2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
YC we're coming home! Sorry, just had to post, so excited! Coming down for 3 nights in Oct. for F&W. My daughter is a CM and was not able to book YC originally so had to settle :rotfl2: for a different resort. Luckily this morning YC opened up and were able to switch to our all time favorite resort!:banana:

YC we're coming home! Sorry, just had to post, so excited! Coming down for 3 nights in Oct. for F&W. My daughter is a CM and was not able to book YC originally so had to settle :rotfl2: for a different resort. Luckily this morning YC opened up and were able to switch to our all time favorite resort!:banana:

Wow - so exciting!!! Love to see that happen! :)

We stayed at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods in June for our 10th anniversary. Romantic??? I guess that just depends on your company. :goodvibes

They have a great variety in fine dining restaurants and lots of entertainment. ::yes::

Last year we did a weekend getaway in Boston. We stayed at the Boston Harbor Hotel. It is beautiful we've actually have stayed there 3x. Really close to Fanneuil Hall and the Italian side.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We spent our anniversary last year up in Ogunquit at the Gazebo Inn. It's a bed & breakfast. Beautiful place. Room was fantastic! We stayed in the Barn. Doesn't sound romantic, but it really is gorgeous. And the owners were wonderful. And breakfast...so good! We can't wait to go back.

http://www.gazeboinnogt.com/

Thanks for all the suggetions. I appreciate it!

My daughter did this two years ago at Epcot (Japan). IMO that's the best place to do it. They do such a cute ceremony. She picked a hairy, ugly shell and got 2 pearls from it! She had a stirling necklace made. Considering the cost of souvenirs in general, I thought this was great...and what a nice memory.

Kerry

Thanks Kerry! That must have been a great surprise for her! I'll try to steer my daughter to an ugly hairy one hahapixiedust:

My daughter did this two years ago at Epcot (Japan). IMO that's the best place to do it. They do such a cute ceremony. She picked a hairy, ugly shell and got 2 pearls from it! She had a stirling necklace made. Considering the cost of souvenirs in general, I thought this was great...and what a nice memory.

Kerry

Totally OT but How was California? How did Disneyland compare to WDW?

Wow! I forgot to check on this thread and there were about 75 pages to go through- but I found out some handy tips & the answers to several questions. :thumbsup2

As I thought more about it, I figured that was probably the case- so guests of the EPCOT resorts could enter through the Gateway, pick up a FP to Soarin' then return back to the resort, etc...
When I read this, it was like- "Oh, can I really do that?" :rotfl2: Of course location is one of the reasons why we're staying there, but what that actually means is not always obvious if you haven't stayed at YC/BC before!

One thing I wanted to know, is there any supersecret quick way to get to EPCOT from the YC? I saw the pic of the BC supersecret door, that's what made me wonder.

One thing I wanted to know, is there any supersecret quick way to get to EPCOT from the YC? I saw the pic of the BC supersecret door, that's what made me wonder.

I was intrigued by the idea of a BC secret entrance. When I did a search I found out that it was the exit door that was right next to room 1501, a room we once had as a free upgrade.

Anyway, we stayed at the YC once and there was a door that exited the building at the perfect place to make the walk to the International Gateway a straight shot. If you look at this map

http://www.disneyzone.net/ResortMaps/ycfirstfloormap.jpg

you can see that there is an exit door next to the laundry and ice machine. These doors have the locks on them so that you need a room key to get in, but they are great short cuts. We used these doors everywhere we stayed.

Of course you would have to have a room that was near this door to make it a real shortcut. :)

I was intrigued by the idea of a BC secret entrance. When I did a search I found out that it was the exit door that was right next to room 1501, a room we once had as a free upgrade.

Anyway, we stayed at the YC once and there was a door that exited the building at the perfect place to make the walk to the International Gateway a straight shot. If you look at this map

http://www.disneyzone.net/ResortMaps/ycfirstfloormap.jpg

you can see that there is an exit door next to the laundry and ice machine. These doors have the locks on them so that you need a room key to get in, but they are great short cuts. We used these doors everywhere we stayed.

Of course you would have to have a room that was near this door to make it a real shortcut. :)

Thanks!
This is another example of me not really understanding the layout that well. I'd have thought somewhere on the north side would be faster, but the curve of the resorts around the lake makes this quicker.

So, could I just request to be near the laundry? That would put me close to this door- but I have a garden view room so maybe not.

Thanks!
This is another example of me not really understanding the layout that well. I'd have thought somewhere on the north side would be faster, but the curve of the resorts around the lake makes this quicker.

So, could I just request to be near the laundry? That would put me close to this door- but I have a garden view room so maybe not.

If the garden view means that you are looking at the quiet pool, then that is fine. As long as you are near that section of the resort you would be close enough. You may want to request a room on the first or second floor so that you can use the stairs easily instead of having to walk to the elevators in the center. In fact, our room looked at the quiet pool, which was nice and relaxing.

Thanks!

I had to laugh about the request to be near the laundry. Does the BC have a booking category called "Laundry room view"? :thumbsup2

One of the ways to get a peek at the general layout is to look at the resort on Google Earth. You can really see the relationship between the end of the BC and the path to the International Gate in EPCOT.

~NM

Dee- I almost forgot can you adjust my dates slightly... We added 10/31 on an AP discount so we are set for 10/31-11/4 :cool1::cool1:

Done!

:woohoo: for adding a day!

Halloween is such a great day!

:cool1:

Congratulations! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

Has anyone done pick a pearl? Do they still have it at the y&b club? I got my daughter a cinderallas coach necklace to put the pearl in! It will be a surprise for her...can't wait!

I'll agree with the others. I watched the Pick-A-Pearl ceremony in Japan and it was really fun. I'll have a few pictures when I get to that point in my TR in a couple of weeks, but by then you will probably be on your trip.

If the garden view means that you are looking at the quiet pool, then that is fine..

Looking at the quiet pool would not be a GV room since water is in the picture. If you are GV at YC, the only way to go is to request a Gazebo view. You are GV as you are looking at green space, you get the weddings to watch at the gazebo, and if you look to your right or your left off the balcony you get the lagoon and maybe even SAB. Also, if you get the right placement, that back entrance by the laundry room is a much shorter walk than going back to the lobby. There is also an elevator by this entrance just in case you are on the third or fourth floor.

I can't believe I changed my reservation again. We are doing a split stay with 2 nights at CSR and 6 nights BC CL. It had been 3 nights CSR, and 5 at BC. I'm a little nervous about staying at CSR. It's our first moderate stay.

Now I'm starting to get nervous about the refurbishment going on at BC. Is HH being closed the biggest inconvenience?

I had to laugh about the request to be near the laundry. Does the BC have a booking category called "Laundry room view"? :thumbsup2

One of the ways to get a peek at the general layout is to look at the resort on Google Earth. You can really see the relationship between the end of the BC and the path to the International Gate in EPCOT.

~NM

You know, this could become the "Next Big Thing"...........I can just see all the CM's trying to figure out why the huge increase of Laundry Room requests!!!!

After getting lost twice (yes, it sometimes takes me a while to figure things out) this year looking for the laundry room while holding an overflowing bag of dirty clothes, this may be my next request ;)

If you are staying CL in October, and you request and/or receive an activities schedule for the month, could you please provide a copy to me so I can post it here?

Thanks!!!

Dee

I can't believe I changed my reservation again. We are doing a split stay with 2 nights at CSR and 6 nights BC CL. It had been 3 nights CSR, and 5 at BC. I'm a little nervous about staying at CSR. It's our first moderate stay.

Now I'm starting to get nervous about the refurbishment going on at BC. Is HH being closed the biggest inconvenience?

Change noted.

~NM

Sorry, if you can see the washers, that's considered a Water view.

Ninja Mom and natebenma, You guys are hilarious!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I understand there are some benefits to a laundry room view. :laughing:
I used to bring a roll of quarters with me, I usually need to do a wash or two. Last time, though, the TSA guy had a cow over my roll of quarters. :rolleyes:
I explained twice what it was, and then he cautiously dug down in my purse and pulled out...a roll of quarters. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter