2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh MickeyT...thank you soooo much for this picture!!!

We check into the YC CL for the first time on the 21st and are super excited. We won't be getting this view unfortunately (we have phoned so many times trying to upgrade but it's been impossible with the huge convention taking place at the same time we are there - both BC and YC are totally booked) so I'm thinking if I blow up this picture to poster size and pin it to the curtains in my standard view room, it will hide my view of the parking lot and make me believe I have the lagoon view I so wanted!!!

Am soooo excited for the next 9 nine days to hopefully fly by because just being anywhere in the BC/YC will be fantastic :woohoo:

I think the YC is completely sold out for that week and the week after!

So apparently I'm having dreams about a resort I've yet to stay in!

Twice so far I've had dreams about the BC... and this last one I dreamed DBF and I were upgraded to a suite. I know, I know... it's just a dream but hey maybe I'm psychic and don't even know it! :rotfl:

And in my little countdown... one month from today and it's MK day!

Anyone want to go for a spin?

DSCN0530.jpg

I think the YC is completely sold out for that week and the week after!

We have always stayed at the BC when staying in the Epcot area so this time it will be an new experience for us. I keep checking on a daily basis for an upgraded view at the YC or even better, a cancellation at the BC!!!

We are hoping we enjoy the YC as much as we love the BC but then it doesn't have Teena there to meet us as we arrive :sad1: For sure I know the BC lobby will be our first stop after we check in so we can see our favourite greeter!!!

Single digits are now upon us so we will see you real soon Teena!!!:wave2:

Debbie

:rolleyes1 :tiptoe:

As much as I love the BC, I'm cheating on her this January. I'm going on a date with her more mature and mysterious sister, YC. Please don't snitch on me. :thumbsup2

So, I'm here at the font of all YC/BC knowledge in need of opinions. YC-lovers of the non-CL variety, what's your favourite request for a GV room? I asked for "quiet, away from lobby" but since I'm unsure on the types of garden views available, just wondering what my non-guaranteed options were...

Thank you a gazillion-million in advance. :goodvibes

Missoutandabout said:

As much as I love the BC, I'm cheating on her this January. I'm going on a date with her more mature and mysterious sister, YC. Please don't snitch on me. :thumbsup2

So, I'm here at the font of all YC/BC knowledge in need of opinions. YC-lovers of the non-CL variety, what's your favourite request for a GV room? I asked for "quiet, away from lobby" but since I'm unsure on the types of garden views available, just wondering what my non-guaranteed options were...

Miss....ask for a wedding gazebo view!!!! We loved ours and the kids saw so many bunnies all over those grounds. Perfect quiet area and you can sneak out the side door and head right to the ferry dock. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Miss....ask for a wedding gazebo view!!!! We loved ours and the kids saw so many bunnies all over those grounds. Perfect quiet area and you can sneak out the side door and head right to the ferry dock. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hey! I know you! :rotfl: Wedding Gazebo view, sounds nice and quiet... right up our alley. Thanks m'dear. :hug:

Hello BC/YC fans! We returned home a couple days ago and I have a few minutes for a mini-report!

First, BC was wonderful as always! Magical Express was quick (new bus with seat belts and brand new TVs) and stopped at Port Orleans and Boardwalk before arriving at BC. This is the route we usually take, so no surprises. When we arrived at BC, our driver couldn't pull up to in the regular spot in front because another ME bus was still in the spot. We asked if we could just walk the rest of the way from the end of the driveway near the bus stop - no problem!

Great check-in - no line at 5:30pm, quick, friendly and efficient. And our room - WOW - we were thrilled. We've stayed in a number of different BC rooms over the past 20 years - standard, garden, water view, deluxe and 2-bedroom suite. Of course, the 2-bedroom suite can't be beat and the deluxe is wonderful, but for a GV room this was perfect and we all loved it. (Photos in moment!) There are many things I loved about this second floor room: 1) full balcony; 2) so close to BC Marketplace, it was unbelievable; 3) big windows, just like at YC! So we had all the benefits of our YC room from April right there near the lobby at BC. I think if we stay non-CL at BC again, we'll request full balcony, close to lobby. We've loved our rooms close to the secret entrance or elsewhere within BC, but we REALLY loved just hopping down the stairs to the lobby.

Teena, so great to see you again! We were able to visit with Teena a couple times, and our youngest really wanted to talk with her again when we returned from our SAB swim, but she was with other guests. We changed and came back down to the lobby, but we were too late! Message for Teena: He DID go down the jib slide and wanted you to know. :)

So I have lots of new BC Marketplace photos and can report a few significant changes there. First, as others have reported, there are some menu changes - they all look good. Second, I didn't see the gluten free items in the same spot and reviewing my photos, I'm wondering what happened to them. One change I'm really excited about: SEATING!!! They added a ton of seating outside and on the way to BCV, but also four tables right outside of the Marketplace. And then they moved the coffee fixings near the garbage cans, and away from the refill station so that traffic flows a little better.

I'll post photos of the signs explaining the HH replacements (poolside bar, pool side service and Martha's) but Martha's looks the same as usual. I'll also post a few solarium gym photos - that looks pretty funny, but guests were using it!

SAB was great as usual and the boys had a ton of fun. They said they didn't feel much difference on the jib slide - still bumpy if you go down the slide on your back. They spent a lot more time in the deeper areas of the pool, which is new for us, but expected now that our 5-year-old can swim quite well and has swim team experience! (And yes, they even swam in the deep area of lazy river with supervision but without inner tubes and had a great time.) So I'll certainly admit that SAB with younger kids requires a lot of moving around, getting in the pool, etc. (For our 5-year-old, not our older boys.) But in my view, it's entirely worth the fun of swimming in SAB. It really can't be beat!

We loved MNSSHP and thought it was entirely worth both the cost and the short trip. (But we skipped character greets, except for Cruella and Hatter, so that allowed lots of time for parades, Villains show, trick or treating, Hallowishes and Haunted Mansion.) We did a split stay, so we moved over to CR for the night of the party and our boys really loved it there, too. Great club lounge at CR - nice view, outstanding CMs and comfortable space. But like BWI, we would only stay at CR again if we booked CL.

Flat Ben had a great time and we loved traveling with him! Good thing he's waterproof, because he went down the jib slide! I'll post on his trip report thread soon!

Missoutandabout said:

Definitely wedding gazebo view! You'll love it!

skepace said:
We just checked in and we got Pixie Dust!! We got upgraded to the Presidential Suite at the Yacht Club!!

Oh I've wanted to stay in that room for sssoooo long. Hopefully we'll be able to book it in 2014. In the meantime.........PLEASE wet my appetite with pictures!!!! Congrats!

Look....Look.....
They are having a wedding!

2011BeachandYachtClubTrip169.jpg

Oh I love afternoon breaks. Only problem. Back to the park or SAB? Problems. Problems.

OKAY - I'll play! Here's the view outside our patio.
P1040998.jpg

P1040999.jpg

And Here's while we're walking over to EPCOT
P1050206.jpg

This makes me happy and sad at the same time. Wish it was August!

Follow us to our wonderful BC room on the second floor!

First, the lobby:

DSCN8562_zps05eb2868.jpg

Then, up the stairs to the second floor:

DSCN8563_zps99ff6e7c.jpg

We walked through the elevator bank:

DSCN8564_zps9213b467.jpg

Then we turned to the right:

DSCN8608_zps746276af.jpg

And our room was right there!

DSCN8565_zps986ec664.jpg

DSCN8502_zps19e2f890.jpg

DSCN8501_zpse31cdc17.jpg

DSCN8499_zpsc1646676.jpg

DSCN8498_zps8a2a09f6.jpg

DSCN8500_zpsee86a6a0.jpg

Our balcony:

DSCN8509_zps0fca6ec7.jpg

And the view:

DSCN8507_zpsbe9620ee.jpg

DSCN8613_zps98549132.jpg

DSCN8612_zps2657db7d.jpg

The view at night:

DSCN8571_zpsc4241486.jpg

DSCN8570_zpsd0de4511.jpg

The daybed:

DSCN8682_zps71d7dd19.jpg

The balcony from the courtyard:

DSCN8514_zpsdfc2d421.jpg

Flat Ben loves BC!

DSCN8513_zpsadeb3241.jpg

And just one more of the lobby, because we were so close!

DSCN8602_zps831d7a6f.jpg

Pixarmom-beautiful room, great location. Did you have fun sitting on the balcony watching the activity outside your room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter