2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why there's a sad mad face... Anyway

Hi!! We're here!! Long long long day! I arrived at JFK this morning at 5:30am checked my bag and got on line for security... EVERYONE was body scanned so it took an hour to get through. Once through I headed to the gate... Then came the announcement we would be waiting for 80 band kids on their way from Pa. to JFK to fly to Orlando for a competition ... Right away I was like WOW 80 kids shoot me!! They had bus problems and we would wait...then we found out they were 2 hours away so we would leave them and off we went!! I arrived in Orlando 20 mins late to a very happy to see me daughter! We headed to the magical express and were loaded on about 15 mins later. First stop Floridian then Wilderness, Poly and finally BLT. Room not ready so we headed to Dolphin to pick up the rental car... Received a double upgrade! Still no text of the room being ready so off to downtown Disney for the always say we're going to have Ghiradelli ice cream sundae and never do (soo good). Walked around and finally at about 3:30 got the text room was ready (first 2 days at BLT). We're on the 12th floor overlooking the marina/pool very nice view and I don't see bugs!! We had a 5 o'clock ressie at Cape May (never ate there before). Was ok... then we delivered a dis pin to YC and one to BC for 2 disers who asked me to bring them with me. By now we were both really tired so came back to BLT to have a glass of wine at the rooftop lounge. Now both of us are in bed (comfy :thumbsup2:thumbsup2). Tomorrow we have a 9am ressie at the Wave.

So that was our first day! I'll post again tomorrow night!

Night nite!

~Nannette

Enjoy your stay! We leave today. DD will be arriving early Saturday morning from CA. Can't wait to see her.

Marla

The other thing that I do is go to the Pet store. They have those machines that make the dog tags while you wait. I engrave one of them with my contact info and attach it to my camera strap. I use my address at home but I put my cell phone # on it which I take down to Florida. I have dog tags on all my camera equipment. If people looked closely enough they would think I escaped from the pound!

Great idea MM, thank you for your support (yes, I work for the company that makes those inscription machines and keeps them stocked with tags for purposes just like this!). By the way, did you know we have over twenty of these inscription machines at locations throughout WDW with specialized Disney tags as well as more machines at Universal Studios, SeaWorld and Kennedy Space Center? Next time you are there, replace some of the older ones on your equipment with a Mickey tag instead! Yes, this is a shameless plug but since I keep up with this thread every morning when i get to the office I thought it only appropriate that I do a little advertising.

I am just wondering which week end starts the holiday singers/group etc at the BC/YC resorts? We will be there Dec. 2 and 3rd.

I would love to know also! I will be there the 12th and 13th.

I think your question got lost on this fast moving thread (at least I didn't see a response). Decorations are up and festivities are going on but in my personal experience, Dec. 2-3 will not have singing at the resort. Just head over to Epcot and there is plenty going on, especially the Candlelight Processional in front of the American Pavillion (my personal favorite) along with the Voices of America that sings accapella before every show in the American Theatre. They can't be beat. I've never been there as late as Dec. 13-14 but I do seem to remember my activities sheets showing something going on as far as singing by groups at the resort on the weekend but not during the week. Teena?

So that was our first day! I'll post again tomorrow night! ~Nannette

Love these live reports. Could you do me a favor, if you get over to the GF and see the special pins for the Gingerbread House, can you tell me what they are charging for them this year? I've got a co-worker going down to the CSR in two weeks. Her mission is to get me two pins from there.

Enjoy your stay! We leave today. DD will be arriving early Saturday morning from CA. Can't wait to see her. Marla

Have a great visit with your DD at WDW. Can't be a better place for a family get together like this!

Love these live reports. Could you do me a favor, if you get over to the GF and see the special pins for the Gingerbread House, can you tell me what they are charging for them this year? I've got a co-worker going down to the CSR in two weeks. Her mission is to get me two pins from there.

will do. I'll post tonight.

~Nannette

finally caught up....some things that have been going on. I don't have a torn ACL but it is stretched so I am stuck wearing a knee brace until forever unless I want to have surgery and a year long recovery. DS almost found out about the trip thanks to the maillady.:headache: I have been telling the kids to stay away from the mail for over a month and she hands it to him and what in it? Our travel packet. He asked what is this and I told him it was nothing and they were just trying to get us to go.:rolleyes1 I told him that I would not have let him play travel hockey if we were going to Disney. I think I have convinced him but I know any little thing will clue him in. Luckily I caught the other part of the packet before he got to it. We are having a problem with his school they are excusing his absences but he has to make up every hour which equals 30 hours.:mad: He will be done with the semester before he's done making up the hours, I hate that they are punishing him for a trip he knows nothing about and before his dad leaves for deployment in Jan.:sad1: Any way we 23 days from our trip and can not wait.

The Noodle Family. If syndal would like to pass them to Heather and I can get them from Heather if that works for everyone. We are hoping that it is warm enough to swim. We are there from Dec 11-21.

Jen

P.S. Great pics of your trip Teena cant wait to see you soon!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

We're here now. It's so beautiful...& the weather is wonderful, though I was hoping for upper 70's not mid 80's!! Lol

We check out on the 20th & will have a lot of leftover cans of diet Pepsi, prob some reg Pepsi & some other things. Can't take it home...if I can pass it along to someone, I'd love to do that. :)

Let me know if anyone wants it. You can email me at blckjak1001@yahoo.com or send me a pm.

Thanks so much! Also want to thank you for all the great info in this thread. You should be getting a paycheck from Disney for all your hard work!!

Thank you for your kind words! :hug:

Hi!! We're here!! Long long long day! I arrived at JFK this morning at 5:30am checked my bag and got on line for security... EVERYONE was body scanned so it took an hour to get through. Once through I headed to the gate... Then came the announcement we would be waiting for 80 band kids on their way from Pa. to JFK to fly to Orlando for a competition ... Right away I was like WOW 80 kids shoot me!! They had bus problems and we would wait...then we found out they were 2 hours away so we would leave them and off we went!! I arrived in Orlando 20 mins late to a very happy to see me daughter! We headed to the magical express and were loaded on about 15 mins later. First stop Floridian then Wilderness, Poly and finally BLT. Room not ready so we headed to Dolphin to pick up the rental car... Received a double upgrade! Still no text of the room being ready so off to downtown Disney for the always say we're going to have Ghiradelli ice cream sundae and never do (soo good). Walked around and finally at about 3:30 got the text room was ready (first 2 days at BLT). We're on the 12th floor overlooking the marina/pool very nice view and I don't see bugs!! We had a 5 o'clock ressie at Cape May (never ate there before). Was ok... then we delivered a dis pin to YC and one to BC for 2 disers who asked me to bring them with me. By now we were both really tired so came back to BLT to have a glass of wine at the rooftop lounge. Now both of us are in bed (comfy :thumbsup2:thumbsup2). Tomorrow we have a 9am ressie at the Wave.

~Nannette

Can't believe you are finally there!!! Thanks for the update. Wishing you a spectacular trip.

Hello all! We'll be back at BC 12/18-22. Really looking forward to being there at the holidays again.

Would you like us to add you to the Be Our Guest list for December?

Ok to bring outsiders to the campfire? I am planning on meeting up with a local friend and her 2 little ones while we are in the world. I was thinking we could all get together at the campfire on the beach. Would this be ok?

Absolutely ok to bring friends to the campfire. Not restricted to BC/YC guests AFAIK.

Great idea MM, thank you for your support (yes, I work for the company that makes those inscription machines and keeps them stocked with tags for purposes just like this!). By the way, did you know we have over twenty of these inscription machines at locations throughout WDW with specialized Disney tags as well as more machines at Universal Studios, SeaWorld and Kennedy Space Center? Next time you are there, replace some of the older ones on your equipment with a Mickey tag instead! Yes, this is a shameless plug but since I keep up with this thread every morning when i get to the office I thought it only appropriate that I do a little advertising.

I didn't know that!!! Thanks for sharing that info!

I think your question got lost on this fast moving thread (at least I didn't see a response). Decorations are up and festivities are going on but in my personal experience, Dec. 2-3 will not have singing at the resort. Just head over to Epcot and there is plenty going on, especially the Candlelight Processional in front of the American Pavillion (my personal favorite) along with the Voices of America that sings accapella before every show in the American Theatre. They can't be beat. I've never been there as late as Dec. 13-14 but I do seem to remember my activities sheets showing something going on as far as singing by groups at the resort on the weekend but not during the week. Teena?

I'll try and get the schedule when I work on Sunday and post it here.

Hi Everyone,

Well after spending Thanksgiving 2010 at the YC, I wasn't expecting to plan another trip until DGS were a bit older. Then I got to thinking, DH and I celebrate our 8 year February 29th anniversary in 2012 :love: and who wouldn't want to go some place warm and fun for a bit.

Sooo, last night I received a great Pin for that week . I said to DH I would love to see what I can get and now I am looking at a split stay between YC CL and GF CL. (YC didn't have availability for the full week and I have always wanted to stay at the GF.)

I mean if I keep receiving pins, obviously WDW knows better than I do about taking another trip, so why not take advantage of a great deal. :laughing:
Stay tuned as I fine-tune our plans and hopefully I don't change my mind again about heading to WDW.

We're here now. It's so beautiful...& the weather is wonderful, though I was hoping for upper 70's not mid 80's!! Lol

We check out on the 20th & will have a lot of leftover cans of diet Pepsi, prob some reg Pepsi & some other things. Can't take it home...if I can pass it along to someone, I'd love to do that. :)

Let me know if anyone wants it. You can email me at blckjak1001@yahoo.com or send me a pm.

You got your 70's today!! Isn't it beautiful?????

I have never seen the machines in WDW. Where are they located? I could use a new one for Sandy. Her Mickey Mouse tag is all scratched up. Hard to tell it is Mickey.

I am just wondering which week end starts the holiday singers/group etc at the BC/YC resorts?

We will be there Dec. 2 and 3rd and I am just wondering if that is too early in the season?

We always enjoy watching the different presentations.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I am working on my final schedule and dont want to miss anything. TIA.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I am working on my final schedule and dont want to miss anything. TIA.

I'll try to get the entire schedule which includes characters/santa/etc. but as of right now the only thing I have is below and I don't know what time is BC and what time is YC. I'll work on getting everything when I get to work on Sunday.

Dec 11 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm Lake Gibson High School Audio
Dec 13 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm O-Town Sound Chorus
Dec 15 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm O-Town Sound Chorus
Dec 17 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm Canterbury Carolers
Dec 19 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm Canterbury Carolers
Dec 21 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm O-Town Sound Chorus
Dec 23 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm Lake Mary High School Lake Mary High Chamber Singers

ADR's are done!!! After slight inconvenience this morning, couldn't book reservations online :-)headache:) and waiting to 7am to book, we got everything!!!!:dance3:

Here it is:

5/17: Dinner @ LeCellar @ 6pm
5/18: Breakfast @ Castle @ 8:05am (yeah!!!! we're eating at the castle, we're eating at the castle!!!!!)
Dinner @ Coral Reef @ 6:10pm
5/19: Dinner @ Big River Grill
5/20: Breakfast @ Cape May @ 7:45am
Dinner @ Crystal Palace @ 6:15pm
5/21: Dinner @ Rainforest (DTD) @ 5pm (oop)
5/22: Dinner @ 50's Prime Time @ 5pm
5/23: Dinner @ Tutto Italia @ 6pm

Which leaves us with 1 TS credit to use either on arrival nite/depart. day @ Beaches & Cream.

So excited that I'm done, but what to do for the next 5 months, 4 weeks as we wait..........

I have never seen the machines in WDW. Where are they located? I could use a new one for Sandy. Her Mickey Mouse tag is all scratched up. Hard to tell it is Mickey.

They are in all the parks. For example at MK there is one in the firehouse. They are downtown, such at at the RainForest Cafe and at the World of Disney store. They are at the kennel (the machines were originally made so people could make dog and cat identification tags which is why they are in pet stores). They are at Blizzard Beach. Funny thing though, unless I am really looking for them, I often walk right by them not noticing they are there. I'm sorry I don't have all the places memorized but they are usually in a corner by a door or as an end display in an isle. There are a lot of different tag styles (Cars is a popular one right now) and each location will have at least one tag that is only available at that location. Sort of like the pressed penny machine, it's a novelty item.

They are in all the parks. For example at MK there is one in the firehouse. They are downtown, such at at the RainForest Cafe and at the World of Disney store. They are at the kennel (the machines were originally made so people could make dog and cat identification tags which is why they are in pet stores). They are at Blizzard Beach. Funny thing though, unless I am really looking for them, I often walk right by them not noticing they are there. I'm sorry I don't have all the places memorized but they are usually in a corner by a door or as an end display in an isle. There are a lot of different tag styles (Cars is a popular one right now) and each location will have at least one tag that is only available at that location. Sort of like the pressed penny machine, it's a novelty item.

Thank you. I will keep my eye out for them.

I'll try to get the entire schedule which includes characters/santa/etc. but as of right now the only thing I have is below and I don't know what time is BC and what time is YC. I'll work on getting everything when I get to work on Sunday.

Dec 11 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm Lake Gibson High School Audio
Dec 13 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm O-Town Sound Chorus
Dec 15 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm O-Town Sound Chorus
Dec 17 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm Canterbury Carolers
Dec 19 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm Canterbury Carolers
Dec 21 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm O-Town Sound Chorus
Dec 23 6:30 pm & 7:30 pm Lake Mary High School Lake Mary High Chamber Singers

Thanks so much Teena

Hello from a DIS newbie,

I just booked the Beach Club for July 2, 2012 to July 10, 2012 (8 nights). This will be our first stay at Beach Club. We booked a standard room. The only request I made is a balcony. We are very excited to go to WDW for July 4th. Trying to decide where to watch fireworks MK or Epcot. Any suggestions?? My children are excited about SAB. Looks like a water park rather than a pool. I can see why everyone here is so enthusiastic about BC/YC. Can't wait for our visit next Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter