2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a better chance of getting a full balcony LV CL than a daybed.
There aren't many rooms with a daybed - that is why they won't even allow families of 5 to book LV CL.

Dee or Teena can probably give you a count of how many LV CL rooms have full balconies, but if I remember correctly it's almost all of them.

:bday: Grace Monica! I hope you have a wonderful day at BC & WDW! I'd love to hear reviews and/or pics of the drinks you try! :thumbsup2

I think I've decided not to vacation with anyone but the four of us. I've talked about it with different family that have said "wow we should trip together next time!", but after a little talking to them, and reading TR's here, I am starting to think vacationing at WDW with family could rank up there with borrowing money from family on the "quick ways to implode a family"!! Lol. My DH and kids know the drill, but I don't know that anyone else would appreciate my neurosis!! Lol!!

We had a very successful vacation with extended family last year. It was so much fun, we're doing it all over again. For that portion of the trip, we stayed offsite, spread out through several condos, so we all had plenty of space and privacy. We made sure we had a full day at the resort to relax, enjoy the pool, and eat together. We were all on the same page as far as getting up and getting to the parks fairly early. We would tour together for a few hours, then split up when everyone wanted to enjoy different attractions. After a few days in the parks, we split up to do different activities, visit different parks, beaches, or other parts of the state. We'd get together at night to go out to dinner or cook in the condo. My immediate family (DH, DD, and myself) also added on a few days onsite to enjoy some time together. Last year it was the Poly, this year it will be YC. That way we still have time for just the three of us to vacation together.

infopurposesonly said:
We had a very successful vacation with extended family last year. It was so much fun, we're doing it all over again. For that portion of the trip, we stayed offsite, spread out through several condos, so we all had plenty of space and privacy. We made sure we had a full day at the resort to relax, enjoy the pool, and eat together. We were all on the same page as far as getting up and getting to the parks fairly early. We would tour together for a few hours, then split up when everyone wanted to enjoy different attractions. After a few days in the parks, we split up to do different activities, visit different parks, beaches, or other parts of the state. We'd get together at night to go out to dinner or cook in the condo. My immediate family (DH, DD, and myself) also added on a few days onsite to enjoy some time together. Last year it was the Poly, this year it will be YC. That way we still have time for just the three of us to vacation together.

Sounds like a split trip with clearly defined expectations would be the best way to ensure everyone enjoys themselves!! We haven't traveled with others so I wasn't sure, but with these few ideas I could see how it might work!

Hi how is capt grille for dinner? Any reviews? Thanks! :)

Definitely a hidden gem!!! We loved our meal there in 2010. This is one of the table service places we will be dining at this summer.

This is my review- scroll down through the EPCOT stuff to get to the restaurant review and pictures.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38209501&postcount=201

I'm sure there are a few reviews on the dining boards if you search "Captain's Grille".

Anyone else have reviews?

So, I just learned how to post pics and I had to post a pic of the Beaches & Cream carousel horse :thumbsup2

IMG_1821_zps7ba03e25.jpg

We returned home last night after our first YC stay and also first time staying deluxe. We chose YC over BC because we didn't want to risk not having a balcony. I thought my family might have preferred the look of BC but after seeing it they all liked YC better so that worked out well. We were in room 4179 and it was perfect. It was right above the lake side entrance and had a perfect view. It has 2 queens and a day bed and my 26 year old DD used the day bed. She is 5 foot 6 and said that it was comfortable enough but if she had been slightly taller it wouldn't have worked. Here are some photos of the view from the room and also the daybed. Every night we could see some of the higher fireworks from Illuminations from our balcony. We ate twice at Captain's Grille for breakfast making an ADR the night before. We probably could have just walked in. The only issue we had with our room was that mousekeeping wasn't very good about leaving toiletries. First day we had no shampoo. After 2 requests they brought a big bag of it and for the next several days left extra of everything. Then one day they swept away everything including partially used stuff in the shower and left only conditioner and lotion. We still had shampoo from the bag they'd brought the fist day but had to call for shower gel. If anyone has questions about YC, ask away. There seems to be a lot more info here about BC.

IMG_20130305_083820_zpsf990b229.jpg

IMG_20130309_082634_zps76ecee58.jpg

IMG_20130309_082624_zpsbb15567e.jpg

natebenma said:
Definitely a hidden gem!!! We loved our meal there in 2010. This is one of the table service places we will be dining at this summer.

This is my review- scroll down through the EPCOT stuff to get to the restaurant review and pictures.

I'm sure there are a few reviews on the dining boards if you search "Captain's Grille".

Great review. Thanks!

We returned home last night after our first YC stay and also first time staying deluxe. We chose YC over BC because we didn't want to risk not having a balcony. I thought my family might have preferred the look of BC but after seeing it they all liked YC better so that worked out well. We were in room 4179 and it was perfect. It was right above the lake side entrance and had a perfect view. It has 2 queens and a day bed and my 26 year old DD used the day bed. She is 5 foot 6 and said that it was comfortable enough but if she had been slightly taller it wouldn't have worked. Here are some photos of the view from the room and also the daybed. Every night we could see some of the higher fireworks from Illuminations from our balcony. We ate twice at Captain's Grille for breakfast making an ADR the night before. We probably could have just walked in. The only issue we had with our room was that mousekeeping wasn't very good about leaving toiletries. First day we had no shampoo. After 2 requests they brought a big bag of it and for the next several days left extra of everything. Then one day they swept away everything including partially used stuff in the shower and left only conditioner and lotion. We still had shampoo from the bag they'd brought the fist day but had to call for shower gel. If anyone has questions about YC, ask away. There seems to be a lot more info here about BC.

IMG_20130305_083820_zpsf990b229.jpg

IMG_20130309_082634_zps76ecee58.jpg

IMG_20130309_082624_zpsbb15567e.jpg

We too just returned home from the Yacht Club last night! I am having serious withdrawal today and your pictures were just the fix I needed! Thanks for posting them. We were right down the hall from you, in room 4131, just over the gazebo and overlooking the marina. The view was spectacular, especially at night, and I am so glad we booked lagoon view. If anyone is on the fence about that, go for it! We had stayed at the YC once before, garden view, which was nice, but the lagoon view was really something special. My DH put this whole trip together as a 25th wedding anniversary celebration & surprise for me, and I couldn't have been more delighted with his choice of resort.

All of the Yacht Club cast members were very friendly and seemed enthusiastic about what they were doing. We were given Happy Anniversary buttons upon check in and many, many CMs around the parks and resort wished us a Happy Anniversary all week. Minnie & Mickey even called the room and sang Happy Anniversary to us, which was a nice touch.

We found the room itself to be very comfortable and well appointed. But we too had issues with mousekeeping. On the whole, the room was clean, but there was a lack of attention to detail that resulted in what I would have to rate as just mediocre housekeeping. It wasn't anything major, but just a series of small things that added up to lack of thoroughness. For example, when we first walked into our room upon check in, there was a bar of used soap in the shower, a small puddle of water on the bathroom tile, and no plastic liner in the ice bucket. And for the first few days, there was no name card identifying the mousekeeper. However, that did appear several days into the trip, so I'm not sure who was servicing the room the whole week. One day, she neglected to remove our dirty glasses from the bathroom vanity. On yet another day, she didn't replenish our wash cloths. A pillow case was put on the pillow inside-out when she changed the sheets. We ran out of facial tissues in the bathroom and made a point to put the empty box sticking out of the top of the trash can so she would be sure to see it and replace it. But it went unnoticed and we didn't get a new box. So we brought in the box from the bedroom area and it never got replaced either. Like I said, nothing major, but sometimes the details make the difference between just being adequate and being really good. And maybe it is the mousekeeping on that floor since both 4th floor rooms had the issues.

We enjoyed getting snacks from the Marketplace at the Beach Club and ate a quick service breakfast there one morning too. The refillable mugs worked out great too. We enjoyed being able to fill them at Hurricane Hanna's as well as the Ale & Compass in the morning. We did try unsuccessfully to use a snack credit for a muffin at the Ale & Compass one morning. Either the CM didn't ring it up correctly after we told him we wanted to use a snack credit or it just isn't set up for it. No big deal, we just paid for it, but didn't attempt it again.

We made it out to Stormalong Bay a couple of afternoons when it was actually warm last week! We didn't try the Sunken Treasure but I had several Margaritas which were pretty tasty.

We rented a Sea Raycer from the marina and that was a lot of fun too. We took it down to Hollywood Studios and all around the lagoon. Prices were reasonable and it made for a nice outing one afternoon.

Transportation from the YC was great too. Buses came fairly promptly, and of course the Friendship boats are such a relaxing way to travel. We walked to Epcot and loved the convenience of the International Gateway entrance. I loved the nights that we had dining ressies at Epcot and could just stroll over there in a matter of minutes.

I told my DH that I really think the YC is my new favorite resort. I have stayed at both the GF and Polynesian several times each and have always felt the pull toward the monorail and MK resorts, but having stayed at the YC twice now, I am totally sold. The location cannot be beat, the hotel itself is first rate, service is great (minus the minor mouskeeping issues), lots of great food, beautiful views, and an awesome pool area. What's not to love?! :)

Thanks for the CG review and the pix. Nice to put a face to your posts. We'll be trying CG for the first time this May. Looking forward to the relaxed atmosphere.

Nice pix. Looks like you had a lovely room. Glad you enjoyed the dark side.

Heretofore, all distances will now be given in terms of relationships between Disney attractions!!!

The differences in distances between the YC/BC and EP/HS are insignificant- no more than 5 minutes in either direction- much like the walk-on time for Journey to Imagination.

Very Okay with this! :rotfl2:

Sorry for yet another question. Does anyone have any guesses as to what time the movie and s'mores on the beach are? Thanks so much!

According to the sign on the beach the "campfire and s'mores" is at 5:30 and the movies on the beach are at 7pm.

As of last week the movies were
Freaky Friday (Sun. ha!), George of the Jungle (Mon.), Heavyweights (Tues), Peter Pan (Wed.), Lady & the Tramp (Thurs.), Shaggy Dog (Fri), and Frankenweenie (Sat.)

Hope this helps!

Interesting that others staying at YC/BC noted the toiletries not being replenished issue. :) We had to call and ask for more shampoo/conditioner (had to do that at BLT as well so maybe they are waiting for guests to ask for this stuff??:confused3) And I didn't even ask for the spa stuff! ;) Thought it would be interesting if they replenished the Spa h2O items for the suites but apparently not. :upsidedow

Oh and we ate at Captain's Grille with friends one night and it was no problem to get in without a reservation. The food was good and the service even better. :) I would post photos but photobucket is being difficult... Errr... :sad2:

So, I just learned how to post pics and I had to post a pic of the Beaches & Cream carousel horse :thumbsup2

Nicely done!!!

Thanks so much for your review and the pictures. When you get a chance, would you mind adding your view pictures and a little info about the room to the YC view thread. If you need me to post the link, let me know (it is in the resort photo sub forum)

We too just returned home from the Yacht Club last night! I told my DH that I really think the YC is my new favorite resort. I have stayed at both the GF and Polynesian several times each and have always felt the pull toward the monorail and MK resorts, but having stayed at the YC twice now, I am totally sold. The location cannot be beat, the hotel itself is first rate, service is great (minus the minor mouskeeping issues), lots of great food, beautiful views, and an awesome pool area. What's not to love?! :)

Thanks for the fantastic and detailed review.

Thanks for the CG review and the pix. Nice to put a face to your posts. We'll be trying CG for the first time this May. Looking forward to the relaxed atmosphere.

Don't forget to look for the boat that sails in between pictures. This is fairly new, so I didn't address it in my report. Need to add the info to Page 1.

Sorry for yet another question. Does anyone have any guesses as to what time the movie and s'mores on the beach are? Thanks so much!

Can't remember the month you will be there

From the first page Activities posting:

To see Activities Schedules from previous months, Click Here! Link to Historical Activities Schedules

Oh and we ate at Captain's Grille with friends one night and it was no problem to get in without a reservation. The food was good and the service even better. :) I would post photos but photobucket is being difficult... Errr... :sad2:

You don't say! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter