2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JulieODC

JulieODC DIS Veteran

Thanks for maintaining such a fun and informative thread!!

I loved seeing the MV menu - I'm now eyeing the tacos for one of our non-ADR meals!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. barneyda

barneyda Earning My Ears

Just back from a 5 night 6 day trip to BCGV...This trip was just me and my sister, so it was verrrrry laid back and lazy. Free upgrade:) to a Lagoon view (full balcony)...We were in the courtyard behind the sand volleyball...2nd floor with a perfect view of the pier, lighthouse and the Dolphin in the distance. I left my cell phone (and pictures) in my sons car, so will post later. I had the lobster roll from the Boardwalk bakery and it was VERY delicious...one of those things we dream of long after the experience...pic to follow...(I was very impressed with this!) We also did the Tea at the Grand Floridian, which was really impressive (and a precious memory)...Via Napoli was another standout experience...we had the eggplant parmesan and a pepperoni pizza and we'll still be talking about it in August!!!...It was that good! As expected, the Beach Club exceeded all of our expectations....Perfect room, perfect view, Great food experiences....Ahhhhhh.......Missing it already!

4. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

Awesome as usual!! Great job!

~Nannette

5. Babooagain

Babooagain Earning My Ears

Nice place you've got here for all of us Dee! Thanks so much!

I'm so excited about this trip. It's our first time since 2007, it's the first time we've been with our DDIL (they went for their honeymoon last year), we have a first timer coming with us (he's in his 20's), it's our first time staying in a Disney hotel and therefore our first time in a deluxe, and we'll be celebrating our 34 anniversary while we're there! Wow! Lot's to celebrate:banana::banana

This thread (well the last one anyway ;) ) has been so helpful and I'd like to thank all of you for your always ready and usually fun answers to everyone's questions.

6. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

I love this thread! I read all the intro pages at least once a week, it always gets me excited about my upcoming trip.

Thanks for starting our new thread, Dee! You do an amazing job. :worship:

7. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I appreciate all the nice comments, everyone! I have a few updates to make to the Be Our Guest list from the previous thread and this one, I'll wait until morning.

Just returned from the middle school band concert- one of the selections tonight was "Just Can't Wait To Be King"

Thanks!!!

:welcome:

Have you stayed at the BC/YC resort or do you have an upcoming stay?

This made me smile!

:goodvibes

Let us know if you book!

:)

Sorry, no award for placing first-ish.

:rolleyes1

Yes, as far as I know the alarm clocks are still these:

[​IMG]

I would love to add you to the Be Our Guest list! Let me know if your trip materializes!

:yay:

:welcome: to the DIS and to this thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

You will love how incredibly close the Beach Club is to EPCOT!

Thanks for posting your dates- I have you on the list for July, but I will add the exact days when I update.

We have taken 3 trips to Orlando in July, 1 in June and 1 in August. We are going again this July, so it must not be too bad!

:cool2:

Missed it by "that" much.

Actually, since my posts take up the first page and a half, nobody makes Page 1 but me.

:lmao:

Thanks so much for your review!!! So glad to hear you loved the Beach Club and thanks for the vote of confidence for the seafood roll. This New Englander is not discouraged and is going to check it out when I get there.

:goodvibes

8. Lalabubbles

Lalabubbles Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great thread Dee!!!

9. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

:worship: You posted so fast I didn't even see the post until I just read it in the re-quote... I had to go back and find it! :worship:

Good Job :banana::banana::banana:

~N

10. suemom2kay

suemom2kay DIS Veteran

Right behind you! Have a fabulous magical trip!!!

11. Lulu'sMom

Lulu'sMom You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

As always, GREAT job, Dee! :thumbsup2
    Many thanks for everything you do to keep this thread updated and constantly going! Largest and fastest running thread on the DIS! :cool1:
    You do an awesome job!

12. HubbDave

HubbDave Remember, no matter where you go, there you are

2 more questions: odd of a bartender at HH knowing the Sunken Treasure recipe
    Pic of souvenir glass for said drink?

13. magicalmoments4

magicalmoments4 Mouseketeer

Tulip Time is almost done here and things can get back to normal! Had to play catch up before making the moooove :) If there are interested people, I can make some more Sunken Treasure recipe cards. Thank you so much for taking such good care of us natebenma!!

14. Lulu'sMom

Lulu'sMom You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Sent you a PM! :flower3:

15. dfarner

dfarner I married my Prince Charming.

We'll be there at the same time! We are at BC from 6/29-7/7, with 6/27 and 6/28 at Coronado Springs. I'm planning this trip without my girls or husband knowing which resorts we're staying at, so I'm very excited to be surprising them! We're staying Club Level at BC (Can't wait!), and Business Class at Coronado, so lots of pampering for us!

Robyn is planning a DIS meet on 7/6. You'll miss us by one day. What a great reason to extend your visit a day ;).

16. dfarner

dfarner I married my Prince Charming.

So glad you got the new thread up Dee! Things look great! I went to bed last night with some angst, as the old thread was so close to closing. Then, first chance today I log on, and TADA! NEW THREAD! Woo hoo!

Question regarding room/view request...IPO said all the GV rooms have a full balcony (our first request), but no daybed (our second request). We'd like to be close to the lounge and elevators/and or lobby. Would this be a feasible request? Is this even possible?

Also, I've searched and searched, and can't find info on the view from club lounge. Is there a balcony off the lounge with tables, and if so, what's the view?

17. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Yay a new thread! :thumbsup2

18. Kimmy2Disney

Kimmy2Disney Can't wait to be back in the world!!

I'd love one! LMK if you decide to make more :-)

19. BringingUpDisney

BringingUpDisney DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the new thread - I appreciate all you do to keep it going! I know I will spend many hours here whilst I watch the countdown to December and our first BC stay!

20. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Have a great trip!

Sounds like a wonderful trip, and some nice Pixie Dust!

Dee :worship: thanks!

21. TIME4DIZ

TIME4DIZ Mouseketeer

Significant milestones:
    A baby's first step
    First day of kindergarten
    Wedding day
    Dropping to double digits on my countdown ticker!!!:cool1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.