2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so glad you and your kids were amused by the Flat Kids. I can't speak for Flat Katie and Flat Madalyn, but if your kids would really like to hang out with Flat Ben during your trip, that can be arranged...

That would be wonderful! We would love to "show" him around!! I told DS#1 this morning that we might get to take Flat Ben with us, and he got a huge smile on his face. "How does he feel about roller coasters?" he asked. ;)

Thank you!! What a fun idea!! I really think both my boys will enjoy this!

TeenaS said:
Guess who is going to Disneyland for a day? Me, Jeanne and Princess Lily. We're going to the beach and Disneyland over a 3 day weekend Jeanne has off from school while I'm there in late October. Three of Jeanne's other friends are going too. Should be fun!!

Hi Teena!! We really enjoyed our time at DL and DCA! Lily will love so many of the attractions there. If you venture over to DCA you have to check out Carsland. They really did it right!

Sounds like you had a great cruise...thanks for letting Dee post all the pictures. I would love to do a Disney cruise some day. At the end of the month hubby and I are taking a short cruise to Bermuda (out of NY) with 4 other couples.

Kerry

That would be wonderful! We would love to "show" him around!! I told DS#1 this morning that we might get to take Flat Ben with us, and he got a huge smile on his face. "How does he feel about roller coasters?" he asked. ;)

Thank you!! What a fun idea!! I really think both my boys will enjoy this!

Awesome! Can you email me at beachclubdee@yahoo.com so we can make arrangements. I can either mail FB to your home, or send one to the BC/YC for you to pick up when you check in.

Real Ben loves Big Thunder and Space Mountain, is not too keen on Everest and has not been on RockNRoller Coaster, but Flat Ben is fearless. No matter how scary something is, his expression never changes!

I added a few more pictures to the FB thread this morning.

In 28 sleeps we'll be waking up at Yacht Club. Too exciting :goodvibes

We're traveling from a very damp and chilly Cumbria in the UK. Can anyone clue me up as to what to expect from the weather there in early November? Will the kids be able to enjoy SAB? Is sitting poolside still a pleasure at this time of year?
TIA

Teena- what days are you working now-a-days? We will be checking in on Monday and checking out on Wednesday. Hope to see you!

Hi Teena!! We really enjoyed our time at DL and DCA! Lily will love so many of the attractions there. If you venture over to DCA you have to check out Carsland. They really did it right!

Sounds like you had a great cruise...thanks for letting Dee post all the pictures. I would love to do a Disney cruise some day. At the end of the month hubby and I are taking a short cruise to Bermuda (out of NY) with 4 other couples.

Kerry

Bermuda is our favorite of all the islands. We were just talking about booking a cruise there again maybe next summer. We love it in June and July ... it might be cold for you now but it's still beautiful ... whether it's 80's or 50's.

Teena- what days are you working now-a-days? We will be checking in on Monday and checking out on Wednesday. Hope to see you!

Sundays and Mondays (when I'm not visiting the Princess or on a cruise). I start at 9:30 AM and visit at 5:45 PM. If I'm not hanging in the lobby, I'm on a break or running around with a guest somewhere. I get guests that can't find the YC or Crews Cup or the Marketplace and I walk them to their destination once in a while ... easier than drawing a map.

I finally have time to start a synopsis of our recent BC vacation. The first week back is such a downer :sad1: and I jumped back into work with two 6 am shifts. :crazy2: I work afternoon today, so I have a little more time with the kids in school!

We were at BC from Sept. 21st until Sept. 27th, staying in a standard view room on CL. We actually had room #5648, which is right outside the CL lounge, and is the same room that we had last year! I overheard one of the CMs discussing future renovations to the CL lounge in 2014, which include expansion of the lounge---incorporating 5648 and possibly the room next door.

Room: #5648----large standard view corner room with 2 queen beds and a daybed. The room has a Juliet balcony only and 2 sets of windows. Can see high Illuminations fireworks while laying in bed. Can see Wishes from MK when looking out the window behind the daybed. View from the Juliet balcony is of a large tree in the courtyard outside the solarium, but can also see BCV. I did not take any view pictures this time, since I took them last year. I can repost for anyone who is interested. Room is right outside lounge, which was very convenient. I would usually pop over to the lounge and bring food back to the room, avoiding the rush for a table. Heard a little noise from the lounge area, but nothing that bothered us---we're up early and we were asleep early, even through the fireworks noise on a couple of nights. Disney wears us out! Room condition was fine.....a couple of small cosmetic issues which I commented on the BC survey I received via email on Monday. Beds were so comfortable!! Wi-Fi service was spotty in our room. I had the best service during the early morning hours (4-6 am), so it seemed to be somewhat related to the volume of traffic. I had similar issues with my cell phone service (Sprint).

Flight/Check-In: We flew out of Pittsburgh on the 6:05 am flight, which meant DH and I got up at 2 am and woke the kids up at 3 am. The flight was fine, full of other families heading to WDW. DS4 actually took a little nap, but the rest of us couldn't sleep. We landed at MCO around 8:30 am, waited for our luggage, and headed to Alamo to pick up our rental car. I had spent time on the transportation board and had booked a Standard size car. Alamo does not have a Standard size aisle at MCO, so you automatically get a Full size. I had booked the reservation using Working Advantage, which is a discount website that I can access with a registration code from my employer (I work for a hospital that is VHA affiliated), and had a 7 day rental for $148.00. We use the Alamo kiosk, which was quick and easy, but we had to stop at the counter in the garage, because our free extra driver with Alamo Insiders wasn't showing on the paperwork. After that was taken care of, we headed to the Full size aisle. DH spotted a Dodge Charger right away among the Camrys and Impalas, and said--We're taking the Charger, so he was happy.

The drive to BC was quicker than I remembered. We made a quick stop at the Hess Express at the corner of Epcot Resorts Blvd. to pick up some bottled water and beer (cans for SAB), then we were pulling in to BC. :cool1: We're finally here! We gave the luggage to bell services and were met at the door by a CM who took us up to 5th floor to check in. DH and the kids went into the lounge for a breakfast snack while I took care of the check in. Our room wasn't ready at this point, so we headed off to AK for a little while....we were walking into AK at 11 am.

We came back to BC around 2 pm and our room still was not ready. There was an issue with valves in that room and the room next door and the rooms currently did not have water and they did not have another room to put us in. :confused3 So we hung out in the lounge, waiting for maintenance to come up and take care of the issue. Maintenance finally arrived and took care of whatever needed to be done and we were in the room around 3:30 pm.

To be continued.......

Cindy

Just a few more days till we get to YC for our first YC/BC trip and first family trip to WDW!

Is the slide working? Any parts of the pool shut down?

Reposting my question since it looks like it might have gotten over looked.

Thanks!

Cindy, thanks for starting your report! How funny that you ended up in the exact same room. Those plans for the club lounge sound wonderful - we love it there, but it's always nice to hear about improvements! I know how you feel about the return. It's been a month (to the day) since we returned from our cruise to Alaska on the Wonder and I just LOVED that ship - very hard to return!

Leaving at around 4 a.m. Friday morning for the airport, and of course there is drama at work:sad2: If I am able to get everything taken care of by Thursday night it will be a miracle.

Kteacher, Hope it all works out! But I love your early flight! Wish we could get an early flight, but much has changed at our home airport. We used to land in Orlando around 11am, and now we're not landing until 4pm on Saturday - boo! Have safe and happy travels! :)

Guess who is going to Disneyland for a day? Me, Jeanne and Princess Lily. We're going to the beach and Disneyland over a 3 day weekend Jeanne has off from school while I'm there in late October. Three of Jeanne's other friends are going too. Should be fun!!

I am so excited for you! My dad, brother and I spent one day in DL back in 1978. I bet it has changed a little bit since then! ;)

pixarmom is a DL vet. Maybe she will have some tips for you this week.

Yay, Teena! OK, I know you've been to DL before and it isn't WDW, but with those little ones - SO FUN! And you mentioned going to the beach, so a word of warning - I'm going to lobby for Newport Beach when I see you on Sunday. Here's the thread I created regarding my favorite place: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2895078

So excited to hear from you (and more from LovintheLodge!) regarding Cars Land. When we went to DL earlier this year, it was not yet open. We'll be back in Newport/DL again next year, but that seems like a very long wait!

Real Ben loves Big Thunder and Space Mountain, is not too keen on Everest and has not been on RockNRoller Coaster, but Flat Ben is fearless. No matter how scary something is, his expression never changes!

Oh, he's going on RockNRoller Coaster this weekend!

And hello to all my fellow 3-Day Club members!!!

Missy, if you see this, hope you travel safely!

pixarmom said:
Missy, if you see this, hope you travel safely!

Thank you! We're here! This resort is so much more beautiful than I remembered. We're all changed into our pool gear and as soon as WeGoShop delivers our order, we'll head out to Stormalong Bay for the afternoon :-) I'll report more later.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I've got to post a big old WOW! I've heard the old hit and miss but this sounds like a good old home run. Maybe even a grand slam. :cool1:

I think it was a grand slam :) My only complaint is.........I didn't get to meet Teena!!! Ohhhh and one time the boats weren't running because of the lightening. BUT that ended up being a fun time as we met a father and son from TX and chatted for a bit. They were staying at the Wilderness Lodge and stopped over at the Yacht club to head over to Epcot. They ended up walking to Epcot and we ended up going over to the Marketplace to get our free cup and wait out the storm. We went to Epcot later, and waiting line to leave Epcot were the father and son we had talked to earlier. What a small world. (silly me why did I type that now I have that song in my head)

[
Yay, Teena! OK, I know you've been to DL before and it isn't WDW, but with those little ones - SO FUN! And you mentioned going to the beach, so a word of warning - I'm going to lobby for Newport Beach when I see you on Sunday. Here's the thread I created regarding my favorite place: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2895078

So excited to hear from you (and more from LovintheLodge!) regarding Cars Land. When we went to DL earlier this year, it was not yet open. We'll be back in Newport/DL again next year, but that seems like a very long wait!

One of Jeanne's teacher friends that is going along is from California so I'm not involved in anything. We'll only be at Disneyland on Saturday so I doubt we'll get over to California Adventure too. It's all what they want to do. I'm along mainly for Lily. I probably won't even know where we are staying until we get there.

I'm not a fan of Disneyland or California Adventure. Too small, compact and crowded so I'm really not excited about going at all ... only thing I'm happy about is spending time with Lily and Jeanne. In fact, if they didn't need me to get into the park, I'd as soon go to the beach with Lily and let them go to Disneyland. Been there, done that and not a fan!

We're traveling from a very damp and chilly Cumbria in the UK. Can anyone clue me up as to what to expect from the weather there in early November? Will the kids be able to enjoy SAB? Is sitting poolside still a pleasure at this time of year?
TIA

Here is the post from the FAQ section on Page 1 that deals with your question:

My trip is in December (November/January/February). Will it be warm enough to swim in SAB?

That depends. Where are you from?

The weather and temperature in Florida can vary greatly in the winter months. One day you are bundled up in coat and wool hat. The next you are in shorts. You can have extreme conditions in the same week.

The pools at Disney are all heated. The problem is usually not when you are in the pool, but it is the air temperature when you get out. Make sure you have a towel close by.

There is certainly a chance that one or more days of your vacation will be warm enough for swimming. So pack your swimsuit and hope for the best!

As Scar so eloquently sings in The Lion King "Be Prepared!"

I finally have time to start a synopsis of our recent BC vacation. The first week back is such a downer :sad1: and I jumped back into work with two 6 am shifts. :crazy2: I work afternoon today, so I have a little more time with the kids in school!

We were at BC from Sept. 21st until Sept. 27th, staying in a standard view room on CL. We actually had room #5648, which is right outside the CL lounge, and is the same room that we had last year! I overheard one of the CMs discussing future renovations to the CL lounge in 2014, which include expansion of the lounge---incorporating 5648 and possibly the room next door.

Room: #5648----large standard view corner room with 2 queen beds and a daybed. The room has a Juliet balcony only and 2 sets of windows. Can see high Illuminations fireworks while laying in bed. Can see Wishes from MK when looking out the window behind the daybed. View from the Juliet balcony is of a large tree in the courtyard outside the solarium, but can also see BCV. I did not take any view pictures this time, since I took them last year. I can repost for anyone who is interested. Room is right outside lounge, which was very convenient. I would usually pop over to the lounge and bring food back to the room, avoiding the rush for a table. Heard a little noise from the lounge area, but nothing that bothered us---we're up early and we were asleep early, even through the fireworks noise on a couple of nights. Disney wears us out! Room condition was fine.....a couple of small cosmetic issues which I commented on the BC survey I received via email on Monday. Beds were so comfortable!! Wi-Fi service was spotty in our room. I had the best service during the early morning hours (4-6 am), so it seemed to be somewhat related to the volume of traffic. I had similar issues with my cell phone service (Sprint).

Flight/Check-In: We flew out of Pittsburgh on the 6:05 am flight, which meant DH and I got up at 2 am and woke the kids up at 3 am. The flight was fine, full of other families heading to WDW. DS4 actually took a little nap, but the rest of us couldn't sleep. We landed at MCO around 8:30 am, waited for our luggage, and headed to Alamo to pick up our rental car. I had spent time on the transportation board and had booked a Standard size car. Alamo does not have a Standard size aisle at MCO, so you automatically get a Full size. I had booked the reservation using Working Advantage, which is a discount website that I can access with a registration code from my employer (I work for a hospital that is VHA affiliated), and had a 7 day rental for $148.00. We use the Alamo kiosk, which was quick and easy, but we had to stop at the counter in the garage, because our free extra driver with Alamo Insiders wasn't showing on the paperwork. After that was taken care of, we headed to the Full size aisle. DH spotted a Dodge Charger right away among the Camrys and Impalas, and said--We're taking the Charger, so he was happy.

The drive to BC was quicker than I remembered. We made a quick stop at the Hess Express at the corner of Epcot Resorts Blvd. to pick up some bottled water and beer (cans for SAB), then we were pulling in to BC. :cool1: We're finally here! We gave the luggage to bell services and were met at the door by a CM who took us up to 5th floor to check in. DH and the kids went into the lounge for a breakfast snack while I took care of the check in. Our room wasn't ready at this point, so we headed off to AK for a little while....we were walking into AK at 11 am.

We came back to BC around 2 pm and our room still was not ready. There was an issue with valves in that room and the room next door and the rooms currently did not have water and they did not have another room to put us in. :confused3 So we hung out in the lounge, waiting for maintenance to come up and take care of the issue. Maintenance finally arrived and took care of whatever needed to be done and we were in the room around 3:30 pm.

To be continued.......

Cindy

We stayed in that room in December 2010. It was very convenient, and very spacious. We loved that room!

Here is the post from the FAQ section on Page 1 that deals with your question:

My trip is in December (November/January/February). Will it be warm enough to swim in SAB?

That depends. Where are you from?

The weather and temperature in Florida can vary greatly in the winter months. One day you are bundled up in coat and wool hat. The next you are in shorts. You can have extreme conditions in the same week.

The pools at Disney are all heated. The problem is usually not when you are in the pool, but it is the air temperature when you get out. Make sure you have a towel close by.

There is certainly a chance that one or more days of your vacation will be warm enough for swimming. So pack your swimsuit and hope for the best!

As Scar so eloquently sings in The Lion King "Be Prepared!"

Thanks for your response, apologies for being a dunce and not noticing this on page 1! :blush:

I suspect even if everyone else is wearing said wooly hat we'll still be trying to catch some rays along SAB :beach:
We've felt pretty deprived this summer in these northern climes :sad:

TIA

From a fellow Brit, it will be tropical compared to home!!
We have floated round the lazy river at Blizzard Beach the beginning of Nov very happily, the lifeguards did have jackets on and thought we were nuts:confused3 but we were warm.
We were also stopped by the lifeguards at Santa Monica beach the end of October for sitting on the beach reading wondering if we were OK the temp was only 76!!

We have had the odd cool early morning/late evening at that time of year (7.30am character breakfast @ MK)

I have more of a problem with the fierce air con in shops/restaurants than outside.

We have been happy in short/t-shirts with a hoody/fleece for morning,evening and air con and I would pack a pair of capri's in case of cooler weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter