2010 promo information is here! "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day."

I can find the opportunities, but when I select one and click on "Register" I am getting this error:

The webpage "disneyparks.delivery.net" cannot be found

Does anyone know if you can give your free ticket to someone else? I know it says "not transferable" but I was wanting to give it to my son since I have an AP. If he gets one and I get one, then he could go for a couple of days with me later this year.

Finally got signed up! There were definitely some errors on the Disney pages, but I made it through.
Am volunteering on the 9th and hope it works out that I can use my free ticket on the 24th!

You cannot transfer it but you can donate it to charity. It lists which charities will accept it. For eg: "Dreams take Flight" will accept the tickets as a donation.

When I typed in my zip code, I discovered that there are several volunteer opportunites right around the corner from me (all in the same building/office) - and when I say "around the corner," I mean literally. You know how it shows you the number of miles away the places are? Mine said 0.00 miles!!! That is how close it is. In fact, I have been in this building before, for other reasons.

I noticed that some of the things that are needed at many of these places seem to be almost like very specific job titles, not just sort of general help needed. This may seem like a dumb question, but what I am wondering is, if one place needs a cook, let's say, to prepare meals, if someone can't cook that well but wants to volunteer for that, will they be accepted? Or is this going to be like job hunting where they take in only the most qualified candidates? That cooking thing is just an example. The places that need cooks or meal preparers are not anywhere near me!! My volunteer choices around the corner need other kinds of specific help, not anything general. But I want to try to get in there anyway, because it is so close!

Finally got signed up! There were definitely some errors on the Disney pages, but I made it through.
Am volunteering on the 9th and hope it works out that I can use my free ticket on the 24th!

In the FAQs it says to allow 2 weeks to get your verification and voucher. It will be close, but you do have the 14 days they say to allow.

- Dreams

In the FAQs it says to allow 2 weeks to get your verification and voucher. It will be close, but you do have the 14 days they say to allow.

- Dreams

I know. I already have a quick LA trip planned and if my day at Disney is free- bonus! If I get my voucher after I get back- I'll just have to plan another trip down!

I just wish they would have had the info posted sooner so we could do it before our 1 day Jan trip. Oh well. I was also hoping for more opportunities in Salt Lake City, but there is only 1 for the whole city, others are 30 miles or so away. I think this is a great idea on Disney's part to encourage volunteering.

I have been trying for 3 hours...I keep getting in but then the verification word is not working...grrrr! Now only one spot left for the place I want to do!

I signed DD & I up for the commumity hospital right up the street. The "job" is very vague, but we will show up bright eyed and bushy tailed, willing to do whatever! I chose it because like so many of you, it was the only one in my city and I don't want to drive 30 minutes (or more). I also noticed anything animal related (no matter what zip code) was booked. I also have to mention one I definitely passed on! It was with a Boy Scout troop. You had to clean up a park for 6 1/2 hours. It said "must bring sack lunch, gloves, rake or shovel, work boots, hat, plenty of water and be prepared TO WORK HARD". That sounded too much like hard labor to me - no thanks, but kudos to those Boy Scouts!:thumbsup2

I am all the way to the point of picking the place, time, etc. and it says submitting sign-up....and then it comes back with an error message...grrr!

Well you guys are getting further than I am!:goodvibes I can't seem to get past the page that says "search and sign up" where I put either my zip or sity/state... Hmm... Maybe I will wait til you all go to bed! :rotfl2:

Any tips to get past that page?

Disney's Special FASTPASS® cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party.†

Does this mean that if my GF and I do this that we can use her "redemption" 1day and both get all of the fastpasses and then on the next day use mine and get all of the fastpasses?

That is my interpretation as well...and what I am hoping for.

I've had trouble registering for this as well. After hours it finally let me through all the steps and took me to the Handson Network site and just now when I try to accept it gives me a error message. And now not sure if went through and when I try to go back and register again I can't because the email has already been in use so says have to try again tomorrow or use another email(which I did and same thing happened again.) Sigh. Didn't think this would be so hard to sign up.

My initial thought was that this is a fantastic idea, but after looking at my options I wonder how feasible it really is. I live near a major midwest city and there are only a handful of opportunities anywhere nearby and all but one are only ages 18 and up. I was hoping it would be a great motivator to get my kids to volunteer (esp since I already volunteer quite a bit) but unless they add some other options it's not going to happen. I could drive about 90 miles to help with a pet adoption (although I'm allergic to cats and dogs) or be some type of Red Cross coordinator (although shouldn't that require some training?). I hope the options are better for people in other parts of the country.

If we do end up volunteering it may not help much anyway. I'm sure it's great for the locals who want to go for the day, but it's a major expense for us to go to DLR or WDW. It looks like I could apply a free day towards a multi-day ticket, but I'm guessing it wouldn't reduce the cost much (esp since multi day tickets get cheaper the more days you add). I suppose I could volunteer alone to get the Fastpass ticket, but honestly I'd rather save the gas and just give $10 to a local charity (which I do anyway). Again, it's a nice program and I hope it does inspire people who don't normally volunteer to do so. I'm guessing for many of us, though, it's a letdown when we honestly look at our options.

After a few hours of errors and too many volunteers for the first choice opportunity, my family of three is working at the activity table making slime.

There are some work at home projects.

We are signed up for project linus. I love to sew so I made two quilts today. Dh is cutting a fleece blanket tomorrow and is in charge of shipping. DD6 is making the cards and also helped me shop for Hannah Montana fleece no less. This is perfect for us and the three of us will get tickets. DD4 helped with the cards too but of course won't get a ticket. I did not tell dd6 it was for tickets as she does not know we are going and is willing to help without a reward. We do monthly girl scout projects so this is not a new idea for her. Last month she had a bake sale and sold cupcakes. She made $43 and bought baby toy to donate to St. Vincent De paul at our church. She actually thought that the blankets were part of a girl scout project as this month we are supposed to take five items each to Goodwill. She said "Yeah, mommy you need to give all this fabric away". I am a fabric fanatic and their is a half off sale at Handcock right now!

There are almost no opportunities in our city (San Antonio). I will have to mail the blankets to the National Headquarters so I think the whole thing including materials and shipping will cost about $40.

Monica

well I finally got myself registered for a time, but somehow I missed being able to sign the rest of the family up and it wont let me back in to make chnages....ugh!@

Got my dh and I registered and I am so excited!!!! I love roses, but can't quite figure out how to make them grow big and lovely here in the desert. Well, our volunteer opportunity is pruning roses at the community college. We will receive instruction, donuts and coffee/ tea. I think I would actually do this without the benefit of tickets. How exciting!

I can't figure out how to get dd signed up yet. Lots of bugs on this site today and I couldn't sign her up for anything we could do because she is 7. The only thing she can do is a really cool library program where they read 10 books, clean the book covers, make a picture about volunteering and then make mouse ears. So cute. I just can't get her signed up. I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow. I can't be the only one. There has been 99 openings for this all day long.

This is the instructions I was given. Choose a volunteer opportunity. Express interest by filling out the info. Within five days the organization will contact you. We chose our organization and sent info. I received a confirmation email. After the organization contacts me we make final arrangments. I am to follow the link in the confirmation email sent to me today to complete my registration and sign up. It took less than five minutes. Maybe people are trying to complete the registration before they have been contacted by the organization and that is why you might be getting errors.

If you want your kids to volunteer make sure you check the box that indicates that in the search. If it says 16 or older or eighteen or older because that is what is required to volunteer alone. Children are allowed to volunteer in a majority of the postings if they are accompanied by an adult.

Read the terms and conditions and most questions will be answered there:goodvibes

I have to tell you that I was looking closer at things in my area (100 mile radius), and what happened to "Give a day, get a day?" There was one opportunity for helping with tax returns for the less fortunate. It required 4 shifts and 2 days of training! How many days is supposed to be given???? Also, one was Jan. 18 MLK volunteer session (5 hours) to sign up for a volunteer opportunity at a later time. One was taking over a curator calendar requiring 1 hour/day for 6 weeks. By my calculations, that is 42 hours. No simple blood donations in my 100 mile radius.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter