2012 "What's on National's Emerald Aisle?"

Thanks for the info we are flying in on April 19th leaving the 28th...the height is not going to be a problem she has copd walking for a long time she gets out of breath but climbing into a SUV will be fine.

Thanks for the info we are flying in on April 19th leaving the 28th...the height is not going to be a problem she has copd walking for a long time she gets out of breath but climbing into a SUV will be fine.

I really don't think that a SUV will work for you unless you go to something like a Tahoe or Surburban. I am glad she can get into a SUV, but, hiking a scooter in the back of one of these vehicles can be a pain and I am not sure they will have enough room even if you don't mind lifting the scooter.
I agree, the minivan has quite a high price, but, you have over a month to keep on looking to see if the rate will drop.
Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy your vacation. :)

Just a quick thanks to all the good folks at National/Alamo.

The only car in the Premium aisle at National on 3/10 was, as expected, a tired-looking Crown Vic. The attendant directed me to Alamo in hopes of finding something better, but they were completely out of Premiums over there...so the manager said "take a luxury, same price." So we rolled out of there in a fully-loaded Chrysler 300 with under 700 miles on it. Nice!

I've been a Hertz Gold customer for a long time, but I think National is going to get more of my business going forward....

:cool1:We picked up a car from National in Orlando today after our flight in on Southwest so I think it was on the A side about 3 pm. Lots of mid sized cars on the Emerald Aisle. DH was looking over the vehicles on the aisle & an attendant was bringing in a new Dodge Caravan. He asked them if he could have the vehicle & was told yes. So we got a van for a mid-size vehicle price for the week! Only 13 miles on the van. Great start to our vacation!

:cool1:We picked up a car from National in Orlando today after our flight in on Southwest so I think it was on the A side about 3 pm. Lots of mid sized cars on the Emerald Aisle. DH was looking over the vehicles on the aisle & an attendant was bringing in a new Dodge Caravan. He asked them if he could have the vehicle & was told yes. So we got a van for a mid-size vehicle price for the week! Only 13 miles on the van. Great start to our vacation!

I am glad you were happy with the minivan. Most customers are less than pleased when they see one on the EA or Executive Aisle. Of course, last night, most of the customers wanted something larger than a full size and there were no minivans or SUVs on the aisles.

I keep on saying this and will continue to say this. BOOK WHAT YOU NEED!!!
Don't bet on having what you need on the EA. When you book an EC reservation you are GURANTEED AT LEAST A MIDSIZE car. If you get more than that, great. If you are an EMERALD EXEC. level you are GURANTEED AT LEAST A FULL SIZE, if you get more than that great.

Does anyone know what the car options available typically for Premium and Luxury?

Is it valid that as an Executive Elite ordering a Premium car, you would get an upgrade to Luxury ?

Does anyone know what the car options available typically for Premium and Luxury?

Is it valid that as an Executive Elite ordering a Premium car, you would get an upgrade to Luxury ?

The options listed on the description under vehicles on National's car list is what they have. They may have added features, however, with a number of different cars, it is impossible to list them, not to mention time consuming.
No, it is not true you would get an auto upgrade to Luxury. You would get what you booked, a Premium car reserved under an Emerald Reserve Reservation. I am sure, however, if you wished to upgrade and pay the difference, that could be arranged.

Arrived this morning about 9am. Emerald isle was full.... Of malibus, impalas, maximas. 1 Mazda and 1 2door Nissan sentra and 1 vw passat. We took the passat. It's ok. Break is touchy. But trunk is huge!

Nothing special. No vans and no SUVS

Arrived this morning about 9am. Emerald isle was full.... Of malibus, impalas, maximas. 1 Mazda and 1 2door Nissan sentra and 1 vw passat. We took the passat. It's ok. Break is touchy. But trunk is huge!

Thanks for your update! Have a great trip!

The Nissan two door was an Altima. I don't think Nissan makes a 2 door Sentra and I definitely have not seen one on the lot. Also, I have never seen a Sentra on the EA or Exec.A.

Any new reports? I'll be picking up on EA on Thursday

Pretty much midsize and mostly full size. Nothing fancy and nothing other than what has been previously reported in the line of full size cars. It has been very busy these days and if you are hoping for anything other than a midsize or full size, you will probably be disappointed.

Just got back. After all the talk of SUV's and vans, I was shocked that there were none when we arrived on 3/22. It was full of Impala's, Altima's and Maxima's. We chose one of 3 Dodge Chargers. We liked the car and the trunk fit all of our baggage.

We have had an HHR many times. Last time we were there we saw a Kia soul or Nissan Cube but had 5 in our group and thought it would be too small. Anyone know what class these cars are considered. There are only three of us travelling this time and I'm kinda hoping for the Soul or Cube this time. Looks like a fun(or funny) car to drive. Also, we arrive after 9pm in mid may coming in so late does that mean EA will be empty or stocked full of good cars?

We have had an HHR many times. Last time we were there we saw a Kia soul or Nissan Cube but had 5 in our group and thought it would be too small. Anyone know what class these cars are considered. There are only three of us travelling this time and I'm kinda hoping for the Soul or Cube this time. Looks like a fun(or funny) car to drive. Also, we arrive after 9pm in mid may coming in so late does that mean EA will be empty or stocked full of good cars?

Those are compact cars. We don't have them on the EA. We also rarely have the HHR on the EA. Your arrival time means that there will be cars, stocked full? Depends on the supply and demand on that day. All our cars are "good". Does it mean you will get something more than a full size? Probably not.

Just got back. After all the talk of SUV's and vans, I was shocked that there were none when we arrived on 3/22. It was full of Impala's, Altima's and Maxima's. We chose one of 3 Dodge Chargers. We liked the car and the trunk fit all of our baggage.

thursdays are slow days, so, it is not suprising all you found were what was supposed to be there. Mid size and above, in your case, there was one Premium on that aisle. The Maxima.

thursdays are slow days, so, it is not suprising all you found were what was supposed to be there. Mid size and above, in your case, there was one Premium on that aisle. The Maxima.

Thats good to know!

Haven't used EA since I turned Executive with National. Does the Executive aisle typically have SUVs?

We will have a LATE arrival (after 11pm) on a Friday. Not that we won't fit in a mid-size or bigger but I'm hoping to get something with some room.

Haven't used EA since I turned Executive with National. Does the Executive aisle typically have SUVs?

We will have a LATE arrival (after 11pm) on a Friday. Not that we won't fit in a mid-size or bigger but I'm hoping to get something with some room.

Typically, no. You can expect a full size or better for the midsize price. Again, it all depends on how busy we are.
Congrats on your Executive status!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter