2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay practicing posting photos from my phone in preparation of upcoming BC stay (plus bragging at the same time).

DD16 took 1st place last night for her painting (of her little sister reading under the sheets)!

D5C64939-6B1B-4BCC-A1FC-DDB8D6872196-6502-0000098ED76DBB7E.jpg
[/IMG]

Lets see if this works.....she wants to be an Imagineer of course!

Okay practicing posting photos from my phone in preparation of upcoming BC stay (plus bragging at the same time).

DD16 took 1st place last night for her painting (of her little sister reading under the sheets)!

Nice job by you and your DD!:thumbsup2

Why is it that when I try to book Ohana for 2 people there are no reservations, but when I put in 3 or 4 there's room? I feel like I'm being penalized for being a small party! Is this nuts?:crazy2:

Devil's Advocate, here!

Is 'Ohana one of the restaurants with a penalty for non-cancellation? Can't remember.

Make the reservation for 3. If this is a penalty restaurant, call within the required time limit and say that one of the people on your reservation is unable to make it.

[/IMG]

AWESOME painting!!! Thanks for sharing.

And kudos to you for figuring out how to post it from your phone! Looking forward to some live reporting.

:thumbsup2

We were offered 2 rooms - 1 was on the 5th floor, but didn't have a daybed, or we could go to the 4th floor and have a daybed, but have all the access to the lounge. They said both rooms were the exact same size.

Oh, this would be my dream!!! We've got CL for just the first 2 nights and GV for the rest. If we could get a room on the 4th floor - perhaps we wouldn't have to move out on the 3rd day!!

I agree that your view is great!

Keep posting and having fun!! We'll be there on Sunday!

Tricia

medicgirl177 said:
T-37, oh how my "babies" are impatiently stalking the mailman for the Mickey Mail! It's agony!!

We are at T-37 days today, so I assume arriving day after you? We will have the new pin, and the previously mentioned 3 year old pirate. Big thanks to those who linked to "authentic" letters of marque, but we decided our guy should make his own with me in which his privateer license is granted by authority of HRH M Mouse. It will probably be more fun for him than carrying what looks like "just words". We start the project this weekend. Ahoy!

[/IMG]

Wow!!! That is a beautiful painting! I hope she's considering RISD (Rhode Island School of Design) for college!

Well after going back and forth trying to figure out whether to book my MILs room at BCV or YC during our BC stay next month lo and behold a standard view BC room with the AP discount popped up out of the blue tonight so we snagged it. :cool1: That will make things much easier.

Now if only by some miracle we could add her to our BoG ADR while she is with us. That's our only scheduling issue we have with her addition. I'm going to feel ridiculous if I have to let her go eat somewhere by herself so we can keep it. Although I know she really won't mind. She's cool like that.

That is great that a room opened up! Will make everything so much better. My mom loved staying at the BC and wants to be sure that's where we're staying each time she comes with us now.

I too am looking to add my mom to a BoG ADR I made before I knew she would join us. I have continued to check online, called and will call more. If that all fails, I plan to check with the restaurant once we are in the MK a few days prior and see if they could accommodate adding her when we arrive. If not, guess we'll be standing in line with the masses to try and get lunch instead of dinner. You'll have to report back how it works out for you.

Wishing you the same kind of luck for the ADR as you got with the room!pixiedust:

EagleScout said:
We are at T-37 days today, so I assume arriving day after you? We will have the new pin, and the previously mentioned 3 year old pirate. Big thanks to those who linked to "authentic" letters of marque, but we decided our guy should make his own with me in which his privateer license is granted by authority of HRH M Mouse. It will probably be more fun for him than carrying what looks like "just words". We start the project this weekend. Ahoy!

I hope you will post a pic when you finish!

medicgirl177 said:
T-37, oh how my "babies" are impatiently stalking the mailman for the Mickey Mail! It's agony!!

I am anxiously awaiting my Mickey Mail as well. Its arrival cements everything in my mind. It should be any day now as others who arrive right before and after me have received theirs.

Thank you. It's been nearly 3 years since we last crossed paths. I was really pleased to see that you were still running the BC/YC thread.

Thank you for all your time and effort. :flower3:

Thanks! I remember your name from your previous trip. It must have been right around the time I started maintaining this thread.

:goodvibes

Hi Dee,
I am another one who also took advantage of the 30% discount and booked the Yacht Club for our summer trip (celebrating daughter's 11th birthday).

We stayed at YC for the first time this past October and fell in love with the YC/BC. It bumped the Polynesian from it's long-standing first place position on my daughter's "favorite resort" list and she requested to stay at the YC again. We are going to try a lagoon/pool view this time. I hope we really get a lagoon view - I did add to our room request.

Was hoping you could add us to the BOG list, please - YC July 27 to Aug 3.

Thank you!:flower3:

:welcome: back!

Of course I will add you!

:woohoo:

Dee, just wanted to thank you for putting all the information together about room views. I love having a water view room, but couldn't get it at the YC with my new discount I got. We have a standard view, but who cares, I will be at Disney celebrating my retirement for the Walt Disney Company!! Thank you again for all the work you have put into this thread. Where in MA do you live? We just moved to TN from MA in Oct. to be closer to some of my grandchildren!!!

Thanks! And congratulations!!!

Sent you a PM.

:)

Thanks Dee! We will be staying at BC from June 17th-23rd :)

Got it! :thumbsup2

Thank you Dee for adding me to your BOG list. So looking forward to returning 'home'.

I also have to say I totally appreciate how you make everyone feel so welcommed no matter if we are returning BC/YC guests or totally new to this list. Thank you for all you do!

Thank you!

Can anyone tell me about the garden view at Beach club? I will be staying there this August and want to know what to expect. I am a bit nervous but excited. also can anyone suggest where I should ask to have a room? Are there good and bad locations? I will be with my DH and DD 20yrs. Thanks for any help!
:cool2:

:welcome:

Do you have a trip booked? If you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list, let us know the dates of your trip.

:cool1:

As Teena mentioned, GV rooms will have a view of a courtyard, garden, woods or something green. The rooms I know about are the woods views near EPCOT, the BC volleyball courtyard and the back entrance (lake side) courtyard (near lobby).

Well after going back and forth trying to figure out whether to book my MILs room at BCV or YC during our BC stay next month lo and behold a standard view BC room with the AP discount popped up out of the blue tonight so we snagged it. :cool1: That will make things much easier.

Now if only by some miracle we could add her to our BoG ADR while she is with us. That's our only scheduling issue we have with her addition. I'm going to feel ridiculous if I have to let her go eat somewhere by herself so we can keep it. Although I know she really won't mind. She's cool like that.

I'll add your MIL to the Be Our Guest list. Same dates as your reservation?

:cheer2:

I stayed at the BC in Oct of 2012 and again Feb 28-March 6 2013....We were there for the opening day of flower and garden...We could only spend a few hours there and had to run to catch the Magical Express....Well, thanks to an AP discount, I'm coming back May 3-8. My sister's coming with me. She asked "is it really worth it to stay at the BC"?.....Am I totally insane for this???? It's the first year of my retirement, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it and doing what I want after working as a nurse for about a million years!!! Can't wait to see her face when she sees my favorite place in WDW!!! So....add me to the list...I'm coming home!!! pleasepleaseplease let me score a full balcony!:yay::yay::yay:

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. Thanks for bringing along a newbie, or as I like to call it, a future convert!

:yay:

What beautiful work!

BUMP!!!

Do any of our international friends know the answer to this?

35 days to go before taking our plane to Florida :-)
Can't wait!!!
I'm trying to do some green mickey ears to hold on my bag :-)
Anyone doing this too?

Do you know if Disney send the package by mail to Europe eith the luggage tags, etc?

Thanks a lot

I have never done the green Mickey ears. Some do, but people say they haven't seen many on their trips, and even when they have the ears on their bags there hasn't been a lot of interaction with others.

It can't hurt, though!

mommakacie said:
We arrived at Beach Club today - here's how things are going....

I should also add that wifi is excellent tonight.:cool1:

So excited for you and your family. The view from your room looks great and it sounds like your trip has a great start.

We arrived at Beach Club today -

We had to wait a few minutes to check in. We were offered drinks and snacks while we waited. The kids had some snacks since we landed around 11:30 and hadn't had any lunch yet. It was approximately 1:30. I had done the online checkin, but I don't know that it saved us anytime. They did have our key cards made up, but had to do my cc on the account, because "it didn't stick" the first time. We were offered 2 rooms - 1 was on the 5th floor, but didn't have a daybed, or we could go to the 4th floor and have a daybed, but have all the access to the lounge. They said both rooms were the exact same size. I left the choice up to my daughter since she'd be the one sleeping on whatever was chosen. She chose to stay on the 5th floor, so they ordered a roll away. I figured that was ok because we could put it up when she wasn't in it.

I took some room view pics - room 5675. I'll link here, and try to get them to the room view thread. Dee - you're welcome to use. We reserved SV, I assume that's what they gave us. We got a pretty great view - I think my daughter chose well:)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8012099@N07/sets/72157633162244602/

I should also add that wifi is excellent tonight.:cool1:

Thanks so much for the excellent report!!!

That is interesting news about them offering you a room on the 4th floor with a daybed. I love that!!! I haven't really heard of that before.

I also really appreciate the pictures- don't worry about it during the trip, but I would love to add the view photos when you get back. I'm not sure that I can "borrow" your pictures from Flickr.

The picture of the upright cot is also very helpful.

Thanks again, and hope the rest of your trip is SPECTACULAR!!!

Dee: I know you are going to pull your hair out if I change plans again........................................

But, we decided to stay at BC for the first half of our vacation!!!! and then move to Poly.

So, our dates are 7/19 - 7/23 BC.

the first reason: I couldn't imagine not possibly getting the chance to run into you during out stay :) Be on the lookout for an overly happy 40+ year old, DH and DD walking around with a skip in their step.

second reason: Teena works on Sunday and Monday and we would have completely missed her :(

third reason: DD said she couldn't imagine arriving at Disney World and NOT checking into what feels like home!

So that's it in a nutshell :thumbsup2

I'm going to log off of the boards in case you are throwing darts!!

Dee: I know you are going to pull your hair out if I change plans again........................................

But, we decided to stay at BC for the first half of our vacation!!!! and then move to Poly.

So, our dates are 7/19 - 7/23 BC.

the first reason: I couldn't imagine not possibly getting the chance to run into you during out stay :) Be on the lookout for an overly happy 40+ year old, DH and DD walking around with a skip in their step.

second reason: Teena works on Sunday and Monday and we would have completely missed her :(

third reason: DD said she couldn't imagine arriving at Disney World and NOT checking into what feels like home!

So that's it in a nutshell :thumbsup2

I'm going to log off of the boards in case you are throwing darts!!

No darts!

:cheer2::cool1::yay:

Dee

Hi All!

I've been reading through posts - thanks for all the great info on BC/YC!!

I just booked flights yesterday, so we're officially back at WDW from 11/10-11/16. We're thinking of switching it up this time, and staying at YC (for the first time) - seems like such easy access to Epcot and DHS will be great (esp with DD in tow!).

We're thinking YC, lagoon view - so we can put DD to bed and enjoy some drinks on the balcony in the evening.

Here's my question --- I haven't booked a room yet (have my fingers crossed for some sort of fall discount). But I'm thinking the fall discounts won't be released before our 180 day mark....so I should probably just go ahead and book, right?

Thanks!!!

You should book your room now and apply any discounts later. These resorts can fill up fast. BC is already full for our week in Dec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter