2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about noise during the HH refurb? Should we be concerned about noise while out at SAB? Our first trip to BC is Sept 27th to Oct 6th and I am looking forward to staying at the BC, mostly for SAB.

Checked with two front desk managers and no new policy regarding rollaway beds - we do not charge for rollaway beds. So, our policy is still the same. No charge.

You will know I've arrived at the BC when you see a Pooh sized woman running through the lobby and jumping straight into SAB fully clothed. I simply CAN NOT WAIT to be swimming in that pool!

So look for me... at about noon on Thursday! :dance3:

:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:

Safe travels! See you soon, perhaps!:thumbsup2

Hi all! After staying at the Poly for 10+ times, we are trying the Beach Club this trip (mostly because of the pool and proximity to Epcot).

On our previous trips we have shipped a box of snack/sunscreen, etc. to save some suitcase room. Doesn anyone know if BC charges to hold the box until our arrival? I know some hotels do charge (convention hotels?).

Also, does anyone know if Costco still ships cases of water to the resorts? We did this on our last Poly trip too (about 2 years ago).

Thanks for any help! DH isn't too thrilled about leaving our beloved Poly, but I told him we won't know if we like another hotel if we don't try!

Thank you very much natebenma.
The king bed is very optional, I mentioned it mostly for the description purpose. Full balcony, followed by close to Epcot would be just fine.
I also wondered if the room we got during our first stay was considered a garden view or a lake view and if there could be a possibility we could be located close to that area again. The location was just so perfect. We mostly enjoyed being able to have breakfast on the balcony. The room did not have a lake view, but the balcony did.

:welcome: and congratulations on all of your celebrations.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

What is the most important request for you? From what I understand, there aren't a lot of king beds available. If this is your priority, it may come at a sacrifice of location.

If the location is what you enjoyed most, perhaps you could word a request "Full balcony, please, room near EPCOT. King bed, if possible"

Just playing catch-up after a couple of very busy days!

First Ninja Mom hope all is going as good as it can given the circumstances and you ar e standing your ground with the nursing staff. Big Hugs.

We spent a few hours at HS yesterday, then headed back to Yacht to jump into SAB. (Still no sign of those Noodles!) Next up we met with the lovely Teena, then headed over to Flying Fish for the most amazing meal.

Today we have had a very long day starting with breakfast at Chef Mickey - not as good as our previous visit- then off to Magic Kingdom for ride after ride after ride. We finished with the Electric Parade and headed back to Yacht just as the fireworks started with me fighthing my way onto the bus with two Mickey Head Balloons for our wedding photos.

Back in the room we have lovely kissing swan towel animals on our bed and a smaller version on DD's rollaway bed. So cute.

The Do Not Disturb sign is on the door for a much needed lie-in in the morning.

Just playing catch-up after a couple of very busy days!

First Ninja Mom hope all is going as good as it can given the circumstances and you ar e standing your ground with the nursing staff. Big Hugs.

We spent a few hours at HS yesterday, then headed back to Yacht to jump into SAB. (Still no sign of those Noodles!) Next up we met with the lovely Teena, then headed over to Flying Fish for the most amazing meal.

Today we have had a very long day starting with breakfast at Chef Mickey - not as good as our previous visit- then off to Magic Kingdom for ride after ride after ride. We finished with the Electric Parade and headed back to Yacht just as the fireworks started with me fighthing my way onto the bus with two Mickey Head Balloons for our wedding photos.

Back in the room we have lovely kissing swan towel animals on our bed and a smaller version on DD's rollaway bed. So cute.

The Do Not Disturb sign is on the door for a much needed lie-in in the morning.

Good luck with all the prep in the next couple of days- wishing you a beautiful wedding!

Sorry about the trouble with the noodles. Someone will be turning in a couple of noodles on Thursday, I believe, so if you are up to it you can check back at bell services one more time later this week. They will be under the name Henry and Grace Noodle, or the Noodles.

Despite briefly considering Swan, we are coming back to Beach Club! Will be there Oct 12-14 for F&W Festival and my birthday! Our first trip to Disney without the kids! We have tickets for Party for the Senses on Sat Oct 13 and decided the convenience of Beach Club to Epcot was worth it. We will just enjoy the hotel and Epcot. Probably won't even visit other parks that weekend but are already looking into a trip with the kids for MLK weekend in January!
We saved 15% in October with AAA.

Looking forward to the Beach Club smell. It will be our first time visiting there when it is not Christmas, so it will be the smell minus gingerbread!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:goodvibes

Sorry, I never gave my dates: August 23-30!

Thanks for the clarification! Have a fantastic trip!

What about noise during the HH refurb? Should we be concerned about noise while out at SAB? Our first trip to BC is Sept 27th to Oct 6th and I am looking forward to staying at the BC, mostly for SAB.

:welcome: to the DIS and to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

We should have reports from guests in the next few weeks about the impact of the refurb of HH- appearance, noise and replacement food and drink service.

Hi all! After staying at the Poly for 10+ times, we are trying the Beach Club this trip (mostly because of the pool and proximity to Epcot).

On our previous trips we have shipped a box of snack/sunscreen, etc. to save some suitcase room. Doesn anyone know if BC charges to hold the box until our arrival? I know some hotels do charge (convention hotels?).

Also, does anyone know if Costco still ships cases of water to the resorts? We did this on our last Poly trip too (about 2 years ago).

Thanks for any help! DH isn't too thrilled about leaving our beloved Poly, but I told him we won't know if we like another hotel if we don't try!

:welcome:

Let us know the dates of your trip if you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Here is the info from the FAQ section on Page 1 about shipping items to the Beach Club. Anyone have suggestions about shipping water from Costco or other places?

Can I ship a package to Beach Club or Yacht Club for my stay?

If you ship a package to the resort, Mail by United States Postal Service, not anything else!!! If you mail other than USPS, your items will be shipped to the convention center and the shipping department will charge the recipient a handling charge, based on the weight of your package.

Disney's Beach Club Resort (or Disney's Beach Club Villas)
1800 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

or

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
1700 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

Orders from Garden Grocer are delivered to Bell Services at YC or BC, so they are not subject to the delivery fee. You can ask Bell Services to deliver the order to your room when you are there.

Dee has information on this on page one of the thread along with addresses. Use regular postal service and ship to the hotel and there is no charge. Ship UPS or FedEx and it goes through the convention shipping department and you are charged (nominal charge but a charge none the less). All this is explained on page one better than I ever could so check it out.

(Edit: Sorry for the duplication, Dee was busy posting at the same time).

I guess if it is going to be really extensive modifications you can expect some power saws, hammers, and workcrews in congo lines singing Under the Seas while playing pirates with our missing noodles.

Hi all, haven't posted in quite some time, it's been a busy summer (looking forward to school starting!) my boys have been keeping me busy!
We've changed our plans a little, we will now be doing a split stay between AofA and BC. Our new dates are 11/22-11/25 @ AofA Cars suite then 11/25-12/1 BC CL. DH is not happy about this (he hates the idea of a split stay almost as much as he hates the idea of staying anywhere other than BC), but my boys REALLY wanted to try out AofA! I figure this way everyone gets what they want.
Anyway, I do have a question: We are currently booked with a bounce back for BC CL garden view. I have been thinking about upgrading to a water view but I'm a little afraid of spending the extra money right now (DH is looking at a possible layoff at work). If we decided to upgrade at check in will we be charged the full price of the upgrade or the bounce back price?
As always, thanks in advance:goodvibes
Laurie

katesdad said:
i guess if it is going to be really extensive modifications you can expect some power saws, hammers, and workcrews in congo lines singing under the seas while playing pirates with our missing noodles.

lmao!!

This thread has been active with lots of new posters and returning visitors!

:goodvibes

When you have a moment, please take a look at the Be Our Guest list to make sure I have your information listed correctly.

If there is info that needs to be updated, post on this thread and I will make the change.

Dee

Post 13: Be Our Guest list

I guess if it is going to be really extensive modifications you can expect some power saws, hammers, and workcrews in congo lines singing Under the Seas while playing pirates with our missing noodles.

Noodlefight.jpg

Hi all, haven't posted in quite some time, it's been a busy summer (looking forward to school starting!) my boys have been keeping me busy!
We've changed our plans a little, we will now be doing a split stay between AofA and BC. Our new dates are 11/22-11/25 @ AofA Cars suite then 11/25-12/1 BC CL. DH is not happy about this (he hates the idea of a split stay almost as much as he hates the idea of staying anywhere other than BC), but my boys REALLY wanted to try out AofA! I figure this way everyone gets what they want.
Anyway, I do have a question: We are currently booked with a bounce back for BC CL garden view. I have been thinking about upgrading to a water view but I'm a little afraid of spending the extra money right now (DH is looking at a possible layoff at work). If we decided to upgrade at check in will we be charged the full price of the upgrade or the bounce back price?
As always, thanks in advance:goodvibes
Laurie

I'll adjust your dates on the B.O.G. list.

I don't know the answer to your question about what price you will be charged if you ask for an upgrade to water view at checkin.

My two cents (and I will readily disclose that I always book Standard View at the BC)- my understanding is that all of the BC CL GV rooms have full balconies. I would be unwilling to risk getting a room with one of the smaller balconies, even if it is waterview.

I'll adjust your dates on the B.O.G. list.

I don't know the answer to your question about what price you will be charged if you ask for an upgrade to water view at checkin.

My two cents (and I will readily disclose that I always book Standard View at the BC)- my understanding is that all of the BC CL GV rooms have full balconies. I would be unwilling to risk getting a room with one of the smaller balconies, even if it is waterview.

Since I would MUCH rather a full balcony I will stick with GV and call it a day!! I don't really see the point of having a water view if I can't sit on the balcony and enjoy it.
Thank you:thumbsup2
Laurie

Thanks for the info about shipping. Guess I should investigate whether Garden Grocer would be cheaper (after paying for postage, etc.).

Love all the help you get on these boards!

I am so far very impressed with the YC CL Planning team. Since we are going to surprise the kids about the trip a couple of days before, I asked them if there was something they could send that we could give the kids to show where we were staying.

They were so nice to send two key packets with maps! I know its a small thing but now the kids can see where we will be staying. :thumbsup2

I just checked in for our Jet Blue flight tomorrow at 9:00!!

After booking it a year ago on a Bounceback it is finally here!!!

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter