• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 more questions: odd of a bartender at HH knowing the Sunken Treasure recipe
Pic of souvenir glass for said drink?

I have no idea how many of the current bartenders know how to make them. Best bet is to bring your own copy of the recipe and see if you get a sympathetic drink mixer.

The recipe, and several pictures are in the Community Post on Page 2.

I don't know if this drink ever came in a special cup or not.

Community Page

See the next post- sounds like magicalmoments4 may be back in the recipe card manufacturing business.

Tulip Time is almost done here and things can get back to normal! Had to play catch up before making the moooove :) If there are interested people, I can make some more Sunken Treasure recipe cards. Thank you so much for taking such good care of us natebenma!!

What a nice offer. Bet you will have some takers.

:goodvibes

So glad you got the new thread up Dee! Things look great! I went to bed last night with some angst, as the old thread was so close to closing. Then, first chance today I log on, and TADA! NEW THREAD! Woo hoo!

Question regarding room/view request...IPO said all the GV rooms have a full balcony (our first request), but no daybed (our second request). We'd like to be close to the lounge and elevators/and or lobby. Would this be a feasible request? Is this even possible?

Also, I've searched and searched, and can't find info on the view from club lounge. Is there a balcony off the lounge with tables, and if so, what's the view?

Yes, I think some of the BC CL GV rooms are pretty close (but not too close) to the elevators that take you to the lobby. I think the room we had in 2009 is now a GV- we loved the view of the back entrance courtyard and we were close to elevators and the club lounge. You should defintely add the request to your reservation. And as you probably know, you can request a daybed when you check in.

Finally in Orlando!!!!

After 2 long flight from Switzerland with a 23 months old baby... He's a champion :-)
A litlle bit of jet lag but ready to start our holiday!!! And on the 17th we'll be at BCV :-)

:-) :-) :-)

Finally in Orlando!!!!

After 2 long flight from Switzerland with a 23 months old baby... He's a champion :-)
A litlle bit of jet lag but ready to start our holiday!!! And on the 17th we'll be at BCV :-)

:welcome: to Florida!!!

Thanks for checking in with us- have a fantastic time!

Tulip Time is almost done here and things can get back to normal! Had to play catch up before making the moooove :) If there are interested people, I can make some more Sunken Treasure recipe cards. Thank you so much for taking such good care of us natebenma!!

I would love one! Thanks so much. Let me know what to do on my end, please :)

Finally in Orlando!!!!

Glad you made it!!! And good for baby boy to be such a trooper on the long flight!!!

See you at the "Beach!"

Thanks Dee for all of your hard work!

Finally in Orlando!!!!

What a good baby! I was stressed about a 2 1/2 hour flight when my kids were that little....I don't know how you did it. Now go and enjoy your holiday!

We'll be there at the same time! We are at BC from 6/29-7/7, with 6/27 and 6/28 at Coronado Springs. I'm planning this trip without my girls or husband knowing which resorts we're staying at, so I'm very excited to be surprising them! We're staying Club Level at BC (Can't wait!), and Business Class at Coronado, so lots of pampering for us!

Robyn is planning a DIS meet on 7/6. You'll miss us by one day. What a great reason to extend your visit a day ;).

I would love to join you all I have been on the DIS boards for years and never met another Diser. We will still be in Orlando just not sure of the plan for that day. Would love to get the details and perhaps I could join everyone. I would love that. :goodvibes

Hello? Did I make it?? Lol, whew! I wanted to make the move BEFORE we left in the morning! Heading to Disney tomorrow, YAYAYAYY! :beach:

Today is the big day!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: Have a great time!!

Just back from a 5 night 6 day trip to BCGV...This trip was just me and my sister, so it was verrrrry laid back and lazy. Free upgrade:) to a Lagoon view (full balcony)...We were in the courtyard behind the sand volleyball...2nd floor with a perfect view of the pier, lighthouse and the Dolphin in the distance. I left my cell phone (and pictures) in my sons car, so will post later. I had the lobster roll from the Boardwalk bakery and it was VERY delicious...one of those things we dream of long after the experience...pic to follow...(I was very impressed with this!) We also did the Tea at the Grand Floridian, which was really impressive (and a precious memory)...Via Napoli was another standout experience...we had the eggplant parmesan and a pepperoni pizza and we'll still be talking about it in August!!!...It was that good! As expected, the Beach Club exceeded all of our expectations....Perfect room, perfect view, Great food experiences....Ahhhhhh.......Missing it already!

Can't wait to see the pics. So happy you got some pixie dust pixiedust:

Significant milestones:
A baby's first step
First day of kindergarten
Wedding day
Dropping to double digits on my countdown ticker!!!:cool1:

Isn't that a GREAT feeling!!!

Finally in Orlando!!!!

What a relief to finally be on holiday! Have a super fantastic time!!

So I decided to splurge and plan a 4th trip to WDW this year. My best friend and I are going for my birthday. We will be staying Lagoon/Pool View Club Level at the Beach club June 28-July 1.

Other than a full balcony, can anyone suggest a room request?

Thanks,
Pam

:scared: So sad, but excited, but I have to do the resort switch :( After much deliberation and if I'm being honest, I have to do the deed :( Dee you will need to take me off the BOG as we are switching to POR. I am bummed, but I will stay on here and have no fear, I will still make the Sunken Treasure cards and BC will always be my home as that was our first home back in 2007 for our first trip ever to the World!! When my DH finishes his MBA and gets that raise, guess who will be going CL at BC!? I'm trying to stay up beat about it, but if Dee can do it, I can too!! It was Dee right that is or was just at POR?

:scared: So sad, but excited, but I have to do the resort switch :( After much deliberation and if I'm being honest, I have to do the deed :( Dee you will need to take me off the BOG as we are switching to POR. I am bummed, but I will stay on here and have no fear, I will still make the Sunken Treasure cards and BC will always be my home as that was our first home back in 2007 for our first trip ever to the World!! When my DH finishes his MBA and gets that raise, guess who will be going CL at BC!? I'm trying to stay up beat about it, but if Dee can do it, I can too!! It was Dee right that is or was just at POR?

I think it's NinjaMom! And please look on the bright side.....You'll be at Disney!

I remember so MANY years ago when DH and I were first married, and had a very young baby, we stayed at an offsite hotel called "The Magic Castle". Let me tell you, it WASN'T a castle, and there was NO magic there! :rotfl2: But we were so excited just to be there.

POR is a beautiful resort.

Dee- Once again thanks for all your hard work. I do not know what I would do without my daily BC/YC fix :) Best thread on the DIS:thumbsup2

I just noticed that the DIS meet is being planned for 7/6. I hope this is true because then I can join in the fun :cool1:

Totally understand!!!

I'll keep you on the listing but change it to POR, with BC in her heart.

As ocalla points out, it was Ninja Mom who recently had a stay at POR (but visited BC to get her fix).

I stayed at All Star Movies last June, with 145 teenagers, no less- and survived to tell the tale.

Being at Disney is the ice cream sundae. Staying at the Beach Club is the extra cherry on top. Hmmm. Sundaes... Beaches & Cream... A great excuse to stop by the resort if you get a chance.

Yes, please keep hanging out with us! And come back and stay when you can.

Maybe you can manage to get a Sunken Treasure at one of the POR bars- if you are able to come up with a recipe card or something like that. ;)

First of all try not to feel bad.... You WILL get there! It's just a matter of time and everything will still be there! You can definitely stop by and check out the resort for a meal or even just a stroll. Remember that there are lots of places to hang out and soak in the ambiance as you enjoy a drink, a burger or a cone. Think of it as a scouting mission for the time that you will be able to stay there!!

I think it's NinjaMom! And please look on the bright side.....You'll be at Disney!

I agree about the being at Disney part! I was at POFQ in February and we are staying at POR in June for Star Wars Weekends. This is a great resort and the Disney magic is there too so no worries. Your trip has taken a turn for the different but that is still a good thing. Embrace it and dive in! You haven't given up on staying at the BC/YC, you've just put it off for another time...that's all!

When ever we have to stay at a different place we make it a point to stop by and say hello to the BC/YC... and now we even say hello to the sofas at the BCV lounge room ;) It's how we get our fix until our next stay!

:hug:

~NM

Thank you natebenma for the new thread and for all the hard work that must go into it :flower3:

We are at 40 days! :cheer2:

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc
You guys know how to make a girl feel loved!! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and love!! I know it will be great and absolutely love this group of people, this thread because everyone is so supportive and kind :grouphug: I could go on and on and then the tears will flow :sad: but as it was pointed out, we will be at Disney!! My DH is flying back from Atlanta today and said Management will be sitting down to discuss all things (the big people of management, little people are not included in the discussion) Disney :rolleyes: I will have to make it a point to get to BC and definitely while TeenaS is working so I can say and HI and give her a big Hug!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter