2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Thank you so much :). I don't think we'd use the microwave and the sofa bed isn't important either, so I guess we'd be better in the standard room, are we allowed to visit the quiet pool at the villas or not?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Lots of questions about the BC CL GV rooms.

This is the info I have. There are 8 or 9 rooms in this category. Either one or none have a daybed, which is why they can only be booked for families of 4 (plus child under 3).

As some of you have noted, this category can't be booked for families of 5.

I don't have any details in my notes about how many of these rooms are connecting or handicap-accessible.

This exchange was a few pages back. A dormer balcony refers to the roof over the balcony. I didn't know that until reading the response from Wood Nymph.

See above.

All BC CL GV rooms DO have full balconies.

As noted, unfortunately, families of 5 are no longer able to book the BC CL GV category.

And, BUMP!

Anyone have suggestions for Garden Room views at the Beach Club (I don't think necessarily only CL). I think I have heard others say they like the volleyball courtyard view. I think if you request a woods view, or facing EPCOT, you will be close to Secret Entrance/Exit location (around room 1501) and will be very close to EPCOT.

Input from guests who have stayed in garden view rooms appreciated! Pictures if possible

4. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:welcome: Ziggy!

Yes, any guests of the Yacht & Beach Club resort and Beach Club Villas may use any of the quiet pools. There are quiet pools located at the villas, Beach Club and Yacht Club, plus Stormalong Bay, of course!

Let us know when you book a trip!

5. Me!Thatswho

Me!Thatswho Mouseketeer

Thanks for the update. We're coming down Thursday morning, and have set time aside for a pool day on Sunday. It wouldn't be the same without HH! My DD, Hannah, will be relieved that her favorite QS, cause of the name of course, will be open.:)

6. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Great show!!! That was actually the first community theatre performance my boys did, back in 2009. At the time, my older son was involved too. They were both flying monkeys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:woohoo: Stealth, last minute trip!

Thanks so much for sharing the info you heard about Hurricane Hanna's!

Can't wait to hear that is finally opened, and to see the first pictures and menus!

8. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Thank you for all of that info! I am still conflicted! What would the YC/BC experts suggest?? Stick with my YC GV (non-CL) room, or move to BC GV CL room????

There are no YC CL rooms available under my discount...I could keep calling and see if something opens up....or I could just take the BC room. My family is PRO-CL for sure, so.......:confused3

9. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

Here is a rundown/jpunal of our last three days at the BC. Been crazy busy so I just kept a little rundown. Time to leave now so last post from Florida....

Friday
    Up and park running this morning. We hit Epcot with a mission. Not Mission Space but a mission just the same. Did all the usuals. Test track cooperated and the rest of Future World was a blast. We came. We toured. We conquered. Lunch at Sunshine Seasons and gentle walk around after that.
    Drove out to the Expo at ESPN to pick up our race packets. Then drove over to the Poly for our traditional prerace dinner. I know many of you know about it but I love Kona. The Kona bread alone is worth the trip over if you are staying elsewhere. Then there is that wonderful Dole Whip machine downstairs at Captain Cooks beckoning you for a post dinner treat. Nothing like sitting outside on the patio listening to the Poly music watching the torches and hearing the trains and ferries in the background. On back to BC for our early evening and even earlier 3am wake up call.

Saturday

3am buzzers and chimes. Get up and go. Skipping a lot of details but race went fine. It was warm. Didnt even need sweatshirts or outer at the early hour. Our finishes were from 2:30 (BIL) to 3:48 (us). This is not a serious race for us. We stop in Magic Kingdom and take pictures and just enjoy. Great feeling walking down Main Street with all the runners/walkers. (For those that dont follow the race it starts at Epcot, continues down the road past CR through MK then winds around GF and Poly and back to Epcot. After the race we all went back to BC for a swim and rest.
    We did hit Cape May for our traditional post-race gorging session. As we enjoy seafood, we enjoy Cape May. After dinner we strolled over to Epcot for our World Showcase walk around and yes, Illuminations. Gosh I love that show. My favorite.

Sunday

Marathon day for some. Magic Kingdom day for us. I got up around 5 and hit the BC for photos. I will post some over on the Y&BC Photo thread after I get home and settled. Our post-race Magic Kingdom day went great. We hit the parks early and benefited from a lot of folks staying away because of the race. We did all the major rides early and did a ton of others as the day wore on. Had lunch at CHH and dinner at Be Our Guest. BOG was everything advertised. Lee Ann and I had done the lunch earlier in the week but dinner was amazing. And as Disney goes a pretty good value
    Monday

Well pack up time now. One sister has already hit ME and another is due to board in an hour or so. Then our drive home. Hope I have been able to share a little of the magic along the way. We sure enjoyed.

Like I say at the end of all our trips down here. One of the best ever!

PS:update......Couldn't leave without CG breakfast. We have eaten way too much food!

10. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

You will be kicking yourself every time you have to walk over to the Marketplace for breakfast or to refill your mugs if you don't take the BC CL. YC doesn't have counter service. You have to walk to BC for it. You could also fill mugs at Hurricane Hannah's but that is not convenient to get to.

If you can afford CL, go for it. The resorts don't connect inside. You have to walk outside to get to the BC, although the walkway is a porch-like feature and you are protected from the sun and rain. It isn't a straight shot. After all I hear about CL, I wouldn't even question which one to do. If your family wants CL, then go for it. :)

11. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

It sounds like you had a Magical time....thank you for sharing it!! I have been living vicariously through your and yours, since our countdown is still in the triple digits (low, but triple nonetheless). Safe travels home!!!

12. luvpoohandcompany

luvpoohandcompany DIS Veteran

Dee love the pics of your little monkeys! My how they've grown :)

Mike Well done on the race and thanks for all the reports and photos :goodvibes

13. mom_of_2

mom_of_2 Mouseketeer

We are booked August 25-Sept 1 at the Beach Club! This is our first stay here and we are so excited. Thank you to everyone for the great information here.

14. lililoo12

lililoo12 Mouseketeer

BC cl lagoon is also now showing only 4 plus an infant. I have two infants a 6 yr old and an 11 yr old. I want a better view and don't need the daybed as the two infants are in playpens

15. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say that I called today and was able to upgrade from our GV room at YC to SV CL!!!!!! :yay:

So excited!

16. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

What she said! :thumbsup2

:dancer: party: :rockband: party: :dancer:

17. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I FOUND ONE OF THESE ROOMS!!!

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/ekmurphy12/Disney World August 2012/

When TigrLvsPooh was at the BC CL in August, there was a problem with her bathroom and she had to shower in a different room while it was being repaired.

If you look at the pictures she posted, there is a photo like the one on the YC website.

I still don't know which room or rooms at the YC are like that, but I suspect that they are rooms that have just one queen or one king. There may be a couple of rooms with that configuration.

And this, my friends, is why I have 13,674 emails in my inbox and I have maxed out two DIS PM inboxes.

:eek:

I don't like to delete anything because I never know when I might want it.

18. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

I'm Loving the flying Monkeys and MickeyT's trip report!

I secretly would like to try the 13.1 marathon since I walk 5 k, five times a week in preparation for my Disney trips. But... I am not ready to do any running as per Dr's orders so I will have to stick to the walking, which I love. I might go for one of those 5 k's they have floating around with some of the races.

Also I am really happy to see all the new people joining the thread so here is a big wet kiss from old Ninja Mom :love2:

And special thanks to Couchy for stalking Hurricane Hannah's and getting the scoop! :thumbsup2 I'm really hoping that they amp it up with the offerings at this pool side counter service. I can't wait to see what the deal is with the new Hannah's!

~NM

19. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Mousemommy, congrats on the upgrade! Can't wait for your report!

MickeyT, thanks for sharing your report and thanks for both checking on the Hurricane Hanna's status and considering additional investigative action! Love it! :rotfl2:

Two things (Dee has heard both of them before, so this is for new readers!)

1) We have a family of five and I'd love the ability to book a BC GV CL room - it's really a perfect room category for us. But I give big cheers to WDW for taking it off the books for families of five. Since only one GV CL room has a daybed, that was not going to be a good situation for families of 5. It was the source of much confusion (both booking and financial) during our check-in when we booked a BC GV CL room, and in the end BC resolved it in an "above and beyond" way. That's how good BC is, and how much they want to make up for confusion.

2) My new favorite non-CL BC room is the garden view on the second floor near the lobby. LOVE it. For over 20 years, I've said that any location at BC is good - they all have their advantages. And it's true - I've loved each and every one. But as of October 2012, I now have a clear favorite - our room on the second floor right up the stairs from the lobby and BC Marketplace, overlooking the courtyard outside the lobby with SAB right there. But shhh . . . don't tell anyone!

Just walk up these stairs:

[​IMG]

Past the elevators:

[​IMG]

Turn right and you're there!

Night view:

[​IMG]

From inside the room:

[​IMG]

Day view (too bad it was a cloudy day!)

[​IMG]

I know that doesn't look like the "best view ever" and it's really more about the location and the atmosphere - just so lively right there in the center of the resort. Makes it feel cozy.

Thank you!!!

Ninja Mom - yes, yes - go for the 5K!

20. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

I'm so glad that you got the YC CL after all. :cool1: It does sound better than BC CL. The one CL resort that I would be tempted to get would be CL at WL. That looks amazing. :wizard:

I ran the Disney 1/2 marathon and there was a race walker who kept up with me almost all the way. My husband and I did the 5K and it was full of walkers. You could also try a 10K, which is about six miles, if you ever felt like running. :)

To be honest, I always thought that the second floor was club level since it looks so awesome. I had been tempted to walk up the stairs many times, but was afraid of encountering some stern faced CM telling me I didn't belong up there. :scared:

21. KimKamMom

KimKamMom This Mom's Goofy!

Wow Mom,
    That is great.
    I hope you have a great time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.