• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are so petty as to think that they have to bash another resort in order to make their favorite look good. They go in from the get go with a negative vibe (probably only to come on here and bash and complain).....

Think I'll join in the bash thread. More room for us, right :lovestruc .

Bob and I are really excited about our 3 nights next week at the BC (our belated anniversary trip). I'll be working in the lobby Sunday and Monday and checking in on Tuesday. Hope to see lots of disboarders at SAB Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday!

Hate we are gonna miss you. Have a wonderful :flower1: (and much deserved) :flower1: vacation.

Bob and I are really excited about our 3 nights next week at the BC (our belated anniversary trip). I'll be working in the lobby Sunday and Monday and checking in on Tuesday. Hope to see lots of disboarders at SAB Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday!

Teena - have a wonderful (and well deserved) trip!

Now a very important mission - make sure there is a phone book in your room - if not make sure you post over and over again what a really horrible place BC is :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Now a very important mission - make sure there is a phone book in your room - if not make sure you post over and over again what a really horrible place BC is :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Now Robyn....Why would we need a phone book. We have wonderful CM's that take care of any need we have. And at the very least look up a number FOR us :)

OK ... the first thing I'll look for is the phone book. Did somebody really post that the BC was a horrible place because the phone book wasn't in the room?

Hey Tina, my BD is in Dec, too. 12/12 for me !! We come home from our first stay at the YC 1 day before my BD this year. Just didn't want to take DD out of school for 1 more day (she is already missing the preceding week !)

OK ... the first thing I'll look for is the phone book. Did somebody really post that the BC was a horrible place because the phone book wasn't in the room?

One of the many reasons BC CL was horrible - that and cms were "watching" his family while they were getting their food!

I usually don't get so worked up over other people's posts, but we thought the BC CL CMs were all so nice and sweet that I hate seeing them getting such a bad rep from one disgruntled poster.

There have been a few more - I think some people think staying CL means the cms have to fawn all over you!

No one EVER has anything nice to say about All Star Sports and I had a blast there last year. BC CL is gonna blow my socks off! I can't wait!

Is it November yet???????

DawnMaree Really enjoying all of your wonderful YC pictures! :thumbsup2 Thanks for posting them...Getting me more excited for our first time ever stay at the YC... :dance3:
:goodvibes Thank you. There will definitely be more!

We stayed club level at the BC a few years ago and there was no one in the presidential suite (or whatever it is called) at the time, so when my friends asked about it, the club level staff gave them a tour. They said the living room was bigger than their apartment :rotfl2:
I should have asked. What could have happened? They say no? Oh well... :headache:

I personally don't like first floors (and thus patios). It feels strange to me to see shadows of people walking by the room. However, lots of guests request first floor. I've stayed at almost every Disney resort and been on floors with people above me. Only once did I hear anybody above me and that family must have had three older children that loved to jump from the bed to the floor.

Any time you are in a room at any resort ... even not Disney ... and you get a super loud neighbor next or above you and it's late, I always call the front desk and tell them to please send security to the room because the noise is very loud and we can't sleep. You can also request a room change if you have noisy neighbors.
We stayed first floor the first time we stayed at the YC. It was near the wedding gazebo facing towards Epcot. Our boys were 2 & 4 at the time and they were able to run in the grass as we sat on the patio a few times. Also, we were able to walk to the water from our patio to watch Illuminations w/o locking up. It was nice. But I'd have to say I would stay 5th floor CL over first floor anyday. :cloud9:

We did have a neighbor who was either pounding something or stomping around 2 am twice. But we couldn't figure out where it was coming from, so we didn't call anyone. Didn't last too long, but it was annoying because it woke us up.

:cheer2: Wish I could meet you at SAB!!! Hope you have a spectacular time!!

Hello to the Yacht & Beach Club community!

After having stayed at the rest of the on site resorts over the decades (except for the Values, and curiously the Cont) my birthday posse and I (2 rooms, 8 folks) will be staying at the Y&BC this December (17th-23rd).

Thanks to all the great information in this thread I've already learned quite a bit but I was wondering what 'Garden View' rooms people felt were best. It looks like you can get quite close to EPCOT - but that puts you at a distance from the Lobby - but maybe that's a good thing?

Also since I would like to have the 2 rooms as close as possible - perhaps I shouldn't try for the most popular floor/section just to stand a better chance of being adjacent?

I'll add a few thoughts. We stayed at BWI CL and BC CL at the end of August. We just returned last week - the day before the stay that prompted the controversial review posted by another guest. (I'll admit that it wasn't the finest hour for some BC CL CMs at that particular time, but I don't believe that's typical.) I love both of these resorts.

So here's my positive review of BC and my positive review of BWI.

BC: Teena was visiting Jeanne during our stay, so she wasn't in the lobby this time, but she's at the top of the list of positives. It really makes a difference when you walk in and receive a warm greeting - it's part of what we love about Disney and Teena does it so well. We love the room decor and I'm a huge fan of the theming at BC. Once again, we had a beautiful room! The self-serve refill mug stations at both BC Marketplace and Hurricane Hanna's are really convenient for us (even when staying CL.) I always notice the music playing all around the resort - so relaxing. SAB remains a huge selling point for our family. There is something fun for everyone there and we never feel crowded at SAB because of the size. (That's over many stays and includes two stays in the summer.) The size and the interesting different parts of SAB are a definite plus for us. One really nice feature is the fact that our 4-year-old can "swim" all the way across the zero depth entry/sandy area because it's no more than 2 feet all the way across and no more than 3 feet in the "deepest" corner. We also love the little slide at the base of the pirate ship - it's a fun alternative for kids who are too little for the larger jib slide. Our recent experience at the Hurricane Hanna's bar was one of the best ever - Tom was efficient, friendly and enthusiastic about my Sunken Treasure order.

BC CL: We like the kids' area in the lounge with the little tables and chairs and our kids appreciate the gummy fish in the afternoon! The TV noise level is low and the kiddie chairs are fun for our 4-year-old. It's nice to have extra items like the hard boiled eggs for breakfast - whole eggs now instead of sliced - yay, even better! The lounge has always been uncrowded for us, we've enjoyed the food and drink selection and we've found seating easily. We really enjoyed meeting Bret and Neil during our February stay - they both go above and beyond in different ways, but they were so notable that we wrote to guest communications about them. If you arrive for check-in and Bret is there, it's going to be a great start to your stay. Hard to beat the combination of greeting from Teena and check-in with Bret! Unfortunately, Bret wasn't there when we arrived this time, but Neil continued to make extra efforts this trip - thank you for the taffy Neil!

BWI: Our room was perfectly located right above Flying Fish, and the large balcony and Boardwalk view were such a great part of the stay. I spent more time on the balcony this trip than ever before and loved it - so close to the water with views of the friendship boats coming and going. We could even see the MK fireworks over the YC/BC from our balcony. The Boardwalk in the morning and late at night was so quiet and peaceful. We all loved the clown slide - I'm not big into waterslides, but THAT is a great slide. We wish we could move it over to SAB or SAB over to the clown slide!

BWI CL: CL CMs were wonderful. I just can't say enough positive things about them. Our pre-teen boys are still talking about Jackie and Pete, and the CMs in the lounge really connected with our youngest son. You don't often meet people as friendly as Jackie and Pete. We didn't ask for much, but we did have the pirate celebration to set up. Not only did Jackie do a great job with the setup, but she (and others) were so excited about the pirate ear hats, etc. that it made everything even more fun. Jackie also planned a surprise treat for me when she learned that I loved caramel pecan bars from Karamell Kuche! While they didn't have juice out at BWI in the afternoons and evenings, the CMs were happy to grab a juice box for our youngest when he needed one. Whenever I planned to do something on my own (like call DCL, go get change for laundry, buy TL tickets) they would always offer to help. It was such a warm and welcoming environment and the lounge was such a happy place. The open space, high ceilings, etc. - it's a very nice space. I also liked the courtyard view from the lounge (and Illuminations at night!)

So from our perspective, they are both great choices and each offers unique benefits. We've also stayed at a number of other resorts over time, but this year we've stayed at BC twice, Poly, BWI, AKL and Dolphin, so I'm happy to help out with questions about differences between them. :)

No one EVER has anything nice to say about All Star Sports and I had a blast there last year. BC CL is gonna blow my socks off! I can't wait!

Is it November yet???????

I stayed there shortly after college and had lots of fun! It was a good fit for that trip and a great budget option. So I'll say nice things about All Star Sports too! But yes, BC will be very different and I hope you love it as much as we do!!!

I'm sorry :sad1: I guess my rant did contribute to the negativity. I will do better. It just rubbed my the wrong way because I think so highly of the Y&B. And for any other Disney Resort. I think Disney is the bees knees and anything about it puts me on cloud nine. Sure, there are resorts that I can do without, but I am not going to overly broadcast my dislike because it may wrongly influence someone else that may have a very different experience than me. Ok, Ok, Ok, before I start again, until next time..........HAPPY Y&B Clubbin........(I am so stoked, I WILL BE IN WDW IN 4 DAYS---can't contain myself, I think I have posted more today than I have every posted in a whole week.)

Please don't take my remarks personally, everybody needs to vent. It's just that there are so many good things to talk about that we shouldn't waste our precious time swimming in some one else's negativity. Let's talk about the things we LOVE about the BC! :grouphug:

If I were you I would so take advantage of this situation and TORMENT the greeters that are on duty. For example, if it was Richard working, I would casually stroll by in my flip flops, bathing suit and cover up (Bob would be in the Green "man Kini", sans coverup) and raise my glass filled with sunkin treasure and give him a salute. Then I would turn, wag my "tail" at him and take off before what ever he is going to throw at you goes airborne.

But seriously, have a great trip! Where are you eating BTW?

'Artists' conception of Bob in the Mankini:

Beach Club/ Dis boards speedo mankini by Marlton Mom, on Flickr

:lmao: No, no, no.... the book and the hissy fit are two different things. The Hissy fit was about Club Level and someone else was wondering if a phone book was available in the room. Apparently they may want to call random people in the Orlando area and ask if they have "Prince Albert in a can". ;)....... I know when ever my family stays in the same hotel with Marlton Mom they can be sure to expect this type of phone call.

~Marlton Mom
(You can thank me later for posting that picture AGAIN!)

We're eating at Cape May the first night, Teppan Edo the second night and Italy the third night. We were thrilled to be able to get them when we were forced to change our dates from August! I was afraid that with free dining going on, we'd never get in anywhere but we got them!

Teena, yay for your upcoming BC stay! Have a wonderful time and enjoy SAB! :) We'll be thinking of you and Bob!

I'm sorry :sad1: I guess my rant did contribute to the negativity. I will do better. It just rubbed my the wrong way because I think so highly of the Y&B. And for any other Disney Resort. I think Disney is the bees knees and anything about it puts me on cloud nine. Sure, there are resorts that I can do without, but I am not going to overly broadcast my dislike because it may wrongly influence someone else that may have a very different experience than me. Ok, Ok, Ok, before I start again, until next time..........HAPPY Y&B Clubbin........(I am so stoked, I WILL BE IN WDW IN 4 DAYS---can't contain myself, I think I have posted more today than I have every posted in a whole week.)

At least you weren't cited 10 points for the infraction of giving a supposed sarcastic and argumentative reply to the OP :rotfl2:...I'm sorry but I don't think I was either of those. You just have to read the title of the thread to know that the OP was going to flame the BC. I'm a little disappointed this thread has been so active all day. It seems there are some out there that can't wait to trash our beloved BC!!!

Yup! After she/he trashed the BC in her first post, she continued to remember other things that also bothered her...no phone book and no robes were added later on along with some other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter