2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

Just noticed we were added to the BOG list :) Thank you for adding us!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see your pictures!

I can't think SAB would be crowded that time of the year - it will be like you're still at BC (well at least a little bit)! Have a magical trip!

4. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

You are welcome! Hope to see you hanging around here before your trip!

:woohoo:

5. momto3gr8boys

momto3gr8boys DIS Veteran

I get it too! We are doing a split stay with poly/bcv in August. My DW just looked at me and said why don't we just stay at poly the whole trip? Horror of horrors lol. It just wouldn't feel like a complete trip without SAB and being able to walk to Epcot and DS. I could do it in the winter, but not on a long summer stay!

6. teetee830

teetee830 "If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney

Hi, all! I just switched our reservation to BC from Poly for Oct 14-20. My son is really excited by SAB, and I save some $$. :cool1:

We have never stayed at a deluxe before, normally we stay at POFQ. My DS wants to try something new this time. I really thought he would want to stay at AoA. I have to say I wasn't sad he choose a deluxe and then I was even more excited when he decided he wanted to stay at BC. I've always wanted to stay there; I just love the look of it.

I'll be looking forward to learning the ins and outs of the BC from all of you great DISers. Can anyone tell me the best room request to put in? We don't want a long walk from SAB or to eat, but I also don't like a lot of noise and I would prefer the full balcony. That way after he goes to bed I can sit outside with a beverage without bothering him.

7. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

January 2013:

[​IMG]

Campfire 5:30 PM

Movies, 7 PM

Sun- Brave (PG)
    Mon- Winnie the Pooh (2001) (PG)
    Tues- A Bug's Life (G)
    Wed- Finding Nemo (G)
    Thurs- Muppet Treasure Island (G)
    Fri- The Lion King (G)
    Sat- Monsters, Inc (G)

Pretty awesome line-up in my opinion!

8. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

I agree! The past several months had a couple of doozies playing, but you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't like Brave, Monsters Inc, Bugs Life, Finding Nemo, and Lion King! Wish we were going this month!!!!!

9. jaceraden

jaceraden DIS Veteran

Hey, all.

Just wondering what everyone's ideal length of stay would be when you factor in budget, etc.

Also wondering how much time you devote to non park days and what sorts of other activities you do.

I'm interested in all replies though I have a young family so some activities, etc. probably won't happen with us.

:goodvibes

10. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

We found that five or six nights was plenty of time at WDW. We get tired of eating at restaurants. We usually just concentrate on the parks and the resort pool. We do the parks in the morning, the resort for naps and pool in the afternoon, and parks again after a nice relaxing afternoon at the resort.

11. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

Perfect schedule for the summer months!!!

12. ALMinVA

ALMinVA Mouseketeer

YEAH!!!! So excited to see this - my kids LOVE A Bug's Life and Finding Nemo - I can't believe we are going in just 24 days! Thank you for posting this :) We will catch some of these for sure!

13. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

We usually go for 7 nights and I always wish we were there longer!!! (Can't get enough of being there).

We spend our mornings at the parks, head back to pool after lunch, then clean up and head back to parks for dinner (usually in EPCOT since it's just a short walk from BC). Long gone are the days of staying in the parks from open to close............and we actually find the pool break makes us enjoy the parks even more.

We spend either arrival or departure day at Downtown Disney, and we do some resort hopping on the monorail if it looks like rain.

Once your kids see that pool, it may be hard to get them to the park!!!

14. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

We're in the minority but we love our two week trips!

Plenty of time to do the parks, relax at the resort and do some special things like our girls day out (GF Gardenview Tea Room and GF Spa) while DH and ds do the "guys day out" EPSN for lunch and shopping and then doing all the things that I would go crazy over (don't ask)!

Every few years we will do a few nights at Universal but mostly we just love our long Disney trips. We used to do a few trips a year but now we just do one long one and we love it!!!!

15. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Ok YC experts! I have a question. I am booked in a YC garden view room. My understanding is that a view overlooking the wedding gazebo is desirable.
    Could you please confirm that:
    1) overlooking the gazebo is, in fact, a garden view
    And
    2) would this be close to the lobby? Because I would like to be close to the lobby. :goodvibes

Thanks! Just want to get correct request on my reservation.

16. momto3gr8boys

momto3gr8boys DIS Veteran

We always went for a week or so, and always wanted more! Last trip we did two nights at the hard rock and then 10 at the BC and it was the first time I was content (not totally ready...could always stay longer :rotfl2:) to go home. It was so great to do all our "usuals" and some things we normally don't have time for, no need to kill ourselves getting up super early (I have teens now) and we had plenty of relaxation time. This year we are going 9 nights, but if I could tack on more, I just may :)

17. 66Tink

66Tink Mouseketeer

I am no expert (only stayed one time at YC last year, but are returning this September), but we had room #1152 which was first floor directly looking at the wedding gazebo, and a short walk to the gift store and lobby. We LOVED this room and never being on the first floor before at any Disney resort I was a bit worried, but we honestly loved the first floor. Here was our view:

[​IMG]

18. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Gorgeous! Thanks 66Tink!!!:goodvibes

19. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

We enjoy our 10-12 day trips, although would love to stretch it to a full two weeks. I find that it gives us time to relax, DD (11) & DS (6) still really need the breaks mid-day to wind down and chill poolside. It makes the parks SO much more enjoyable. We have a nice breakfast, a later dinner, it makes for a great vacation.

20. ALMinVA

ALMinVA Mouseketeer

Need some opinions - Currently I have dinner reservations for Cape May (which we have done before) and I made breakfast reservations at Captains Grille. We are staying YC CL so I am wondering if I should switch Captains Grille to dinner (never been) and cancel Cape May. We are doing the regular dining plan. Here is the line up:
    Cape May dinner
    BOG dinner
    Captains Grille Breakfast
    50's Prime Time lunch
    Jiko dinner
    Yachtsman dinner
    Cape May breakfast
    Coral Reef dinner ( eaten here before, but dh and dd are scuba and snorkeling Nemo tank so feel it would be a good option that day)

Since we are staying CL, would you switch Captains Grille Bkfst to a dinner? We have never eaten at CG before and I heard good things about their breakfast...not sure about their dinner?
    Im not worried about the dining plan as we will be paying oop for a few of the meals and we have the TIW card.
    TIA,
    In case you are wondering its myself, DH, DD11, and DS 5

21. cocoabean1

cocoabean1 Mouseketeer

I'm trying to figure out where the YC CL GV rooms are. Can you see Epcot from the rooms? Are they located looking at the back entrance of the YC? Where are they located from the CL lounge?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.