2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
45 days till we will be at BCV. Just got the call from kids school, tomorrow no school again due to our storm here in Chicago. What a crazy storm, 18-22inches of snow, thunder and lightening last night and 67mph winds. Heres to hoping for good weather in March at Disney

Here's a photo of the Oreo Bonbons from the Concierge Lounge in July. They were there frequently, but I don't think it was every night. That's a raspberry cheesecake, too, I believe.

IMG_0352.jpg

This is the same as CL at the YC. :cloud9: Those oreo bon bons are the BEST! And the raspberry cheesecake is delishhh as well. I also saw (and ate :laughing:) different kinds of mousse, cookies, fruit, and brownies. YUM! :love:

Here's a photo of the Oreo Bonbons from the Concierge Lounge in July. They were there frequently, but I don't think it was every night. That's a raspberry cheesecake, too, I believe.

IMG_0352.jpg

Can you get the oreo bon bons anywhere else other than dinner at Cape May Cafe or club level. We are staying at BCV and I would love to try one but we only ahve breakfast reservations at Cape May cafe.

Stay club level and you'll get them every night in the lounge ... at least in the past they were up in the lounge from 8-10 PM. Can anybody that's been there recently please confirm?

We just spent a week club level, enjoyed the Oreo yummies on the last night. Not sure if we missed them the other nights but they are sooo good!

Spent the last week in the warm FL sun at our new favorite-Beach Club-Club Level. We had a great time and loved CL-we were in room 5648 (corner room) right next to the lounge. Our room was large (!) and had 3 windows, one way Epcot fireworks view, one way MK fireworks view. We had nothing but great service on CL, so gracious and welcoming, complete with numerous towel animals, pillow chocolates, and the lounge snacks, wow! How great it was to come back to the room and be refreshed in the lounge (my dh was in heaven). The lounge did get very crowded so many times we just went to our room. Food was always delish and plentiful, ds 13 has a new found love for bacon wrapped scallops!
Thank you for all of your hints and info, I felt as if I was "going home" at the Beach Club.

Spent the last week in the warm FL sun at our new favorite-Beach Club-Club Level.

What is this thing, "the Sun" you speak of? :scratchin

Here in the north we only know of snow and clouds and frozen noses..... It has been Soooooo Looong since we have seen "The Sun". I am glad to hear that it still exists in other parts of the world.

Marlton Mom
Who is sporting up to 3 pairs of socks at the same time...... it is SO COLD in NJ!!

What is this thing, "the Sun" you speak of? :scratchin

Here in the north we only know of snow and clouds and frozen noses..... It has been Soooooo Looong since we have seen "The Sun". I am glad to hear that it still exists in other parts of the world.

Marlton Mom
Who is sporting up to 3 pairs of socks at the same time...... it is SO COLD in NJ!!

Did I forget to mention that we almost didn't make it home due to the weather? First flight was canceled, rescheduled flight late, arrived home 6 hours late with no bags to a wind chill of -20, ice, snow, no school??? We were "this close" to staying in Orlando a few extra days...

Oh, I am so ready to see the sun!!! :goodvibes ONLY 1 MORE WORK DAY :cool1: (tomorrow) then Friday night we'll be on the Red Eye, arriving early Saturday morning in (hopefully) SUNNY ORLANDO! :lovestruc
Can't wait! :cool1:

How'd you get the app to download? I want to see things happening and the pretty countdown they claim.

I looked up plan it Disney on Internet and it took me to the page where I clicked the ap and it took me to iTunes. I think it's under eticket on iTunes. I haven't explored it all yet but I do like that it has the disboards on it ;)

Last May for an "emergency unplanned quick fix". Nothing scheduled for this year except right now (January through early February). Normal pool maintenance is always done January-March. Of course, just like your car, unplanned things happen that need to be fixed sometimes.

Thank you *phew*

:wizard:Yacht and Beach Club August Trip List:wizard:

MickeyT(me) and family Aug 3-11 BCV
Gretchenohar@hotmail Aug 7 -17 BCV Gigi, PopPop, Matt (age 9), and Emily (age 5)
Claireybear (Claire) Aug 11 – Sept 1 BC
Kinggoffy Aug 13-Aug 27 YC
Nixieh ( & family) Aug 18 – 22 BC CL
DawnMaree ( and family!) Aug 22- 30 YC
Njmom76 Aug 24 – 30 BC
Luvdisney00 Aug 24 – 30 BC
Jmamom Aug 24 – 31 YC
Sunshine NJ Aug 25-31 BC
Mcd2745 Aug 26- Sept 3 BC
Pixarmom Aug 28-29 BC

:wizard:Yacht and Beach Club September Trip List:wizard:

3Minnies1Mickey (Shannon & family) Sept 3- 10 BCV
Tinkandonaldfans Sept 7 – 22 BC WEDDING!!!!
Focusondisney (&DH) Sept 10 -15
5westbrooks Sept 10 – 17 BC
Bookgirl Sept 17 - 21 BCV
Doccoc2002 Sept 24 – Oct 1 YC
Sjs314 (Sheila & DH) Sept 25-Oct 2 BCV
Disneyinachick Sept 25-Oct 8 YC
Tiggr88 Sept 27- Oct 2 YC (DD’s Happy Birthday!)

Ok....Here we go. If I missed anyone or you see any errors please let me know.

We're staying 09/27 - 10/2 at the YC if you'd like to add us to the list.

Me, DW and DD16 and DD11 (turning 12 the week after the trip),

Hello - just wondering if anyone "on the ground" knows if the waterslide has reopened? Official date was Feb.10 but I've heard it could open sooner. Any updates are welcome! Heading down this weekend! Thanks!

P.S. Yes, I know the Luna Park slide is open during closure, just really love the BC slide! Memories! Memories!

Hello - just wondering if anyone "on the ground" knows if the waterslide has reopened? Official date was Feb.10 but I've heard it could open sooner. Any updates are welcome! Heading down this weekend! Thanks!

P.S. Yes, I know the Luna Park slide is open during closure, just really love the BC slide! Memories! Memories!

Teena is probably not working until Sunday, so she may not have any information before then.

Someone who is at BC now posted this message on Monday night.

Originally Posted by vanreg, 5:30 2/1/11:
"Good news for anyone coming soon....we are here now and the scaffolding around the slide has started coming down!"

We went once during this week... it was pretty packed not near as busy as the week after Christmas but slow moving lines and lots of people. Packed restaraunts ect. Definitely doable but busy. We aren't really Star Wars Fans and ended up there on accident. This year we are going back and because we don't "have" to see it we will avoid that park during the weekend.

Angie

Same here, I liked the movies WAY BACK, but do not Need to see the whole celebration....but I want to fit in 2 early mornings at DHS. Hmmm I may go on the Friday a.m. instead of the Sat or Sun. And since we don't eat at any TS in DHS, we should be fine for a QS lunch, then we'll get the heck out of there!! thanks

Um, what????? I know that happened last year. I read that the slide was not as slippery as it needed to be and they were doing an unplanned refurb on it. But this year too???? NOOOOO! That will def make us change our plans, yet again! Oh no, somebody please say it isn't so....:sad1:

Not slippery enough??? :rotfl: I decided to go down the slide with my DD13, OMG I thought I was going t slide right off that thing!!! DD loved it, me not so much. I am now happy to sit in the Sandy Bottom pool while she goes to the slide!!!

MY slide needs a refurb. Or at least a thawing!

IMG_1608-1.jpg
IMG_1607-1.jpg

But on the bright side, schools are in session today! :banana:

Same here, I liked the movies WAY BACK, but do not Need to see the whole celebration....but I want to fit in 2 early mornings at DHS. Hmmm I may go on the Friday a.m. instead of the Sat or Sun. And since we don't eat at any TS in DHS, we should be fine for a QS lunch, then we'll get the heck out of there!! thanks

We have no choice but to tackle DHS Star Wars Weekend on Saturday the 21. Well, I guess we could choose Sunday, but it's still the weekend, so I doubt it will make a difference, right? Bleh! Not looking forward to the crowds, but we'll make the most of it and hopefully even HE will want to sneak out in the early afternoon and head back to SAB before going to MK.

Not slippery enough??? :rotfl: I decided to go down the slide with my DD13, OMG I thought I was going t slide right off that thing!!! DD loved it, me not so much. I am now happy to sit in the Sandy Bottom pool while she goes to the slide!!!

I'm not kidding and I thought the same thing. :lmao: A slide that's not slippery enough? Hmmmm, I'm going to have to find that post to re-read the exact wording. I sure hope it says what I remember!!!! :beach: Before reading your post I was planning on taking a turn on the slide too. Now I think I'll send DH down first for an adult test run!!!!

MY slide needs a refurb. Or at least a thawing!

IMG_1608-1.jpg
IMG_1607-1.jpg

But on the bright side, schools are in session today! :banana:

Is this the famous "Frosty Butt" slide alleged to exist in the Boston area? I hear the lines are REALLY LONG for this one in the summer. What is the pool like at the bottom of this slide? Rumor has it that it has a very innovative "Mulch" bottom. Can you confirm these rumors??

Signed Frozen in Marlton :eek:
PS. Does this slide come with a "Balcony view"???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter