2012? No Problem...but when?

Nini Hope you had a good visit.

yep love the electronics the kiddos have for the car.

I am going to have to check those Chilli Pads out.

Cherly ---> Nintendo DS are a life saver too:worship: Great for the airplane or trips to Maine:)

The chilly pads sound interesting. The last couple years I've had the opposite problem -- :cold:

Hope you had a good day with your father and step mother. :grouphug:

In car DVD players must be such a godsend. They weren't around when my kids were young. (We never drove to WDW, but went to the Jersey shore, Maine, etc. and family trips.)

Enjoy your day with family today. :)

D~

Have fun celebrating with your family Nini. I love Frog Togs.

Nini Hope you had a good visit.

yep love the electronics the kiddos have for the car.

First of all...thanks for the kind words...we had a GREAT time with my dad! We were supposed to take them out to eat, but they surprised us with a ham dinner. (of course they didn't know that my DD and her husband are vegetarian, but I don't think they even noticed that they didn't eat any!) The visit was much too short. It was the first time we had made the trip in 2 years. (they usually come to visit us)

Short back story (or as short as I can ever be!). The reason we don't go there has nothing to do with them. The road we have to travel on has bad memories for our family. A dear friend had an accident on the interstate (almost at my Dad's exit) the Sunday after Thanksgiving two years ago. Her two year old daughter was killed and she was paralyzed. There is a cross in the center of the highway for dear Helen, and it was a very somber experience to drive by there. Much the same as for the drive by the spot where my mom had her accident, with the difference being that I have to drive by it every day.

On the way home we all stopped to have dinner together...it was a really fun family trip!

In response to the electronics on a drive...Each kid had an IPod, at least one game system per child, There were two Kindles and I had my laptop! There was a movie playing in the back on the double DVD player...and hubby had the radio on! Basically just like home! LOL!

Seriously, we never leave the house without a game for Mr D. It helps him to cope when things get to 'much' for him.

Today I managed to get a quilt pieced. Which was a feat in itself! I could not find the pattern. After an hour of searching I almost decided it was time to organize the studio a bit better, but then thought better of it! LOL! Just as I was about to start a different project I found the pattern...sitting right where it was supposed to be...I swear I have gnomes living in my studio!

Nini

I am glad you had a wonderful visit Nini...

I am so sorry about having to drive past a scene that provokes bad memories, I can't imagine how difficult that must be for you. (((hugs)))

I am glad you found your quilt pattern though.

D~

I'm glad you had a great visit. :flower3: I'm sorry that the trip has painful memories. :guilty:

I sent the gnomes ... I thought you'd find it funny. :confused3

Just stumbled on your PTR. You are so very talented. You are going to have to share with me how you make your shirts. I really want to try that for our upcoming dec trip.

I am also a homeschooling mommy of a special needs child. I brought my son Luke home at 4, first as his foster parent and finally as his adoptive mom. He came from a less than perfect situation. He has autism and instead of teaching him to cope his birth family believed in beating it out of him. He also has a TBI from the abuse as well as some hearing loss, arthritis from injuries, and emotional scars.

Enough about me... cant wait to read all about your plans and see your amazing creations!

Just stumbled on your PTR. You are so very talented. You are going to have to share with me how you make your shirts. I really want to try that for our upcoming dec trip.

I am also a homeschooling mommy of a special needs child. I brought my son Luke home at 4, first as his foster parent and finally as his adoptive mom. He came from a less than perfect situation. He has autism and instead of teaching him to cope his birth family believed in beating it out of him. He also has a TBI from the abuse as well as some hearing loss, arthritis from injuries, and emotional scars.

Enough about me... cant wait to read all about your plans and see your amazing creations!

Oh my... that is so very sad. :guilty: Your poor ds - I just can't believe that parents could do that to their own child. He is very lucky to have a mom like you who is loving him and helping him learn to cope. :grouphug:

D~

I am glad you had a wonderful visit Nini...

I am so sorry about having to drive past a scene that provokes bad memories, I can't imagine how difficult that must be for you. (((hugs)))

I am glad you found your quilt pattern though.

D~

I was really wondering if I was going to find it! I guess that is why I love e patterns so much. If I misplace my printed copy I can just pull it up on the laptop! (not that I ever misplace things of course!)

I'm glad you had a great visit. :flower3: I'm sorry that the trip has painful memories. :guilty:

I sent the gnomes ... I thought you'd find it funny. :confused3

I knew SOMEONE had sent them! LOL! You may have them back whenever you want them!

Welcome!

So sorry about your son. Don't get me started on birth families!

I have an embroidery machine that does most of the work for me. I buy the designs from very talented designers and then let the machine do its thing! It is a ton easier than the way D~ does it!

Oh my... that is so very sad. :guilty: Your poor ds - I just can't believe that parents could do that to their own child. He is very lucky to have a mom like you who is loving him and helping him learn to cope. :grouphug:

D~

I've always said there should be some sort of a test you have to take before you are allowed to have a child! Our Birth mother thought she should get the kids back ...because they were 'hers'!!! Like a toy to mistreat, beat, starve, and then lock away in a room until you are ready to play with them again!

Going to my happy place!

I have been a very busy girl today...and none of it was Disney related! I have a niece that is expecting her second child any day now, (a boy this time) I promised her a quilt...and then she lost out on her bid for the onesies I had posted for Barbara's auction so I promised to make her some....then she made a comment about how hard it is to find burpies...so I am making her some of those! I've got the quilt pieced, two burpies and two onesies finished. Tomorrow I will put the quilt on the frame (and hopefully get it quilted) then make another set of onesises and burpies...and the gift is done!

I love new babies!

Nini

Oh I am so sorry. My Ds is on the spectrum and I couldn't imagine beating a child. I swear people need to be beat down for harming innocent children.

We have been on a wild roller coaster ride the past few days around here!

My son and DIL have been wanting to take a quick trip to Disney. My DIL's birthday is next week, and they really wanted to take a 'no kids' trip. It wasn't in the cards. After planning it a million times they gave up.

Then, my son's boss got the email about the leap day specials (buy 3 days get a 4th free) They were really excited about that one...so they worked with a TA trying to find one that would work. Somehow, the way Disney puts it...it seems like a much better deal than it actually is. First of all the Disney site wouldn't let him price one without having at least 6 days...then when he called Disney, they said they were all booked up.

Then, my SON got the same email. His reasoning is, if they have sold all the room s for the special, why are they still advertising it?

So, that is when he called the TA.

When my son was pricing it out on his own, he was just pricing a 3 day trip and then figuring how much to add the QS dining to it for an extra day...he was coming up in the 750 range. The TA was coming up with a 1200 range. Same resort.

They still went back and forth a million times before finally deciding not to go. They are both bummed. I am a little bummed as well, since the Grand Princess was going to spend the week with me.

(of course, they have now decided to go with us for our trip)

To those of you who embroider with a machine, this will mean something to you. To every one else... not so much!

I have been wanting to purchase the Embird software for months! It has always been only slightly out of reach. By that I mean I always seem to have only a little over half of the 144 left over each month to get it. I have used the free version and LOVE it.

Well, this month I had 150 left over after all bills were paid and grocery bought. I was so happy...until I realized that that if any small emergency came up I would be up the creek...so I decided to put on my big girl panties and forget it. Then my son came over yesterday and paid me 50 towards the gas money they are supposed to be giving me for picking up my Grand Princess from Pre K each day.

That little boost gave me a small bit of a breathing room for emergencies. (and my emergencies I mean things like running out of milk or bread...nothing major. That would come out of hubby's money!)

So, last night, before heading to mid week Bible Study, I made the plunge and purchased it!

I can now add names to all my designs. I can now merge two designs together and get the best of both designs. I know it is not a huge thing to you...but to me it is mega!

In fact, I am on my way down to the studio to play with my new toy...after I finish the quilt for my niece and the two Disney shirts that I am behind on and .....

Nini

Bummer about the trip and some quality time with the Grand Princess....

Awesome about Embird though... YOu know I don't embroider (yet), but I listen to your advice and recommendations thoroughly - so this could potentially mean a lot to me in the future. LOL

Have fun playing with your new toy! :)

D~

That is great Nini about you finally being able to purchase Embrid. I have thought about trying the free trial. I find StitchEra a bit confusing, I also am trying to find something that will work on my Mac since I would eventually like to transfer all my files there.

Sorry your son and DIL couldn't work out the Disney trip.

To those of you who embroider with a machine, this will mean something to you. To every one else... not so much!

So, last night, before heading to mid week Bible Study, I made the plunge and purchased it!

I can now add names to all my designs. I can now merge two designs together and get the best of both designs. I know it is not a huge thing to you...but to me it is mega!

In fact, I am on my way down to the studio to play with my new toy...after I finish the quilt for my niece and the two Disney shirts that I am behind on and .....

Nini

I'll be interested to see how it goes. I don't really sew enough to justify buying it, but I seem to have bought a lot of other stuff I don't sew enough to justify buying, so we'll see! :rotfl2:

That is great Nini about you finally being able to purchase Embrid. I have thought about trying the free trial. I find StitchEra a bit confusing.

I agree!

I'll be interested to see how it goes. I don't really sew enough to justify buying it, but I seem to have bought a lot of other stuff I don't sew enough to justify buying, so we'll see! :rotfl2:

I agree!

Bummer about the trip and some quality time with the Grand Princess....

Awesome about Embird though... YOu know I don't embroider (yet), but I listen to your advice and recommendations thoroughly - so this could potentially mean a lot to me in the future. LOL

Have fun playing with your new toy! :)

D~

That is great Nini about you finally being able to purchase Embrid. I have thought about trying the free trial. I find StitchEra a bit confusing, I also am trying to find something that will work on my Mac since I would eventually like to transfer all my files there.

Sorry your son and DIL couldn't work out the Disney trip.

I have used the free version of SEU for over a year. Even after someone writing out the directions EXACTLY on how to do something...I had problems getting it to work right. It was counter-intuitive. I mean who in their right mind would think you had to push the lightning bolt in order to get the design to 'work". And that was after you had spent hours and hours just trying to add a name to a design!

Embird is so easy ...I can merge two designs, take out parts of one I don't like and add a name in just a couple minutes time. I'm sure that after I get a little more used to it I will find it even easier to use!

I have finally finished the birthday gift for my niece (and the baby is due today....nothing like waiting to the last minute! LOL!) As soon as Flickr finishes loading the pictures I will give you guys a sneak peak...I really want to post them on Facebook, but since the Mom hasn't seen them yet, I guess I better wait!

(of course if I wouldn't try to upload a full month's of my allowance at one sitting it probably wouldn't take so long!

First up a couple of the onesies I made for Mr Trey...

6685027703_eb5c7f5b58.jpg
[/url] dress etc 024 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Next, is a couple of the burp cloths I made. Hard to see but they are all lined with flannel.

6685023785_cea3f281ce.jpg
[/url] dress etc 023 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

And now a picture of his quilt....oops...I didn't seem to get a finished picture of the quilt, so how about a picture of the almost finished quilt with all the other 'stuff' on top...

6685031259_87551ea8a3.jpg
[/url] dress etc 040 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Now, just for fun, I'll post one more picture of the latest Grace dress I completed...no particular reason to include this other than I love my new dress form and just like to show it off! LOL!

6684975719_5a9ed745b5.jpg
[/url] dress outside 017 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nini

PS...I'll have to clean these pictures up a wee bit later. Gotta run to therapy in a bit!

Nini, I just love the teeny tiny baby items - that quilt is insanely gorgeous!!! No words to even describe how beautiful it is. And I absolutely love the Grace dress. :)

D~

Nini those are just so cute, the dress is just gorgeous and I adore your dress form

Nini love all your creations and really love that new dress form.

(of course, they have now decided to go with us for our trip)
Nini

:scared1:

I have been wanting to purchase the Embird software for months! It has always been only slightly out of reach. By that I mean I always seem to have only a little over half of the 144 left over each month to get it. I have used the free version and LOVE it.

Well, this month I had 150 left over after all bills were paid and grocery bought. I was so happy...until I realized that that if any small emergency came up I would be up the creek...so I decided to put on my big girl panties and forget it. Then my son came over yesterday and paid me 50 towards the gas money they are supposed to be giving me for picking up my Grand Princess from Pre K each day.

That little boost gave me a small bit of a breathing room for emergencies. (and my emergencies I mean things like running out of milk or bread...nothing major. That would come out of hubby's money!)

Nini

Hmmm.... I have Stitch Era and can't get it to work either. Maybe I will have to look into Embrid because I wish I could combine names too.

:rotfl2: Same here. I keep buying patterns and fabric:rolleyes1 that I have no use for but I just can't stop myself:lmao:

Wow, the quilt is gorgeous. The colors are so bright and cheerful but doesn't seem too babyish so it will be enjoyed for a lifetime. The little onesies are so cute and that Grace dress is amazing. It looks so beautiful on your dress form.

First up a couple of the onesies I made for Mr Trey...

6685027703_eb5c7f5b58.jpg
[/url] dress etc 024 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Next, is a couple of the burp cloths I made. Hard to see but they are all lined with flannel.

6685023785_cea3f281ce.jpg
[/url] dress etc 023 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

And now a picture of his quilt....oops...I didn't seem to get a finished picture of the quilt, so how about a picture of the almost finished quilt with all the other 'stuff' on top...

6685031259_87551ea8a3.jpg
[/url] dress etc 040 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Now, just for fun, I'll post one more picture of the latest Grace dress I completed...no particular reason to include this other than I love my new dress form and just like to show it off! LOL!

6684975719_5a9ed745b5.jpg
[/url] dress outside 017 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nini

PS...I'll have to clean these pictures up a wee bit later. Gotta run to therapy in a bit!

Love the shirts, burp cloths, dress and quilt. What material did you use for the quilt? I can't tell if it's other than cotton or if it just looks like something different because of the quilting.

Yesterday I started sewing the binding on my quilt. My hand only likes to hold a need for short periods of time.

Nini, I just love the teeny tiny baby items - that quilt is insanely gorgeous!!! No words to even describe how beautiful it is. And I absolutely love the Grace dress. :)

D~

Thanks...those onesies are not always fun....so tiny you have to sit and hold it so that the fabric doesn't get eaten by the machine. My arthritis doesn't let me do that for more than a few minutes... and most of the designs take a wee bit more time! LOL!

Nini those are just so cute, the dress is just gorgeous and I adore your dress form

My daughter named the dress form Alexandra. (when I put on boys stuff the name changes to Alex!) I am already trying to justify getting another size! It is almost like dressing dolls!

Nini love all your creations and really love that new dress form.

:scared1:

Hmmm.... I have Stitch Era and can't get it to work either. Maybe I will have to look into Embrid because I wish I could combine names too.

:rotfl2: Same here. I keep buying patterns and fabric:rolleyes1 that I have no use for but I just can't stop myself:lmao:

To show you how easy the Embird is to use...on my Animal Kingdom shirt. I used the tree of life from one designer and then took another designers wording and added them together. Took all of 5 minutes. Would have been a lot less, but I was trying to do it on a tiny netbook. my screen wasn't big enough to see what I was doing. Today I needed to change the way the wording on something I was doing for a customer and it took just a couple of seconds (literally) to change the font around so that it looked more like what was in my mind's eye! I love that software...almost (but not quite) enough to learn how to digitize...

Wow, the quilt is gorgeous. The colors are so bright and cheerful but doesn't seem too babyish so it will be enjoyed for a lifetime. The little onesies are so cute and that Grace dress is amazing. It looks so beautiful on your dress form.

Thanks...the new mom wanted blues and greens with frogs and dragonflys. Personally I think my dragon fly ended up more like a butterfly, but hopefully she likes it. Now I just have to figure out how to get it to her before Mr Trey makes his entrance into the world... her OB said it was only a matter of hours!

Love the shirts, burp cloths, dress and quilt. What material did you use for the quilt? I can't tell if it's other than cotton or if it just looks like something different because of the quilting.

Yesterday I started sewing the binding on my quilt. My hand only likes to hold a need for short periods of time.

Thanks Cheryl... the quilt was actually started with one of those fat quarter packs from WalMart... and then I added a few to it. The pack only had 7 FQs and I needed 9. The first extras I bought didn't work right after I got home...they were more purple. So I ended up getting way too much fabric! (so what is new with that!)

You could not pay me enough to put a binding on a quilt by HAND! Binding is my least favorite part of the whole process. I would only use a machine.... I used to use my quilter, but when you do that you can only put the binding on one way...and I like to sew the top on last. That way it hides more mistakes!

A little of Disney drama...I decided I do not like the TA we are stuck with. I really want to go back to my old one...but she won't take another agent's trip (some people do have morals!!) So, I decided to go straight to Disney and see what I could do. The only way Disney can take it back is if the TA will send me the right form so I can delete her. How much you want to bet she is going to drag her feet on it!?!?

So hoping for free dining in November so I don't have to deal with this!

That is enough complaining! Only happy thoughts!

Nini

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter