2010 Mom's Panel Results along with lists of Round 2 & 3 Participants

I am sitting here trying to develop my answers and I'm not even coming close to the less than 100 word limit and I'm only on the first question. I'm currently over 600 words. I'm just trying to get everything in there. Anyone have any advice? Thank you 5fromabove. The Cape is a small place so we may just know each other. Good point....being laid off means more time for me to do the moms panel, if I make it. I guess I just have to think like that.

I am sorry to hear about your job. :sad2:

For the questions, I'd have to say what the others have said: keep it simple and don't try to fit it all in. I mean...we could all write pages about how we help others plan a WDW vacation....right? :rotfl:

That being said...I too am still thinking about what I wrote for my answers and will be for at least the next 12 days! :scared1: :surfweb:

Good luck and pixie dust. :wizard:

Hi All! If you're looking for a diversion for a few minutes - I have a new blog up. About big dreams :goodvibes

Check it out if you have a few minutes! What Now?!?!?

Oh my gosh! I just got home, and before I even got to these threads, some of the girls had posted the news on our new facebook group!

WOW! WOW! WOW!

We all knew you should have made it to Round 2! Congratulations girl!

This will be a great experience for you! Have you calmed down any in the past few hours? I know you need to start working on those answers, so I won't keep you busy here reading posts, but I just wanted to add my congratulations message to all the others!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thanks to you and everyone here for the congrats!! I know it's such a shock. I still haven't calmed down, no...I refuse to even attempt to answer (despite my brain thinking up things on its own) the questions until tonight and then I'll re-look them over tomorrow. I don't want to rush anything with what little time I have left!

I know it's been really hard on so many, and remember I was thinking the same thing as of noon today - "Why not me?" I don't know why or how it's me and not others, but I am so grateful for this extra pixie dusted moment.

Can't wait to come back here and WAIT some more! ;) Good luck to all! pixiedust:

I am sitting here trying to develop my answers and I'm not even coming close to the less than 100 word limit and I'm only on the first question. I'm currently over 600 words. I'm just trying to get everything in there. Anyone have any advice? Thank you 5fromabove. The Cape is a small place so we may just know each other. Good point....being laid off means more time for me to do the moms panel, if I make it. I guess I just have to think like that.

Where on the Cape? I spend a month in Falmouth every year. If either of you ever hit the Cuffy's store in Falmouth the last year you may have seen me in the Summer! It sadly closed and I lost my summer job there :(

Zanna that is great news! Congrats!

I wrote my answers off the cuff. I knew the more I thought about it the more frustrated I would get. I thought of what I wanted to write about for the first one. I wrote from the heart and how it felt. Hopefully that will be enough.

Magic2go nice blog :)

I wrote my answers off the cuff. I knew the more I thought about it the more frustrated I would get. I thought of what I wanted to write about for the first one. I wrote from the heart and how it felt. Hopefully that will be enough.

Magic2go nice blog :)

That's what I did too.. I wanted to write spontaneously and as myself. I knew if I waited too long, I'd over-think it, second guess myself, and make it way more formal. :goodvibes Hope that works for us!

Thanks on the blog - I have a bunch of old newspaper articles on aspects of Disney that I plan on writing about this week.. It gives me a different take on history and "old news" when its a subject I love :) Plus, its a great way for me to burn up my nervous energy! :rotfl:

Okay, so I am now certain that the decision makers for the Mom's Panel only view you as adequately qualified if you have a blog and/or Twitter. Or...at least for the most part. Too bad.

I think many of us can say that we use technology to keep us current in our WDW knowledge. I know I do! As a mom of three young ones, two with special needs, I simply don't have time to blog and Twitter all the time. It's a shame many of our other qualities may have not measured up to those of the bloggers, Twitterers, and Facebook applicants. I WORKED in Information Technology before kids. I certainly know my way around a computer. I'd be thrilled to contribute weekly to the Mom's Panel site. However, I simply don't have the time to blog, Twitter, and Facebook daily with an active family of three small children.

Seems like I may be in the minority here? I just see it as a shame that other qualifications may not be as important as the blogs, etc. seem to be. I'd be curious to know how many of the finalists from the Dis use Facebook, Twitter, and/or have blogs???

Where on the Cape? I spend a month in Falmouth every year. If either of you ever hit the Cuffy's store in Falmouth the last year you may have seen me in the Summer! It sadly closed and I lost my summer job there :(

:)

Wow, Glo! I live in Falmouth!! :) I was sad to see Cuffy's close. Hey, when I was in there last summer, someone working there was on the phone planning a Disney trip...maybe that was you!!

Perhaps next summer we can meet up at Old Silver Beach and chat about the Mouse all day long. :thumbsup2

Well, I don't know..I would think contributing to the moms panel would take more time than all 3 of those things combined. I have all 3 items (blog and twitter being relatively new...within the last few months) and I did not move on. In our various discussions on a couple boards, it seems this upcoming panel isn't all about knowledge but that is still important too. If it was all about knowledge and/or experience, they could come to DIS and choose the ones with high post counts and invite them to try out. Although, I've been on DIS since day 1 and my post count is small, relatively speaking.

My main point is, the panel is evolving. Probably that first year, knowledge was first and foremost a requirement. I think now it IS more network related but that's just because that is how it is nowadays; more ways to get that information out there; the world is changing and the panel selection process is responding to that change.

I am contacting you directly via email, as I have been informed that you inadvertently received the incorrect correspondence regarding your status for the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel search. You should have received the "congratulations" message below...

I am BEYOND shocked. Seriously shaking. I cried of course too. Told my husband and after congratulating me he said "Ok, I'll let you go think" and I said I CAN'T THINK!! Deep breaths.

OMG Zanna, that is awesome!!

Congratulations!!! :woohoo: You must feel as though you won the lottery!

Kathy

Well, I don't know..I would think contributing to the moms panel would take more time than all 3 of those things combined. I have all 3 items (blog and twitter being relatively new...within the last few months) and I did not move on. In our various discussions on a couple boards, it seems this upcoming panel isn't all about knowledge but that is still important too. If it was all about knowledge and/or experience, they could come to DIS and choose the ones with high post counts and invite them to try out. Although, I've been on DIS since day 1 and my post count is small, relatively speaking.

My main point is, the panel is evolving. Probably that first year, knowledge was first and foremost a requirement. I think now it IS more network related but that's just because that is how it is nowadays; more ways to get that information out there; the world is changing and the panel selection process is responding to that change.

I appreciate what you're saying. I think it was on the last Mom's Panel thread (??) where a past or current panel member said she devotes about 3-4 hrs. per week answering the questions. I could easily carve out that time to answer ques. in the two hrs. per day when ALL the kids are away at the same time. I cannot, however, blog, Twitter, or do Facebook everyday. I know I am not the only one not chosen to move on who IS technical, has tons to contribute, but who does not blog, Twitter, or do Facebook. That just seems so narrowly focused. I still am curious as to the # of Diser's selected who DO use those outlets.

I know one thing...no, TWO things. First, we are ALL panel worthy. Second, I have learned something from this process each time I applied. I plan on using that knowledge the NEXT time that I apply and hope for the best. Yes, I would love to know the numbers breakdown, but I won't be finding that out any time soon.

I think we can safely assume there will be DISers on the 2010 panel. One of these years, I plan on one being ME!

Good Luck to all 33 of you!

I know one thing...no, TWO things. First, we are ALL panel worthy. Second, I have learned something from this process each time I applied. I plan on using that knowledge the NEXT time that I apply and hope for the best. Yes, I would love to know the numbers breakdown, but I won't be finding that out any time soon.

I think we can safely assume there will be DISers on the 2010 panel. One of these years, I plan on one being ME!

In other words, you now have a blog and recently began Twittering? :) ;);)

FWIW, I hope it IS you on a future panel!

In other words, you now have a blog and recently began Twittering? :) ;);)

FWIW, I hope it IS you on a future panel!

Thanks for that vote of confidence!

Actually, I've been on Twitter almost a year and the blog, I just started so that I can use it for my trip report for my upcoming trip in December. Perhaps in the future, I will expand on that. I guess I've been on FB almost a year too, now that I think about it. FEELS alot longer though. I have become somewhat attached to FB and am on it way too much, admittedly. --->:surfweb:

For the record...I blog (not Disney specific), tweet and am on Facebook. And I didn't make it either. However...I only mentioned that I blogged on my application. Perhaps I shot myself in the foot there. :confused3

But I'm fairly new to blogging...only been doing it a few months. I by no means have thousands of followers.

Hey there, just to make us all a bit more nervous - Laura tweeted just a bit ago that she's got "more to read for the Second round!".

Just think.. someone may have already gazed at my photo! SCARY! But it is nearly Halloween.. so maybe that's a good thing!:lmao:

For the record...I blog (not Disney specific), tweet and am on Facebook. And I didn't make it either. However...I only mentioned that I blogged on my application. Perhaps I shot myself in the foot there. :confused3

But I'm fairly new to blogging...only been doing it a few months. I by no means have thousands of followers.

Same here, I have exactly ONE follower, lol. But I have it set up so that anyone can view w/o my knowledge. The aol/dvc board will mostly be who reads my trip report in December. My first draft included FB and Twitter but I took that out, perhaps a mistake. Hindsight is 20/20, but I am not sure that any changes would have mattered.

Same here, I have exactly ONE follower, lol. But I have it set up so that anyone can view w/o my knowledge. The aol/dvc board will mostly be who reads my trip report in December. My first draft included FB and Twitter but I took that out, perhaps a mistake. Hindsight is 20/20, but I am not sure that any changes would have mattered.

I'll follow you Donna. I'm @NDM_1 :)

I'll follow you Donna. I'm @NDM_1 :)

LOL, thanks! I think I have your site saved to read also. I think we can all help each other. I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't feel a "loss" over this, I feel I gained quite a bit over the last couple weeks; met alot of nice people I did not know before! the moms panel would have been icing on the cake.

Hey there, just to make us all a bit more nervous - Laura tweeted just a bit ago that she's got "more to read for the Second round!".

Just think.. someone may have already gazed at my photo! SCARY! But it is nearly Halloween.. so maybe that's a good thing!:lmao:

Found it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter