• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - Jim (DH), Flat Ben & i are staying in a 1 BR BCV. We are staying in room 336. It's close to the elevator and the quiet pool, which is normally pretty quiet. SAB didn't look that crowded when we walked past yesterday. The rrom is very much like the BWV, however the shower (at least in this room) is skinnier & very long. Actually big enough to shower with one or two friends if one were so inclined. We met Teena on Sunday & Monday. She is just as nice in person as she is on this thread. In fact, everyone has been super nice. The CM's in the Market Place were very nice also. I am a pin trader and the are very pin-trader friendly.
It was very crowded over the weekend, but last night Epcot was quite empty. The internet is spotty and somewhat inconsistent, but I got out all my emails late last night. I am typing on my acer which results in many typos. Hopefully I catch most of them. Jim loves the proximity to Epcot. we go out a gate and up/down the hill and we are there. I am off to DHS. I must tell you this is a very nice resort and as of today, i have no complaints. I will probably stay here again!!!!!!

Just booked a military discounted room at the Beach Club for Feb 13-18th. Hubby and I have stayed at Yacht Club by ourselves but we have never stayed at Beach Club and we will have our kids. Will we be able to swim in Feb at SAB? Is it heated? I know with Florida you never know if it will be hot or cold at that time of year. Also is there a GV that faces Epcot? It looks like it on the map. Any suggestions for best area to request?
Thanks for the help. We are so excited for our trip.

Back home :(:(

We had a fantastic trip. Thanks to everyone here for all of your great info. I've stayed at the BC several times before but I learned many new things from you guys. Thanks especially to Dee and Teena!

I'll post a ton of photos on facebook in the next couple of days. I will share the link to the album here when it's complete.

Our next trip is in January. We'll be cruising on the Dream for 4 nights then spending a couple of days at DW probably at BLT. (if there is availability)

So excited that we become members of the DVC this trip!!:cool1::yay::dance3:

Amy

Can someone tell me exactly where we can refill our refillable mugs? We'll be staying at YC during the week of Halloween (so HH will be closed). Thank you!

I'm working on making notes for the trip and since it's now September, I'm in overdrive!

odd question, but the showers in the BC rooms - are they tile? (I was thinking of bringing a couple of suction cup hooks to hang our travel sponge pouf things from...?)

odd question, but the showers in the BC rooms - are they tile? (I was thinking of bringing a couple of suction cup hooks to hang our travel sponge pouf things from...?)

I was going to say no, but I just looked at my pictures from July 2010, and this is the shower:

IMG_0346.jpg

Just booked a military discounted room at the Beach Club for Feb 13-18th. Hubby and I have stayed at Yacht Club by ourselves but we have never stayed at Beach Club and we will have our kids. Will we be able to swim in Feb at SAB? Is it heated? I know with Florida you never know if it will be hot or cold at that time of year. Also is there a GV that faces Epcot? It looks like it on the map. Any suggestions for best area to request?
Thanks for the help. We are so excited for our trip.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

The answers to your questions are "maybe" and "yes". The pools are heated. The problem is not the temp of the water, it is the temp of the air once you get out. If you have some warm days, which are very possible, you may find yourself swimming.

If you haven't had a chance to check out the FAQ on Page 1 (Post 12), you may want to read through that. There is some info about room requests. What is important to you? Do you want to be close to the lobby/pool/bus stops? Closer to EPCOT? Do you want to request a full balcony (about 50% of the rooms have these). Do you want to request a daybed?

I think there are GV rooms that face EPCOT- not sure if you can see some of the structures like Spaceship Earth, The Land or the Eiffel Tower or the high fireworks from Illuminations from those rooms or not. I know some rooms do overlook those landmarks, but I don't which category they are (standard or garden view)

I have been lurking around since we bought BCV points this summer. Guess I should add our spring trip to the Be Our Guest page.

We'll be at BCV from March 20-27. Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos.

Hi - Jim (DH), Flat Ben & i are staying in a 1 BR BCV. We are staying in room 336. It's close to the elevator and the quiet pool, which is normally pretty quiet. SAB didn't look that crowded when we walked past yesterday. The rrom is very much like the BWV, however the shower (at least in this room) is skinnier & very long. Actually big enough to shower with one or two friends if one were so inclined. We met Teena on Sunday & Monday. She is just as nice in person as she is on this thread. In fact, everyone has been super nice. The CM's in the Market Place were very nice also. I am a pin trader and the are very pin-trader friendly.
It was very crowded over the weekend, but last night Epcot was quite empty. The internet is spotty and somewhat inconsistent, but I got out all my emails late last night. I am typing on my acer which results in many typos. Hopefully I catch most of them. Jim loves the proximity to Epcot. we go out a gate and up/down the hill and we are there. I am off to DHS. I must tell you this is a very nice resort and as of today, i have no complaints. I will probably stay here again!!!!!!

Thanks for the live info and for all of the great pictures! :goodvibes

Back home :(:(

We had a fantastic trip. Thanks to everyone here for all of your great info. I've stayed at the BC several times before but I learned many new things from you guys. Thanks especially to Dee and Teena!

I'll post a ton of photos on facebook in the next couple of days. I will share the link to the album here when it's complete.

Our next trip is in January. We'll be cruising on the Dream for 4 nights then spending a couple of days at DW probably at BLT. (if there is availability)

So excited that we become members of the DVC this trip!!:cool1::yay::dance3:

Amy

Thanks so much for all of your reports during the trip. Can't wait to see your photo link!

Can someone tell me exactly where we can refill our refillable mugs? We'll be staying at YC during the week of Halloween (so HH will be closed). Thank you!

I'm working on making notes for the trip and since it's now September, I'm in overdrive!

Here is the current info from the FAQ on Page 1 (Post 12)- if anyone has any additions or corrections to this info, let me know.

Where can I purchase and refill a refillable mug?

Refillable Mugs may be purchased and filled at the Beach Club Marketplace (self-serve station), Beaches and Cream (CM assisted service, get into the ice cream takeout line), Hurricane Hanna's* (self-serve station) and the Ale and Compass Lounge** in the Yacht Club resort (coffee/tea self-service, juices and soda behind the bar).

* During the Hurricane Hanna's refurb, an additional refill station is located inside the arcade where the grab and go food is offered.

**Recent reports say that the Ale & Compass location is only available until 12 noon, when the lounge opens up as a bar.

Pixarmom provided pictures of the beverage dispensers at the Marketplace.

RefillMugStationMarketplace-2.jpg
OtherBeveragesMarketplace-2.jpg

I have been lurking around since we bought BCV points this summer. Guess I should add our spring trip to the Be Our Guest page.

We'll be at BCV from March 20-27. Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos.

Here's your official

I'll add you to the list!

Our dates are March 21-26 :cool1: the only trick is that the girls need to have a healthy year since this trip involves missing 1.5 days of school. I won't do that if theyve already missed several days. I checked, and this is the last year that their birthday comes close to spring break until 2016.

Which resort did you/will you book? BC or YC? or are you still deciding? :goodvibes

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

The answers to your questions are "maybe" and "yes". The pools are heated. The problem is not the temp of the water, it is the temp of the air once you get out. If you have some warm days, which are very possible, you may find yourself swimming.

If you haven't had a chance to check out the FAQ on Page 1 (Post 12), you may want to read through that. There is some info about room requests. What is important to you? Do you want to be close to the lobby/pool/bus stops? Closer to EPCOT? Do you want to request a full balcony (about 50% of the rooms have these). Do you want to request a daybed?

I think there are GV rooms that face EPCOT- not sure if you can see some of the structures like Spaceship Earth, The Land or the Eiffel Tower or the high fireworks from Illuminations from those rooms or not. I know some rooms do overlook those landmarks, but I don't which category they are (standard or garden view)

Thanks so much! I would like to be closer to Epcot but honestly do not care too much. I will be in Disney World! I am happy anywhere when I am there. :rotfl: Just hope it is warm enough for kids to enjoy the pool at least once or twice. If it is cold they will just have to run for the room when they get out. :rotfl:
Thanks again! :flower3:

What views can you possibly get when you book a Garden View CL room at the Beach Club? ... Thanx :) ...

I imagine the answer is yes to this but....

It was reported a couple weeks back that all the washers in the laundry room had signs that they were out of service. Are they all repaired now? I will most certainly be doing laundry while we are there.

Angel16

On 8/20 - all of the washers and dryers were working - this was reported by my husband. I refuse to do laundry on vacation, my husband usually does.

He was not particularly thrilled with the laundry experience he had. He went around 11:00 pm to do laundry and walked into a room (small) full of people. All of the washers and dryers were full. He planned on trying to wait for a machine. He left after watching a woman throwing a full-out tantrum over the full machines, and yelling at anyone within earshot that someone should not be allowed to use 2 washers.

He went back the next morning (around 5 am - he's an early riser) and did his laundry without incident.

He said the laundry facilities were a mess - this is the fault of guests, not housekeeping.

Moral of the story - it is MUCH easier to do your laundry early in the day vs. late in the day.

I had the same thing happen doing laundry.

I was up at 4:30 and down to an empty laundry at 5:00. Around 5:30 a man came wanting to do laundry. I told him my own laundry would be done in about 15 minutes. He went on a tirade about how rude I was to use all three (one wasn't working) washers. I told him if he had come down as early as I had he would have had his pick of washers. I couldn't believe he had a fit over waiting 15 minutes!

I brought two suction cup hooks and they fell... Constantly. I had wiped and tried cleaning both the cups and the wall and they still fell. :confused3. So... I ended up just hanging them off the little knob thing that has the clothes line in it....

On 8/20 - all of the washers and dryers were working - this was reported by my husband. I refuse to do laundry on vacation, my husband usually does.

He was not particularly thrilled with the laundry experience he had. He went around 11:00 pm to do laundry and walked into a room (small) full of people. All of the washers and dryers were full. He planned on trying to wait for a machine. He left after watching a woman throwing a full-out tantrum over the full machines, and yelling at anyone within earshot that someone should not be allowed to use 2 washers.

He went back the next morning (around 5 am - he's an early riser) and did his laundry without incident.

He said the laundry facilities were a mess - this is the fault of guests, not housekeeping.

Moral of the story - it is MUCH easier to do your laundry early in the day vs. late in the day.

I had the same thing happen doing laundry.

I was up at 4:30 and down to an empty laundry at 5:00. Around 5:30 a man came wanting to do laundry. I told him my own laundry would be done in about 15 minutes. He went on a tirade about how rude I was to use all three (one wasn't working) washers. I told him if he had come down as early as I had he would have had his pick of washers. I couldn't believe he had a fit over waiting 15 minutes!

Thank you both for the posting about the laundry area. I am sorry you both had much less then stellar experiences due to other guests. Goodness some people are really full of themselves aren't they! :confused3 Life is too short to get that upset over something so small.

Do I need quarters for the washer and dryer? How much does it cost to do a load of laundry? Thank you so much for help.

Angel16

Here's the menu for the arcade food...

9BFF1CF5-8FB7-4528-8057-6C23C3E531B5-3452-000002675E8F7510.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic of the arcade menu. I'm happy to see that they have a few options beyond burgers and hot dogs. Seems like better variety than HH.

Any other word on food choices around the pool? Also, does anyone know if you can order room service to deliver at the pool?

Just received an email to try fast pass+ for our upcoming trip. Has anyone else experienced it yet? So excited tomorrow we are down to 14 days :cool1: Cannot wait to spend 10 days at the Beach Club.

Thanks for posting the pic of the arcade menu. I'm happy to see that they have a few options beyond burgers and hot dogs. Seems like better variety than HH.

Any other word on food choices around the pool? Also, does anyone know if you can order room service to deliver at the pool?

All this HH rehab is also making me wonder if they are increasing the food offerings at HH when the rehab is finished. I'll bet they are. I've read that this is a major rehab so maybe all that wishing for better CS options at the YC/BC is finally going to come true.

So this leads me to my next question. What would YOU like to see on the menu at HH when the rehab is finished?

I'd like to see tuna fish, chicken salad and other cold sandwich options like lunch meat subs. Another great addition would be if you could request specific types of bread and rolls, like rye bread or onion rolls. Salads would also be good. I can't see soup being an option but frozen Yogurt would be AWESOME! Even better with that would be a topping selection like granola, fruit or chocolate chips (the mini ones should do it!) I'd also love to see fresh fruit salad offered. Fresh fruit after a swim is divine!

So what do y'all want to see? Let's hear it!

~NM
NM Update: My Mom is in the ICU with a blood clot on the lung, She just had two units of blood on Friday and her counts are low so something is up with that as well. I spent 6 hours at the house with her yesterday and then that night she tanked. I just really don't know what to say at this point. Her suffering is unreal. She smoked for years and I was so proud of her when after a mighty struggle she was finally able to give it up. After trying a million things, the one that really worked for her was a medication called Chantix. I consider that a miracle drug because it broke the addiction. If you are smoking and you are ready to quit please consider seeing your doctor and asking for help. There are things out there that can really help. I know how hard it is to quit because I watched my mom try for years so no judgement here. I just have love and encouragement to offer to those that want to try. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter