• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

Since the canadian booth is going to have the cheddar cheese soup and filet is there a reason to keep a lunch reservation if thats what I was planning on getting anyway? :confused3
There's a big difference between snacking at an outdoor booth in the hot sun and having a relaxing table service meal with all the other menu options.

Since the canadian booth is going to have the cheddar cheese soup and filet is there a reason to keep a lunch reservation if thats what I was planning on getting anyway? :confused3

Based on the previous year's kiosk serving size and price, I'd wait until your LC lunch to get the soup and filet. The kiosk is a decent alternative if you don't want a reservation, but you don't get very much.

There's a big difference between snacking at an outdoor booth in the hot sun and having a relaxing table service meal with all the other menu options.

Based on the previous year's kiosk serving size and price, I'd wait until your LC lunch to get the soup and filet. The kiosk is a decent alternative if you don't want a reservation, but you don't get very much.

Well this assumes you find sitting on top of the table next to you while being overcharged "relaxing"

I would do the kiosk and,skip the overpriced resturant.

Bumping my question...

How long do wine tastings last? And anyone have feedback on Heitz Wine Cellars? I see someone above would be willing to pay for PFTS if they are there. I assume it means they are outstanding?

I have seen and read different times for calling tomorrow (for TIW/AP/DVC).

I'm not sure if it's 7am, 8am or 9am?? DVCmember.com does say 8am for member services, but I thought I'd read 7am for 407 WDW FEST??

Can anyone confirm? Thanks so much for any help!! We are only reserving a couple demos so we hope to get them!

Excited to finalize our plans!!!

Lisa

Question about the mixology seminars. During our visit Troy and Sons are there for two days and Remy Cognac is there for two days also. Will they be mixing the same drinks the both nights they are there?

Bumping my question...

How long do wine tastings last?

The Beverage Seminars in the Festival Center are supposed to last 40-45 minutes. They usually do. The actual time can be as little as 30 minutes or over one hour (if the speaker doesn't know when to shut up). The Disney cast members will try to wrap up seminars that run too long because they need enough time to set up for the next one.

And anyone have feedback on Heitz Wine Cellars?
It's a higher-end Napa Valley winery. I don't recall ever drinking their wine, but I would imagine it's similar to the wine from other higher-end Napa Valley wineries.

I see someone above would be willing to pay for PFTS if they are there. I assume it means they are outstanding?
It's a matter of what you like. There are clearly many people who love it. Then there are those of use who prefer sit-down, table-service wine dinners for a similar price.

WeeVee said:
Reserved seating in the main room is new this year so no one really knows the exact difference, except maybe the festival planners and I'm not sure that even they know yet.

In previous years the Wine View Lounge had those things you mentioned; open bar, I don't remember dessert but it does have a nice cheese assortment table, specially etched wine glass (Wine View Lounge and date), and a gift bag with some very token items. Of course that does not mean it will be the same this year.

Well, I'm interpolating that the Reserved section is like.y at a table with a number of others, since it's not "private" as in the lounge, but I'm trying to figure what the $200 bump/couple could possibly include, since just the cheese and bar doesn't quite seem to add up...but ya never know!

Since you were there previously, could you tell me, was champagne available around (other than the welcome) or primarily just wines and cocktails?

Since you were there previously, could you tell me, was champagne available around (other than the welcome) or primarily just wines and cocktails?

Yes, there was champagne being poured at the table but I don't remember the label. My experience with Disney is ask nicely and you usually receive. What one gets for the extra money will never be a good value at this event. It's just a matter of choice.

princessmurdough said:
Well, I'm interpolating that the Reserved section is like.y at a table with a number of others, since it's not "private" as in the lounge, but I'm trying to figure what the $200 bump/couple could possibly include, since just the cheese and bar doesn't quite seem to add up...but ya never know!

When we did Wine View the 1st year it was available , the opening drink was a cocktail with a hibiscus flower in it. The Wine View had Pommery poured. This was when Pommery was the champagne poured in the France pavilion. You also got a gift bad and a special glass.

We are looking at the Flying Fish Wine dinner on Nov 1st. There are a couple of picky eaters in our group. I'm ready for anything at the Flying Fish but the picky eaters in our group would like to know what kind of food to expect at this dinner. I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Can anyone estimate how long the mixology seminars are? I would like to do one but wonder if I will be able to make it back to see the last "eat to the beat" concert

We are looking at the Flying Fish Wine dinner on Nov 1st. There are a couple of picky eaters in our group. I'm ready for anything at the Flying Fish but the picky eaters in our group would like to know what kind of food to expect at this dinner. I'd greatly appreciate your help.

IMHO, Picky Eaters should avoid these type of meals. They are a set menu not a "pick what I like" type and the chefs tend to use them to indulge themselves.

I did a chef's table dinner a few years ago with several couples and one woman was just miserable because "I don't eat that" at every course. (Her DH was happy as he ate twice, but he finally did tell her to shut up as the rest of us didn't care that she was not happy LOL!)

I found this on the Disney Food Blog for one of their wine dinners. Might give you an idea
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/01/16/news-flying-fish-cafe-offers-february-wine-dinner/

There will be plenty of availability on Tuesday, Aug. 14 for most seminars and demos.

The only exception might be some well-known, TV celebrity presenters. Even then, Disney is likely to hold back some inventory for Tuesday.

In addition, some inventory for all seminars and demos is held back for sale at the Festival Center on the day of the event.

Thank you for the encouraging words! :goodvibes. Now I wonder, reserve online, or call in?:scratchin

Mixology seminars run about 45 minutes to an hour as well?

Unfortunately, menus for the signature dinners are generally not released ahead of time. If you don't eat meat or something like that they MAY be able to do substitutions but it's going to be a last-minute request. Allergies are usually accommodated.

Flying Fish has been releasing them for their private dinners, but not this far ahead, and a signature dining event is not refundable.

Can anyone estimate how long the mixology seminars are? I would like to do one but wonder if I will be able to make it back to see the last "eat to the beat" concert

They are about 45 minutes long so they would end about 6:45 to 7 (a lot of them run long since they're the last event of the day). So you can get back to the America Gardens theater for the 8 PM show. It's a long walk back there but it shouldn't take an hour.

PS: Deminar schedule links (culinary, beverage and mixology) are in the first post now.

I would also suggest that picky eaters should avoid Signature Wine Dinners.

For adventuresome "foodies," such dinners are wonderful. The chef typically tries the wines that the winery is presenting ahead of time and develops courses that pair well with those wines. You might get raw fish, creatively-prepared shellfish, rare lamb, duck confit, or other dishes that many picky eaters would not enjoy.

I would recommend going to Flying Fish on a different evening and ordering from the menu and wine list. That way, it's much more likely that everyone will be happy.

I added a list of "celebrity" chefs to the first post. They're just the ones I recognize, there might be others I don't know who've done some TV or something.

You Buddy Valastro fans - note his demos are on a Tuesday - if you've got TIW/AP/DVC you can get $2 off.

I added a list of "celebrity" chefs to the first post. They're just the ones I recognize, there might be others I don't know who've done some TV or something.

You Buddy Valastro fans - note his demos are on a Tuesday - if you've got TIW/AP/DVC you can get $2 off.

Can't thank you enough for maintaining this thread and organizing all the info we need in one place!!:thumbsup2

Couple of questions...

I want to book a demo (Robert Irvine) and the 3D Dessert Party.

1) Can only the demo be booked early on the 10th, 3D not until the 14th?

1a) Can the early booking only be done via phone? I'm all 3 AP/DVC/TIW, do you think it matters to call the FEST or DVC line at 8:00?

2) Assuming 3D can't be booked until the 14th, I read that can be booked online and phone. Will the booking for the 3D be on the main dining page, look on the F&W page for a link??

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter