2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never stayed at the YC, so we will have to rely on others to answer some of your questions.

Thanks, pixarmom, for the photos and info!

Dee, happy to help! (And miss YC!) Love to see my info here - reminds me that it's not entirely outdated yet!

One Day! (Thanks for the ticker Dee!)

Robyn, have a wonderful trip!!! And as you know, I can always relate to your packing stories (and my husband has all the extra bought-on-vacation swimsuits to prove it!)

1971DBday, welcome Back, and thanks for all the wonderful photos!

I will cancel one of them Sunday night when I get home from shopping with her! I've made so many life changes that nothing fits so I need to shop (I hate shopping)!!
~N

Buzzy the BC/YC resort fly is rumored to be quite the dapper guy. Are you considering consulting with him on your choices for resort wear??

For Mr. Nannette, this is Buzzy's recommendation for the man about the resort:

730458_f260.jpg

.... and for the ladies Buzzy recommends this look:

142045_stock-photo-female-tourist-with-backpack-and-camera.jpg

~NM

I've been enjoying getting back to checking the thread the last couple of days. I'm wondering if I should even go back and check the 5 or 6 days I missed around last weekend (son's graduation party last Saturday with about 75-80 people!)...

Robyn & couchy - Have a FANTASTIC trip! And the same to all others leaving soon. I so miss WDW!! Robyn, I was laughing reading about your DH and packing. I have the opposite in my house. My DH would never let me pack a thing for him...he's an over-packer and often gets teased my me and the kids! I wish I could get back to a DIS Meet. Please give my best to Teena (and Pete if you see him!! love them!)
dfarner- thanks for the updates while on your trip. I saw that you started at POR. I may have to PM you (after your trip of course!) and NinjaMom about some advice. We are thinking of staying there our first night in October.
1971DBday - Loved your photos!! And congrats on being DVC owners!
em36 - You DH sounds similar to mine. I swear our trip to BC back in August 2010 converted him!
Teena - And thanks to you Teena :hug:, DH was the BIG push for me to book a F&W trip this October. I of course would want to go to WDW anytime (it's DH that says we have to go to other places too haha)!! Meeting and chatting with you throughout our trip back in 2010 was really special. I remember you worked most of the days we were there. You were recommending us to come back that fall. Well it took 3 years to get to F&W but it's around the corner.
Ninja Mom - I was thinking I would have to look into the 'Matthew McConaughey' view (remember that haha!) at the BC, but sadly I will not be at the Y&BC this October. But at least I WILL be at WDW! First night isn't booked yet but looking like POR and the next 6 nights are at the Swan (no Y&BC discounts for our time...and I had received 2 pincodes). I'm guessing your friend Buzzy doesn't resort hop does he??
Dee - DH and I will be in WDW October 9-16. Teena, I hope you will be working that Sun/Mon, because we will definitely visit. Dee, I have to get over to your other thread and reply about your upcoming trip...bet you are excited!!

Kerry

All our bags are packed (finally!) and we're ready to go . . . .

One more funny story about DH's packing. After we finally got him packed (9:00 last night) his glasses were missing. DH cannot see at all without them. Searched the house, the car everywhere. FInally had to unpack his bags and there they were - must have slipped off his head and into the suitcase!

THanks everyone for the well wishes. Wish you all were coming to the Dis Meet. Lovingthelodge - you were at the first one and I always think of you at the meets. Pixarmom - we MUST be twins.

Dee - so sorry we are just missing you but have a magical trip.

Teena - can't wait to see you and Lauren!

YCFAN - I will definitely miss my buddy! I will be thinking of you on the 7th. Of course DH will be relieved that I won't be stalking anyone at Narcoossee's this year!

I will try to check in but I am SO bad on the iphone!

:yay:page 189-197

We have hit...... 58 days:scared1:

I have never booked threw an agency before do you still get your Mickey mail sent directly to you or does It go to the agency @30 days then you have to rely on the to ship it too you?

Time to get started making disney piles lol:laundy:

It has been awhile since we have booked through a TA too, but I believe you are correct. With a regular agency, they will receive the documents and you will get them from the agency.

Not sure if you book with an online agency like Travelocity or Orbitz though- does one get Mickey Mail direct from Disney in those booking situations?

:)

Cute story alert!

I brought my 10 year-old daughter to the eye doctor this morning and during their conversation he asked if she had plans this summer. When she replied that we are going to WDW next month, he asked which park was her favorite. After a moment of careful thought she replied, "Our resort!"

Do I need to tell you which resort she is referring to? I think you all can guess!:rotfl2:

Awesome story!!!

Good luck with your party today.

:goodvibes

Were checking into the Beach Club this sunday! Wow! that's only 3 days away! Were really excited its been 5 years since weve been to the YC/BC :cool1:

:welcome:

and

"I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!" Couldn't resist with all of your signature photos.

Although your trip is tomorrow, it is NEVER too late to get added to the Be Our Guest list, so I'll do that now!

Have a great time!

:woohoo:

We ended up staying at three different resorts, ending up at Beach Club. It was as amazing as I remember.
We drove straight through from Virginia so I made a reservation from the road for the a Little Mermaid room but was pixie dusted into a Cars suite. Then we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for 4 nights then on to Beach Club for 5 nights.
Three sets of KTTWs!

I loved our location room 3610 close to the lobby, which was my only request. I loved the Juliet balcony, didn't miss a larger one at all. The weather was great only one really rainy night at POR. I wouldn't hesitate to book another June trip.
Thanks for all of the wonderful information on this thread. I used the secret door all the time!

Teena- I am so glad to hear that Bob is okay. It is so hard to be the loved one who isn't the patient. It was really nice talking with you. You really do make the Beach Club a special place.
Elizabeth

Thanks for your report! So glad to hear you had a nice time and bit of pixie dust.

:cool1:

We recently stayed at the YC in a GV CL room and lived it. My husband has always been an agreeable Disney traveler, but after each trip he suggests that we visit somewhere different the following summer. Well folks, he is officially converted. As we were leaving the YC to go home, my DH suggested that we start planning next years Disney World Trip. I tried to play it cool, but inside I was secretly fist pumping and giving myself a high five.

I reluctantly asked if he would like to try a different resort. He looked at me as if I had lost my mind and told me not to mess with perfection. Lol. My two daughters were so excited to know that we would be back next summer. My youngest said,"good, now I don't have to look away when the Disney commercials come on TV". Ha

That is great news!!!

Hello Folks,

We checked in about 9:00 this morning, had breakfast in lounge, and WALKED into Epcot. Never would I have imagined how cool that is without experiencing it myself. Our room was ready just before 1:30. We booked standard, club level. Looking out at trees, down and to the left is rooftop, looking right is the front emtrance portico and the Epcot ball. It is awesome to be able to sit on your balcony and see that. I can't wait to see it lit up at night.

Club level staff members are amazing. They are all very personable and friendly. Lounge is on the small side, I agree, but we did get a table this morning. Cast members were cleaning tables and replenishing very quickly.

SAB is closed now...lightning in the area. We are headed to MK!

I forgot to mention the room! Lots of discussion about the condition of the hallways and the room. Our room is perfect. Carpet looks new. No dings in furniture. Bathroom area very clean. I actually looked for spots and runs in the hallway, and so far haven't seen any.

Thumbs up!!:thumbsup2

I know, right!? Doesn't that walking into EPCOT thing just blow your mind?

Glad you are off to a nice start.

pages 198-200

Hello everyone! Well we have been back for almost two weeks now. I've gotten past four of the five of us being sick, Uncle having a heart attack, a graduation party, catching up with work and oh yeah - FINALLY becoming DVC owners!!!!! So will this be my only trip to the BC - heck no. But for now we are planning on AKL for 2014. Since we are getting our first set of points as of February 2013 we will have double the points for our next trip in June of 2014, so we are going to take my husband's cousin and her three kids with us.

Wow- that is a lot of life stuff going on. Glad you are all feeling better and I hope your uncle is on the road to recovery.

Congrats on your DVC membership!!!

Thanks so much for the fantastic pictures!!!

Would you mind adding the view pictures to the View Thread? Or giving me permission to do it?

Thanks!

Hi everyone! I'm getting so excited to leave for the YC 2 weeks from TOMORROW!

Has anyone booked a mani/pedi or massage at the resort or somewhere close? I'd love to hear your opinions if you have- I haven't been able to find many reviews. Since I'll be in conference sessions during the day I was thinking of booking something as a surprise for my Mom one day- but wonder if its worth double what we pay at home for the experience.

:wave:

I have you on the Be Our Guest list, but without exact dates- I'll add you to July 13, which happens to be the day we leave for Orlando as well.

I've done the mani/pedi at Periwigs.. DD has had a massage at the Ship Shape Club. DD said it's the best massage she's had and she's had a lot!! I forget the name of the girl, but my daughter said she was so good that she actually went back a few days later for another! The mani/pedi was not what I'm used to... I always have that done before I go to Disney. I have however had reflexology at SSR and that was pretty good.

Have a great time! I leave in 11 days!
~N

Thanks so much for the review. May I add this to page 1? We get questions about the quality of the spa a lot, and that will give me a place to reference.

:thumbsup2

Hello! Our first visit to the BC will be November 27 - December 4!! We will be celebrating my birthday on the 28th with a reservation at Be Our Guest!! So excited to finally stay at the BC, we can't wait. We would love to be added to your Be Our Guest list, please :)

:welcome:

It will be my pleasure to add you to the Be Our Guest list!

:yay:

Dee - DH and I will be in WDW October 9-16. Teena, I hope you will be working that Sun/Mon, because we will definitely visit. Dee, I have to get over to your other thread and reply about your upcoming trip...bet you are excited!!

Kerry

Thanks!

Even though you will be at POR and the Swan, I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. We are equal opportunity celebrators!

:cool1:

What do you think is the best room (or area) of BC to request? We have reserved a garden view.

The garden view rooms are the same size/type as the other standard rooms, and will have a view of something green. They are located all throughout the resort.

The room request(s) you make will depend on what is most important to your family. Some options are:

Full balcony
Daybed
Close to lobby/SAB/transportation
Close to EPCOT
upper floor or first floor

For further info about room requests and for a link that will take you to a sample of some views from GV rooms, click on this link from Page 1.

Post 13: FAQ
BC vs. YC, Room View Categories, Full vs. Juliet Balconies, Daybeds, Online vs. In-person checkin

Hope that helps!!!

Dee - phew , I needed coffee and so I came here to check it out and low and behold you had a pot brewing for us ! Thanks

Dee - phew , I needed coffee and so I came here to check it out and low and behold you had a pot brewing for us ! Thanks

Absolutely! Although early morning coffee honors go to Robyn for her triumphant journey today to return to her Beach Club home.

Looks like you may have the honors next!

Hi ,

I'm searching but I don't find how estimate the time between Yacht club to Blizzard beach by bus ?

Do you have a website for that ?

I've done the mani/pedi at Periwigs.. DD has had a massage at the Ship Shape Club. DD said it's the best massage she's had and she's had a lot!! I forget the name of the girl, but my daughter said she was so good that she actually went back a few days later for another! The mani/pedi was not what I'm used to... I always have that done before I go to Disney. I have however had reflexology at SSR and that was pretty good.

Have a great time! I leave in 11 days!
~N

I did not have a mani/pedi there but the CM at the front desk was so helpful and it looked like it would be a nice place to get a little pampering.

I had a basic mani at home that needed to come off after a few days. I had forgotten polish remover and the marketplace did not have any. I went in there and they were nice just to give me polish remover to take it off myself. I thought about having a mani later in our stay but never got around to it. I would give it a try!

Thanks so much for the replies! I'm waiting to see what we get done here before we leave, but it sounds like its a good option!

pages 198-200

:wave:

I have you on the Be Our Guest list, but without exact dates- I'll add you to July 13, which happens to be the day we leave for Orlando as well.

Thank you! That means both of our trips are super close! We will be there from the 13-18.... And I cannot wait!

Hi ,

I'm searching but I don't find how estimate the time between Yacht club to Blizzard beach by bus ?

Do you have a website for that ?

I would plan on 30 minutes.

Does anyone know the route- does it vary by time of day? Is it always direct to Blizzard Beach or does it sometimes share with the Animal Kingdom buses?

I do know that in the afternoon, most resort buses LEAVING Animal Kingdom stop at Blizzard Beach first, before returning to the resort.

If you don't get an answer here, you can search and/or ask on the Transportation Board here on the DIS.

:)

Thank you! That means both of our trips are super close! We will be there from the 13-18.... And I cannot wait!

I will be starting my trip at a top-secret Theme Park Which Shall Not Be Named from July 13-16, and then checking into the Beach Club on July 16 so our stays will overlap a little bit.

We are off to a SAB. Intended on an early morning at HS, but we were up waaaay too late last night. Had some pretty strong rain yesterday afternoon, but weather last night was fabulous! A special club cast member made my daughters some blinged out birthday buttons with jewels and stickers...too cute. Breakfast in lounge was nice. Love that they have hard boiled eggs.

Have a great day!

All of the stories about DHs packing have made me laugh out loud :lmao:

My DH travels all the time for work (domestic and international) and so he is a professional packer. He leaves for a 2 week China trip with a backpack and a carry -on :faint: It literally takes him about 7 mins to fully pack and his very small suitcase it stocked and prepared for any emergency. And he does it right before we walk out the door :eek:

I, on the other hand, like to take my time and pack over a few day period :cool1: It's part of the enjoyment of getting ready for WDW! I put the biggest suitcase I can find on the floor and open it up and every time I walk by, I throw something in (rain ponchos, washer/dryer sheets, hand sanitizer, etc) And darnit, he never forgets anything, while I always do :furious:

Needless to say, DH and I are NOT compatible packers. He says to me, "Why are you already packing? Why are you making a big deal out of this?" while I say, "Why haven't you packed yet? We are fixing to leave and you haven't even pulled out a suitcase!!!" :rolleyes:

We fly out Sept 1st and I will prob start packing the last week of August....it's fun to be obsessive about WDW to me :dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter