2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyMomx7 and all those going soon, have fun and be safe!

Teena....so glad to hear about Bob, and watch your PMs shortly!

Rest of y'all, the school year is over and I can get back to posting soon! I owe y'all a YC trip report/review and as soon as plans are finalized, I've got our next Disney adventure to announce!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm having a meltdown (not Disney related)! Tomorrow we are having 80 people at our house for a graduation pool party. It's not going to be great pool weather here in Chicago....rain and a high of 70. Our pool is not heated and our house is not big enough to hold these people. So please pray to Mother Nature that she cooperates so my party can be held outside (and that I don't run out of toilet paper.....thank goodness I'm not serving Mexican food!):eek: I broke down and rented a jumpy for the kids. :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

If it were me I would totally hide in the jumpy. Nobody thinks to look for the missing party host in one of those things. The only complication of using the jumpy as a hide out during one of your parties is that your drink tends to get spilled because of all the jumping. Just put your party drink in one of those refillable mugs and tell the other Mom's that are hiding out with you to keep the jumping to a minimum.

That should fix it!

Is it true that you tried to book Buzzy to work your party? We need more info on this hot rumor! Was he serving or providing entertainment? I'm thinking he will be working your party as a waiter because you know how he loves the food. HOWEVER if it is going to rain perhaps he could play 'chase' with the guests and get them out the door.....

Now onto Beach Club/Yacht Club/ Beach Club Villa topics!

For those of you with upcoming stays I'd like to encourage you to report any room deficiencies that you may find to the hotel.
I'm talking about that broken drawer or maybe you discover that the hair dryer in the room is not functioning or the drain in the tub empties a little too slowly. All it takes is a phone call!

I know I personally don't like to tackle room problems while I'm on vacation but it occurred to me that the easiest thing would be to just let the resort know that you are noticing that a certain item or area needs attention.

This means that for me, I have to dial it back and just make the call without taking ownership and declaring war on the problem until it is solved, like I do at home.

This leads me to my next thought. Is Housekeeping the correct department to call when room issues come to your attention? This might be a good question for Teena!

I have left notes for the housekeeper when I discover something that I believe covers her area of responsibility and needs her attention. I have to say that every time I have done this the result was positive except for the time I stayed at All Star Movies and the housekeeping was a hot mess with no hope of ever getting on track. That was the time I asked to speak with a housekeeping manager who took the steps necessary to remedy the problem.

So think about paying it forward by letting the resort know that something needs attention. That way the next guest will benefit from your fantastic powers of observation and the hotel will have the chance to take care of a problem.

~NM

DisneyMomx7 and all those going soon, have fun and be safe!

Teena....so glad to hear about Bob, and watch your PMs shortly!

Rest of y'all, the school year is over and I can get back to posting soon! I owe y'all a YC trip report/review and as soon as plans are finalized, I've got our next Disney adventure to announce!

I can't wait to hear about your latest ADVENTURE!!! :beach:

~NM

We recently stayed at the YC in a GV CL room and lived it. My husband has always been an agreeable Disney traveler, but after each trip he suggests that we visit somewhere different the following summer. Well folks, he is officially converted. As we were leaving the YC to go home, my DH suggested that we start planning next years Disney World Trip. I tried to play it cool, but inside I was secretly fist pumping and giving myself a high five.

I reluctantly asked if he would like to try a different resort. He looked at me as if I had lost my mind and told me not to mess with perfection. Lol. My two daughters were so excited to know that we would be back next summer. My youngest said,"good, now I don't have to look away when the Disney commercials come on TV". Ha

We recently stayed at the YC in a GV CL room and lived it. My husband has always been an agreeable Disney traveler, but after each trip he suggests that we visit somewhere different the following summer. Well folks, he is officially converted. As we were leaving the YC to go home, my DH suggested that we start planning next years Disney World Trip. I tried to play it cool, but inside I was secretly fist pumping and giving myself a high five.

I reluctantly asked if he would like to try a different resort. He looked at me as if I had lost my mind and told me not to mess with perfection. Lol. My two daughters were so excited to know that we would be back next summer. My youngest said,"good, now I don't have to look away when the Disney commercials come on TV". Ha

I love it when Husbands realize that "WE picked the perfect resort"!!!

I love it when Husbands realize that "WE picked the perfect resort"!!!

It's all about making them think that it is their idea!

Yep. Our two favorite resorts are BC and BWI and while we both agree that BC was all my doing, DP seems to think our first trip to BWI was his idea. I told him that had I not already secretly selected it as one of the 2 or 3 places *I*wanted to try, we'd have never gone. Silly man.

Yep. Our two favorite resorts are BC and BWI and while we both agree that BC was all my doing, DP seems to think our first trip to BWI was his idea. I told him that had I not already secretly selected it as one of the 2 or 3 places *I*wanted to try, we'd have never gone. Silly man.

Both resorts are absolutely beautiful.

This leads me to my next thought. Is Housekeeping the correct department to call when room issues come to your attention? This might be a good question for Teena!

Engineering is who you want for drain problems, anything other than housekeeping (cleaning, linens, towels) issues. If you don't get a satisfactory response within a reasonable time, call back and ask to have a manager come see you immediately.

One Day! (Thanks for the ticker Dee!)

3 Kids and I are almost completely packed - DH NOTHING PACKED!
He is no longer allowed to pack on his own since the time I opened his suitcase and found he had packed 12 shirts, 2 shorts, 1 bathing suit, 2 pair of underwear and NO SOCKS for an 18 night vacation!!!! Also the time we were there for 2 weeks and he forgot to pack ANY bathing suits. I'm tired of buying him $20 socks!!!

Dog went to the groomers yesterday - today is my "spa day". Older kids and DH always give me gift cards to a salon I love and I save them up to do a spa day twice a year. Massage, facial, spa manicure, spa pedicure and hair cut!

Still have to pack the "extra suitcase" - medicines, toiletries, blow dryer, flat iron, air mattress and lots of "crazy stuff" we think we'll need (oh and the ponchos). Also have to sort everyone's carry ons - stop at the grocery store to make sure dog has everything and also lots of snacks and stuff for the older kids who are taking turns baby sitting said dog.

Car service will be here at 6:00 am tomorrow and if everything goes right we should be up in the air this time tomorrow.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Dee - since we'll be just missing each other HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!!!!
I think you will like Hard Rock a lot more than Portofino. I know we loved it when we stayed there. We stayed CL too there - ask for the deluxe club room on the 7th floor. They only have a few but there is not extra charge - just luck!!!

Anyone who sees us at BC, SAB or anywhere in Disney - make sure you say hi!!!!

Can't wait for the Dis Meet!

I am right behind you. I leave Monday morning! I pulled out the suitcases but have not even begun to pack. I will start tonight. :cool1:

Two weeks until we are at my "happy place"! Until then, I have lots of :laundy: and :surfweb: and :drive: so then I can :drinking1 my first Sunken Treasure and many slushies and enjoy lots of :mickeybar

This made me smile :goodvibes

It's all about making them think that it is their idea!

I often employ this method as well

1) some husbands pick the resort/make the plans

cough cough

2) Mickey Mail just arrived!!!! Whooo hooooo!

Hello Folks,

We checked in about 9:00 this morning, had breakfast in lounge, and WALKED into Epcot. Never would I have imagined how cool that is without experiencing it myself. Our room was ready just before 1:30. We booked standard, club level. Looking out at trees, down and to the left is rooftop, looking right is the front emtrance portico and the Epcot ball. It is awesome to be able to sit on your balcony and see that. I can't wait to see it lit up at night.

Club level staff members are amazing. They are all very personable and friendly. Lounge is on the small side, I agree, but we did get a table this morning. Cast members were cleaning tables and replenishing very quickly.

SAB is closed now...lightning in the area. We are headed to MK!

I forgot to mention the room! Lots of discussion about the condition of the hallways and the room. Our room is perfect. Carpet looks new. No dings in furniture. Bathroom area very clean. I actually looked for spots and runs in the hallway, and so far haven't seen any.

Thumbs up!!:thumbsup2

Hello Folks,

We checked in about 9:00 this morning, had breakfast in lounge, and WALKED into Epcot. Never would I have imagined how cool that is without experiencing it myself. Our room was ready just before 1:30. We booked standard, club level. Looking out at trees, down and to the left is rooftop, looking right is the front emtrance portico and the Epcot ball. It is awesome to be able to sit on your balcony and see that. I can't wait to see it lit up at night.

Club level staff members are amazing. They are all very personable and friendly. Lounge is on the small side, I agree, but we did get a table this morning. Cast members were cleaning tables and replenishing very quickly.

So glad you are enjoying. Lounge is small but won't be for long. It's doubling in size next year!!

Hello Folks,

We're right behind you! Our flight leaves at 8:00 tomorrow morning and should land around 10:30. We always have lunch at Beaches and Cream the first day then we walk over to EPCOT to (hopefully) get a fast pass for later that night after our dinner at Tutto Italia. Walking to EPCOT is just the best feeling.

Couchy - see you real soon!

Teena - we'll see you Sunday. We have a 8:05 reservation at Crystal Palace and will probably be back at BC early afternoon - can't wait to go to SAB!

Lounge is doubling in size? Fabulous!

Hello everyone! Well we have been back for almost two weeks now. I've gotten past four of the five of us being sick, Uncle having a heart attack, a graduation party, catching up with work and oh yeah - FINALLY becoming DVC owners!!!!! So will this be my only trip to the BC - heck no. But for now we are planning on AKL for 2014. Since we are getting our first set of points as of February 2013 we will have double the points for our next trip in June of 2014, so we are going to take my husband's cousin and her three kids with us.

Anyway, I have FINALLY downloaded photos from the trip and here are some specific ones to the Y&BC -

The lobby was gorgeous and I loved being greeted by the CMs with their iPads looking up my information immediately. Check-in was very smooth and the lobby was beautiful:

We arrived two hours late due to flight delays so by the time we arrived at the BC our room 2621 was ready:

I requested close to transportation and a full balcony. Our requests were met (and I did online check-in). My sister had a SV and ended up getting upgraded to a GV (sorry I didn't get pictures of her room but it overlooked the lake side entrance to the BC and was just a few rooms down from our room). We were very close the lobby, Marketplace, SAB and the Solarium.

Here was our view:

Zoomed in:

After getting settled in Tropical Storm Andrea was pretty much done and so were we. We headed down to SAB for a bite to eat at HHs. I of course got one of these:

(My daughter would kill me for this picture, but photbucket won't let me crop her out - meant to be.)

All of the bartenders that I asked for one of these knew how to make it, but some of them disagreed on how to make the Sunken Treasure. I did not get in the middle of the arguments.

Here are some other pictures of the resort:

This was a private party one evening. It was Pirates of the Caribbean themed and this was the view of the party and fireworks from the party from our room:

We ate one night at the Yachtsman Steakhouse (OMG!!!), if I could get past the price this would be our favorite new restaurant. Here are some photos of the YC lobby:

My kids looking for a Hidden Mickey:

Thanks everyone for all of your help! We really enjoyed our stay and met some very nice people! We are excited to start our adventure of being DVC members!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter