**2011 Confirmed Snacks/Add yours here**

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't use DDP in 2010, but did in 2007.

Back then we could get cereal and the milk for one snack credit. By the list, it looks like we'd have to use 2 snack credits now, correct?

We didn't use DDP in 2010, but did in 2007.

Back then we could get cereal and the milk for one snack credit. By the list, it looks like we'd have to use 2 snack credits now, correct?

Yes. There have been quite a few changes since 2007. You also can no longer get a large (more than 1 serving) bag of chips or a dozen donuts. But there are still plenty of choices. :goodvibes

Silly first time DDP noob question. I take it since there's a need for this thread that all snack options are not marked as suggested in the 2011 Dining Catalog where it says;

"Look for this symbol to identify Quick-Service restaurants, outdoor food carts and select merchandise locations that accept your Disney
Dining Plan and to identify eligible snack options. You may redeem your snacks at most Quick-Service restaurants, outdoor food carts and
merchandise locations selling frozen ice cream novelties, popcorn or Coca-Cola® products throughout the Walt Disney World® Resort."

I was unaware that there were so many options.

Sooooo my question is, are snacks marked with the appropriate symbol or do I need to print this list, lol. :confused: Thanks! :)

I take a list of all the choices on the first post and then customize it for us. (C&P into Word) And then since I, apparently don't have a life, I have also taken to googling images of Snack menus and revising my own list after making sure that they are current. I even change the pricing-which is a good way to tell if the menu is current or not, BTW. I know-I have a problem! That way I don't overlook a snack we may want to try or a favorite we want to try again!

jjohnson does a great job:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 but I know since getting a real job she hasn't been able to spend as much time on this thread as she used to.

We finally decided on our trip and we are going 10/8 to 10/8 so we plan on using some of our SC at the Food & Wine Festival!:goodvibes I've even taken their brochure and made it into a listing so we don't miss the ones we want to try. FY!-all foods at the booths are 1 SC! :cloud9:

First time we used DDP back in Jan. 05, we only knew about the items on the brochure. Now we know better and rarely use our SC for anything as basic as sodas, water, or even popcorn. Actually I won't let me DM use one for bottled water-we bring our own. ;)

Okay, thanks for the info about the cereal/milk.

It was convenient just to use a snack credit, but we'll probably just bring cereal and buy milk.

JJ, I was just looking around the internet and found a site (eatingaroundwdw.wordpress.com) that just did a brief update on the new Kabuki Cafe, formerly Kaki Gori, on 8/15. I've updated my list and here's the info I used.

Kaki Gori $3.50
Shaved ice topped with fruit syrups: choice of strawberry, melon, tangerine (Mikan), or rainbow (all three flavors)
Cup Ice Cream-Green Tea (Matcha), Ginger, or Azuki Strawberry $3.50
Edamame $3.50
Miso Soup $3.50
Coca-Cola $2.50
Diet Coke $2.50
Sprite $2.50
Bottled Water $2.50
Coffee (Hot or Iced) $2.50
Hot Chocolate $2.50

They also reported that the Japan F&WF Kiosk is already open, to take up the slack from Yakitori being closed for 3 months and are serving a scaled down verison of the Yakitori. They are reporting that once the F&WF starts, they will switch over to their reg. F&WF menu. There aren't any SC items shown on their menu at this time, only entree choices.

They also reported the addition of 2 choices at Karamel Kuche, both a SC-
Dark Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt $3.95
Milk Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt $3.95

I think I'll definitely have to try that dark chocolate, sea salt one!:goodvibes

Keep up the good work, can't wait to use our SC on some delicious sounding choices! :cloud9:

I take a list of all the choices on the first post and then customize it for us. (C&P into Word) And then since I, apparently don't have a life, I have also taken to googling images of Snack menus and revising my own list after making sure that they are current. I even change the pricing-which is a good way to tell if the menu is current or not, BTW. I know-I have a problem! That way I don't overlook a snack we may want to try or a favorite we want to try again!

jjohnson does a great job:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 but I know since getting a real job she hasn't been able to spend as much time on this thread as she used to.

We finally decided on our trip and we are going 10/8 to 10/8 so we plan on using some of our SC at the Food & Wine Festival!:goodvibes I've even taken their brochure and made it into a listing so we don't miss the ones we want to try. FY!-all foods at the booths are 1 SC! :cloud9:

First time we used DDP back in Jan. 05, we only knew about the items on the brochure. Now we know better and rarely use our SC for anything as basic as sodas, water, or even popcorn. Actually I won't let me DM use one for bottled water-we bring our own. ;)

Since you appear to be an expert (I applaud your planning and org!) I have a question - do the Mickey Ice Cream Bars (and sammies) at carts around the MK in particular, but other parks too, not qualify for a snack credit??

If so, this is one thing that makes me very nervous about using the DDP... that i would end up spending more money or be frustrated with having to choose Edys Dibs or something i would not prefer to use a SC. Plus I have inlaws along who we would need to convince this is the route to go and if it turned out that many things were not included I can see them getting annoyed :mad:at the DDP choice and I can see me feeling uncomfortable. :sad2: Am I concerned for nothing? I just dont think I have the time to org a menu of options from which to choose. Plus I think they already think my ridemax itineraries are nuts!

thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

Since you appear to be an expert (I applaud your planning and org!) I have a question - do the Mickey Ice Cream Bars (and sammies) at carts around the MK in particular, but other parks too, not qualify for a snack credit??

If so, this is one thing that makes me very nervous about using the DDP... that i would end up spending more money or be frustrated with having to choose Edys Dibs or something i would not prefer to use a SC. Plus I have inlaws along who we would need to convince this is the route to go and if it turned out that many things were not included I can see them getting annoyed :mad:at the DDP choice and I can see me feeling uncomfortable. :sad2: Am I concerned for nothing? I just dont think I have the time to org a menu of options from which to choose. Plus I think they already think my ridemax itineraries are nuts!

thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

All the ice cream novelties (Mickey Bars, Sandwiches, Itzakadoozie, etc) are a SC on the DDP. So you can get anything at the ice cream carts around the parks with your SC as well as at CS locations that may serve them. Also at your resort food court. The ice cream novelties there count as a SC as well.

Of course when we eat a meal at a food court instead of getting a ice cream novelty as our dessert choice, we will many times get an ice cream sundae instead ( at POP etc.) You can get it after your meal, just let the cashier know you want to get it after your finish eating. They'll let you know how long you have to return. (60, 90, or ? minutes) You can do this with an ice cream novelty as well.;)

thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

The key here is to understand the reason this list exists is really to....

A) Help people see the variety of things they can get with SC's besides the usual snack cart items like ice cream bars, sodas, churros, etc.

B) To maximize the "value" you get for your SC's (if that is important to you). The sodas, ice cream bars, etc. are usually not as expensive so they don't carry as much "value"...

Here's the thing, relax... enjoy... you don't have to take a list if you don't want to. If you are just looking for a convenient way to get snacks in the park, then just get what you want. If there are a few items on this list that intrigue you and you want to try them, then write them down and go check them out!

DDP can either be a great way to maximize your dollars if you want to work at it, or can be a convenient way to prepay and go to the parks worry-free concering meals... sounds #2 is for you :thumbsup2

All the ice cream novelties (Mickey Bars, Sandwiches, Itzakadoozie, etc)...

On our trip Aug 20-27, took particular notice that Itzakadoozies were no longer available -- at least, we did not see any carts with them in any park. There replacement would seem to be the Nestle Triple Blast instead.

I did not have the time to do much reserch this trip !!We all used SC at Pop for Icecream sundaes, this is 3 scoops of icecream ( can be 3 different ones ) a variety of toppings , nuts etc and whipped cream !! They are a great SC use !! Also a huge hit was the cheese fries also a SC!!I noticed and took pix which I will upload soon of all the yummy desserts at the German bakery, Goofys and more Basically $3.99 and under for bakery items is a SC. Also 8oz or less bagged candy at Goofy's is a SC. the fudge is now precut and is all under $4 so an sc

On our trip Aug 20-27, took particular notice that Itzakadoozies were no longer available -- at least, we did not see any carts with them in any park. There replacement would seem to be the Nestle Triple Blast instead.

I noticed those showing up recently on a few menu images I googled. Are they similar to Itzas? My DD12 loves them and WDW is the only place we have found them. They used to sell them at Knott's Berry Farm but stopped, oh, at least 3-4 years ago. :confused3

Okay, I just did a search on them. The flavors sound similar to Itzas
Manufacturer Information
Wild Cherry; Zesty Lemon; Awesome Orange. Natural & artificial flavor added. Artificial color added.

They look like they may be similar in size. I guess we'll find out in hmmm, how many days?

Oh yeah, in about 38 days! :wizard:

I didn't see the caramel shortbread cookie on the list from the Caramel Shop in Germany
This is something that I am soooo excited to try.
I thought that I saw on another thread that it is included as a snack credit but I can't find the thread now:surfweb:
Can anyone confirm if the caramel shortbread cookie is a snack credit and if not, can anyone tell me how much it cost.

I am also looking for the red velvet cheesecake cupcake at Staring Rolls----is this included as a snack credit? I don't see it on the list and I am hoping that it is a SC. :cloud9:

Thank you disboard friends :goodvibes

I am also looking for the red velvet cheesecake cupcake at Staring Rolls----is this included as a snack credit?

Yes, the red velvet cheescake cupcake at Starring Rolls at Hollywood Studios is a snack credit. You can also select it as a dessert if you use a quick service meal credit -- that is what we did. There are only two sandwiches available, one turkey, one ham, but both are excellent.

Looks to me like the wdwinfo page for Writer's Stop is not accurate.

There's several places showing images of the Writer's Stop menu with the DDP icon. Here's one from June 2011:

http://www.easywdw.com/menus-and-se...ets-of-america-treats-hot-and-cold-beverages/

Week of Aug 22 I'll run in and confirm with my own eyes. :)

Great! We had the best snacks there. Was so relaxing.

Writer's Stop in DHS is definitely still accepting the dining plan for snack credits. I went in there twice during the week of Aug 22 2011 to get iced cappucino and strawberry "frozen drinks" as it is listed on the menu. (The frozen drinks are like a Slurpee.)

I didn't see the caramel shortbread cookie on the list from the Caramel Shop in Germany
This is something that I am soooo excited to try.
I thought that I saw on another thread that it is included as a snack credit but I can't find the thread now:surfweb:
Can anyone confirm if the caramel shortbread cookie is a snack credit and if not, can anyone tell me how much it cost.

I am also looking for the red velvet cheesecake cupcake at Staring Rolls----is this included as a snack credit? I don't see it on the list and I am hoping that it is a SC. :cloud9:

Thank you disboard friends :goodvibes

Maybe this was the thread?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2784947&page=5

If you got to post #70 there is a link there for a disboarders flickr account and she took a picture of the case and as you roll over each item with your mouse it tells you what it is, the price, and if it's a SC. When she took the photo (fairly recently) I don't see the shortbread cookie on it. But it might have just not been there that day.

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter