but still within walking distance. So planning has begun in earnest - very exciting.

Welcome to Toni and Christine!

:welcome:

It's amazing how many "dream trips" you can have when it comes to Disney, isn't it? I personally took my "once in a lifetime" trip to DisneyWorld in December of 2008; I was just excited to be staying on property for the first time. I've been back there five times since then and even managed to sneak in a Disney cruise. I've reached the conclusion that Disney is addictive.

I look forward to getting to know you and your sister! :goodvibes

Angie

Thanks Angie - Disney is definitely addictive, but a good addiction:goodvibes

I do hope one day to get back to Disney World but its a long way and quite expensive from way over this side. But dreams are free eh. We look forward to meeting you too.

Welcome!! :goodvibes

Welcome to Toni and Christine!

:welcome:

It's amazing how many "dream trips" you can have when it comes to Disney, isn't it? I personally took my "once in a lifetime" trip to DisneyWorld in December of 2008; I was just excited to be staying on property for the first time. I've been back there five times since then and even managed to sneak in a Disney cruise. I've reached the conclusion that Disney is addictive.

I look forward to getting to know you and your sister! :goodvibes

Angie

Wow, I blinked and about 4 more people joined the group.

Welcome everyone! :banana:

Thank you all for your lovely welcomes - sorry its taken so long to acknowledge but work has got a bit hectic at the moment.

Cant wait to get to know you all and then meet up. Planning has started and its all so exciting already. :cool1:

I haven't given next year much thought, but the Farmers Market sounds fun. I hadn't been there, or anywhere else much outside of the tour last time. I'd love to go to San Francisco for the Walt Disney Family Museum, but I'd have to dedicate a solid trip to see everything in that area, so that's a future "someday" for me.

Last time I flew in same day as the tour, but I have no idea what I'll be doing a year from now.

PumpkinPilot said:
Both are definitely worth checking out. We didn't get to spend much time at the farmers market last time we visited CA. We were behind schedule for something else and kind of rushed through it.
Personally I would recommend getting to the observatory just before sunset and checking out the view over LA as it happens. Looks incredible.

We're thinking of doing exactly the same Jason! Not quite sure how yet but want to spend a few days roaming San Francisco and check out the Disney Family Museum before our adventure begins!

Adam

I love the idea of the observatory at sunset, what a beautiful setting!

Jason

ABD requests that you send them back as soon as possible. They are aware that no one has purchased airfare yet, so that can be left blank.

They very best reason to send them back now is because months from now, when ABD contacts me and says "Pete hasn't sent back his forms", I have to contact you and ask "Pete, ABD needs you to sign your forms now" and then you ask me "what forms?" and I'll say "the forms you received last July when you booked" and you'll say "I don't know where those forms are anymore" and I'll say "I'll ask ABD to send you new forms. Please do not hesitate to fax them back immediately".

Look at all the punctation in the last paragraph. Isn't it easier to just take two minutes and fill the forms out and stick them in the provided self-addressed envelopes now?

Now go fill out your forms.;)

Kevin - I get the feeling that you've had problems with these forms being submitted more than once! Suffice it to say I will not be one of those problem people. We'll mail them in the next few days.

Pete

Edited July 12th: Forms went out this morning - just no flight info obviously.

Hey everyone

Very excited down here in Kiwiland.

We have booked our flights to your lovely country. We are coming in the day before (8th June) and are adding an extra 10 days to the other end of the trip so we can take a more leisurely pace round the parks and do lots of shopping places (we love shopping). :cool1:

Due to budget, we will be staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn for those 10 days. Has anyone stayed there at all? If so how was it?? I have heard mostly good things about it and its just a place to sleep so not too worried and its apparently right across the road - so a 5 to 10 min walk they say.

So now just wishing time would go a bit faster!! Not that I want to be older or anything but just cant wait to begin.

Hope all are well.

disneykiwi said:
Hey everyone

We have booked our flights to your lovely country. We are coming in the day before (8th June) and are adding an extra 10 days to the other end of the trip so we can take a more leisurely pace round the parks and do lots of shopping places (we love shopping). :cool1:

Due to budget, we will be staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn for those 10 days. Has anyone stayed there at all? If so how was it?? I have heard mostly good things about it and its just a place to sleep so not too worried and its apparently right across the road - so a 5 to 10 min walk they say.

So now just wishing time would go a bit faster!! Not that I want to be older or anything but just cant wait to begin.

Hope all are well.

Believe it or not...I am standing in front of the Park Place as i type. We are @ the Tropicana next door. Looks nice from outside but cant vouch for quality. However it is extremely close to DL. 5 minutes would be only if you catch the light wrong. Loom up my photobucket account under "skier_pete" i took a picture.Hotel on the left ....tower of terror on the right.

Hey everyone

How exciting that you've already booked your flights! You inspired me to start looking at airline schedules and prices. I don't think I'll be booking anything for awhile because I'd like to see what's available through Southwest as they're often less expensive, and I'm pretty sure that it'll be a few months before their June 2013 schedule comes out. Still, it's fun to plan. :)

Believe it or not...I am standing in front of the Park Place as i type. We are @ the Tropicana next door. Looks nice from outside but cant vouch for quality. However it is extremely close to DL. 5 minutes would be only if you catch the light wrong. Loom up my photobucket account under "skier_pete" i took a picture.Hotel on the left ....tower of terror on the right.

Thanks Pete

Wow - how cool. How long are you there for? thanks so much for the photo opportunity. I see what you mean - it is very close - excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter