2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw some comments about the buses and now I'm getting worried.....are the buses really slow at BC? We have many Breakfast reservations and planned on doing MK rope drop....do not want to be late. help?

We never had a problem at anytime - maybe we were just lucky or have lower expectations. You can't just think that you are going to walk to the bus stop and the bus is going to come because it knows you are there.

In the AM they were coming fast and plentiful. They even had a CM stationed there who could tell you when the buses were due. One morning we just missed one because I didn't not feel like running to get it. The next one came fairly quick after that - we didn't wait very long. We made all rope drops with time to spare.

I have read that coming back from Downtown Disney is rough but we did not go there this trip.

We always get to MK at rope drop and we do at least one breakfast at CP before the park opens and we've NEVER had a problem with the busses.

If we want to be at non-EMH rope drop we get to the bus stop by 8, if we have an 8:00 CP reservation we usually get to the bus stop by 7:20.

HTH!

Wow! You guys have done a great job!! Thanks for the info, it'll be our first time at this resort and I'm thinking it won't be our last!!:thumbsup2

We stayed at the Villas last year and I think that is actually a pretty good view. I love that "courtyard" part of the Beach Club there that leads to the Ariel statue and the Villas entrance.

Dee, take any pictures you would like for the front page info posts!

Fantastic!!!

When I get a chance I will add some of these photos to the front page. Thank you so much for the great villa pictures! I definitely want to post more and yours have some great detail!

Thanks, again!

Dee

Great photos Gretchen.......Gives good look at Villas!

rusty4.....I've had a crazy week too. Walking around with a soft cast on right foot. Was in terrible foot pain and couldn't function. Found out I had two stress fractures on two different bones in my foot. Dr said one was borderline full blown fracture. Anyway keep your planning ideas coming. Have really enjoyed see you work out your plans!

rusty4.....I've had a crazy week too. Walking around with a soft cast on right foot. Was in terrible foot pain and couldn't function. Found out I had two stress fractures on two different bones in my foot. Dr said one was borderline full blown fracture. Anyway keep your planning ideas coming. Have really enjoyed see you work out your plans!

Oh no!!!!! How in the world did you do that? When will you be better?

Me with the Noodles:

DSCN0609.JPG

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!!

Thanks for making me howl with laughter once again! Thank God the noodles had that hole in the middle so they could still breath from that giant hug you gave them! :grouphug:

Hey Paul! We need an update about Pastina!!! Spill it brother!

~Marlton Mom

Wow! Do you run? My oldest son had that happen from running. It is very painful. Hope that you get some relief soon.

I have been afraid that me writing my planning ideas is getting boring! Haha! Thanks for making me feel better about asking for help with my ideas and plans.

Gretchen,
Love the pics. Funny how that coat rack in the doorway is exactly what I have been looking for to use right off our garage. Now if I can just find one of the those.

Had a great long weekend at BCV, although it was quite wet at the beginning! Food and Wine was a lot of fun; we especially enjoyed our culinary demo and mixology class, which came with lots of yummy goodies. SAB was relatively quiet on the one day it was sunny enough to enjoy. I was glad we had dinner reservations at Yachtsman because it poured Sat night plus the food was wonderful. Best of all, had a couple of lovely visits with Teena. Pics to come!

Gretchen, we're not in the BCV market, but those are such great and helpful photos!

Mickey T., how did that happen? Ugh. Feel better!

Sue, I'm late in adding my two cents, but I think your WL decision is great. We really enjoyed it there when our family fit in a regular room. Enjoy that beautiful boat ride to MK!

Miabug, please don't be concerned about the bus situation. We've stayed at many different Disney resorts over many, many years and I honestly think the bus situation at BC is as good as or better than any other resorts. (Specifically, in our experience, it's been better than CBR and CSR and about the same as all the others.) We are very loyal to Disney transportation, but we absolutely prefer walking, boat or monorail to bus. One of our favorite things about BC is the ability to walk to two parks - we don't have to wait for anything!

But when we do have to take the bus, we haven't had any difficulty with the bus to MK or AK in the morning before rope drop. We're at the stop 45 minutes to an hour before rope drop and a bus always comes along with plenty of time to spare (and we only stop at BWI if the bus is relatively empty and that only takes an extra 3-4 minutes.) The bus back from MK and AK always makes a few stops (Swan, Dolphin, YC) but it's not a big issue. As others have said, the bus to/from Downtown Disney isn't great anywhere. We did take the bus from BC to DTD in August and took a cab back. It was, indeed, a long wait for that DTD bus, but that's been the case at any Disney resort. Overall, however, location/transportation is a primary factor in our decision to stay at BC!

Gretchen, we're not in the BCV market, but those are such great and helpful photos!

Sue, I'm late in adding my two cents, but I think your WL decision is great. We really enjoyed it there when our family fit in a regular room. Enjoy that beautiful boat ride to MK!

Miabug, please don't be concerned about the bus situation. We've stayed at many different Disney resorts over many, many years and I honestly think the bus situation at BC is as good as or better than any other resorts. (Specifically, in our experience, it's been better than CBR and CSR and about the same as all the others.) We are very loyal to Disney transportation, but we absolutely prefer walking, boat or monorail to bus. One of our favorite things about BC is the ability to walk to two parks - we don't have to wait for anything!

But when we do have to take the bus, we haven't had any difficulty with the bus to MK or AK in the morning before rope drop. We're at the stop 45 minutes to an hour before rope drop and a bus always comes along with plenty of time to spare (and we only stop at BWI if the bus is relatively empty and that only takes an extra 3-4 minutes.) The bus back from MK and AK always makes a few stops (Swan, Dolphin, YC) but it's not a big issue. As others have said, the bus to/from Downtown Disney isn't great anywhere. We did take the bus from BC to DTD in August and took a cab back. It was, indeed, a long wait for that DTD bus, but that's been the case at any Disney resort. Overall, however, location/transportation is a primary factor in our decision to stay at BC!

Thank you so much, makes me feel a lot better!! Staying at a "new home" is very exciting but of course there is the nervous feeling of not knowing what to expect....I know it will be great! Thanks again!

On bus speed, I have been to YC/BC countless times (well, I haven't counted in a while, but let's say many, many times). We have always made it to MK rope drop and/or early ADRs using the bus, no problem.

Part of the bus "issue" at YC/BC is perception, or perhaps better said as comparison with other resort transportation. Personally, we have had great experiences. Satisfaction probably correlates with what you are used to (or expect).

For early morning ADRs, if you are not sure, check with the front desk concierge to be sure you are using the best means of transportation.

Have a great trip!!

I think you are right. Most people complain about transportation from AKL and we have never seen an issue during our stays. Thank you so much, we cannot wait!!

Thanks for your input, Teena. I changed it to Cape May. I made reservations for both Tusker House for lunch and Cape May for breakfast so he can have a character meal on his actual bday. I will cancel one of those once he lets me know which he would prefer. We have never done the Cape May breakfast so I am leaning toward it. We have done Tusker House for breakfast and it was crazy but not their new lunch which sounds good.

Now I need to see if we can get a cake or something special for that night at Cape May for him.

We have done Cape May breakfast our past two trips and are actually going there twice our upcoming trip, it has become a family favorite! Food is very good, manager is always walking around asking everyone how things are, we love it!

Oh no!!!!! How in the world did you do that? When will you be better?

Wow! Do you run? My oldest son had that happen from running. It is very painful. Hope that you get some relief soon.

I have been afraid that me writing my planning ideas is getting boring! Haha! Thanks for making me feel better about asking for help with my ideas and plans.

I am a runner/waddler. The last three years I have done the half-the full and the half at WDW. Me, DW and 2 sisters and BIL's do it to together. Really enjoy spending time with them.

Guess the fractures just built up over time and then I stepped on it wrong. We were at a high school football game and when I got up to walk it felt like someone stabbed a knife through my foot. Gotta wear the cast for at least three weeks but at least the pain is minimal now. We are all registered for marathon weekend in January (doing a relay) so just need to heal up and go.

Gretchen - Thanks for sharing your pictures!! I've loved your pictures and the trip report!! :thumbsup2

I am a runner/waddler. The last three years I have done the half-the full and the half at WDW. Me, DW and 2 sisters and BIL's do it to together. Really enjoy spending time with them.

Guess the fractures just built up over time and then I stepped on it wrong. We were at a high school football game and when I got up to walk it felt like someone stabbed a knife through my foot. Gotta wear the cast for at least three weeks but at least the pain is minimal now. We are all registered for marathon weekend in January (doing a relay) so just need to heal up and go.

So happy pain is minimal now at least. Get well!! Can't wait to see you ... hopefully with no foot pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter