2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those boots are the BEST!!!

I wish my DD's wouldn't have outgrown "Disney shoes, costumes, sundresses"....boy I loved to dress them up.

My oldest had a Tinkerbell outfit (wand and all) that we couldn't get her out of!!!

Teena - Lily is gorgeous! Love, love, love the tiara - perfect!

Heatherbabydoll1 - for 2 credits I would do Narcoossee's. It's our favorite two credit restaurant.

If I were you though I would think carefully about the expense of the Deluxe Dining Plan. We've always thought even the regular ddp is a lot of food - we always have left over credits.

We are bummed about that as well. We have watched the youtube videos of EE and may actually give that a go this trip. I was under the impression that it had a HUGE drop. Now that I see it doesn't we will try it out. DH and DS do not like backwards roller coasters though. They went on one in Silver Dollar City and did not realize that they were in the backwards seats. Maybe knowing that they are going to go backwards will make it better.

My DS didn't like scary roller coasters the last time we were there, but he loved EE! Give it a whirl. I love the Disney coasters - I find them so much smoother than other coasters. They are fun, but without most of the jarring that I find hard on my neck, KWIM?

Glad I'm on these boards to know about the closures. The kids are bummed, but it's not like we showed up at MK and discovered it, KWIM? I keep telling them SPACE MOUNTAIN (which was closed for refurb last time we were there) and new Star Tours... I think TT will be closed as well when we are there which really sucks. Plus they loved Barnstormer last time and that's gone too. :confused3 Honestly started thinking about changing my dates!

Teena :love: the picture of Lilly!!!

I'm really hoping that these two months go by quick. We are soooo ready for our Beach Club/Disney vacay. My neighbor backed into the front end of my car this morning :scared1:, looks like I will need a new bumper. I also go to the Dr's on the 18th to see if I have to have surgery to repair my torn ACL. I REALLY :headache: hope nothing else happens. Relaxing at the SAB is my DH and I's light at the end of tunnel :cloud9:, BTW the kids still do not know.:rolleyes1
Jen

My DS didn't like scary roller coasters the last time we were there, but he loved EE! Give it a whirl. I love the Disney coasters - I find them so much smoother than other coasters. They are fun, but without most of the jarring that I find hard on my neck, KWIM?

Glad I'm on these boards to know about the closures. The kids are bummed, but it's not like we showed up at MK and discovered it, KWIM? I keep telling them SPACE MOUNTAIN (which was closed for refurb last time we were there) and new Star Tours... I think TT will be closed as well when we are there which really sucks. Plus they loved Barnstormer last time and that's gone too. :confused3 Honestly started thinking about changing my dates!

We love the Barnstormer too! Maybe the new Goofy as The Great Goofini will be open when you go. I thought at one point I read somewhere that it could open early. Can't find the link now so doubt it is true.

The only part of BC that I have had the pleasure of seeing is the lobby where Cape May Cafe is (we LOVE their breakfast). My question is, where are the BC villas located? We will be staying in a BCV studio and I cannot picture where our room may be.

Hello all, my DH and I will be at BC in 13 days!!!!!!!!

Can anyone please tell me if if the October Movie Schedule is out yet. We would love to plan a night for a movie on the beach and some smores. I never had a smore before and I really would like to try one.

Can anyone please tell me if if the October Movie Schedule is out yet. We would love to plan a night for a movie on the beach and some smores. I never had a smore before and I really would like to try one.

Check out page one of this post, pretty sure I saw it there....have a great trip!!!

The only part of BC that I have had the pleasure of seeing is the lobby where Cape May Cafe is (we LOVE their breakfast). My question is, where are the BC villas located? We will be staying in a BCV studio and I cannot picture where our room may be.

Miabug- here is a map of the BC/YC: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/yachbeachmap.htm. As you can see, the BCV are on the Epcot side of the BC resort and are physically located closer to the main entrance/parking than Crescent Lake. If you walked out of the BC lobby toward valet, you would eventually see the BCV on your right. Have a great time! :)

Beach Movie October 2011 Schedule,

Beach Club Movie Schedule ~ 8:00PM

Sundays - The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad
Mondays - Dumbo
Tuesdays - The Princess & The Frog
Wednesdays - Spooky Buddies
Thursdays - Mars Needs Moms
Fridays - The Lion King
Saturdays - Hocus Pocus

Beach Movie October 2011 Schedule,

Beach Club Movie Schedule ~ 8:00PM

Sundays - The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad
Mondays - Dumbo
Tuesdays - The Princess & The Frog
Wednesdays - Spooky Buddies
Thursdays - Mars Needs Moms
Fridays - The Lion King
Saturdays - Hocus Pocus

Thank you!!!!

I had to share this ...

we are coming to the YC in just under 2 weeks. We've never stayed at a Disney resort. I've been a resort changer for the past year, switching back and forth between YC/BC and the Contemporary. We only have one day in Florida and likely won't be back for 3 years. We're coming off a Disney cruise. I have had trouble deciding ... Go right to the contemporary and walk to the magic kingdom for a day when we get off the ship ... Or go right to stormalong bay then do the Halloween party only. It's tough for me to be so close to the Mk and not be there all day.

Yesterday, i gave my three boys a choice, Magic Kingdom all day or Stormalong Bay. All three yelled out ... Stormalong Bay!!! I said, we could do pirates league if we go to the park. They yelled out stormalong bay! So, we're still on schedule for the YC! These kiddos are sooooo excited!

I had to share this ...

we are coming to the YC in just under 2 weeks. We've never stayed at a Disney resort. I've been a resort changer for the past year, switching back and forth between YC/BC and the Contemporary. We only have one day in Florida and likely won't be back for 3 years. We're coming off a Disney cruise. I have had trouble deciding ... Go right to the contemporary and walk to the magic kingdom for a day when we get off the ship ... Or go right to stormalong bay then do the Halloween party only. It's tough for me to be so close to the Mk and not be there all day.

Yesterday, i gave my three boys a choice, Magic Kingdom all day or Stormalong Bay. All three yelled out ... Stormalong Bay!!! I said, we could do pirates league if we go to the park. They yelled out stormalong bay! So, we're still on schedule for the YC! These kiddos are sooooo excited!

you are going to love it!! My family won't even consider any other resort anymore. It's such a great convenience for us to walk to EPCOT every night, and such a nice treat to relax mid-day (gasp, I never thought we would ever do that) at SAB!!! The staff is great at both YC/BC!!!

Enjoy to visit

I had to share this .........

Those boys have just endeared themselves to this board forever :thumbsup2. What smart children you have ewerstruly!

In case you missed it, here's a video link to another Lily's Disneyland Surprise. The great part hits at about 1:40 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OOpOhlGiRTM

I think we all feel this way about going to visit the Mouse...

~MM

Great video MM. Thanks for posting. I'm still smilin'! :goodvibes

Just back last night from 4 days at the YC. YC was absolutely lovely. :cloud9: Weather was not - it's hurricane season after all and we had a storm in the area that dumped rain for a good portion of the weekend. Not light rain either, it was the soaking kind. :sad2: We only got to enjoy SAB for 1 hour. But despite the weather, we all agreed that the YC was fab and that we will return.

We had the deluxe dining plan, and that worked very well at YC since the counter service options are more limited, but there are so many great TS options in the area. I took the kids to breakfast at Cape May and we also did room service for breakfast. For days at the park, we did lunches at Sci-Fi, Le Cellier, LTT, and Tusker House (depending on what park we were doing). And we enjoyed dinner a short walk away at Flying Fish and Kouzzina, as well as at San Angel Inn in Epcot. The only day that was more challenging for travel time for dinner was Cali Grill.

We put the kids in the kids club at Sandcastle one evening and they loved it. This is the third kids club we have tried, and I think it's our favorite. It was spacious and well stocked with video games, pretend play, etc. If you are thinking about Kids Club, make sure to make reservations in advance! You need to provide your credit card and there is a fee if you cancel within 24 hours, but otherwise you risk not having a spot for your child. When we checked-in at 5:45 pm, there were already about 5 kids on the waiting list and while we were checking in we saw 3 parties being turned away because of lack of space. They told them to put their names on the waiting list, but that it was not looking promising. One of the kids that came in was an older child with some type of developmental delay. He asked if he could come in and play and was very sweet. The lady told him to put his name on the waiting list and if there was space he could come in. It was very sad, but I thought the person working at the Club handled it very well. So, if you think you want your kids to go to the Club make reservations in advance. They only have so much space and staff.

I wanted to ditto the previous post about the kids club! We just came back on Sunday, and although we were kid-free, we did stop by the Sandcastle Club on Saturday to check it out for our upcoming BC trip. The CM told us how busy they were and that there was a waiting list. She said the F&WF is very busy for them. We'll be there in April and she said that is hit or miss with how busy they are but I'm planning to book as soon as we have our ADRs.

We were at BWI this time around but spent some time exploring BC (and had a No Way Jose for the first time - so good!). Can't wait to be there in about 6 months!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter