2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope you get power back quickly!

We are a few of the lucky ones here in NYC we did not lose power! It is a mess out there for sure! Nothing is really open no one can really get anywhere all bridges and tunnels along with NYC transit remain closed. It's going to take at least 3-7 days to get public transportation back up. So many area's around here are flooded and there were bad fires firemen had to wade through the chest deep water to rescue people (evacuating would have helped). Still windy and some rain, but for the most part I think the worse is over! Hope I don't see that again for a very long time if ever!! Frankenstorm turned out to be the worse storm on record for us! Broke all kinds of records!!!

I hope everyone else is safe and if you've lost power hope it comes back soon! For those still in the path listen to the warnings it makes it that much easier for the first responders!

Be Safe all!

~Nannette

Thanks Nannette!

Our power is back! :) Can't believe it. Still lots of power out everywhere. I didn't see any flooding in our immediate area. We live near the Delaware, not sure if they are going to flood. Haven't seen any reports about that. When that river floods, it really floods!

I guess we won't be going into NYC for a visit for a few weeks!

Gotta love the people that don't evacuate and then rescuers have to risk their lives to save them. Thank God for the emergency personnell.

I'm glad you're o.k. and hope everyone on our little thread is o.k.

Hi Everyone - I posted this quite a few pages back and thought I'd just try again in case anyone could help - THANKS! :)

Hi Everyone,

We are considering upgrading our January YC trip to Concierge Level. We've stayed CL before at the YC but we haven't done the lagoon/pool view. On the Standard side of the CL there are joint balconies is that the case on the lagoon/pool view as well? That is something we really want to avoid and we're basing our decision to upgrade on this.

Any help really appreciated. Also - are there any photos of what the view looks like from a YC lagoon/pool view? I tried searching but didn't find much.

Thank you!

cocoabean1 said:
I just checked the Southwest website, it looks like they have canceled all flights for Monday and Tuesday out of Providence. We're supposed to fly out on Weds. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can leave!!!!!!!

We must be on same flight! So excited to see that it is listed as on time. Yahoo'

bean bunny said:
Hi Everyone - I posted this quite a few pages back and thought I'd just try again in case anyone could help - THANKS! :)

I can't remember seeing any joined balconies on the lagoon side. I believe the only ones are the ones that go over the Porte cochere in the front of the building.

Just got our power back. We lost it around 4:00 yesterday afternoon.

Barely made it with three kids no tvs, no ipods, ipads, etc.

In NJ we are used to blizzards - not hurricanes!

Hope everyone is safe and sound.

natebenma said:
Is everyone super sick of Sandy???

Now for something completely different...

Here is a link to Teena/Jeanne and Lily's Disneyland photos

Disneyland

Cute pics thanks for sharing!! She is the cutest Tinkerbell ever.

Disneyland

I don't know... she's kinda cute but I really would rather look at Storm Footage! ;)

Wow She's GROWN. She is so so so adorable Teena!!!

Just got our power back. We lost it around 4:00 yesterday afternoon.

Barely made it with three kids no tvs, no ipods, ipads, etc.

In NJ we are used to blizzards - not hurricanes!

Hope everyone is safe and sound.

Happy to see you back! Hope you didn't have much damage!! I'll take the blizzard any day!!

~Nan

I hope your flight goes with no problems , you have looked forward to this vacation for so long so a little wind and rain WILL NOT get in your way pixiedust:You and your husband have a great time , June is just around the corner . :beach:Enjoy .

Thanks... so far so so good, flight is still on schedule. we will find out in like 11 hours if it is to be:thumbsup2
and yes june is still right there for us:cool1:

Disneyland

Thanks Dee! much better than Sandy footage:cheer2:

We are here:yay:

Super room, close to lobby and above back entrance with view across to Boadwalk. Spacious, clean, comfortable. I will post a photo of the view if I can ever work out how...

So, journey was okay, Magic Express adequate (not magical!) and a wonderful friendly welcome at YC when we got here tired out (1am our time).

We grabbed an impressive counter service dinner (turkey sandwiches, sushi, flatbread, cheesecakes etc) at the marketplace to eat in room and the family flaked out whilst I unpacked and set up home for the next couple of hours; you know it's got to be done! :laundy:

And now of course I am awake again (9am our time) waiting for the in-room family breakfast to be delivered in 2 hours time (6am Florida time!). And the kiddies are stirring... How to keep them quiet?! :dance3:

First up Animal Kingdom, I'll keep you posted :moped:

Any questions I'll see what I can see :sail:

Clarabel - have a wonderful time! My kids would love to be at WDW for Halloween!

What type of a room view did you book?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Happy Halloween Friends!!!

Halloween.jpg

Hi everyone!

I have a reservation for the Yacht Club in November 2013, so I'd love to join this thread and get all the hints and tips about the resort!

I popped in to visit it this year when we had our trip in September and fell in love with it, only 365 days until I (plan) to fly over!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter