2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teena,

Where is your cruise on the Wonder going to?

Leaves from Los Angeles on Sunday. Monday and Tuesday at sea. Wednesday at Puerto Vallarta. Thursday and Friday morning at Cabo San Lucas. Saturday at sea and Sunday back to LA.

We're flying in the day before and meeting up with our best friends from PA. The four of us are sharing a private van to a hotel near the pier. The hotel is supposedly at a marina. We figure we'll be able to walk to a nice restaurant for dinner. Then the next day the hotel van will take us to the ship. The airport private van is picking the four of us back up after the cruise at the port and our flights are within 15 minutes of each other. Southwest Airlines' schedule worked perfectly for the four of us since we get in 5 minutes apart. We're flying from Orlando and they are flying in from Philly or Baltimore (not sure which).

All set. Added you to the Guest List too, if that's ok.

Absolutely!!! I still can't believe my RCI exchange came through already. I thought it would be around the 7 month mark.

Anyway, I'm a full fledged member since I was at BCV during phonebookgate! So thank you very much for adding us to the Guest List...

We've stayed at AS Sports, CBR, OKW, BWV and they were all wonderful but the Beach Club just felt like HOME! What is in that scent??? I swear Teena is drugging all of us!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks for adding us.

Just got my disney documents in the mail!!!

WOW we are leaving sooonnnnn i Cant waitttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Absolutely!!! I still can't believe my RCI exchange came through already. I thought it would be around the 7 month mark.

Anyway, I'm a full fledged member since I was at BCV during phonebookgate! So thank you very much for adding us to the Guest List...

We've stayed at AS Sports, CBR, OKW, BWV and they were all wonderful but the Beach Club just felt like HOME! What is in that scent??? I swear Teena is drugging all of us!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks for adding us.

So glad you are coming back! I'm sure I'll be able to figure out some more trouble WE can get into by then!

Leaves from Los Angeles on Sunday. Monday and Tuesday at sea. Wednesday at Puerto Vallarta. Thursday and Friday morning at Cabo San Lucas. Saturday at sea and Sunday back to LA.

We're flying in the day before and meeting up with our best friends from PA. The four of us are sharing a private van to a hotel near the pier. The hotel is supposedly at a marina. We figure we'll be able to walk to a nice restaurant for dinner. Then the next day the hotel van will take us to the ship. The airport private van is picking the four of us back up after the cruise at the port and our flights are within 15 minutes of each other. Southwest Airlines' schedule worked perfectly for the four of us since we get in 5 minutes apart. We're flying from Orlando and they are flying in from Philly or Baltimore (not sure which).

That sounds fun! It will be nice to share it with your good friends as well.

Ummm- Where's Pastina???

I see a skinny red noodle in the photo. Has all that yoga been paying off?

Or did she find the secret fantasy closet and is taking a much needed mommy timeout?

I was afraid to ask....

Sometimes Paul can be..... shall we say a little boring.... strike that! We should probably call it dry.... no wait! The last thing a pool noodle wants to be is dry!!

He's a little... dull.

There! I said it!

Dull, dull, dull, dull!!!!!

I have no idea about the truth but I'm sticking with the story that she ran off to an ashram in India and will be back shortly.

~Marlton Mom

So glad you are coming back! I'm sure I'll be able to figure out some more trouble WE can get into by then!

No doubt. I'm sure we'll find something. Perhaps the Lovebug population will rally again and we can do some Pastinafying! Maybe that's how she got so thin. Beating those lovebugs is hard work!

I was afraid to ask....

Sometimes Paul can be..... shall we say a little boring.... strike that! We should probably call it dry.... no wait! The last thing a pool noodle wants to be is dry!!

He's a little... dull.

There! I said it!

Dull, dull, dull, dull!!!!!

I have no idea about the truth but I'm sticking with the story that she ran off to an ashram in India and will be back shortly.

~Marlton Mom
:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
:worship::worship:

Checked into yc this am - early - made emh rope drop at dhs but it has been raining all day. We made the best of it just have pruney hands and feet now. We are in connecting rooms 5170 and 5172. Not sure the view pics I took today will be any good with the rain. They are close to the cl lounge. Almost right above front entrance. We had rooms above bc entrance 2 years ago and no noise problem so hoping for the same here. Rain chance less tomorrow but we shall see. But, as y'all say - a rainy day in Disney is better than a rainy day at home!

Checked into yc this am - early - made emh rope drop at dhs but it has been raining all day. We made the best of it just have pruney hands and feet now. We are in connecting rooms 5170 and 5172. Not sure the view pics I took today will be any good with the rain. They are close to the cl lounge. Almost right above front entrance. We had rooms above bc entrance 2 years ago and no noise problem so hoping for the same here. Rain chance less tomorrow but we shall see. But, as y'all say - a rainy day in Disney is better than a rainy day at home!

Glad you are making the best of a rainy day at disney. sending you pixie dust for some sunnny skies!!!! :goodvibes

Our starting date has changed. We are going to stay 8 nights now instead of 7!:cool1: Our new start date is Feb.4 2012. Arriving the day before DS's 8th birthday. Getting so excited!! I think by adding just this one extra night is going to make the trip so much better. Our plan is to hit DTD and Disney Quest on arrival day. Then the next day to hit AK. Then the rest of the stay we concentrate on our favorite parks. Hoping that this will make for a much more relaxed trip. Not even as worried about rope drops this year.

Right now the plan is to have dinner at the Garden Grill for his birthday. Does that sound good? We have never eaten there before. He wants CM but I don't want to have to go that far out of our way. Our other option is Cape May Cafe but may save that for a night when we can get the calamari.

Just booked Beach Club for a quick weekend trip in December to celebrate my DD 17th birthday! We splurged with Deluxe Dining too! So excited!! We will be there 12/16 - 12/18.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

About the doors..

They are not magnetic so the magnet thing won't work. I did not see any doors decorated so I don't really know if this is the thing to do at BC....

Good luck.

~Marlton Mom

PS. Thanks Dee for catching that noodle update necessity.... I missed it!

We did the Welcome to Disney from the Disney and Gifts. They put a banner on our door and we left it up for awhile. I don't know if it was beacuse we paid for it :confused3

I can't believe I am three weeks or so away from making my ADRs. Seriously CANNOT believe it!!! :banana:

My only issue now is that I want to have some idea of what parks we are going to be at each day... Although I am planning on being back at the hotel for lunch so if I book most of the evening ADRs for earlier in the evening and in the area then I should be OK regardless of the parks we are in, right? I dreamed about being at Disney last night - that I wanted to go to the parks but I couldn't get the family out of SAB! LOL DS advised me tonight that he wants to try German sausages so Biergarten it is! DH should enjoy the beer there. Did I read that there are bigger tables there? That might be a good place to go with the other family that we are traveling with.

Time is going pretty fast!!!

I can't believe I am three weeks or so away from making my ADRs. Seriously CANNOT believe it!!! :banana:

My only issue now is that I want to have some idea of what parks we are going to be at each day... Although I am planning on being back at the hotel for lunch so if I book most of the evening ADRs for earlier in the evening and in the area then I should be OK regardless of the parks we are in, right? I dreamed about being at Disney last night - that I wanted to go to the parks but I couldn't get the family out of SAB! LOL DS advised me tonight that he wants to try German sausages so Biergarten it is! DH should enjoy the beer there. Did I read that there are bigger tables there? That might be a good place to go with the other family that we are traveling with.

Time is going pretty fast!!!

I think the Biergarten is a great idea for a group of friends. The delicious food is served buffet style and there is something for everyone. There also is a German band that plays a 15 minute set every so often which makes for a lively atmosphere. My 12 year old son still loves to hear the band, even at this age. Tell your son that the little white sausages are really just hot dogs without the red food coloring. They also have Mac and cheese which is a kid favorite. The menu can be found here compliments of the All Ears site http://allears.net/menu/men_ger.htm

I like the Biergarten because the food is great, the atmosphere is relaxing and unhurried and it's a great place for the adults to hang out and relax in a fun environment. It's our family favorite when dining at EPCOT.

Have a great time and Ein prosit!

~Marlton Mom

Thanks, MM!

I want to start getting an idea of touring plans, but I'm waiting for the 2012 Unofficial Guide to come out for my Kobo (Canadian ereader) so that I can get the discount on the Touring Plans site. They only have the 2011 version right now... I know, I'm an idiot! LOL. They have a couple at the local bookstore so I might have to cave and get the heavy book. Might be easier to negotiate in real book form anyway. I can only admit these kinds of things here! :lmao: of course I'm still wondering if I can get a phone book for my Kobo because I've heard bad things...

And isn't anyone going to call 911 and report Pastina missing??????

We are ready!! This is our 5th Disney World Trip since 2008, this time we are going for our 10th Anniversary! Spilt stay between AKL Jambo which we have stayed the last three trips and adore, then we move to the BCV on Sunday October 23rd. We are very excited to stay at this new "home", it is a surprise for our children DS7 and DD almost 3. We cannot wait to see ours sons face when he realizes we are staying at "the place with the wrecked ship pool" lol. Hope these ten days go fast!!!!

Just booked Beach Club for a quick weekend trip in December to celebrate my DD 17th birthday! We splurged with Deluxe Dining too! So excited!! We will be there 12/16 - 12/18.

Ohana is a ton of fun and delicious food!! Bet a 17 year old would love it there!!

What a wonderful Birthday present!!! You should adopt me! :thumbsup2

Greetings from the east side of the state! Hope you have a great time and don't gain too much weight from all that delicious food!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter