• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 promo information is here! "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day."

. . . At least in this, everyone has equal opportunity and access to the prizes.

I think Disney acknowledged that only 83% of the US would be covered by this promotion, leaving 17% not covered. And, of course, Europeans and Australians are not covered at all.

We have been remarking at the quality of journalism at the local newspaper and TV station. Both just regurgitated the Disney press release without even bothering to look to see if there were opportunies locally. Our local volunteer center is not affiliated with the Hands On Network, so it is unlikely that local non-profits will post help needed with a Hand On Network volunteer center, because the closest is about 90 miles away. -- Suzanne

I must say that I am disappointed in this promotion in that it depends on where you live. Not everyone has an equal chance. The one opportunity in my town is limited to thoses 16 and over. What??!! The nearest one that allows the 6 y.o. is 76 miles away! How fair is that??!! Not only that, but there is really not information on what that one location requires. There should have been more opportunities available. No, I'm not moving to the city just to volunteer for a day. I don't live in a tiny town, either.

Disney's Special FASTPASS® cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party.†

Does this mean that if my GF and I do this that we can use her "redemption" 1day and both get all of the fastpasses and then on the next day use mine and get all of the fastpasses?

I must say that I am disappointed in this promotion in that it depends on where you live. Not everyone has an equal chance. The one opportunity in my town is limited to thoses 16 and over. What??!! The nearest one that allows the 6 y.o. is 76 miles away! How fair is that??!! Not only that, but there is really not information on what that one location requires. There should have been more opportunities available. No, I'm not moving to the city just to volunteer for a day. I don't live in a tiny town, either.

That stinks. Maybe you could look at doing a volunteer opportunity while on vacation if you're planning on going somewhere in the next 6 months. My only chance for volunteering would be during this last week that I'm home for winter break because all of the opportunities "near" my law school are at least an hour's driving distance away (no public transportation routes reach them either) and I do not have a car.

Is the site working for everyone else? Every time that I click on the button to sign up for a particular volunteer activity, my web browser (Safari) tells me that it can't load the page.

I can't get through. I keep getting the error message "disneyparks.delivery.net is not set up to establish a connection on port "https" with this computer."

What's up with this site? Is it working for anyone?

Due to strong interest, we are currently experiencing a high volume with the registration process. Please keep trying or come back later to sign up. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Due to strong interest, we are currently experiencing a high volume with the registration process. Please keep trying or come back later to sign up. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks, Perlster. I saw that, but was just wondering if anyone had been able to get through. GL to those trying!

Well, Disney botched this royally.

After failing to set up the necessary web infrastructure, no one bothered to tell ABC, and they went with a promo on national TV. That'll make bringing the process back on-line easier - NOT!

The site said that opportunity in our area(s) will be updated daily so if there isn't something in your area there maybe soon. I know Disney said that tickets were limited but I gotta guess that if this is a real success they'll extend it in some way. Stay positive friends I'm sure you'll all get through! :lovestruc

Wow, opportunities in my area are going quickly! Better go sign up fast!

I just looked at opportunities in our area. Some really cool stuff: Playing with abused animals, donating blood, assisting with web design, food drives.... Lots of variety. Good stuff!

HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available

type Status report

message This application is not currently available

description The requested service (This application is not currently available) is not currently available.
JBossWeb/2.0.1.GA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: pg_connect() [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: connection limit exceeded for non-superusers in /home/ds-production/db.inc.php on line 12

Warning: pg_query(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in /home/ds-production/db.inc.php on line 28

Warning: pg_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/ds-production/db.inc.php on line 44

Warning: pg_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL result resource in /home/ds-production/db.inc.php on line 49

Warning: pg_query(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in /home/ds-production/db.inc.php on line 28

Warning: pg_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/ds-production/db.inc.php on line 44

Warning: pg_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL result resource in /home/ds-production/db.inc.php on line 49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Volunteer Opportunity Portal
An error occurred; please contact support.

GuestTransaction.id=7060 transactionStatus=[disney_data missing]

Congrats Drag N Fly! Maybe we would have better luck if we lived in Canada. I agree this was a great idea, the implementation however stinks. We are trying to find something for January. It may be impossible. If anyone gets through, please post!!!!

Congrats Drag N Fly! Maybe we would have better luck if we lived in Canada. I agree this was a great idea, the implementation however stinks. We are trying to find something for January. It may be impossible. If anyone gets through, please post!!!!

I am having no troubles getting in through my link. Put your zip code in at the bottom of the page and opportunities should easily show up. My link is not just for us canuckies.:thumbsup2

I was able to register our family today and got a confirmation email already. I went back to log in to our account and got a server time out.

There was nothing near us, so we have to drive about 20 miles away to do a habit restoration. Still, it is so cool to have this opportunity to apply a single day park ticket ($72) to a multi day hopper for our July trip!

I am having no troubles getting in through my link. Put your zip code in at the bottom of the page and opportunities should easily show up. My link is not just for us canuckies.:thumbsup2

Same here. And I am not in Canada. Where are people running into trouble? Ii input my zip code and got al sorts of great opportunities.

I was able to find an opportunity (an hour away but I live in a small town so expected to drive) but when I try to register through the link they emailed me I can't get it to work. It gets stuck or says I need to refresh. I guess the demand is greater than they thought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter