2010 Mom's Panel Results along with lists of Round 2 & 3 Participants

After SO much great news yesterday, I received some scary news yesterday afternoon- the doctor found a lump in my breast and she wants me to see a surgeon right away... SO, I'm asking for lots of good thoughts and prayers from my DIS friends, if you wouldn't mind! I'm very scared right now, and I hate that I had a damper put on my exciting day finding out about moving on to round 2!

They think it's a benign fibroadenoma, but they want to make sure. I'm terrified it is something worse. And as a single mom to a 2 year old, lots of scary things go through my head.... Ugh.

SO, if you wouldn't mind throwing some pixie dust my way in the midst of the celebrating... which I'm still trying to do in spite of this scary news!

I wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you. This is a scary time because all sorts of things go through your mind when your doctor wants you to see a surgeon. I would encourage you to make the appointment sooner rather than later. Information and knowledge give you the power and can stop the fear once you have answers. Three months ago I had a spontaneous discharge come from my breast and was told to see a surgeon immediately. I thought all kinds of terrible things and my mind went to the big c. I went and was there for four hours while they ran all types of tests. PTL they were satisified that it is probably hormonal. But as I write this, I have to go back for another check-up because I am on their "watch-list", and will be going back this afternoon. Please go see the doctor so they can reassure you. So many women are told it may be something and it usually turns out as nothing. I want the nothing for you so that you can focus on the good things coming your way. Best wishes in the next round.

I was lucky enough to be chosen for round 2 as well. Great news since I just returned from my WDW vacation on Tuesday to find out I was laid off AGAIN>>>second time in 14 months. UGH!! Anyway, does anyone know how many people made it to round 2?

Congrats on making it to Round 2, CC Girl!! I'm from the Cape too, maybe we know each other, lol. :) I think the consensus is that approximately 200 people make it to round 2...I'm not sure where that information originally came from, though. Hope you had a wonderful trip to Disney, and I'm sorry to hear about being laid off. :( Just think of all the extra time you'll have to dedicate to the Panel now ;) Seriously though, hope you are able to find something again soon. I know how slow things are on the Cape.

Oh yes! :)

Sadly, my first week finally on the phones, my dad got gravely ill and passed away suddenly.

Thanks for sharing your Disney stories, I loved reading them :) I'm so sorry about the loss of your Dad. :( :hug:

Oh yes! :)

Ok, I'll try to tell the abbreviated version, I tend to get longwinded. ;)

I was in college and struggling with what to major in...I felt like I was floundering (I *loved* high school and had been in all AP/Honors classes/drama/chorus but in college I felt lost) and took a semester off. Then it hit me that what I wanted to do was work for Disney. I thought working for their Reservations office would be the most fun; planning other people's vacations! So I found a college that had a Bachelors program for Travel & Tourism management and transferred. I then convinced my mom and boyfriend to also move down and work there. So in May of 1995 we all moved down, and by June we were all Cast Members!

The only thing was DRC (the reservations center) was not hiring when we interviewed. Of course I would've accepted anything just to work there, and ended up with a position in merchandise on Main Street, USA. My mom ended up in Food & Beverage at All-Star Sports and my boyfriend was at MGM in merchandise also (he later moved on to attractions and did the special effects 'inside the magic' tour with the water tank and the inside miniatures/blue screen special effects when that was still around) My mom later transferred to merchandise and worked at Mickey's Star Traders. It was fun when we could meet up on our breaks in the Tunnel :)

My first day was the 4th of July and I was in the Main St. Athletic Club. Working on one of the busiest days of the year until 2am was a trial by fire but I wouldn't trade it for the world! I LOVED it because it was an all-new store (though of course I missed the Magic Shop and Penny Arcade as did many guests that came thru!) and we had NEW costumes. They were knickers instead of the plaid skirts and dark turquoise blue sailor-collared blouses. MUCH better than the high-necked blouses and hot pink bow ties! But now those costumes are done and it's all integrated again and it's not even pink bow ties anymore.

I also worked in Disney Clothiers and later volunteered to transfer to Uptown Jewelers when management told us we had to lose a member of the Athletic Club team to move over there. I was talking to CM's a while ago though and learned that now CM's rotate throughout all the Main Street shops. One of my favorite things to do was work the outdoor cart next door in the winter because we got to wear those cool long dark green coats. :D

My other favorite part was when SpectroMagic would come by. The shops would empty out and I'd see the floats going by with their twinkling lights and watch all the guests so excited to see it for the first time. Hearing that music still brings tears to my eyes. :)

Working during the Very Merry Christmas Party was also wonderful with the snow, and we got to wear Mickey Ear Santa hats and welcome all the guests as they walked down Main Street. SO magical...I'll never forget those special memories.

I was later offered a position in a full service travel agency and decided to take it. I worked there for a while and got my associate and Master CLIA (cruise line international association) certifications and I moved up to manager there quickly. I married my boyfriend in 1996 and we had our reception at the Dolphin :) More magical memories!

After we had our first child, we moved back to Mass where we had our second child. I *thought* I was ready to try to go back to work part time and got a job at The Disney Store up in Marlboro Mass, when my youngest was a year old. I soon realized it just wasn't going to work with my husband's networking job having him on call and unpredictable hours, so I wasn't able to stay there long.

We moved BACK to Orlando in 2003, and I finally got a position at DRC in reservations in early 2004. The training for that was fabulously fun. It was 6 weeks long and you have to remember that they are hiring people that might not have ANY experience with Disney at all...so every time there was a question about the resorts or activities we (oops, they) offered, I was the first to answer. Not embarrassed to say I became the teachers pet haha!

Sadly, my first week finally on the phones, my dad got gravely ill and passed away suddenly. I was pretty devastated and took a week off...during that week, my husband's job transferred him to Tampa (he worked there during the week and would come home on the weekends, until we moved in 2005), so I had no choice but to leave that position as well. There IS a DRC office in Tampa and I recently interviewed with them again (passed the phone interview!) but realized with a new little one at home, committing to working weekends and holidays wasn't really the best for us at this point. Another reason why I didn't go through with the interview was it was the same week that Moms Panel applications went through...I knew if I got the DRC job, I would not be able to be on the Moms Panel. I guess I was a little too optimistic about making it through.

ANYway...that's my story...sorry for rambling on!! I have written more about it in my history of Disney love. I guess I haven't posted my cast member pictures on the blog, but they are on my flickr account. I should make a separate blog entry I guess. Thanks for asking, Jud and sorry to anyone I bored with this! Back to the topic at hand!! :cheer2:

This post could be described as anything but boring!! I loved my few minutes of pretending I was in your shoes, wearing a Santa Mickey hat in a vacant Main Street store at night while the sounds of SpectroMagic ring in my ears. :goodvibes Thank you so much for sharing this, Zanna!

Congrats on making it to Round 2, CC Girl!! I'm from the Cape too, maybe we know each other, lol. :) I think the consensus is that approximately 200 people make it to round 2...I'm not sure where that information originally came from, though. Hope you had a wonderful trip to Disney, and I'm sorry to hear about being laid off. :( Just think of all the extra time you'll have to dedicate to the Panel now ;) Seriously though, hope you are able to find something again soon. I know how slow things are on the Cape.

@MomsPanelErin on twitter tweeted the other day that last year the number selected for Round 2 was actually closer to 150. But, yes, the range I keep hearing is 150-200.

Um...guys?

I'm shaking as I type this...this just appeared in my inbox:

Suzannah,

I am contacting you directly via email, as I have been informed that you inadvertently received the incorrect correspondence regarding your status for the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel search. You should have received the "congratulations" message below. We would very much like for you to continue on to the next round. You were approved in our internal system and therefore should be able to access the additional questions for Round 2 of the process.

I apologize for the miscommunication. If you have trouble accessing the site, please let me know.

Thank you for your interest in the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel and best of luck.

(I know her name has been posted on here already but I removed it for privacy just in case)
Walt Disney World Moms Panel​

I am BEYOND shocked. Seriously shaking. I cried of course too. Told my husband and after congratulating me he said "Ok, I'll let you go think" and I said I CAN'T THINK!! Deep breaths.

Did anyone else get an email like this?? I replied thanking her, so I know it's real, and I can log in (when I couldn't before) and see the questions now.

So my dear Twende, please if you could, add "Suzannah from Wesley Chapel, FL" to your list?? :hug: I hope you round 2-ers don't mind making room for one more?? :crowded:

Trying REALLY hard not to faint!!

Hi guys!

Just wanted to stop by & say hi :hug: & hope you all that made it to Round 2 are working hard on those questions!!

So...really??? People are really passing on this opportunity??? WTH? Do they know how many of us would take it?? That really sucks!!! Its a shame..they should really tell Disney so maybe they could send someone else the questions to take their spot. Just a thought...Hey, I can still be hopeful, right??

lol...Hope you all are having a great day :)

Um...guys?

Suzannah,

I am contacting you directly via email, as I have been informed that you inadvertently received the incorrect correspondence regarding your status for the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel search. You should have received the "congratulations" message below. We would very much like for you to continue on to the next round. You were approved in our internal system and therefore should be able to access the additional questions for Round 2 of the process.

I apologize for the miscommunication. If you have trouble accessing the site, please let me know.

Thank you for your interest in the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel and best of luck.

(I know her name has been posted on here already but I removed it for privacy just in case)

I am BEYOND shocked. Seriously shaking. I cried of course too. Told my husband and after congratulating me he said "Ok, I'll let you go think" and I said I CAN'T THINK!! Deep breaths.

Did anyone else get an email like this?? I replied thanking her, so I know it's real, and I can log in (when I couldn't before) and see the questions now.

So my dear Twende, please if you could, add "Suzannah from Wesley Chapel, FL" to your list?? :hug: I hope you round 2-ers don't mind making room for one more?? :crowded:

I sure will be honestly I am running to my email box (mostly liely along with hundreds of other DIS'ers) to see if anything else is there too! :goodvibes

Um...guys?

Suzannah,

I know I already told you, but...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! :banana::cheer2::cloud9:

I know you are so excited!!

I'm hoping that they forgot a few of us & are emailing now....lol :)

You're kidding!!!! That is such fabulous news. I'll skooch on over so you can have a place right here with us. From reading the experience you just wrote about today, I can tell you would have great advice for people.

CONGRATS!!!! :cool1:

Um...guys?

Suzannah,

Um...guys?

Suzannah,

YAY!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :grouphug: I'm soooo happy for you!!! :) :dance3: Now, quick...go find some quiet and focus on your answers :) Woo hoo!!! :)

Um...guys?

Suzannah,

This is such wonderful news!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you - I know this means the world to you. Wishing you luck and oodles of Pixie Dust!!!

Um...guys?

Suzannah,

Walt Disney World Moms Panel

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I'm screaming! I'm jumping! I'm so happy! ZANNA, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! OK, now get to work!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Congraulations to all the Round 2 hopefuls!!!

:cheer2:

Your personalities and writing skills have done you proud!

I hope you all make it to Round 3!!!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Um...guys?

Suzannah,

I am contacting you directly via email, as I have been informed that you inadvertently received the incorrect correspondence regarding your status for the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel search. You should have received the "congratulations" message below.​

Ah HUH!!!! I KNEW you should have made it!!! I said so, didn't I???? YES!!! Awesome!!! And after just reading your story, I was going to write you should have made it anyway!!!

AWESOME!!! I am thrilled!!!!

Yeee Haaaa!!!!

:)

Jud​

Zanna, I got chills reading your post -- what a roller coaster ride you've been on the past few days! I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

I second that! Now get writting! Not much time left now!!

Thank you ALL!! It's been almost an hour and my heart is still racing. I don't think I can even begin to think about my answers till tonight. Have an 11½ month old that doesn't know the meaning of 'quiet time'. LOL

I will be honest and admit I've been reading through the old threads since the news Tuesday that I didn't make it...reading through the excitement of those going through the 2nd and 3rd round...it was so hard but I kept doing it. I thought it'd be another looong year of waiting before I could try to get this far again. Thanks to everyone for the amazing support group you are here!!:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter