• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were in 4610, which was a standard room, full balcony (4th floor). We had a view of the courtyard between BC and the Villas. You can see pictures on my TR I just started.
We were down the hall from the elevators about 8 rooms or so. I really liked it. Quiet, but easy in and out.
I should note that it was a room just for 4, no daybed as we were only 4 people.

Can anyone give me specifics on the YC CL? We rebooked another trip for February! I can't wait! Also, does anyone know what their offerings are? One other quick question, can you swim in StormAlong Bay or would it be too cold?

Thanks All,

Brunete:yay:

Does anyone know when the YC decorates for Xmas?

We are considering a short trip over Thanksgiving but might postpone until early Dec if the decorations are not up?

Thanks!

I missed the last 10 days of this thread, and I'm trying to backtrack to find out about the BC/YC pins! (We just returned from our beach vacation in California - which started with 3 days at DL - very fun, and interesting to compare WDW and DL.) Wow - fast work on the pins! I would love one, but our next trip is in February. Sorry if someone already answered this, but can we ask to reserve one?

and jpaxton1118, our pre-schooler is so tired at the end of the day at WDW, that the EPCOT fireworks don't make a bit of difference. I know all kids sleep differently, but we've always found that our boys sleep particularly soundly at WDW!

Teena - hope you enjoyed your visit with Jeanne!

First let me say Thank You Thank You for starting a new thread -- looking at all the empty picture boxes had me staying away from the old thread. This one is beautiful-- great job.
My family stayed for 11 nights at BCV last June and I have a TON of pictures in my trip report listed in my signature. Please feel free to use any of these that you would like. I have a bunch of really great Beaches n Cream photos and photos at Cape May Cafe. Plus I have a walking photo tour of the BCV property -- pictures of the solarium and of the quiet pool also.
We will be returning on Oct 11th for another amazing 12 day trip -- I have a new camera ( not saying I know how to use it exactly :rotfl: ) but would be happy to do my best at taking any photos needed .:goodvibes
Thanks again !

I missed the last 10 days of this thread, and I'm trying to backtrack to find out about the BC/YC pins! (We just returned from our beach vacation in California - which started with 3 days at DL - very fun, and interesting to compare WDW and DL.) Wow - fast work on the pins! I would love one, but our next trip is in February. Sorry if someone already answered this, but can we ask to reserve one?

Sounds like a GREAT vacation on the west coast!

There is info on the front page about the buttons. Perhaps Teena can set one aside for you at home, then contact her by PM a few weeks before your trip so she can bring it to BC.

First let me say Thank You Thank You for starting a new thread -- looking at all the empty picture boxes had me staying away from the old thread. This one is beautiful-- great job.
My family stayed for 11 nights at BCV last June and I have a TON of picture

s in my trip report listed in my signature. Please feel free to use any of these that you would like. I have a bunch of really great Beaches n Cream photos and photos at Cape May Cafe. Plus I have a walking photo tour of the BCV property -- pictures of the solarium and of the quiet pool also.
We will be returning on Oct 11th for another amazing 12 day trip -- I have a new camera ( not saying I know how to use it exactly :rotfl: ) but would be happy to do my best at taking any photos needed .:goodvibes
Thanks again !

Thanks so much for your kind words about the pictures up on the "new" thread. Everyone has been so generous about offers of pictures, which has been a BIG help. I appreciate your offer and will check out the photos in your trip report when I get a chance. I especially need BCV photos, so that is great!

Thanks!

We'll be staying at the beach club really soon and I have a question. I've looked at all the maps but I still don't know which standard view room to request. Something fairly close to the main areas and with a decent view would be great !

As Teena has said in many previous posts, asking for a room by number rather than location may work against you if the room number specified isn't available the day you arrive.

Really sad we didn't get to spend much time together this trip. I'm glad you had a great time. Stay in touch!!!

Definitely! I'm grateful for the time we had together, even if it was limited!!!

Hi Amanda,

So glad that you got the pins and that they were a success. You are very welcome. I am mailing the remaining ones to Teena today so she should have them at the end of the week.

Glad you had a great trip. We are finally leaving in 12 days. Kids went back to school today :banana: but are excited that the trip is so close and the fact that they miss 4 days of school for the trip. :lmao:

Too bad about bounceback, i was hoping for room discount for my mother/daughter trip in may with my mom. I am converting park pass to AP so hopefully good AP discount will come out so we can stay at BC then too.

I was sad about bounceback. We're back in January for the half marathon so maybe there will be a good offer available then. I have an AP but it expires in April. We'll see if we decide to renew them or not. My kids have APs that won't expire until next August.... (And I'm still hopeful that my DH will agree to buying DVC at BCV!)

Amanda

As Teena has said in many previous posts, asking for a room by number rather than location may work against you if the room number specified isn't available the day you arrive.

We were in 4610, which was a standard room, full balcony (4th floor). We had a view of the courtyard between BC and the Villas. You can see pictures on my TR I just started.
We were down the hall from the elevators about 8 rooms or so. I really liked it. Quiet, but easy in and out.
I should note that it was a room just for 4, no daybed as we were only 4 people.

In 2008 we had 5636 and I agree it was a great standard/courtyard view!

i just checked out of room 4636 and it was a great room. it was a corner, just off the main elevators, close to everything and a view of the little garden area behind the volleyball court.

Thank you for the replies! I really appreciate it! We're staying Sept 11-18 and so excited to finally stay at a Deluxe :goodvibes Maybe I'll just request a standard view room in the 4600s. Either way I'll be at the Beach Club so can't go wrong there :banana:

Officially booking my November 2011 trip next week!!!!!!! cannot waitttt...please get me pumped up and include and tips or suggestions...it's a mother daughter trip, Me (23) Mom (55) it's a surprise for her birthday!!!

TIA! :goodvibes

Just back a few days ago from our awesome trip to WDW! No time to go through the many posts as I am back to school. I had asked about using mask goggles (that cover the nose) and the only reply I saw said they weren't allowed. Just wanted to let those of you planning that they were always allowed in any pool area of SAB, but not always on the slide. Some life guards allowed them on the slide, some did not. When they did say no, they allowed my son to carry them down in his hand. The eyes only goggles were always allowed. Good luck to everyone planning trips!

Sounds like a GREAT vacation on the west coast!

There is info on the front page about the buttons. Perhaps Teena can set one aside for you at home, then contact her by PM a few weeks before your trip so she can bring it to BC.

Thanks so much!! Teena, if you could grab just one for me, I'll send you a PM a couple weeks before our February 7 arrival. Dee - wow - you are so super organized, getting this on the first page already! Thanks!

And it was a really great vacation! I've been going to Newport Beach nearly every year since childhood, but it was our boys' first visit to DL and I had not been there in nearly 30 years! We loved many things about DL, and we were chosen as the family to open the park on their first day at Disneyland Park - very exciting! We also loved Disney's California Adventure - maybe even more than Disneyland Park - but hard to say. Even though we're a WDW family, we'll definitely return to DL someday - especially after Cars Land opens.

If any BC/YC disers head out to the West Coast, let me know - I'm happy to answer any DL or Newport questions! Or if any West Coast BC/YC disers would like comparisons of resorts, rides, restaurants, etc., I'm happy to try and help with that too!

Officially booking my November 2011 trip next week!!!!!!! cannot waitttt...please get me pumped up and include and tips or suggestions...it's a mother daughter trip, Me (23) Mom (55) it's a surprise for her birthday!!!

TIA! :goodvibes

LOVE LOVE LOVE mother/daughter trips!!! DD25 and ME*% are leaving 10/7 for food and wine. I booked our November 2011 trip a few weeks ago and CANNOT wait! We'll be staying 3 nights on our DVC points and 6 nights at YC on the platinum plan. We've never stayed at YC but I know we will love it when we are there in October so I went ahead and booked it again!! I'm not allowed to start planning anything yet as DD wants to enjoy our October trip first... I love to plan and October is all planned and paid for which led to the November 2011 trip. I hope you enjoy your planning and I know you will enjoy your mother/daughter trip!!:cheer2:

~Nannette

Does anyone know when the YC decorates for Xmas?

We are considering a short trip over Thanksgiving but might postpone until early Dec if the decorations are not up?

Thanks!

We have gone a few times in November, and are headed there this Thanksgiving. I believe all of the decorations are up the week before Thanksgiving. There are MVMCP scheduled, and the Osbourne lights are up in MGM. EPCOT was all decorated, but the CP and roaming Santas did not start until the week after Thanksgiving when we were there last. I can say for sure the BC was decorated. I have lobby pictures from all of the hotels we visited. Hope that helps!

Greetings fellow BC/YC fans. I am a long time lurker, first time poster here, but my family and I love the BC. And, I love this thread and all the wonderful information posted.

We made our first visit to the BC back in May of 07 and it didn't take long to call it our second home. We loved the location, we loved SAB and we loved how wonderful the CMs were. One of them created some magic for our DD, and from that moment, a friendship was born. That CM's name is Teena.

I look forward to reading more from all of you, both guests and CMs alike, about this incredible resort.

My family, which totals 15, will be staying at BC from November 4-10 and it is gonna be great. We stayed at GF last trip and PO year before last. Not all 15 are mine, my sister and her family, my family, aunt and her family, and mom and dad. I have never been inside BC, but the outside is the BOMB!!:banana:

Greetings fellow BC/YC fans. I am a long time lurker, first time poster here, but my family and I love the BC. And, I love this thread and all the wonderful information posted.

We made our first visit to the BC back in May of 07 and it didn't take long to call it our second home. We loved the location, we loved SAB and we loved how wonderful the CMs were. One of them created some magic for our DD, and from that moment, a friendship was born. That CM's name is Teena.

I look forward to reading more from all of you, both guests and CMs alike, about this incredible resort.

My family, which totals 15, will be staying at BC from November 4-10 and it is gonna be great. We stayed at GF last trip and PO year before last. Not all 15 are mine, my sister and her family, my family, aunt and her family, and mom and dad. I have never been inside BC, but the outside is the BOMB!!:banana:

Welcome Nala and Old School. Be careful as this site (and resort) is HIGHLY addictive!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter