2010 Free Dining FAQ and Questions Thread

I have a question for you expert free dining bookers. My DMIL and DFIL are planning on going in Sept when we go and we are DVC members so I don't know how this free dining works. My question is if they book a package is it a min. of two day base park ticket they can purchase, then can they upgrade these tickets to annual passes, and when can they upgrade them, when they check in? If they book at a value resort can they upgrade the quick service for the reg dining plan and does anyone know how much it is per person to upgrade? :confused3 Just thought of someting else I was wondering can you exchange two quick service meals for 1 table service?

Thank you,
Vanessa

I have a question for you expert free dining bookers. My DMIL and DFIL are planning on going in Sept when we go and we are DVC members so I don't know how this free dining works. My question is if they book a package is it a min. of two day base park ticket they can purchase, then can they upgrade these tickets to annual passes, and when can they upgrade them, when they check in? If they book at a value resort can they upgrade the quick service for the reg dining plan and does anyone know how much it is per person to upgrade? :confused3

Thank you,
Vanessa

Yes to the AP ugrade, not sure if at resort or at guest services. Yes to Dining upgrade $10 adults $2 child I think HTH :-)

I think it's quicker to go online than to phone. I was on at 7 am (noon UK time) the sound was all funny and it said there were tech problems. I stayed on the phone while I did an online booking and the online booking was complete before a CM was able to pick up. Ten nights at Pop 16th - 26th standard view, sticking with QSDP. Now to arrange the most fun way to use it :-)

YEAH BABY!!! Booked CSR for 14 NIGHTS!! August 17-31 with FD! Quickly called AirTran and got my flights at a reasonable price and WE"RE IN!!!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Me too, me too! Just got off the phone after a 15 minute hold time. CM was friendly and pretty magical! We are all reserved for 8 nights at Pop in August! Park Hopper, Water Parks, Fun & More, and FREE QS Dining! :dance3: First the Tupperware Conference staying at Coronado, and then on to Pop for our family vacation.

We've been to Disney World several times, but never with a discount. So I am VERY excited! And I am very THANKFUL to everyone on the DisBoards. I would have gone CRAZY trying to figure out if that discount was EVER coming. I've never been out here until a couple months ago. Such a great place with so many helpful people. THANK YOU!!

Hope everyone gets what they want! Now where will we gather to share our excitement and count down to our trip? :cool1:

I have a question for you expert free dining bookers. My DMIL and DFIL are planning on going in Sept when we go and we are DVC members so I don't know how this free dining works. My question is if they book a package is it a min. of two day base park ticket they can purchase, then can they upgrade these tickets to annual passes, and when can they upgrade them, when they check in? If they book at a value resort can they upgrade the quick service for the reg dining plan and does anyone know how much it is per person to upgrade? :confused3 Just thought of someting else I was wondering can you exchange two quick service meals for 1 table service?

Thank you,
Vanessa

Vanessa...

Yes.. they can upgrade to the reg dining plan and they can do that when they make the original booking. The cost is an addition 10$ per night per adult.

As for upgrading the tix to annual passes, yes it can be done but I STRONGLY recommend they book tickets for the length of their stay .. and then upgrade to an AP at the end of the trip.

Why? Because when upgrading .. they will have to separate the tickets from the room key with the dining credits.. and if that's not done properly.. it can really mess up the dining credits.

I strongly recommend doing the upgrade to AP at the end of the trip.. cost is the same and there is no downside to waiting.

K

Yes to the AP ugrade, not sure if at resort or at guest services. Yes to Dining upgrade $10 adults $2 child I think HTH :-)

Upgrades to AP's must be done at a park guest relations counter and again - I cannot say it strongly enough - I'd wait til the last day of your trip - because if the CM doesn't do it exactly right - it CAN mess up the dining credits.

Upgrades to AP's must be done at a park guest relations counter and again - I cannot say it strongly enough - I'd wait til the last day of your trip - because if the CM doesn't do it exactly right - it CAN mess up the dining credits.

Thx Knox :-)

Thanks for all your help Knox. :)

We waited ~25 minutes and called just after 7AM. Was able to get POFQ for 9 nights in Sept/Oct.

Over an hour on the phone...........:confused3.....still waiting.

My DS cannot make up his mind if he wants to go or not. FD is a great lure but he's in the middle of his teenage angst (17) thinking his parents and disneyworld is dorky. I booked my room this morning at Pop. If he decides he wants to go can I still call and add him to my ressie. We've done this before but it wasn't during free dining.

I told him he has to make a decision by tonight. Thanks for everyone's help, support and expertise. Dis rocks!

My DS cannot make up his mind if he wants to go or not. FD is a great lure but he's in the middle of his teenage angst (17) thinking his parents and disneyworld is dorky. I booked my room this morning at Pop. If he decides he wants to go can I still call and add him to my ressie. We've done this before but it wasn't during free dining.

I told him he has to make a decision by tonight. Thanks for everyone's help, support and expertise. Dis rocks!

I would add him on NOW, and remove him at 45 days or prior. Just to be sure.

Just switched out August ressie over to upgrade DDP at POP. Couldn't get Fantasmic! package :sad1: but at least I can sleep now. 32 minutes on hold and the CM's were fantastic :thumbsup2

Used the 407-939-6244 number in case anyone needs it. Had enough time to do dished and throw a dinner in the crock pot while I was waiting, so all worked out.

Now time to sleep finally.....:cloud9:

I GOT IT!!!!!!

After over two hours on hold with Disney:scared1:, my travel agent got through:banana: and got me booked for two weeks at POFQ with free dining:cheer2:!!!!! Saved almost $1500......yay, spending money:rotfl:!

party: Doing the free dining dance!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Just want to say to you Knox... :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

You've been great through all of this. Thanks for the on-point information!

Woohoo:woohoo::woohoo:

I am so excited! We downgraded from the Jr. Suites at CSR to 2 preferred rooms at Pop with dining, was almost a 2300.00 savings.:wizard:

Thanks to all and especially Knox for putting up with us loons.:eek:

We just upgraded from Pop to POR-FQ and added the free dining plan. I just got the confirmatin email. It doesn't actually say FD. What does it look like on the breakdown? There is a line that says PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QTR-STD is this it? I want to make sure we have it but don't want to spend another half an hour on hold long distance. I tried to make reservations for Cinderellas Royal Table both online and with a CM and it isn't showing up yet online and the castmember said it wouldn't show till this afternoon. I was fine with that until I got my confirmation and now I'm starting to worry.:scared:

It's good news. So far I don't think anyone hasn't gotten the dates and location the wanted. So Disney must not be booked yet. That's even better news it may not be crowded when we all go. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter