2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Hope everyone is safe :grouphug:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

We had a GV CL room at BC, and could see the higher Illuminations from our balcony. Never thought to see if we could from the lounge, sorry.

4. Monorail Bob's dd

Monorail Bob's dd DIS Veteran

Thanks. To clarify, it is the Yacht Club lounge they are wondering about.

5. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

Yes I still have power... it flickered a few times. 1/4 of a million people in Manhattan have no power! The winds are unreal... really scary!

Be safe all in the path!

~Nannette

6. suemom2kay

suemom2kay DIS Veteran

We are in Eastern PA. Our power went out at 5:15. I hear constant sirens. Yikes!

They won't even begin (rightfully so) restoring until the storm has passed so the tree guys and linemen are safe. Such a flashback to last years storm but fortunately it is much warmer this year. Stay safe everyone that is in the path of this great storm

Oh yeah, the good news. Finally matched the Beach Club through RCI for May. Yay!!! We'll be there 5/15-24th. Oh and Teena.... My friend bought a Tastycake route!!

7. HelenParr

HelenParr DIS Veteran

From YC club lounge you can see Wishes, but it is way in the distance. Magical yes, but not like "wow, fireworks". And no music for it. You cannot see Illuminations from YC lounge at all.

8. suemom2kay

suemom2kay DIS Veteran

Stay safe Nannette! Hope u don't flood. Our power is out and I expect it will be out for days. Last years crazy storm knocked our power out for 5-6 days. Ugh!

9. Clarabel

Clarabel Earning My Ears

We're on our way! (hopefully) :beach:

To everyone in Sandy's path my thoughts are with you. We know what it is to flood and lose our home. I hope you can all avoid that...::yes::

Couchy, fingers crossed you get your flight down. Here's hoping ours will be okay today too :wizard:

10. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Sending positive wishes and pixie dust your way that your Disney trip goes on as scheduled!

We lost power from around 4 yesterday afternoon until 10. We managed not to kill each other by playing Apples to Apples and Scategories by flashlight.

No school yesterday or today, heading about 30 min north for a memorial service later today.

11. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Still trying to get caught up on everything, but I will go through the thread in a day or two for updates to the Be Our Guest list.

In the meantime, :welcome: new friends and returning guests.

:banana::banana::banana:

12. floridagirl61

floridagirl61 Mouseketeer

Quick question for all you BC experts:) I am wondering if Stormalong Bay pool is only open for certain hours, and if so are the quiet pools open 24/7? Thanks for your help.

13. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

Starting last February SAB had operating hours or 10am-10pm. Now whether that will continue we will see. And yes the quiet pools are 24/7....

Thinking of all you Storm People this morning. Take care and let us know.....

14. Couchy

Couchy DIS Veteran

:)
    Stay safe. glad to hear you have your power back and everyone in the house made it alright :goodvibes

We are no where near a coast ( as in hundreds of miles away) but we still managed lots of wind and lots of rain rain rain....( it rained for three straight days before Sandy hit). Lots of flooding, downed trees, etc. Almost all schools are closed ( except mine, we always stay open :sad2:) Airport has many cancelled flights. Still very rainy and windy right now. I am remaining hopeful.

15. floridagirl61

floridagirl61 Mouseketeer

16. ddluvsdisney

ddluvsdisney DIS Veteran

I can't believe you lost power an we didn't!! You are so much further north. This storm was so crazy. It is sunny, calm and beautiful with no school ugh!!!! 2 days to already make up. :( it's only October. I hope we don't have many snow days this yr. we are planning on Disney for the last day of June.
    Glad you stayed safe. I love Apples to Apples(we have the Disney version of course:)

17. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

i hope you get power back quickly!

We are a few of the lucky ones here in NYC we did not lose power! It is a mess out there for sure! Nothing is really open no one can really get anywhere all bridges and tunnels along with NYC transit remain closed. It's going to take at least 3-7 days to get public transportation back up. So many area's around here are flooded and there were bad fires firemen had to wade through the chest deep water to rescue people (evacuating would have helped). Still windy and some rain, but for the most part I think the worse is over! Hope I don't see that again for a very long time if ever!! Frankenstorm turned out to be the worse storm on record for us! Broke all kinds of records!!!

I hope everyone else is safe and if you've lost power hope it comes back soon! For those still in the path listen to the warnings it makes it that much easier for the first responders!

Be Safe all!

~Nannette

18. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

So glad you didn't loose you power!!! That really makes it tough for those that did. I hope you are stocked up with food and water?

Stay safe!

19. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

So glad to hear you are Ok Nannette.....Waiting to hear from our NJ friends/family.

20. BLTtinkerbell

BLTtinkerbell DIS Veteran

We lost power for a short time. Glad its back on & hope we don't lose it again. Last year, the power came back on and then it was off again for days.

We entertained ourselves with card games & Monolpoly. Had the candles, flameless candles & flashlights all set. It was fun!

No school for any of us again today. My DH teaches in the district where we live. I teach in a nearby district that doesn't close often. Lots of downed trees and wires in both districts.

I hope everyone stays safe and those without power get it back soon.

To all trying to get to WDW, I hope your flights go soon.

To all at WDW, Have a wonderful time!

21. dandydad12

dandydad12 Mouseketeer

I hope your flight goes with no problems , you have looked forward to this vacation for so long so a little wind and rain WILL NOT get in your way pixiedust:You and your husband have a great time , June is just around the corner . :beach:Enjoy .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.