2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had taken a peek at this thread before my trip!

I was kind of dumped off at the Beach Club and was completely lost. I had no idea where anything was. I did know about the pool having high security (only Y & BC guests allowed) but that was about it.

It was very hard for me not to compare it to Pop Century, where I was suppose to be staying. Yes the accomidations are nicer. The food (CS) is not even close to what Pop has. That is my only complaint. Had I known that we would be at BC I would have made other arrangements for how to use the CS meals. Rent a car or change around my ADR's so that on our days off we wouldn't have to rely on BC's CS for food.

I would have allowed for more pool time. We really didn't get to spend much time at the pool.

We are finally at single digits..... 9 days to go....... c'mon dance with me everyone.......... :cool1::banana::dance3::yay::cheer2::dancer:party::mickeyjum:dogdance:

No, they are nothing like MD ones. I'm from South Jersey and then Harrisburg. I know what you are talking about. They are good but nothing like what we have in the northeast!

Ditto Teena's remarks - Crab cakes are better than most but still don't hold a candle to crab cakes from around the Chesapeake area. We lived in Philly and my in-laws are from Gettysburg, PA and we love to drive into Maryland for crab cakes as well as getting a bushel of crabs to bring home! Nothing like them anywhere unfortunately!

Another Philly/Jersey girl here, just catching up on the boards eating my tasty ake and soft pretzels. Yummy:cool1:

Here's some random dancing stuff for all of you excited travelers watching your countdowns get closer and closer...

:cool1: :banana: :yay: :woohoo: :dance3: :banana: :cool1: :cheer2: :woohoo:

And a couple of pictures of the adorable Princess Lily enjoying the Bite of Las Vegas music festival:

Lily3monthsoldBiteofLasVegas.jpg

Lily3monthBiteofLasVegas.jpg

Lily is so ridiculously cute in those pictures!
I think she looks a lot like Bob in that second one, though fortunately minus the crazy bathing suit that was posted earlier on this thread....

Here's some random dancing stuff for all of you excited travelers watching your countdowns get closer and closer...

:cool1: :banana: :yay: :woohoo: :dance3: :banana: :cool1: :cheer2: :woohoo:

And a couple of pictures of the adorable Princess Lily enjoying the Bite of Las Vegas music festival:

Lily3monthsoldBiteofLasVegas.jpg

Lily3monthBiteofLasVegas.jpg

Oh my gosh she is adorable!! Not sure if you remember me but I sent you a pic of Teena & I when we stayed at the BC in 2010. Also just booked the BC for our April trip next year. Cannot wait to go back. We are doing it big this time with a 1 bedroom villa!! Did not tell our boys about the villa yet. They think it will be a standard room.

Oh my gosh she is adorable!! Not sure if you remember me but I sent you a pic of Teena & I when we stayed at the BC in 2010. Also just booked the BC for our April trip next year. Cannot wait to go back. We are doing it big this time with a 1 bedroom villa!! Did not tell our boys about the villa yet. They think it will be a standard room.

Of course I remember you!!! It will be great to have you back hanging around here. We never did meet up for lunch, though. I sent the picture along to Teena and followed your trip report from that vacation.

Hooray for the villa trip you booked! IIRC, the boys have not stayed at the Beach Club. They will be blown away by Stormalong Bay.

Oh, and just to bring you up to speed- the baby is Teena's 3 month old grandaughter. I post the pictures Teena sends me but that has caused some confusion in the past...

What food is so good in Florida .... come on MM, you know it's the oranges. However, I really moved here for my chance twice a year to go to war against the love bugs!!

Moved from central Florida in 1996 the biggest thing I miss is the nonpink grapefruit juice! All you seem to get is that cocktail stuff everywhere. Sometimes I get lucky at cracker barrels. When I get OJ I only buy Florida's best, everything else to me taste different. When we drive down it is tradition to stop at the welcome center and get grapefruit and oj!

Found two more types of tastcakes, the coffee vinilla cup cake and butterscotch cakes. Still out of the three I love the peanutbutter kandy cake. Haven't found choclate yet. You all are right though soo much better than little debbies. You don't get that lard sticking to your tongue taste!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter