2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for maintaining such a fun and informative thread!!

I loved seeing the MV menu - I'm now eyeing the tacos for one of our non-ADR meals!

Just back from a 5 night 6 day trip to BCGV...This trip was just me and my sister, so it was verrrrry laid back and lazy. Free upgrade:) to a Lagoon view (full balcony)...We were in the courtyard behind the sand volleyball...2nd floor with a perfect view of the pier, lighthouse and the Dolphin in the distance. I left my cell phone (and pictures) in my sons car, so will post later. I had the lobster roll from the Boardwalk bakery and it was VERY delicious...one of those things we dream of long after the experience...pic to follow...(I was very impressed with this!) We also did the Tea at the Grand Floridian, which was really impressive (and a precious memory)...Via Napoli was another standout experience...we had the eggplant parmesan and a pepperoni pizza and we'll still be talking about it in August!!!...It was that good! As expected, the Beach Club exceeded all of our expectations....Perfect room, perfect view, Great food experiences....Ahhhhhh.......Missing it already!

Nice place you've got here for all of us Dee! Thanks so much!

I'm so excited about this trip. It's our first time since 2007, it's the first time we've been with our DDIL (they went for their honeymoon last year), we have a first timer coming with us (he's in his 20's), it's our first time staying in a Disney hotel and therefore our first time in a deluxe, and we'll be celebrating our 34 anniversary while we're there! Wow! Lot's to celebrate:banana::banana

This thread (well the last one anyway ;) ) has been so helpful and I'd like to thank all of you for your always ready and usually fun answers to everyone's questions.

I love this thread! I read all the intro pages at least once a week, it always gets me excited about my upcoming trip.

Thanks for starting our new thread, Dee! You do an amazing job. :worship:

I appreciate all the nice comments, everyone! I have a few updates to make to the Be Our Guest list from the previous thread and this one, I'll wait until morning.

Just returned from the middle school band concert- one of the selections tonight was "Just Can't Wait To Be King"

Very nice thread.

Thanks!!!

:welcome:

Have you stayed at the BC/YC resort or do you have an upcoming stay?

First legal post! Pbbbtttt!!!

~NM
PS. Firsty, firsty firsty!!!! LOL!!!
PPS. I've been waiting all freaking day to post on the new list, how's that for being lame!
3PS. I can't believe I beat Nannette!!!

This made me smile!

:goodvibes

Dee,

Thanks for building us a new home! You always do such great work, and we all appreciate it!!

Ed

P.S. Hoping to get back to the YC for a few days after we drop off DS at college in Melbourne in August. First vacation without him in many, many years!!

Let us know if you book!

:)

NM: been sitting around quiet ALL day just waiting to pounce in the new thread!!!!

Dee: is there some sort of certificate that she wins;).

Sorry, no award for placing first-ish.

:rolleyes1

Whooo-hooooo! Making it through May, Jumping through June, Jonesing through July, then Arriving in August.

I love reading the first 2 pages again. So many great pieces of info, photos, and humor.

One thing I could not find...are the alarm clocks.in the rooms still iHome ones with an iPhone dock?

Yes, as far as I know the alarm clocks are still these:

Dee- thank you and everyone for all the great information you provide! :flower3:

My DH and DS made our first visit to the VBC Jan 2013 and we are hooked! We'll (hopefully) be there again in Jan 2014.

I would love to add you to the Be Our Guest list! Let me know if your trip materializes!

:yay:

Thank you for this amazing thread. I am a long time lurker and recent joiner. My family and I are staying at the BC June 13-23. We have stayed at the Poly in the past and felt it was the right time for a new experience. This thread really helped us decide, thanks again.

:welcome: to the DIS and to this thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

You will love how incredibly close the Beach Club is to EPCOT!

This thread is great. Thank you for all the information it's has beenso much fun reading and retreading everything here. We will be at The Beach Club 7/1-7/5 and staying in a Deluxe room , club level. :cool1:
I will post lots of pics of the room and view. I am soooo excited.
Very nervous about the heat in July but that's why we pick Beach Club for SAB.

Thanks again everyone for sharing. :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting your dates- I have you on the list for July, but I will add the exact days when I update.

We have taken 3 trips to Orlando in July, 1 in June and 1 in August. We are going again this July, so it must not be too bad!

:cool2:

Did I make the first page?

Missed it by "that" much.

Actually, since my posts take up the first page and a half, nobody makes Page 1 but me.

:lmao:

Just back from a 5 night 6 day trip to BCGV...This trip was just me and my sister, so it was verrrrry laid back and lazy. Free upgrade:) to a Lagoon view (full balcony)...We were in the courtyard behind the sand volleyball...2nd floor with a perfect view of the pier, lighthouse and the Dolphin in the distance. I left my cell phone (and pictures) in my sons car, so will post later. I had the lobster roll from the Boardwalk bakery and it was VERY delicious...one of those things we dream of long after the experience...pic to follow...(I was very impressed with this!) We also did the Tea at the Grand Floridian, which was really impressive (and a precious memory)...Via Napoli was another standout experience...we had the eggplant parmesan and a pepperoni pizza and we'll still be talking about it in August!!!...It was that good! As expected, the Beach Club exceeded all of our expectations....Perfect room, perfect view, Great food experiences....Ahhhhhh.......Missing it already!

Thanks so much for your review!!! So glad to hear you loved the Beach Club and thanks for the vote of confidence for the seafood roll. This New Englander is not discouraged and is going to check it out when I get there.

:goodvibes

As always, GREAT job, Dee! :thumbsup2
Many thanks for everything you do to keep this thread updated and constantly going! Largest and fastest running thread on the DIS! :cool1:
You do an awesome job!

2 more questions: odd of a bartender at HH knowing the Sunken Treasure recipe
Pic of souvenir glass for said drink?

Tulip Time is almost done here and things can get back to normal! Had to play catch up before making the moooove :) If there are interested people, I can make some more Sunken Treasure recipe cards. Thank you so much for taking such good care of us natebenma!!

Tulip Time is almost done here and things can get back to normal! Had to play catch up before making the moooove :) If there are interested people, I can make some more Sunken Treasure recipe cards. Thank you so much for taking such good care of us natebenma!!

Sent you a PM! :flower3:

This thread is great. Thank you for all the information it's has beenso much fun reading and retreading everything here. We will be at The Beach Club 7/1-7/5 and staying in a Deluxe room , club level. :cool1:
I will post lots of pics of the room and view. I am soooo excited.
Very nervous about the heat in July but that's why we pick Beach Club for SAB.

Thanks again everyone for sharing. :thumbsup2

We'll be there at the same time! We are at BC from 6/29-7/7, with 6/27 and 6/28 at Coronado Springs. I'm planning this trip without my girls or husband knowing which resorts we're staying at, so I'm very excited to be surprising them! We're staying Club Level at BC (Can't wait!), and Business Class at Coronado, so lots of pampering for us!

Robyn is planning a DIS meet on 7/6. You'll miss us by one day. What a great reason to extend your visit a day ;).

So glad you got the new thread up Dee! Things look great! I went to bed last night with some angst, as the old thread was so close to closing. Then, first chance today I log on, and TADA! NEW THREAD! Woo hoo!

Question regarding room/view request...IPO said all the GV rooms have a full balcony (our first request), but no daybed (our second request). We'd like to be close to the lounge and elevators/and or lobby. Would this be a feasible request? Is this even possible?

Also, I've searched and searched, and can't find info on the view from club lounge. Is there a balcony off the lounge with tables, and if so, what's the view?

I'd love one! LMK if you decide to make more :-)

Thanks so much for the new thread - I appreciate all you do to keep it going! I know I will spend many hours here whilst I watch the countdown to December and our first BC stay!

First legal post! Pbbbtttt!!!

Here is a hot tip from the Orlando Sentinel
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/restaurants/os-heather-mcpherson-new-french-bakeries-20130510,0,1007811.column
QUOTE:

Disney's Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie is the result of a wonderful transformation of a former sweet shop. Tucked inside the collection of shops and restaurants in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower replica, this new café is the best kept breakfast secret for early bird Disney-philes. The eatery opens at 9 a.m. daily — two hours before the ropes are dropped to allow entry into World Showcase. Guests in the know can access the bakery through the park entrance between the France and England pavilions.

Hows THAT for your "Tip of the day"!!!!

~NM
PS. Firsty, firsty firsty!!!! LOL!!!
PPS. I've been waiting all freaking day to post on the new list, how's that for being lame!
3PS. I can't believe I beat Nannette!!!
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hello? Did I make it?? Lol, whew! I wanted to make the move BEFORE we left in the morning! Heading to Disney tomorrow, YAYAYAYY! :beach:
Have a great trip!

Sounds like a wonderful trip, and some nice Pixie Dust!

Dee :worship: thanks!

Significant milestones:
A baby's first step
First day of kindergarten
Wedding day
Dropping to double digits on my countdown ticker!!!:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter