2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I am trying to decide between the Beach Club Villas or Beach Club itself for a mid-September trip. The Villa (studio) looks great; and is cheaper (this is with the current public room-only discount).

I'm wondering what the pros/cons are of each; and whether there is a good reason to choose the more expensive Beach Club proper?

It's $207/night for the Villa studio and $224 for a garden-view room.

Thoughts? We just had a November trip and stayed at the Poly/AKL (split stay) but would love to be able to walk to EPCOT next time.

Txmama, Txdaddy, DS5 and DD8

Hi everyone. I am trying to decide between the Beach Club Villas or Beach Club itself for a mid-September trip. The Villa (studio) looks great; and is cheaper (this is with the current public room-only discount).

I'm wondering what the pros/cons are of each; and whether there is a good reason to choose the more expensive Beach Club proper?

Thoughts? We just had a November trip and stayed at the Poly/AKL (split stay) but would love to be able to walk to EPCOT next time.

Personally ... just my opinion of course ... I'm not a fan of the studios. I love the one and two bedroom villas but the studio isn't for me. I like two queen beds, not one queen and a sofa bed. I personally would go with the garden view room at the BC since there are four of you.

Teena - Welcome Back!

We've definitely missed you on the BC/YC thread.

It's snowing here (once again) and another storm headed this way on Tuesday - definitely missing BC!

I remember those days of feelings so tired - hopefully Jeanne will be feeling much better soon.

Personally ... just my opinion of course ... I'm not a fan of the studios. I love the one and two bedroom villas but the studio isn't for me. I like two queen beds, not one queen and a sofa bed. I personally would go with the garden view room at the BC since there are four of you.

Teena, opinions are what I'm after! Thanks!

Reading another post about not liking yc is making me worry. They were saying how horrible cs food choice is and the buses are terrible. We are staying at bc in June. I need a little reassurance please...;)
Also, will I have a better chance getting a full balcony since I changed to garden view?

Thanks from a worrier!:rolleyes:

We always stay at BC in the summer.

During this time our bus to MK has always just stopped at YC and then BC. You can walk or take the water taxi to EPCOT and DHS. AK was usually a stop at YC, then BC, then BB and AK. DTD busses are always terrible and we usually take a cab.

I can NEVER understand all the complaining about cs at BC/YC. You have BC Marketplace, Hurricane Hannah's and a ton of cs restaurants just a short walk away at EPCOT. You can walk over to the Boardwalk Bakery in just a few minutes. Also if you are not staying cl it's a good idea to order a few breakfast items from the garden grocer.

There are so many wonderful positivies about BC/YC that I hate to see one posters unhappiness about cs make anyone change their mind about staying at BC or YC!

You can rent a villa either from an existing DVC owner or a rental agency and your rate might be even cheaper, depending on when you're going. I rented a studio once and it only cost me $123 per night, but that was from a member. If I had rented from an agency, it would cost about $179.

:upsidedow

Reading another post about not liking yc is making me worry. They were saying how horrible cs food choice is and the buses are terrible. We are staying at bc in June. I need a little reassurance please...;)
Also, will I have a better chance getting a full balcony since I changed to garden view?

Thanks from a worrier!:rolleyes:

No better chance on balconies no matter what you book. Just request one and go to the regular check-in line (not on-line check-in) and just say "I requested a full balcony, did I get one?" If they say "no", tell them to please check to see if you can get a different room with a full balcony and if one isn't available today, then you would like to room change to one tomorrow.

I personally find the cs food choices perfectly okay. And the buses at any resort, GF, Contemporary, Poly, moderates, etc. can all be iffy at times. If you talk to 4 guests staying at the BC at the exact same time, two might say the buses were horrible and the other 2 will say the buses were great. I've stayed at every resort and I find the GF and the MK resorts the worst as far as buses ..l. no contest!!!

We just booked our first stay at the Beach Club last week!!

Does anyone know if there are garden rooms with a king size bed and daybed? Or is it all two queens and maybe a daybed?

We just booked our first stay at the Beach Club last week!!

Does anyone know if there are garden rooms with a king size bed and daybed? Or is it all two queens and maybe a daybed?

There are very very very few rooms, garden or other views) with a king bed and most do not have a daybed. Most of the rooms have two queens in them and some have the daybed. They are given to families of 5 first of course.

Hi all. I am considering a change from CR to BC/YC with the possibility of booking BCV. We have two DS, 16 and 10 and they need their own beds. My DS16 is quite tall and my DS10 will make my DS16 miserable if they have to share a queen bed. I have wanted to stay at BC/YC for years now. DH says book a larger room with either a day bed or use of a roll-away cot. We also want a balcony. What are the pros/cons of YC vs BC and which would I have a better chance of getting a day bed and balcony? We would only consider a 1 bedroom in the villa. Do they have the sleeper sofa AND sleeper chair like we had at Kidani? Can you request a cot? How comfortable are the cost? Thanks all. I will be hanging out here for a while. :goodvibes

Reading another post about not liking yc is making me worry. They were saying how horrible cs food choice is and the buses are terrible. Also, will I have a better chance getting a full balcony since I changed to garden view?

You have a better chance of getting the full balcony by being on the "Dark Side" (aka the YC) where almost all rooms have the full balcony. Otherwise if you are staying on the sunny side of life (aka BC) just follow what Teena said and hope for the best. It will be so hot in June that you won't use it much anyway (wishfull thinking).

If you want McDonalds, you don't find it at the BC/YC. If you want good food fast, you find it at the Marketplace, Hurricane Hannah's, and Epcot. I'm of the opinion that the people complaining about counter service are trying to justify why they don't want their kids swimming in SAB or being within walking distance of Epcot.

As Teena said, you talk with a group of people about the bus situation and half will be fine, half will complain. We've had no serious complaints on our two stays. Now if you want to talk about POR I'll really give you a scare (still love that place though when I'm going moderate).

Bottom line, don't worry, be happy, go with an akunamatada attitude and you'll be fine.

Yep, a little snow. We had a great "Christmas" with Jeanne even though it was a tad late. The three of us went to Jersey Boys Thursday night. It was Jeanne's and my second time and Bob's first. He wants to go again the next time we are there. I miss her ... hate leaving her!

Welcome back Teena. Glad Jeanne is doing well.

We seen Jersey Boys during our August trip and we loved it. I had seen it on Broadway and DH hadn't seen it. He loved it. I especially love it as I am from Jersey.

Welcome back Teena. Glad Jeanne is doing well.

We seen Jersey Boys during our August trip and we loved it. I had seen it on Broadway and DH hadn't seen it. He loved it. I especially love it as I am from Jersey.

Bob and I were born and raised in South Jersey ... another reason we loved it so much!

The entry to EPCOT through the International Gateway has its own separate rope drop in the morning at the same time (or occasionally a little earlier) than the front of the park. Once you go through the turnstiles, you walk through an emply UK and Canada to get to Future World. You can then go wherever you want in FW. You do not need to go to the front of the park, because you have already entered.

We are always about 5 minutes later than rope drop so we don't know exactly where. Is is before you enter UK, or is it after Canada, right before FW?

I believe if you have a party of 5 you will automatically be assigned a room with a daybed.

If you are a party of 4, you may request a daybed, but it is only a request so it will be based upon availability. The full balcony is also a request.

You should decide which of these requests is most important to your family- if there is no room available with both a daybed and full balcony when you check in, then you want to make sure that whichever one you want the most is listed as your top preference.

You can rent floats for $3 per hour or $10 per day. You can bring your own noodles or purchase some in the gift shop. Outside tubes are not permitted unless they fit around a smaller child with an adult within arms length. See first few pages of this thread. Never been in June.

Aside from the marshmallow roast, movies and pool volleyball, there is a whole list of activities going on throughout the day, most of them centered around the pool area. You will receive this list upon checkin.

I like to go into EPCOT and watch Illuminations from the bridge between UK and France, and as you mentioned, it is an easy escape back to your room from there (about 10 minutes). You can also see some of the high fireworks from the pool, the beach and from the bridge to the Boardwalk.

Thanks so much. It is exciting to try a new resort! We can't wait:banana:

Hi everyone. We've recently returned from our first ever Disney cruise and I'm trying to catch up. :surfweb:

MickeyT and Amanda, congratulations. Hope you had fun yesterday.

Teena, congratulations to you and Bob. I hope Jeannie is doing well.

Do the BCvillas have full balconies?:confused3

Thanks!

Kelly in NC

First floor villas have small patios. All other villas have balconies large enough for 2 chairs and a small table. There are many different configurations.

Hi all- Does anyone remember a link to a 360 degree Stormalong Bay video tour, set to tropical themed music?

It was posted on one of the prior Yacht & Beach Club threads, and I seem to remember that the poster said it was from one of the BCV or DVC threads.

Somehow, I forgot to save the link, and I have poked around the DVC boards a little bit, the Y&B resort photos and the previous Y&B thread, but I couldn't find it.

If anyone has this link to share or remembers where it came from, please let me know!

Thanks!

Dee

Here you go, Dee.
http://www.tagrel.com/Tours/Flash/sab.shtml

We're leaving for our quick extended weekend trip to the Poly tomorrow morning! We won't be at the BC until February, but if anyone has questions about World Showcase menus, or something in the parks we can investigate that might help on the BC/YC thread, let me know! :wizard:

Hope you are having a ball! :cool1:

I need to add info about refillable mugs to front page- but we have not used them- please correct me if any of this information is wrong or incomplete:

Mugs can be purchased at the Beach Club Marketplace. (Can they also be purchased anywhere at the Yacht Club?)

They can be refilled at the BC Marketplace, the Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club (is that correct) and there is an outside self-serve filling station at Hurricane Hanna's by the pool. What about Beaches & Cream?

TIA!

Last I knew you could buy and fill them at all those places.

Hi all. I am considering a change from CR to BC/YC with the possibility of booking BCV. We have two DS, 16 and 10 and they need their own beds. My DS16 is quite tall and my DS10 will make my DS16 miserable if they have to share a queen bed. I have wanted to stay at BC/YC for years now. DH says book a larger room with either a day bed or use of a roll-away cot. We also want a balcony. What are the pros/cons of YC vs BC and which would I have a better chance of getting a day bed and balcony? We would only consider a 1 bedroom in the villa. Do they have the sleeper sofa AND sleeper chair like we had at Kidani? Can you request a cot? How comfortable are the cost? Thanks all. I will be hanging out here for a while. :goodvibes

It sounds like YC would be your best bet with a request for a daybed.

You don't want a one bedroom at BCV as there is no sleeper chair.

Hi everyone. We've recently returned from our first ever Disney cruise and I'm trying to catch up. :surfweb:

Here you go, Dee.
http://www.tagrel.com/Tours/Flash/sab.shtml

Thank you so much BCV23!!! That is exactly the clip I was looking for. I would love to paste it to the front page, but I am always uncomfortable doing that without the permission of the creator of the content. But then again, once something is up on the 'net, it's fair game, right???

I'll have a little wrestling match with my conscience, but I think we will see it upfront soon...

Thank you for the excellent information! You are the go-to person for BCV and so much more! I have only had two stays at the Beach Club, so my knowledge is based mostly on what I read here.

I hope you had a fantastic cruise!!! How many nights? What ports? Have fun swapping cruise stories with Teena next time you talk with her!

Hi Dee. Thanks for the kind words. :hug:

I had second thoughts after I posted the link, too. Perhaps you could contact him? I should have, I guess. :laughing: He used to post on the DIS....maybe still does. Seems like a very helpful person.

Our cruise was a seven night Eastern Caribbean. Just a fantastic family time. My DH and I never thought we would enjoy cruising but I loved it. :cloud9: The port calls were St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay with three days at sea. It will be fun talking cruisin' with Teena next month. :boat:

You maintain this FAQ so well, Dee. I'm so glad you took the helm. :goodvibes

Thank you for posting the slideshow of the pool! My kids loved it!
For those of you who have stayed at the Poly and the Yacht Club - how does the drawer/closet space compare? With 5 of us, we are always tight for space, but it's good to be prepared! Thanks!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter