2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

Evening update: well, after a light drizzle this morning, it has been a steady heavy rain all evening. News reports say there has been over an inch of rain. No lightening tho, so that's good. Took the boat to the Studios & transferred to a bus to Wilderness Lodge for dinner @ Artist Point. Not our favorite meal & a pain to travel like that in the rain. DH is not big on cabs, but next time that's what we'll do.

Epcot was great today. Saw a few school groups, but they were well behaved & not a problem. We were let in from the International Gateway @ about 8:45. Walked right to Soarin; grabbed a fastpass to return from 9:40, then walked right into the loading area. Hope to have the same luck tomarrow with Toy Story Mania.

There is still some work going on @ the pool, right in front of the hair salon. The area is semi blocked from view with white scrims, but it is right below our room. I can see some white plastic pipes from the balcony but it doesn't seem to affect much of the swimming area.

Despite the rain it's been a very relaxing vacation so far. Wish we Had planned a litle longer stay!

I just realized that I did not give you a proper welcome to the thread. So

:welcome:

If you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, let us know the dates of your trip.

:cool1:

We will be arriving on July 8th A.M. and leaving July 15th P.M. Family of 4 DH, DD - 14, DD-12 and DW. DH and I were in WDW 20 years ago and stayed at the POR when it first opened. This will probably be our families only trip to WDW because we live in CA and go to Disneyland every few years. Next year I would like to go on a cruise to Alaska and would love to hear of anybodies experience especially if they went on Disney Cruise line.

Evening update: well, after a light drizzle this morning, it has been a steady heavy rain all evening. News reports say there has been over an inch of rain. No lightening tho, so that's good.The area is semi blocked from view with white scrims, but it is right below our room. I can see some white plastic pipes from the balcony but it doesn't seem to affect much of the swimming area.

Despite the rain it's been a very relaxing vacation so far. Wish we Had planned a litle longer stay!

So thankful for your update because you just reminded me that I need to make stop at walmart tomorrow for some ponchos! Glad you are enjoying your time there! Keep the updates coming :)

We will be arriving on July 8th A.M. and leaving July 15th P.M. Family of 4 DH, DD - 14, DD-12 and DW. DH and I were in WDW 20 years ago and stayed at the POR when it first opened. This will probably be our families only trip to WDW because we live in CA and go to Disneyland every few years. Next year I would like to go on a cruise to Alaska and would love to hear of anybodies experience especially if they went on Disney Cruise line.

Hi! :wave2: I'm from California, too. We thought we'd only get to WDW once, too, but we have managed to go more often, but it's much easier for us to get to DL (and less expensive).

I took the DCL Alaska cruise last summer out of Vancouver. It was me, my DH, DD14, and my DM. We had a fantastic time. I'd be happy to answer any questions -- just PM me. Love chatting about it! :goodvibes

I know ... I used to be able to stay up late ... not anymore. It's rough getting old!

I won't be there when you are there. My Mom always took me on a mother/daughter vacation each year and when my Mom passed, I started taking Jeanne on a mother/daughter vacation to keep the tradition going. No men, no kids ... just some "women time". This year we leave on 6/23 for a dude ranch in Buena Vista, Colorado. We fly back on 7/1. They've informed us there is no cell phone service, only electricity is generators so after "lights out", you need to bring and use flashlights. It's not really roughing it though. We have our own two bedroom cabin with maid service. It should be a hoot! I think maybe after this, we'll go back to the caribbean.

I do the same thing with my daughter(s). Love our mom/daughter trips. No men allowed! It is a special thing. They are both in their 20's and I'm so happy they still like going away and spending some time with me.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. They made me eggs Benny, then took me downtown, walked around, got taken out for lunch, then Hubbie had ribs BBQing on the BBQ. :goodvibes

Can you schedule a character call for a resort stay? :scratchin That's what we did for our cruise when we surprised our boys, but I can't remember if you can do that for WDW. (We are DVC, so I don't know what the folks with "regular" reservations can get, LOL.)

How would I schedule that out?

So I have obsessively been reading this thread since booking our trip.

I just told DH I am not sure I can wait another 43 days and I may have to add a day or two on the front of the trip because I just want to be there. :rolleyes1

ohhh... I did ask him what he thought if maybe I just spend the summer at BC( I teach so no work in the summer) He did not seem to open to this idea :confused3 Not my fault I told him 13 years ago to become a teacher. Then he could stay too :lmao:

Hey Couchy, I'm with you. We have 42 days and I can't stand the wait!! Looks like we'll be there at the same time! I teach also, and I love your idea of moving into the BC for the summer. Unfortunately, my husband wouldn't go for it either. I hope the days go swiftly for you...and maybe we'll see you around SAB!

Ryan

Hi! I'm Amy and we are planning a Sept. visit and staying at the BC. I just stayed at YC on an AEP trip and I LOVED it, but I was with all adults and it just didn't seem like the best fit for my kids. The location is amazing and we are making some plans that will make up for not being super close to MK (we usually stay at the Poly).

Looking forward to chatting about BC and learning more about how awesome it is!!

:wave2: Amy

:welcome:

You are certainly in the right place to chat about all things BC/YC/BCV and much more!

If you would like to be added to the Page 1 Be Our Guest list, let us know the dates of your trip.

Oops! I just realized that I never posted my changes for the Be Our Guest List. With all of my changes, I really shouldn't even ask to be listed until I know for SURE where I will be. :worried: Sorry to be a bother. :goodvibes

We are now at YC-CL from 6/2-6/5 to kick off our 4 way CL split. :banana::banana::banana: If it's not too much of a bother, can you please update my info. :flower3:

Thanks again for all of the awesome info on this thread. Although I don't post much, I read it all! :coffee: Love it! :worship:

Not a problem at all!

Thanks for the additional info.

You are going to Florida the same week that we have gone the past 3 years- we love this time of year at the World!

There are lots of great trip reports in the Cruise Line forum of the DIS- I can personnally recommend "You'll Never Get Me On A Cruise- Unless it's to Alaska" by eandesmom.

By the way- Now is probably a good time for everyone to take a look at the guest list, confirm that your info is listed correctly and see who is traveling at the same time as you. Let me know if any changes are need. Thanks! Dee

Post 13: Community Page and Be Our Guest list

Thanks for the updates. Checked the radar a couple times yesterday and thought it looked kinda bad. Glad you were still able to relax.

Enjoy and keep us posted!

@ Rorey- thanks for the photos of your king bed room!

@ focusondisney- thanks so much for your wonderful updates from the World. We all love hearing what is going on in our happy place!

Hey Couchy, I'm with you. We have 42 days and I can't stand the wait!! Looks like we'll be there at the same time! I teach also, and I love your idea of moving into the BC for the summer. Unfortunately, my husband wouldn't go for it either. I hope the days go swiftly for you...and maybe we'll see you around SAB!

Ryan

I am a teacher too. What if we all pooled our resources and got one of the Deluxe CL rooms to share!

Packing uph the taxi and heading to the airport!!! Beach Club here we come!!!

Have a wonderful time!

Ryan

I plan on spending a lot of time at SAB with a refreshing beverage from HH in hand. I am still working on adding that day at the start of the trip. Trying to pick up some tutoring gigs to offset the cost...I am sure we will run into you around SAB either way:woohoo:

Getting excited for our trip. 100 days away. Should I request a room with a day bed when they already know their will be 5 people?:confused3

How would I schedule that out?

We were able to do it from the Disney Cruise Line website after we had booked our cruise--it was somewhere in the "Vacation Planning" section and had a header like "Have Our Characters Call Your Characters" or something very close to that.

Does anyone know if you can schedule a character call for a WDW trip and how one does that?

If that isn't going to work, I know you can order the personalized park maps from the WDW website (in "Vacation Planning"), so that might be something to incorporate into however you surprise them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter