2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Room Amenities?

When we have stayed at other resorts they have offered this on their room service menu. I'm thinking of ordering a cake to be delivered to our room (have been researching on the cake thread :) ) but then thought I might prefer to order a chocolate character or tuxedo strawberries. Has anyone noticed this type of thing on the room menu recently?

Thanks

Just wanted to warn by BC/YC friends that I have an email virus so DON'T open any emails from me until I give you the all clear. Just what I needed.

Just returned from th BC on 9/2 and had a wonderful time. However, my family and I were a little disappointed with BC. Very, very poor Internet access in rooms, as well as the lobby so be prepared. Rooms are starting to get worn down. We had a cracked sink, a banged up door, a leak on the floor from who knows where and a broken closet door. We loved how close Epcot was and the pool was great. Hurricaine Hanna closed 1 day after we got there and we had no information on this happening. Half of the washing machines were broken, as well as the change machine. I'm glad we experienced the hotel, but we enjoyed the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Poly more.

Continuing to enjoy my planning obsession, 55 days to go....:thumbsup2

Can anyone confirm that refillable mugs can be replenished at Ale and Compass? A response from mom's panel posted today said that you could not.:confused3

Also can anyone clarify which, and how many, items would constitute a counter service credit breakfast here? I'd like to work out if this is a good option for our early starts.:scratchin

....and one more cheeky question:

Family style breakfast (serves 4) on in-room dining menu: 2 TS credits/ 8 TS credits?? Anyone know? :p

Just returned from th BC on 9/2 and had a wonderful time. However, my family and I were a little disappointed with BC. Very, very poor Internet access in rooms, as well as the lobby so be prepared. Rooms are starting to get worn down. We had a cracked sink, a banged up door, a leak on the floor from who knows where and a broken closet door. We loved how close Epcot was and the pool was great. Hurricaine Hanna closed 1 day after we got there and we had no information on this happening. Half of the washing machines were broken, as well as the change machine. I'm glad we experienced the hotel, but we enjoyed the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Poly more.

Has HH been all boarded up? Did you suffer any construction noise?

I'm beginning to worry, we were staying at the GF but moved due to the pool and Gasperilla closure. I've spent the last few months at home with major construction going on (half the roof removed, no kitchen etc) so this is going to be a chill trip. Don't fancy sitting by the pool looking and hearing what I could get at home:rolleyes:

I'm also a weight trainer, have they moved the weight machines to the Solarium and free weights. I've seen pics of the Cardio stuff but no sign of weights.

NM Update: My Mom is in the ICU with a blood clot on the lung, She just had two units of blood on Friday and her counts are low so something is up with that as well. I spent 6 hours at the house with her yesterday and then that night she tanked. I just really don't know what to say at this point. Her suffering is unreal. She smoked for years and I was so proud of her when after a mighty struggle she was finally able to give it up. After trying a million things, the one that really worked for her was a medication called Chantix. I consider that a miracle drug because it broke the addiction. If you are smoking and you are ready to quit please consider seeing your doctor and asking for help. There are things out there that can really help. I know how hard it is to quit because I watched my mom try for years so no judgement here. I just have love and encouragement to offer to those that want to try. :hug:

Thoughts and prayers continue for your mom you and your family.

Chantix is a very good drug to help with the stop smoking... My husband smoked for over 40 years and recently quit. The only problem is he still craves the cigs.. so I bought him an electronic cig with zero nicotine to help him (per his doctor). Most times I will see him just holding the cig. I call it his crutch! Hard habit to stop thats for sure.

Hope all had a great start to the new school year! If you are soon to be at Disney or are there now have a great time!!

~Nannette

I will be at ASSPorts next Saturday, and YC next Sunday! Can't wait!

Ninja Mom, I am sorry to hear about your mom. I am 4 1/2 years quit now from cigs and it wasn't easy but was worth it. I'm sorry she and her family have to go through something so terrible now. It's a good reminder to me, to never start smoking again. I hope you can still find happy memories together today to hold on to forever. :hug:

NM Update: My Mom is in the ICU with a blood clot on the lung, She just had two units of blood on Friday and her counts are low so something is up with that as well. I spent 6 hours at the house with her yesterday and then that night she tanked. I just really don't know what to say at this point.

Thinking about you and wishing the best for your mom. I hope today was a better day!

:goodvibes

which means 10 days to go!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Staying at BCV, 1 bedroom, from September 15-22, excited this year!

Love staying at BC, been there once before. Stayed at BWI last year, wasn't impressed.

See everyone there!

:banana::banana::banana:

georgiasmom said:
It seems cruel to come home to the remnants of Isaac after standing in the Isaac rain at HS last week. :(:confused3:mad::confused:

I hear ya!!! We got almost 4 in of rain in just a few hours!!!!!
This weather sucks!!

NM---continuing to send prayers your way! :hug:

Dee---Did you get my PM? I can't tell if it was sent or not. :confused3 Today has been a technically challenged day for me. :laughing:

Has anyone ever taken one of the fishing excursions from the YC marina? DH is thinking about booking one during our trip. 16 days to go! :cool1:

K&C said:
Has HH been all boarded up? Did you suffer any construction noise?

I'm beginning to worry, we were staying at the GF but moved due to the pool and Gasperilla closure. I've spent the last few months at home with major construction going on (half the roof removed, no kitchen etc) so this is going to be a chill trip. Don't fancy sitting by the pool looking and hearing what I could get at home:rolleyes:

I'm also a weight trainer, have they moved the weight machines to the Solarium and free weights. I've seen pics of the Cardio stuff but no sign of weights.

Yes HH is boarded up. Just finished with the walls when we left so I am not sure on the noise. They moved all the exercise equipment into the solarium. Good luck with your trip.

NinjaMom: so sorry for your struggles.y prayers are with you.

My father smoked for over 50 years. He quit cold turkey one day shortly after my son was born prematurely when my brother made a comment about him smoking around the baby. We were so proud of him! He was diagnosed with lung cancer 22 years after he stopped smoking. He passed away 5 months and 28 days after being diagnosed. It was the hardest thing my family has had to endure.

I can only think that at least when he stopped we got all those extra years with him that maybe we wouldn't have had if he had not stopped when he did.

cindydare said:
NM---continuing to send prayers your way! :hug:

Dee---Did you get my PM? I can't tell if it was sent or not. :confused3 Today has been a technically challenged day for me. :laughing:

Has anyone ever taken one of the fishing excursions from the YC marina? DH is thinking about booking one during our trip. 16 days to go! :cool1:

My niece and sister went on the early morning fishing excursion at YC. They enjoyed it but I think taking one on Seven Seas Lagoon would have been better or maybe Bay Lake because they could only go between the marina and HS. They did like it though and they enjoyed the "professionals" that took them out.

chocolateMinnie said:
In Room Amenities?

When we have stayed at other resorts they have offered this on their room service menu. I'm thinking of ordering a cake to be delivered to our room (have been researching on the cake thread :) ) but then thought I might prefer to order a chocolate character or tuxedo strawberries. Has anyone noticed this type of thing on the room menu recently?

Thanks

Yes, there are several items you can order. Chocolate Mickey, strawberries, cookies and milk, cake, chocolate box with truffles, snacks and of course anything on the room service menu. I even think fresh fruit is available.

Thanks for sharing your review. Sorry to hear about your disappointing experiences at the Beach Club. We have been hearing the reports about the washing machines- I hope that has been corrected.

Sounds like your room is definitely in need of some TLC. I know the Yacht and Beach Club rooms were refurbed right before my first trip there in 2009. Anyone know how often Disney "refreshes" their resort rooms?

Sorry your stay was less than magical britterbell. I have read on the Dis and other boards and heard on several podcast that internet reception was less than desirable in most resorts. Ours worked fine during our June trip. Sounds like a hit or miss. Not sure if it's location or useage.

Now far as banged up furniture that just reinforces the need for construction and room upgrades. Sounds like you got a really bad room. I know folks always say you can just change rooms but really you shouldn't have to. I do hope you reported the problems while there. No one paying the $$$$$$ for a deluxe should have a broken sink or a leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter