2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little afraid I'll get stuck at the back end of beyond. I had a room once at the Beach Club that if you took a couple more steps you were in the Yacht Club. And the hike to the elevator was horrible. That long hike at the end of the day can seem like it takes forever. Just wanted a little reassurance. Thanks.

I had a room like that once, too. It was at the end of the BC rooms. Let's hope that the odds are with you and you get something better this time. :)

Teena - have a great trip to see your Princess!

I'm catching up on the boards, finally finished editing our 200+ photos from the photo pass and just ordered the cd. My proposed summer trip to WDW is not in the works any longer - our two weeks at Lake Winnipesaukee (did I spell that right?) is now THREE! ;) in the summer for three lazy weeks, Ill take it! And then my Uncle is getting married at Hotel Hershey in August so looks like we are doing Hershey Park.

While I will miss my beloved WDW, I know we will be back in January for a land/sea combo so I will just have to wait out my time for sunken treasures and live vicariously through you good folk on this board :)

Looking forward to reading Dee's report!

Make sure to eat some lobster while you're there!!

We are thinking about staying at the Beach Club in 2014 for my 40th birthday. We are usually a value family so when my husband suggested the BC, I almost fainted. I am going to go back and read this whole thread. I am excited about the possibility of being able to walk to EPCOT and DHS. Thanks to everyone for providing all the information on this thread.

There is a really great link with lots of pictures of the ale and compass breakfast offerings on page 1 in the dining section. Hth.

at airport.
Have a great week everybody

Thanks for this. It looks like there has been some upgrades to page 1 since the last time I read it a year or so ago. This will be our 4th stay at the resort in 2 years. I should be answering questions not asking them LOL.

I am still catching up after a week away.
Ninja Mom, this is the second or third time I have seen you give the advice to all to use the common areas inside the BCV building. These two areas are not available for the guests of the Beach Club, but for Villa guest only. As a DVC BCV owner, I pay many hundreds (over a thousand) dollars a year just in maintainence fees on my membership to, among other things, maintain these spaces. I understand that your husband discovered these rooms and enjoyed them. I agree that there is no one there to "throw him out". That doesn't make it right.
Everyone has the option to join DVC to enjoy DVC benefits. If you can not or choose not, please respect the spaces that are reserved for members only. I don't mean to be a PIA, but I pay a lot of money each and every year, whether I go or not, for the DVC benefits I have. I want to be able to enjoy the peace and quiet you describe, and that I pay for.
Thanks

Hey Hopefully, '
First time I've heard this.
Thanks for letting me know. I too am a DVC owner at BCV''s and have never heard this. Is it posted in the villas? Is it somewhere in the deed? Is it in our paper we receive at checkin?
And that lead me to more questions, Does it include the pool? Are the Villa people allowed to use the Solarium? SAB?
Wow. Guess I need educating too.

Beginning our vacation in October at AoA and then moving to YC :beach: for the final 4 days of our trip (Nov 7-10). I have stayed at BC 2x on solo trips before, but this time is for my dear DH to experience such a great resort. Only 254 days to go!! (Did I mention how excited I am!?! :cool1:) Just the HOPE of warmth and sunshine and beaches is a great thing on this wintery day just north of Pittsburgh (Go Pens!!:goodvibes) ! Thanks to all on this thread that help me be informed and encouraged to (im)patiently wait out the next 8 months :flower3:

In true psuedo Dee style, I added you to the BOG list on page one, (She will officially add upon return)
:wave2:
Welcome!

I had a room like that once, too. It was at the end of the BC rooms. Let's hope that the odds are with you and you get something better this time. :)

We've had the farthest room on 4th floor of BC closest to YC & then we had farthest room on 4th floor of YC closest to BC! What's the likelihood of that? :confused3 Both were so far from elevator!!

Everyone has the option to join DVC to enjoy DVC benefits. If you can not or choose not, please respect the spaces that are reserved for members only. I don't mean to be a PIA, but I pay a lot of money each and every year, whether I go or not, for the DVC benefits I have. I want to be able to enjoy the peace and quiet you describe, and that I pay for.
Thanks

I don't think you are correct. Anyone can rent rooms through Disney on a cash basis for any DVC resort. All resorts are open to the public, and visitors are welcome.

Beach Club/Yacht Club Resort guests are allowed to use the pool at BCV, so it doesn't make sense to forbid them from other public areas. This link from the Disney resort site specifically states that Beach Club/Yacht Club guests may use all pools throughout the complex.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/beach-club-resort/pools-beach-club-resort/

I don't think you are correct. Anyone can rent rooms through Disney on a cash basis for any DVC resort. All resorts are open to the public, and visitors are welcome.

Beach Club/Yacht Club Resort guests are allowed to use the pool at BCV, so it doesn't make sense to forbid them from other public areas. This link from the Disney resort site specifically states that Beach Club/Yacht Club guests may use all pools throughout the complex.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/beach-club-resort/pools-beach-club-resort/

Agreed... These are public areas. Not only can members rent their points, but Disney themselves have a percentage of inventory that can be used for cash customers, just as stated above. Anyways, each time i walk by the area described, it's always empty, or at most, i've seen one or 2 people there.

We are thinking about staying at the Beach Club in 2014 for my 40th birthday. We are usually a value family so when my husband suggested the BC, I almost fainted. I am going to go back and read this whole thread. I am excited about the possibility of being able to walk to EPCOT and DHS. Thanks to everyone for providing all the information on this thread.

Cool!! I will be 40 in 2014 also!!!!

natebenma said:
I know some of you are curious about where I am going. Perhaps a few of you are guessing that I am (or should be) going to rehab, after the posts from a couple of days ago.

Nope!

But I do have a startling confession to make. I have been cheating on you. I have been hanging around on another discussion board!!!

:guilty:

The Unofficial Barcelo Maya site is a lot like the DIS- vacation planning questions, trip reports, etc. however it is WAY smaller in scope than the DIS. As I hinted in a post, I am doing a Drink of the Day Countdown over there- posting photos from past trips.

Drink of the Day

The really ironic thing is that my husband and I dont drink that much. Really. Very rarely when we are home, and a little bit on vacation. Several of the drinks on my countdown are actually non-alcoholic versions ordered by the boys.

:ssst:

Anyway, I want to wish you all a wonderful week! Ill be checking back a couple of times before I go, but Ill probably be mostly lurking. Lots of last minute things to do.

MickeyT- The list is yours!

Adios, mi amigos

Dee :beach:

Have a fabulous trip! We stayed on the colonial side in 2006 and loved it!!! No complaints whatsoever. The swim up bar was the highlight of the trip and the beach is gorgeous. Now back to Disney planning (which won over a Punta Cana trip).

I'd love to hear what you think of Segway tour! DH & I think it looks really cool! Anyone else do it?

This may be old news since it was posted 9 days ago (catch up mode here), but my husband and I did the segway tour on our adult only trip a couple years ago and had a really great time. We both loved learning how to ride a segway and then getting to actually use it. We got to go around world showcase before it opened, so there weren't any people that we had to work around. They keep the classes pretty small - around 10 or so.

There was one lady in our group that fell off her segway. I don't really know what she was doing when she did that, but she got up and got back on it.;) And you get to wear those awesome helmets.:rotfl2: I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

I can't answer your question about entering through the gateway - we were coming from POFQ, so we went through the front gate.

A question then??!! Do most people opt not to do the dining plan when staying club level?

I have no idea. It just seemed to make sense for us. We won't really need the mugs since we'll have the lounge. As far as dining choices, many of the places that I wanted to eat are not buffets, so my daughter and I should be able to share a meal and not be so wasteful. Seemed that saving money in some of those manners would help me justify the additional cost of CL.:cool1: Since our kids are younger, it will be nice for my husband to step down the hall with them when they're ready and feed them while I'm still getting dressed, too!

Good going!
Here is a complimentary Bacon Wrapped Scallop to celebrate your new choice!

15_minute_cajun_bacon_wrapped_scallops.jpg

~NM

I'm looking forward to partaking in some of those bacon wrapped scallops!! That's right up my alley!!::yes::

Hey Hopefully, '
First time I've heard this.
Thanks for letting me know. I too am a DVC owner at BCV''s and have never heard this. Is it posted in the villas? Is it somewhere in the deed? Is it in our paper we receive at checkin?
And that lead me to more questions, Does it include the pool? Are the Villa people allowed to use the Solarium? SAB?
Wow. Guess I need educating too.

Seems that I have been living in a mis-informed world. I apologize if I posted incorrect info - that is a pet peeve of mine.
I was told by the first guide we spoke with many years ago, that these spaces were exclusive to DVC owners. I also think that our first planning guide of years ago (remember when each resort was featured, and every villa had a floor plan?) stated such. But I don't have that document any more.
My belief was bolstered by the fact that Non DVCers can't use the Community Halls at the resorts (can they?), that CR guests can not use the pool at BLT, that the general public can not visit the Top of the World lounge, and indeed BLT access is key controlled. What about the pool at Kidani - can all AKL guests use it or is it also only for DVC members?
I do read my annual budget documents cover to cover and I know that "shared services" are things like Front Desk services, Concierge services, Security, Transportation etc. But if the Villa building needs a new roof, my membership fees pay for that. If the Villa building needs to be painted, my membership fees pay for that. If the Villa building needs new furniture, my membership fees pay for that. You get the idea. The Villa building costs are exclusive to DVC owners there. So it made sense to me, and I believed, the use of the Villa building was exclusive to DVC members.
Thanks

My belief was bolstered by the fact that Non DVCers can't use the Community Halls at the resorts (can they?), that CR guests can not use the pool at BLT, that the general public can not visit the Top of the World lounge, and indeed BLT access is key controlled. What about the pool at Kidani - can all AKL guests use it or is it also only for DVC members?

I don't know about Community Halls, but that sounds like it is a members only area of the resort.

AKL guests can use all the pools at the resorts, including those at Kidani. The restaurant at Kidani is open to the general public as well. The VWL also allow WL resort guests to use the pool there.

BLT seems to have different rules.

Sorry Double Post - I really am making a mess today :-)

I am a DVC owner at AK Kadani... I can tell you that there are people who stay there on a cash basis.... they would be allowed to use any parts of the resort including the pool. I hear what you are saying about the dues... I pay very high dues because there is a lot of upkeep to be done at the AK resort... Animals and such and yes that is part of the dues! The bottom line is until (and I hope this doesn't happen) Disney posts people to enforce whatever the rules are things won't change. The reality of it all is do we really know who should be in the "DVC only spaces" and who shouldn't when we are there? As long as they aren't causing trouble or being loud who cares if they sit there?!?! The only way to really control it is to have it completely DVC... where ALL areas of the DVC resort are card access only... That won't happen I hope!

Just my 2 cents! Now back to your regularly scheduled chat!!

~Nannette

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter