2012? No Problem...but when?

You two better watch out, or I'll recruit you to do my stuff. :rotfl2:

As a bonus, I finally bought a few shirts today (Target clearance $3/ea) so I can start some simple appliques... I don't think I will have the time to do anything super fancy??? :lovestruc

D~

You mean the things you do AREN'T Super fancy?

Nini

You mean the things you do AREN'T Super fancy?

Nini

LOL... No... I just mean that these T-shirts are going to be super quicky non-fancy tshirts with the simplest appliques ever, unless I manage to find more time somewhere. :wizard: I just wanna get them done so I don't have to worry about doing them anymore.

D~

We miss the days we could just take our kids out of school and call this an educational trip, to take advantage of free dining and smaller crowds. Our 2 oldest are now in HS and they can only miss so many days. Our schools let out after 1 week in June and the 9th is our oldest DS Birthday. The crowds are manageable till about the 15th.
This will be our 4th trip in 6 years. WE LOVE IT. We have stayed at ASM, Pop, and POFQ. We have to get 2 rooms for the 5 of us, it is a better option than the suites for us because everyone has their own bed. We are going to stay at POFQ again this time cause we liked it so much. This trip will be 9 nights and 8 days in the parks. Still deciding between Plus and Deluxe dining, leaning toward Deluxe.
The first time down with kids we received 3 sit down meals a day with the DDP, and used the meals as a nice 1.5 hour escape from the crowds, and even with small children we were able to spend extended times in the Parks. Looking at Deluxe now that the kids are older to use the TS meals at Signature Dining areas.
If it is your first trip down and even if it is not, take a look at the tips as new ones are always added and we never fail to pick up a new tip to use. I secretly enjoy this part of the planning.

OIK...the old way of doing the pillowcase type of quilts was called 'birthing a quilt' I'm sure you will be able to see the similarities! LOL!~ That was the way I was taught to do them...and then we tied them as opposed to quilting them. It didn't take too many King sized quilt to determine that wasn't going to work for me!

Birthing. That's interesting. I finished my first quilt and started my second one yesterday. I think this one will be MUCH more forgiving because there are only 16 squares and they get trimmed before sewing them together.

Still, I'm sure I can find a way to mess it up.

My DD11 and I poured over all the breakfast menus of all the TS restaurants over the weekend. We decided we like the menu from Tusker House the best, so we will be going with the plan of having breakfast there on one of our Animal Kingdom days (using up the extra TS we will have since we are eating CS on our first night there)

Haven't done that. I go back and forth between wanting to do a breakfast buffet. Last year on my COLDEST and WETTEST day I arrived at MK during the height of the deluge and was able to get seated and warmed up at Cyrstal Palace without a reservation. I'm guessing a lot of people stayed away, but the rain came the hardest while I was on the bus so I was commited. (No comments from D~!)

We 'cheat' on our CS meals. OK, we don't really cheat, since we are paying for the dining plan and can use them the way we want! We get two meals and split between me and the two kids. Since Mr D doesn't drink with his meal, we don't even need an extra drink (but we do get a cup of ice water just in case) and the three of us still have too much to eat! So we are able to 'save' one credit each meal. We either use these 'saved' meals as breakfast in the parks. For that, we usually get only 2 breakfasts for all 4 people. Then any credits left, we eat a CS breakfast at our resort on the morning we leave.

GREAT idea. I guess one of the disadvantages of going solo is that there's no one to share with.

oh I have loads of ideas and no time or energy lately.

We might have to form our own sewing circle like Aimee G and Leslie are doing getting ready for their trip in a few weeks:lmao:

You two better watch out, or I'll recruit you to do my stuff. :rotfl2:

As a bonus, I finally bought a few shirts today (Target clearance $3/ea) so I can start some simple appliques... I don't think I will have the time to do anything super fancy??? :lovestruc

D~

:lmao: I don't think you can do anything NOT Fancy. I bet even your simple designs will be awesome.

We might have to form our own sewing circle like Aimee G and Leslie are doing getting ready for their trip in a few weeks:lmao:

I wish we would have thought of that a few months ago...

:lmao: I don't think you can do anything NOT Fancy. I bet even your simple designs will be awesome.

Thanks... I am stumped on one right now though...

D~

I wish we would have thought of that a few months ago...

Thanks... I am stumped on one right now though...

D~

We probably should. I am starting to feel stressed but first I have to finish the scooby doo outfit and do the one I have planned for his present. going to cut that out before work today I think.

Hi Nini,
I just discovered what a PTR was a few days ago...this afternoon I clicked on yours and just finished reading through it. What an amazing woman/mother/and wife you are! After reading your story about your family I just wanted to send you a {{{hug}}}.
I agree with your Dis friends - that you don't give yourself enough credit for your creations. They are beautiful! I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip to WDW and that you will share your photos with us.
Guess I had better get off the computer and finish my project (organizing all my fabric that seems to be in a lot of different containers and places. Trying to make a sewing area in the corner of one of the bedrooms.)
Sheila

Oops! I forgot to mention in my other post that I have a bulging disk in my neck so I know what you mean about hanging bags across the shoulder. When we were at WDW in 2010 I carried a small backpack (10" h, 9" w, and 5" d) I was able to carry my camera, $ and pass in it easily. When we went on a ride I just slipped it off my back and looped it around my leg so I could hold onto a gdaughter that was riding with me:) Maybe you could try something like that? Just a thought.
Sheila

We probably should. I am starting to feel stressed but first I have to finish the scooby doo outfit and do the one I have planned for his present. going to cut that out before work today I think.

I'm thinking I need the accountability of a sewing report in!

Hi Nini,
I just discovered what a PTR was a few days ago...this afternoon I clicked on yours and just finished reading through it. What an amazing woman/mother/and wife you are! After reading your story about your family I just wanted to send you a {{{hug}}}.
I agree with your Dis friends - that you don't give yourself enough credit for your creations. They are beautiful! I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip to WDW and that you will share your photos with us.
Guess I had better get off the computer and finish my project (organizing all my fabric that seems to be in a lot of different containers and places. Trying to make a sewing area in the corner of one of the bedrooms.)
Sheila

Oops! I forgot to mention in my other post that I have a bulging disk in my neck so I know what you mean about hanging bags across the shoulder. When we were at WDW in 2010 I carried a small backpack (10" h, 9" w, and 5" d) I was able to carry my camera, $ and pass in it easily. When we went on a ride I just slipped it off my back and looped it around my leg so I could hold onto a gdaughter that was riding with me:) Maybe you could try something like that? Just a thought.
Sheila

Thanks Sheila...

Sometimes I feel like I am a fraud....people say nice things about me and they are exaggerations...I know it is a product of being taught not to be vain and 'haughty' (boy did I ever hear my grand mother's voice in that one!). I have problems taking compliments of any kind...but I also have problems with criticisms sometimes as well... I think it is official! I have PROBLEMS!! LOL!

I know I have been away from this report for some time now. I really want ot get back to it, but time has not been on my side. School is going a bit crazy again. Those things that I was sure he had mastered are giving him so many problems, and those things that were giving him problems are being done with ease! Sheeesh.

I know it is the nature of the injury, but it is getting so frustrating. I want him to learn, but I am beginning to doubt my ability to teach. Although I know that no one knows my child better than I do...and how he learns... but when I don't see any progress it bothers me.

The official countdown has begun!

Yesterday was the beginning of the monthly newsletters to my son and his family. Yesterday marked the 10 month point. We know they are going during the November time frame, we just don't know if we are going or not.

I also have the newsletter in a bit different format for my husband...but the problem is he never reads his email. Well, he might check it once a month! (Hey, he sent his first text a little over a month ago...and he has actually posted something on Facebook....baby steps!)

I have almost finished t shirts for one day at Animal Kingdom and one at Epcot. I love the Epcot design, but I am having stitch out issues. Of the three I have done, I do not love a single one. There is a good chance I may have to send Bubba to the spa (AKA repair shop) for a major tune up. His spa trips usually last for 2 weeks and cost around $150. It is currently not in the budget...not in money or time!

I so wish I had the magic crystal ball to know which set of dates we would be going. It would be so much easier to finalize the designs. If we go in Nov we will be wearing a lot of Christmasy designs...if not than we will be wearing regular Disney designs.

And, yes, I know I could just use regular Disney designs...but I really wanted to go in November ...partly just to wear the Christmas designs! LOL!

So, basically nothing new on the pre planning for the trip...just a lot of words to say nothing much...(so what is new with that?! LOL!)

Oh yeah...one important thing...Picnik is closing down! I am so bummed...it is the first photo site that will work for me and still allow me to post to the DIS. I am wondering if this means my pictures will disappear? Oh I hope not!

Nini

I'm thinking I need the accountability of a sewing report in!

Thanks Sheila...

Sometimes I feel like I am a fraud....people say nice things about me and they are exaggerations...I know it is a product of being taught not to be vain and 'haughty' (boy did I ever hear my grand mother's voice in that one!). I have problems taking compliments of any kind...but I also have problems with criticisms sometimes as well... I think it is official! I have PROBLEMS!! LOL!

I know I have been away from this report for some time now. I really want ot get back to it, but time has not been on my side. School is going a bit crazy again. Those things that I was sure he had mastered are giving him so many problems, and those things that were giving him problems are being done with ease! Sheeesh.

I know it is the nature of the injury, but it is getting so frustrating. I want him to learn, but I am beginning to doubt my ability to teach. Although I know that no one knows my child better than I do...and how he learns... but when I don't see any progress it bothers me.

The official countdown has begun!

Yesterday was the beginning of the monthly newsletters to my son and his family. Yesterday marked the 10 month point. We know they are going during the November time frame, we just don't know if we are going or not.

I also have the newsletter in a bit different format for my husband...but the problem is he never reads his email. Well, he might check it once a month! (Hey, he sent his first text a little over a month ago...and he has actually posted something on Facebook....baby steps!)

I have almost finished t shirts for one day at Animal Kingdom and one at Epcot. I love the Epcot design, but I am having stitch out issues. Of the three I have done, I do not love a single one. There is a good chance I may have to send Bubba to the spa (AKA repair shop) for a major tune up. His spa trips usually last for 2 weeks and cost around $150. It is currently not in the budget...not in money or time!

I so wish I had the magic crystal ball to know which set of dates we would be going. It would be so much easier to finalize the designs. If we go in Nov we will be wearing a lot of Christmasy designs...if not than we will be wearing regular Disney designs.

And, yes, I know I could just use regular Disney designs...but I really wanted to go in November ...partly just to wear the Christmas designs! LOL!

So, basically nothing new on the pre planning for the trip...just a lot of words to say nothing much...(so what is new with that?! LOL!)

Oh yeah...one important thing...Picnik is closing down! I am so bummed...it is the first photo site that will work for me and still allow me to post to the DIS. I am wondering if this means my pictures will disappear? Oh I hope not!

Nini

I am sorry that things aren't going as well with your DS and school. I think that all kids have their ups and downs, so I am sure that things will start to get better soon. I will bet that you are a wonderful teacher, and you just need to keep plugging along - please don't doubt your abilities. :lovestruc

I love your newsletter idea! :)

I heard about Picnik... I know that Google + is taking over Picniks features, so a lot of their stuff is transferring over. I would check into that.

D~

Holey Moley you have a lot going on in your life. I know I can't comprehend what it would be like to home school. I can see pros and cons, but obviously it's a completely different situation with your son.

My husband and I were talking about Disney this morning (and most mornings it seems to make it into our conversations). I'd like to go sometime for the Halloween stuff, for Christmas decorations, and sometime I'd be curious to go in the summer. And I'd like to stay at the Grand Flordian once, the Contemporary, the Polynesian, and even go camping at Fort Wilderness. So many dreams, so little money.

Are you able to enter the sweepstakes each day? I've only been able to enter once -- every other time I get an error message. How's a girl to get to WDW if the gods are against me? :rotfl2:

ARGHHH!!!

Our school district used to get the school calendar out and ready at the beginning of the school year. I could look at the calendar and know for two years when they would be out of school.

Last year, that all changed. They went to a longer day and fewer days calendar. For some reason, that made them unable to get a calendar out in a timely manner. For the current year, the calendar did not get finalized until the month before school was OUT! I have given up trying to determine when school was going to be out.

I always knew there would be a week to ten day fall break sometime in October, but it varied each year...no rhyme or reason.

They actually posted the school calendar for 2012-2013 two weeks AGO! On checking the calendar, I am seriously re-thinking my dates. They are out from the 19th through the Monday after my birthday. I am so seriously rethinking the dates....again!

Part of me knows they rarely offer free dining during the last 2 weeks of October. Part of me knows that a straight A student really shouldn't have to worry about missing school. I already have 2 different dates in mind...late Sept early Oct or Late Nov early Dec. I don't need to think about adding another October date to the mix!

Some body... please talk me down off the ledge! I'm sure my husband will shoot me if I approached him about another date!

Nini

Hey Nini, we went to the world this past October and happened to go the ONE week that they didn't offer free dining (bummer). The reason they didn't offer it was because of a major technology conference that is held at the Swan and Dolphin. It is called Gartner and I did a search and found this: Gartner Symposium/ITxpo will be held October 21-25, 2012 in Orlando, Florida at Walt Disney World resorts.

Most likely there will not be free dining offered during this time period, if that helps.

We ended up going those dates anyway because my kids had three 1/2 days that week. My daughter needs all the teacher time she can get but I figured it would be a slow week for the kids and my last chance to take them out of school before my DD hits middle school.

I love free dining, makes the trip so much cheaper - especially for when most of your family is considered adults. I think if your DD isn't going to have too much trouble making up the work I think you would be OK taking her out of school. I would be fairly confident that they will not offer free dining during the week of that conference since so many people attend and they don't have to offer discounts to fill the rooms. The parks were not crowded since the people were at conferences but there were no discounts for that time (except annual passholders).

For some reason our district does not do the fall break but I wish they would start.

I hope you get your dates figured out but it sounds like you have a good backup system in place.

PS - love your family newsletter idea.

ARGHHH!!!

Our school district used to get the school calendar out and ready at the beginning of the school year. I could look at the calendar and know for two years when they would be out of school.

Last year, that all changed. They went to a longer day and fewer days calendar. For some reason, that made them unable to get a calendar out in a timely manner. For the current year, the calendar did not get finalized until the month before school was OUT! I have given up trying to determine when school was going to be out.

Some body... please talk me down off the ledge! I'm sure my husband will shoot me if I approached him about another date!

Nini

ARGGGGHHH!!! is right. It's too much planning and too much $$$ to have everything so fuzzy.

Maybe the school district saw the title or your PTR and figure it wouldn't matter when they planned breaks??? :confused3

Sorry you are so stressed. I know what you mean about him knowing something one day and then having trouble with it the next. I could have written that post. School is frustrating for us too. It is hard to teach someone who constantly has to relearn.

I wish I had some great advice but like you, I am muddling through. I am always willing to listen though.

Nini I honestly don't know how you homeschool. It scares the bejesus out of me. I have thought about it several times but I am just petrified.

I can't believe you are trying another date. Hope you get it nailed down soon :)

Nini I honestly don't know how you homeschool. It scares the bejesus out of me. I have thought about it several times but I am just petrified.

I can't believe you are trying another date. Hope you get it nailed down soon :)

Homeschooling Luke terrified me and soemtimes I still worry I am not the best teacher but school was a nightmare and I know he is getting more from me than he did there. His behavior changed drastically. He was a wreck when he was in school, crying, tantrums daily, etc and now while he still has rough days they are not nearly as often. Maybe two or three a month. So much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter