• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

Got through at 7. got a message saying 15 minute hold. still on hold 45 minutes later.

I got an agent right at 7:00. He however HUNG UP on me, when I told him I didn't want to connect the reservations to our hotel. His exact words, "if you are not going to let me go my job" click. Took 27 minutes with 3 phones to get back through, said the wait time is 45 minutes. I am livid.

Horrid behavior on the agent's part. I say I am staying offsite.

Called at 7:00. I'm not sure how long my wait was because it went spanish right after "your estimated wait time is...." LOL. Maybe 5 or 6 minutes later, got a live voice.

The only thing I missed out on was Robert Irvine. Hoped for it, but didn't expect it.

I did get:

Sunday 10/21 Tequila Lunch
Monday 10/22 Culinary Demo-Oscar Prieto
Tuesday 10/23Culinary Demo-Bill Clark, Grand Floridian
Wednesday 10/24 Italian Regional Lunch 12:00
Culinary Demo-Tony Charbonnet 5:00
Mixology 6:00

I'm happy! Off the phone at 7:26am

On hold for 30 min. and my cell phone dropped the call. Really? Back to speed dialing. I did make 3D Dessert party on line but no option for sweet seats.

After 35 minutes on hold (called right at 7) I got through on my cell...Ironically enough, I was also dialing from my desk phone and got through the prompts to a person at the same time...SO after 35 minutes I had TWO people...Doesn't seem very efficient, though I'm not complaining as I got all that I wanted...

10/6 Italian Regional Lunch
10/7 Mexico Tequila Lunch
10/7 - Grand Marnier, Taste Shake and Indulge

the 7th should be an interesting day for us!! I think we'll need naps :goodvibes

On hold for 30 min. and my cell phone dropped the call. Really? Back to speed dialing. I did make 3D Dessert party on line but no option for sweet seats.

Can you upgrade them? I am thinking on doing this bu tI really want those sweet seats.

Got pfts on the 20th wvr - only a short trip this year - so only 1 event - we're taking another couple and they wanted to splurge.

I finally got through...but the prompt sounded like the one for the Dining line (I definitely dialed the FEST number) is this right??

Called at 7:00 (4:00 my time!!) was told 30 minutes wait. Call was answered in about 12! Booked:
10/12 3D Dessert Sweet Seats
10/20 PFTS Reserved Seating
10/21 Discovery of Grand Marnier.

Paid with my Disney Gift Cards, completed survey and his End Call at 30 minute mark! I'm very happy!! And now hopefully back to sleep!!

I wished I found this thread yesterday!!! I wouldn't have been so concerned about getting the $14 Robert Irvine since someone posted before today that he was sold out already. We are seeing him near Phili in Sept already so we didn't want the $160/ticket.

This is our first time. Can't wait to see what the festival is all about! We are doing the 3D Dessert Party and the Hearty Boys culinary demonstration. Starting off small since it's our first time.

Horrid behavior on the agent's part. I say I am staying offsite.

I'm staying somewhere different for each event. I told the agent this, so she asked my first and last name, and ZIP code, and within 15 seconds had all my contact information, so it actually saved me time.

Before she signed off, she told me she's been with the company for 30 years, so experience must count for something.

Yes. Both lines go to the same queue.

I am approaching an hour on hold.

Thanks. I was told the wait would be "over 45 minutes" when I finally got through (after dialing more than 50 times!!) But that's fine. I'm driving to my parents place this morning, so I'll be in the car for almost 2 hours...now I just get to listen to Disney music :laughing:
Here's hoping my phone won't drop the call... :rolleyes:

Waited 40 minutes and got everything we wanted!!!!!:banana:

10/30 Italy Food and Beer Pairing
10/31 Italian Regional Lunch
11/1 Flying Fish - Culinary Adventures in Signature Dingin
11/3 Party for the Senses

SMorgan711 said:
On hold for 46 minutes.. Sooooon right?? lol

Yep -still on hold myself - the call aw disconnected on my house phone so had to use the cell. About 40 mins now and waiting.....

now at 49 minutes of the 30 minute hold time- could probably use a tequilla lunch today...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter