2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Thanks guys!!! I actually went ahead and upgraded to SV CL, and was able to apply the 40% discount!!! :dance3:

Now, I've got a YC CL, POLY CL split stay...sounds like pure :cloud9:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. QueenElinor

QueenElinor Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Now this is news I can use! Thanks.:thumbsup2

This is a pet peeve of mine- I find that extremely disgusting. Not that you are blaming them, but maybe it's not housekeeping's fault...even my kids know to completely unfold a napkin and cover up the tray, then give housekeeping a call. Not too long ago I stayed at a hotel where the restaurant actually requested to be called when we were through so they could clear the table- and they did. That was awesome.

Thank you so much for the photos, so nice of you to post all that!! Now I can let them know exactly what I want so I don't get the "laundry room view". :goodvibes
    (And what does that little sign there by the door say?).

4. jeanf11

jeanf11 Earning My Ears

If you go back stay at the anchorage , it is on marginal way with an amazing view of the ocean!

5. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

Love your YC pics!

6. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Now that we have a SV CL room at YC, I am wondering about an ideal location...close to lobby and pool?? Suggestions on wording, or will that suffice?

7. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Wow - do you think we were upgraded without knowing it? I'm certainly no expert regarding YC view categories - I just booked YC GV and we received the room in the photos. So I should qualify the "YC GV" on the photos if that's actually one of the lagoon/pool views. (But in any case, we love that room - yay!)

8. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

The little sign by the door says, "Room Key Access 11pm - 7am!"

9. sndral

sndral DIS Veteran

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndral/6514364403/in/photostream

This was my 'garden' view last year @ the YC, taken from the balcony. I suspect I may have been upgraded, but no one said anything. In any event I was thrilled! I did online check in and made no requests.
    If I looked down I could see the wedding gazebo, btw.

10. threedisprincesses

threedisprincesses Mouseketeer

Sweet view!

11. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

We had the same view and were told at check in we were given a "nice" water view. We had also booked and paid for GV, but on my receipt it said water/lagoon view :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

The adventures of Flat Ben continue!!!

And now he has made friends!

Flat Ben, Flat Katie and Flat Madalyn are currently in the world with the girls' parents (Kat in GA and her DH) who enjoying a couples only trip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out the link in my signature if you want more.

13. Katesdad

Katesdad DIS Veteran

Based on what has been said by Teena and others, I've got to think that was a GV given the large tree blocking the view. It seems that you can get a GV and still see water in the distance, off to the side, or through the trees. Don't tell DISNEY!!! They may start a fourth catagory and charge us more! Of course there are those trees that have those certain male stars lurking in them. But I think those are a separate room catagory all unto themselves.

14. Katesdad

Katesdad DIS Veteran

Welcome home Teena. Can't wait to hear how the "big" ship was.

15. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Teena is back home from her cruise. She and Bob had a great time! I will post the pictures she sent to me sometime today. Teena just texted me to let me know that when she got home, her internet connection was down. :badpc:

Hopefully she will back online soon!

16. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

Here's the wierd thing - YC GV can include views of the quiet pool, BC GV does not. Now that may have changed lately but for years it was the strangest thing pool view (quiet pool) YC but not BC quiet pool views counted as GV!

17. janinev7

janinev7 Mouseketeer

We are only 14 days out now! So of course I have questions swimming around in my head. I'm hoping some of you have done bibbidi bobbidi boutique and can answer this question...do we need to bring a comb? I have it written in my notes with a "?" so I don't know if I will need to bring one with me for daughter's appointment..does anyone know? :offtopic: sorry it's off topic but this is the most knowledge group of people around:worship:

18. cindydare

cindydare Mouseketeer

We are home from BC. :sad: We flew home on Thursday night and I spent most of yesterday trying to recover. :upsidedow

I am in the process of downloading pics to photobucket, so I can send Dee some more Flat Ben pics, and post a couple on here.

We had a really good time and we love BC just as much as before! I'll post more later today or tomorrow.

Cindy

19. cindydare

cindydare Mouseketeer

We did BBB two years ago and I think that I did take a comb with me, but I can't remember if the fairy godmother in training used mine or not.

20. JoshMom5

JoshMom5 Wish I could to WDW every year

Can't wait to see your pics. We leave in only 64 days!

21. kelleigh1

kelleigh1 <font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree

4 weeks or 28 days!!!! Woohoo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.