2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
While not quite double digits I can this...

:cheer2:3 weeks!!!:cheer2:

And after the month I've had/coming up this will be the most needed vacation I think I have EVER taken!

Anyone get a good one? I am prob over thinking my room requests to be sure!
But of anyone had a good standard view location and view could you let me know? Have any pics from balcony?

At first I thought to request high floor near BC end. No roof view.

Now I'm just thinking to ask high floor, no roof, best view possible!

I know I'm not the only one out there who agonizes over rooms :rotfl:

We had a view with Tennis Courts while at YC. yes, there were roofs also, but it not a bad view considering it was Standard!!

While not quite double digits I can this...

:cheer2:3 weeks!!!:cheer2:

And after the month I've had/coming up this will be the most needed vacation I think I have EVER taken!

Another one with a close trip!!! I can't wait to see the Food and Wine one year. My baby is a sophomore, so in another 2 years I will be able to make it!!
The sacrifices I have to make for my kids!!

Just got back from BC this past Tuesday for 5 nights and booked our bounce back for 9/26-10/2 pixiedust: Already counting down the days!

Teena - Katie43901 and I saw you this weekend but were too shy to say anything! My DD was the lithe girl in the Jesse tutu costume on 10/14. As katie posted we will be returning in late september and will be sure to say HI!

209DD20E-89C0-428E-8ACB-CC566015C7C8-497-0000004B4CDB82AC.jpg

Hi all, we are headed to BCV on 11/3 for a week, anybody know when hurricane Hanna's is going to reopen? In the interim where can we get food and drinks near the pool?

Thanks!

Pixarmom - sorry you won't be with us but wow sounds like a great vacation year. 2014 may be the year we finally do the big "California trip". Our tentative plan is Disneyland (LA area), San Diego and San Fransisco. If we finally DO that trip I'll be pm'ing you for advice!

NM - So so sorry but I know your mom is at peace. How wonderful that you could be such a comfort to her and spend some special time together. I am thinking of you.

Morning Dee!!

Please add us to the list... April 21-28th staying at BC!! Can't wait!! Haven't been in over 8 years!! Celebrating our 15th year anniversary and also DH's birthday while we are there!! (Trying to figure out something special to do for him that day.)

Love reading this thread!! Thanks for great info, pictures and tips!! am addicted!! Lol

Hi MickeyAgain! We are also from CT and celebrated our 15th anniversary at YC in 2010. We went without the kids, so just sitting with peace and quiet was special to us! We also had a very nice dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Nothing better than celebrating something special at Disney!

Hi everyone...
Just an up date with a big hug and a thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

My Mom slipped away quietly this afternoon. It's a huge relief that she is free from the cancer. I'm actually very relieved. Through out this whole thing I was determined to keep a positive attitude and be successful in negotiating all the 'land mines' that accompany a situation like this.

We really got the chance to help take care of Mom like she always took care of us. The other thing that was good about the whole situation was that the family really came together. Before my Mom got sick we got so busy in our lives that we had a hard time getting together often enough. We really enjoy each others company and that came through during those long days at the hospital. We were that family at the hospital, you know, the one where
too many people are in the room and we are telling stories and laughing. My
Mom wouldn't have wanted it any other way and she let us know that.

One of the things that came out of this is that my family is planning a trip to Disney together. My Mom and Dad were planing on taking the grand kids to
WDW when the youngest was older and that didn't happen because of the
illness. My sister in law and I are working together to plan a trip where the
focus will be on my 5 year old Nephew and 3 year old Niece. Since my boys
are older and have been to WDW many more times this will be a really fun
way to go as a family group. I especially like the fact that we are planning a
little kid trip again which will get us out of our "older kids at Disney trip rut",
where we keep doing the same kinds of things and don't go off of the familiar
path.

I also can't thank every one here enough for the much needed distraction that
this thread provided when I was in the thick of it. It was great to come home
at night and tune in for another exciting BC/YC/BCV episode of the days
postings and questions and answers. It's always nice to see the same old same
olds and the new folks who are just discovering all the wonderful things about
the resort and the wonderful people who contribute to this thread

Thanks again for all the lovin and I'm sending some right back at ya!

:grouphug:
~NM

NM...I've been away from the thread for a little bit & just saw this. My thoughts & prayers go out to you and your entire family!

Hi everyone! Heading down to celebrate my 30th birthday in 13 days!!!! Haven't been on the DIS as much as previous trips, so I've just discovered this thread!!! Staying YC CL with my mom and brother (leaving Dh and DD home alone on this one!), planning on spending some quality time at F&W :) Disney outlet just opened down the street from me, so I'm definitely getting in the spirit!

Been away a LONG time!

1. So sorry Ninja Mom..but what a great attitude you have.:flower3:
2. Dee can you add me to the Be Our Guest List> I got a good deal for June from Magical Vacations...June 18 - June 25th. It is BC and I am bummed b/c YC totally sold out that week!!!!! You all know I am a YC girl...but I keep checking for cancellations....

thanks melissa

Teena - Katie43901 and I saw you this weekend but were too shy to say anything! My DD was the lithe girl in the Jesse tutu costume on 10/14. As katie posted we will be returning in late september and will be sure to say HI!

209DD20E-89C0-428E-8ACB-CC566015C7C8-497-0000004B4CDB82AC.jpg

Looking forward to meeting that little princess!!!!

Bob and I just had the most wonderful dinner at Artist Point!!!!!!! I sure do love that place!

Anyone get a good one? I am prob over thinking my room requests to be sure!
But of anyone had a good standard view location and view could you let me know? Have any pics from balcony?

At first I thought to request high floor near BC end. No roof view.

Now I'm just thinking to ask high floor, no roof, best view possible!

I know I'm not the only one out there who agonizes over rooms :rotfl:

When we went in March, I just requested a "Nice view". We were staying CL, so I automatically had the high floor. I think you should just ask for high floor, with nice view. Don't limit yourself by saying no roof.

Our view overlooked some parking lot and roofs, but it was still nice. We were just to the side of the porte cochere. The best part of the view was at night, when we could see Wishes. :goodvibes

In my trip report you will see a few posts with pics of the view. Here are some direct links to the daylight view and the night view.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44740787&postcount=63

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44804731&postcount=82

Bob and I just had the most wonderful dinner at Artist Point!!!!!!! I sure do love that place!

We love Artist Point too. Our first family trip to Disney was at WL. We loved it there and I still have a soft spot for it.

NinjaMom, I am just now seeing your post and I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Planning your trip with your extended family is going to be an excellent way to honor your Mother's memory! I don't know how many people are going or if you were planning on staying onsite or not, but we went with my husband's family several years ago and rented a house and condo in Windsor Hills. If you would like the owner's info, message me.

Even though it's a kid-centered trip, make sure you have time for a Grey Goose or Gran Marnier Slushie!

Teena and Janet, would love to hear more details! We have an ADR there in January. We're going to make it - we used to have ADRs there when we stayed at WL and always ended up canceling. But not this time!

Hi everyone! Heading down to celebrate my 30th birthday in 13 days!!!! Haven't been on the DIS as much as previous trips, so I've just discovered this thread!!! Staying YC CL with my mom and brother (leaving Dh and DD home alone on this one!), planning on spending some quality time at F&W :) Disney outlet just opened down the street from me, so I'm definitely getting in the spirit!

We leave in 13 days as well. During the trip I will be turning 35:banana::banana::banana: Well not exactly happy to be another year older but so excited to be at WDW and enjoying F&W as well as SAB time. That is our focus this trip:thumbsup2

:woohoo: So excited for you, and we're coming up right behind you!........ :woohoo:

Have fun. I have 13 days but am jumping out of my skin

:cheer2: 3 more sleeps!! :cheer2:

:cool1::cool1:

Teena how wonderful. Dh and I can not wait to say hi on 11/4:woohoo:

10/31 can not get here soon enough. I can not wait.... I keep changing my dining plans and DH keeps rolling his eyes. Doing photopass for the first time ever (thanks Dee) I just can not wait:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter