2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I have no idea how many of the current bartenders know how to make them. Best bet is to bring your own copy of the recipe and see if you get a sympathetic drink mixer.

The recipe, and several pictures are in the Community Post on Page 2.

I don't know if this drink ever came in a special cup or not.

Community Page

See the next post- sounds like magicalmoments4 may be back in the recipe card manufacturing business.

What a nice offer. Bet you will have some takers.

:goodvibes

Yes, I think some of the BC CL GV rooms are pretty close (but not too close) to the elevators that take you to the lobby. I think the room we had in 2009 is now a GV- we loved the view of the back entrance courtyard and we were close to elevators and the club lounge. You should defintely add the request to your reservation. And as you probably know, you can request a daybed when you check in.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Vaninou

Vaninou Mouseketeer

Finally in Orlando!!!!

After 2 long flight from Switzerland with a 23 months old baby... He's a champion :-)
    A litlle bit of jet lag but ready to start our holiday!!! And on the 17th we'll be at BCV :-)

:-) :-) :-)

4. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:welcome: to Florida!!!

Thanks for checking in with us- have a fantastic time!

5. kenly777

kenly777 Mouseketeer

I would love one! Thanks so much. Let me know what to do on my end, please :)

6. suemom2kay

suemom2kay DIS Veteran

Glad you made it!!! And good for baby boy to be such a trooper on the long flight!!!

See you at the "Beach!"

7. 1971DBday

1971DBday Keep moving forward!

Thanks Dee for all of your hard work!

What a good baby! I was stressed about a 2 1/2 hour flight when my kids were that little....I don't know how you did it. Now go and enjoy your holiday!

8. flafan

flafan Mouseketeer

I would love to join you all I have been on the DIS boards for years and never met another Diser. We will still be in Orlando just not sure of the plan for that day. Would love to get the details and perhaps I could join everyone. I would love that. :goodvibes

9. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Today is the big day!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: Have a great time!!

Can't wait to see the pics. So happy you got some pixie dust pixiedust:

Isn't that a GREAT feeling!!!

What a relief to finally be on holiday! Have a super fantastic time!!

10. Simba's Girl

Simba's Girl DIS Veteran

Woah...there's a lot of us going in August!!!!:cool1:

11. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

Welcome Home.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. magicalmoments4

magicalmoments4 Mouseketeer

Yeah!!! Thanks so much for those photos!! I saved it to my photo library and now it is my screen saver!!

13. PamelaKay

PamelaKay DIS Veteran

So I decided to splurge and plan a 4th trip to WDW this year. My best friend and I are going for my birthday. We will be staying Lagoon/Pool View Club Level at the Beach club June 28-July 1.

Other than a full balcony, can anyone suggest a room request?

Thanks,
    Pam

14. magicalmoments4

:scared: So sad, but excited, but I have to do the resort switch :( After much deliberation and if I'm being honest, I have to do the deed :( Dee you will need to take me off the BOG as we are switching to POR. I am bummed, but I will stay on here and have no fear, I will still make the Sunken Treasure cards and BC will always be my home as that was our first home back in 2007 for our first trip ever to the World!! When my DH finishes his MBA and gets that raise, guess who will be going CL at BC!? I'm trying to stay up beat about it, but if Dee can do it, I can too!! It was Dee right that is or was just at POR?

15. pamkat1820

pamkat1820 Mouseketeer

I take a few days off and there is a whole new thread!!!

Moving right along:drive:

16. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

I think it's NinjaMom! And please look on the bright side.....You'll be at Disney!

I remember so MANY years ago when DH and I were first married, and had a very young baby, we stayed at an offsite hotel called "The Magic Castle". Let me tell you, it WASN'T a castle, and there was NO magic there! :rotfl2: But we were so excited just to be there.

POR is a beautiful resort.

17. Couchy

Couchy DIS Veteran

Dee- Once again thanks for all your hard work. I do not know what I would do without my daily BC/YC fix :) Best thread on the DIS:thumbsup2

I just noticed that the DIS meet is being planned for 7/6. I hope this is true because then I can join in the fun :cool1:

18. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Totally understand!!!

I'll keep you on the listing but change it to POR, with BC in her heart.

As ocalla points out, it was Ninja Mom who recently had a stay at POR (but visited BC to get her fix).

I stayed at All Star Movies last June, with 145 teenagers, no less- and survived to tell the tale.

Being at Disney is the ice cream sundae. Staying at the Beach Club is the extra cherry on top. Hmmm. Sundaes... Beaches & Cream... A great excuse to stop by the resort if you get a chance.

Yes, please keep hanging out with us! And come back and stay when you can.

Maybe you can manage to get a Sunken Treasure at one of the POR bars- if you are able to come up with a recipe card or something like that. ;)

19. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

First of all try not to feel bad.... You WILL get there! It's just a matter of time and everything will still be there! You can definitely stop by and check out the resort for a meal or even just a stroll. Remember that there are lots of places to hang out and soak in the ambiance as you enjoy a drink, a burger or a cone. Think of it as a scouting mission for the time that you will be able to stay there!!

I agree about the being at Disney part! I was at POFQ in February and we are staying at POR in June for Star Wars Weekends. This is a great resort and the Disney magic is there too so no worries. Your trip has taken a turn for the different but that is still a good thing. Embrace it and dive in! You haven't given up on staying at the BC/YC, you've just put it off for another time...that's all!

When ever we have to stay at a different place we make it a point to stop by and say hello to the BC/YC... and now we even say hello to the sofas at the BCV lounge room ;) It's how we get our fix until our next stay!

:hug:

~NM

20. Cotillard

Cotillard Mouseketeer

Thank you natebenma for the new thread and for all the hard work that must go into it :flower3:

We are at 40 days! :cheer2:

21. magicalmoments4

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc
    You guys know how to make a girl feel loved!! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and love!! I know it will be great and absolutely love this group of people, this thread because everyone is so supportive and kind :grouphug: I could go on and on and then the tears will flow :sad: but as it was pointed out, we will be at Disney!! My DH is flying back from Atlanta today and said Management will be sitting down to discuss all things (the big people of management, little people are not included in the discussion) Disney :rolleyes: I will have to make it a point to get to BC and definitely while TeenaS is working so I can say and HI and give her a big Hug!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.