2012 "What's on National's Emerald Aisle?"

A side. Lots of Altimas and campus on the exec aisle. Some maximal and chargers. One White Town & Country. W/111 miles on the odometer, leather and DVD player. Just the ticket for our drives to keg plans and Ft Lauderdale!

Reg aisle just had cars. No SUVs on either aisle and only the one minivan.

Arrived 10/26 around 5 pm - Emerald Aisle had sedans and a couple of Caravans and Executive had Camrys and a few Town and Country Minivans. We got a Caravan as we're only Emerald status ...

arrived 10/21 on A side there were 4 mini vans in the EA and a few smaller cars and a couple of small SUV's.

Arrived 10/26 9pm A-Side.

Malibus, Impalas, 3 Grand Caravans. We took a great Grand Caravan that made loading and unloading a breeze.

10/31 at 12:45pm, walked by and saw a Prius.

Thanks for the updates all.

Just had a great revelation tonight >> if you work for a company Don't forget to check if they have a deal with National. I was trying all ideas and found a code at work and it was fabulous. Can only use if I bring my work id so cannot share but something to remember, if you have offers at work don't forget to check.

mky :wizard:

Thanks for the updates all. Just had a great revelation tonight >> if you work for a company Don't forget to check if they have a deal with National. I was trying all ideas and found a code at work and it was fabulous. Can only use if I bring my work id so cannot share but something to remember, if you have offers at work don't forget to check. mky :wizard:

Excellent advice!! We have that benefit where I work for leisure rentals and I know it was at least 50% and I was even able to add a coupon. However, this time we are flying in and out of TPA. It was way cheaper than MCO and more than paid for the rental with money to spare. Hope TPA has, again, some nice choices for us!

My cousin arrived on the A side, 11/6/12 at 10:30am and snagged a grand caravan off the aisle! He didn't tell me what else was available, but was happy with his "find"!:car:

Arrived 10/26 9pm A-Side.

Malibus, Impalas, 3 Grand Caravans. We took a great Grand Caravan that made loading and unloading a breeze.

10/31 at 12:45pm, walked by and saw a Prius.

I arrived on 10/31 at 1:30 and saw that same Prius, I think!

I didn't look too hard, but saw several Grand Caravans, Impalas, and the Prius. I think there was an Altima too. There were also a few Town and Countries, and we took one of those.

Slim pickings last night on the A side. We got to the emerald isle around 9pm and there was only three cars available to choose from......luckily one of the three, was a brand new 310 mile Impala LTZ. We hopped in that and headed off to OKW. Good thing my husband is a Chevy/Ford guy.....he was happy with a brand new Impala....even though a lot of people would not have been.

Can you get a car off the midsize aisle if you don't see anything on the Emerald Aisle that you want?

First time poster, I appreciate all of the advice and tips on here. I'm heading to Disney next week and was hoping to take advantage of the EA in MCO.

You can call National customer service and have your EC number added to the reservation.

I got a car rental through a package deal I got Delta Airlines. The reservation confirmation came back to me xxxxxxxxxCOUNT. I called Emerald Club customer service and they said I could not add my EC # to the reservation as it was already "paid for".

Am I out of luck here? At the very least I would like to bypass the counter when I arrive in MCO.

Can you get a car off the midsize aisle if you don't see anything on the Emerald Aisle that you want?

On our last trip, the EA selection was just very large SUV's and minvans as the smaller stuff was picked clean. The rest of the National selection was also pretty thin. The National person couldn't let us pick from the very well stocked Enterprise row behind us, but took us over to the Alamo side and told us to pick anything we liked. We took a Kia Soul which only had 400 miles and it was very good on gas for the many drives we took around central Florida. We could also have chosen from standard sized fare including a few new Avalons, a few Altimas, and a few Malibus.

We picked up last night on the A side around 10:30pm. We are executive aisle members so we chose a Suburban, there were 2 other suburbans, several Volvo XC90s, Camrys, 300s, Mustangs.

The Regular aisle did not have anything that stuck out to us as out of the normal, no SUVs and No minivans, primarily Altimas, 200s... all sedans.

I think with the holiday week they are keeping the minivans on the minivan aisle due to volume. My parents selected around noon today and the selection was similar except they were able to grab a Ford Escape from regular aisle but the rest were all sedans at that time too.

We picked up last night on the A side around 10:30pm. We are executive aisle members so we chose a Suburban, there were 2 other suburbans, several Volvo XC90s, Camrys, 300s, Mustangs.

The Regular aisle did not have anything that stuck out to us as out of the normal, no SUVs and No minivans, primarily Altimas, 200s... all sedans.

I think with the holiday week they are keeping the minivans on the minivan aisle due to volume. My parents selected around noon today and the selection was similar except they were able to grab a Ford Escape from regular aisle but the rest were all sedans at that time too.

Nice, thanks for the update! :thumbsup2

For August 2013 I found both a minivan and a Cadillac for the same price $305 after tax using the KLM discount code, yes I am a member of their frequent flyer option

If we book a minivan do we choose from the minivan aisle only or if there is a full size SUV in the EA section can we choose that?
If we choose the Cadillac option do they actually have Cadillacs? What are the "similar" options for this car category?

Reading through some of the previous posts it seems that you can only choose a car from the EA aisle only if you don't choose a specific car. If we choose a premium car does that fall under the cadillac? What do we have to choose for the minivan or are we better off selecting the minivan if that is what we really want

Thank you

For August 2013 I found both a minivan and a Cadillac for the same price $305 after tax using the KLM discount code, yes I am a member of their frequent flyer option

If we book a minivan do we choose from the minivan aisle only or if there is a full size SUV in the EA section can we choose that?
If we choose the Cadillac option do they actually have Cadillacs? What are the "similar" options for this car category?

Reading through some of the previous posts it seems that you can only choose a car from the EA aisle only if you don't choose a specific car. If we choose a premium car does that fall under the cadillac? What do we have to choose for the minivan or are we better off selecting the minivan if that is what we really want

Thank you

I have been told, though have no personal experience, that the people in the garage will allow you to take car from a category that is LESSER than what you reserved. That said, if you reserved a minivan, and saw something on the EA that you liked better, I would think they'd probably let you take it since the EA is with a mid-size reservation and a minivan is a higher category.

That said, if you need a minivan, I would reserve a minivan.

Can't answer your question about the caddy. I rented a premium once and got a very nice Avalon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter