2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm home from the cruise!!

Cruise was wonderful. Absolutely the best weather and sailing (thought we were docked ... ship never felt like it was moving) we've ever had. The Fantasy is absolutely beautiful but too large for my liking. Service was fantastic, food was in my opinion not quite as good as the Magic and Wonder but still better than any other cruise line I've been on. The food up on the pool deck (hamburgers, etc.) at the quick service places was absolutely horrible and I'd never eat there again!!! Bacon cheeseburger had raw bacon on it and the hamburger was cold and the cheese not melted. Just horrible. But the food in the main dining rooms and the buffets ... very very good.

Overall, I'm still a fan of the smaller ships but Bob preferred the Fantasy but agreed with my food assessment. I felt the Magic and Wonder was more intimate and we saw the same people over and over again whereas on the Fantasy it was way too big.

I was still the first guest on the adult beach at Castaway Cay so I handled the additional guests just fine. I absolutely love that place and all of you that know me know it is my "happy place."

Thanks again Dee for posting the pictures for me. Part of the fun on a Disney cruise is decorating the stateroom doors with magnets. Bob is like a kid. He can't wait for me to put on the decorations!!

Teena- Welcome back to the World and the cyberworld!

I posted the pictures from your departure, but I waited to post the pictures from the cruise until you could see them and answer any questions.

Now seems like a good time:

Bigship.jpg

Adult Pool:

Adultpool.jpg

Stateroom Picture:

Picture.jpg

It's All About the Food!

Breakfast

Breakfast.jpg

Palo Brunch (Sunday morning)

Palobrunch.jpg

Dinner

Dinner.jpg

Dude.jpg

At dinner, everyone had to draw a character and then it comes to life.

Drawing.jpg

Bobwine.jpg

Royal Court:

RoyalCourt.jpg

BobatRC.jpg

Breadbasket- wouldn't fit in Teena's carryon... :rolleyes1

Breadbasket.jpg

Mickeybar.jpg

Island Time!

St Marten (Tuesday)

StMarten.jpg

St. Thomas (Wednesday?)

StThomas.jpg

Teena's Paradise: Castaway Cay (Thursday?)

CCK.jpg

CCK2.jpg

Thanks to everyone who gave advice on transportation to mk. Its such a hard choice. I've always wanted to stay at mk... and I love epcot... but our kids are very young and we will probably be at mk most and need to take breaks back at the hotel. I wish it was an easier choice =) Thanks again!

Welcome home Teena!

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Looks like it was a wonderful place to be!

Everyone talks about the transportation from BC/YC being an issue. I've stayed at almost every resort on property and while many of them have reasons to stay at each of them, the main reason I stay at the BC/YC is the ease of transportation. Yes, it is easier to walk or monorail to MK from the CR. But overall nothing beats the Epcot area resorts for transportation. Each area had its challenges but for me the best option overall is this area. I've stayed at WL and loved it but the transportation to the other three parks was awful. Same goes for CR, Poly, PORFQ and sad to say AKL. AKL is great for AK but not for the other 3 parks. Just my 2 cents!

Teena, love the photos from the cruise! Taking a Disney cruise is pretty high on my to-do list right now.

What days are you working this week? Your usual Sunday and Monday?

We will be back to celebrate my sister's new job with Hospice.
October 27 - Nov 2
BC - Club

Thanks for posting the activities schedule...was kinda hoping Halloween week movies would include "Howl's Moving Castle". Such a fun movie....

Welcome back Teena...but looks like we will just miss seeing you this year.

I'll catch up with the thread tomorrow, and note any additions to the Be Our Guest list, but for now, a generic :welcome: to anyone new to this thread.

I also wanted to share an amazing review of the Captain's Grille breakfast buffet by emmysmommy. Great, comprehensive pictures. She posts pictures of the ala carte menu too! I'll be putting the link to this review on the Dining post on Page 1 of this thread.

Captain's Grille Breakfast Buffet, Review by emmysmommy

If you are into trip reports or dining reviews, check out hers (after you catch up on mine, of course! :rotfl2:)

Yep, I'll be there Sunday and Monday until my next trip (October 23rd).

We arrive of 10/27. I am guessing this means we will miss you. (10/28 & 10/29 would be the Sunday and Monday.)

Yep, I'll be there Sunday and Monday until my next trip (October 23rd).

Looking forward to seeing you in the lobby sometime on the 14th or 15th! My kids can't wait to do some pin trading with you. I showed them a picture of you and told them to look out for you! :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing you in the lobby sometime on the 14th or 15th! My kids can't wait to do some pin trading with you. I showed them a picture of you and told them to look out for you! :goodvibes

Looking forward to it!!! Tell them to ask to see my "secret pocket full of pins".

Teena- Welcome back to the World and the cyberworld!

I posted the pictures from your departure, but I waited to post the pictures from the cruise until you could see them and answer any questions.

Now seems like a good time:

Bigship.jpg

Adult Pool:

Adultpool.jpg

Stateroom Picture:

Picture.jpg

It's All About the Food!

Breakfast

Breakfast.jpg

Palo Brunch (Sunday morning)

Palobrunch.jpg

Dinner

Dinner.jpg

Dude.jpg

At dinner, everyone had to draw a character and then it comes to life.

Drawing.jpg

Bobwine.jpg

Royal Court:

RoyalCourt.jpg

BobatRC.jpg

Breadbasket- wouldn't fit in Teena's carryon... :rolleyes1

Breadbasket.jpg

Mickeybar.jpg

Island Time!

St Marten (Tuesday)

StMarten.jpg

St. Thomas (Wednesday?)

StThomas.jpg

Teena's Paradise: Castaway Cay (Thursday?)

CCK.jpg

CCK2.jpg

Great pics!! Makes me want to take a cruise now!

Welcome back Teena!!!

Jay

Good morning YC/BC Fans and members of the now-4-Day Club!!!! We're so excited to be at BC soon - especially Flat Ben who is getting tired of sitting on the kitchen counter and wants to get going!

Teena, Welcome Home!! Great photos - Bob looks so relaxed and happy! As you know, I'm with you on the big ship / small ship assessment. And I just love those photos from the verandah - nothing like sitting out on the verandah. Can't wait to hear more about it this Sunday!! Thinking we'll stop by in the afternoon right before our swim break. :) Are you in the lobby until 5pm?

Amanda, we've been wondering about the ToT 10 last weekend - just discovered that our middle son won't be eligible for the 1/2 until he's 14 in 2015, so we're really targeting the ToT if they do it again. How was it?

Good morning YC/BC Fans and members of the now-4-Day Club!!!! We're so excited to be at BC soon - especially Flat Ben who is getting tired of sitting on the kitchen counter and wants to get going!

Teena, Welcome Home!! Great photos - Bob looks so relaxed and happy! As you know, I'm with you on the big ship / small ship assessment. And I just love those photos from the verandah - nothing like sitting out on the verandah. Can't wait to hear more about it this Sunday!! Thinking we'll stop by in the afternoon right before our swim break. :) Are you in the lobby until 5pm?

Amanda, we've been wondering about the ToT 10 last weekend - just discovered that our middle son won't be eligible for the 1/2 until he's 14 in 2015, so we're really targeting the ToT if they do it again. How was it?

Until 5:45 PM. If I'm not there, just give me a few minutes. I'll turn up or ask one of the bellman.

I hope all of you heading to WDW within the next few days have an absolutely amazing time! ::MickeyMo

Please do let us know all about your trips once you return so that we can all live vicariously through you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter